The Sangatha

Misra also stood up.

“I echo the sentiments of the Syrixian delegation. Thank you for your service to this Commonwealth, we all do appreciate it.

While I believe that the Syrixian emperor is a good choice as Head of the Commonwealth, the Secretary-General is meant to represent the regular people that make up the Commonwealth nations, not just Syrixia. While its true that I am of Syrixian descent, I am a Meterran and Guslant above all. I understand the benefits of diversity, working alongside Guslants of many races.

Despite being the youngest member of this Commonwealth, Guslantis is not by any means a novice at leading an alliance. It will be my first time at the helm, but I will rely on my fellow diplomats either here or back in Guslantis if I ever get into a position where I’m not sure how to proceed.

It is with that that I officially announce my intention to run against the Syrixian delegation for the Secretary-General position of the Commonwealth, for the people who make this organization possible,” said Misra, before returning to his seat.

Communique; October 4:
sjPImkB.png

Honorable Member States of the Commonwealth:

Pursuant to Commonwealth international law as mandated by the Charter, I hereby call a Council Election to decide the next Secretary-General. I charge Acting Secretary-General Imber Barak with the commissioning of the electoral processes. Should he decide to run as a candidate, Representative Plenipotentiary Rajendra Prasad will perform these functions.

His Majesty, Rajesh III
Head of the Commonwealth

Following the assembly of the Council, Roshni turned on her microphone and smilled jovially at her fellow delegates, before turning her gaze to Secretary-General Barak.

"Secretary-General Barak, I think I speak for all of us when I say that we can't thank you enough for the time and effort you've put into the Secretary-Generalship in the wake of your predecessor's resignation; and I definitely look forward to continuing to work with you."

"That said, as we have done for over half a century, it is time we once again walk into the future. I'd therefore like to take this moment to inaugurate this electoral process by declaring my candidacy for Secretary-General."

Misra was next to speak.

“I echo the sentiments of the Syrixian delegation. Thank you for your service to this Commonwealth, we all do appreciate it.

While I believe that the Syrixian emperor is a good choice as Head of the Commonwealth, the Secretary-General is meant to represent the regular people that make up the Commonwealth nations, not just Syrixia. While its true that I am of Syrixian descent, I am a Meterran and Guslant above all. I understand the benefits of diversity, working alongside Guslants of many races.

Despite being the youngest member of this Commonwealth, Guslantis is not by any means a novice at leading an alliance. It will be my first time at the helm, but I will rely on my fellow diplomats either here or back in Guslantis if I ever get into a position where I’m not sure how to proceed.

It is with that that I officially announce my intention to run against the Syrixian delegation for the Secretary-General position of the Commonwealth, for the people who make this organization possible,” said Misra.

Barak smiled, nodding to both Misra and Roshni.
"It was my pleasure to serve, and to do the duty I was called upon to perform. The Commonwealth is a force for good in this world, I honestly believe that. I never had any inclination to serve as its Secretary-General, but it was my upmost honour to do so."

"That being said, I shall not be running in this election. I will oversee the vote, and I wish all candidates the best of luck."

“With all candidates declared I would like to invite each to speak to the assembled council, to put forward their case for their candidacy.”
Imber couldn’t help but smile. The last time this occurred? He’d enthusiastically watched as Alexander Nicoli declared his candidacy and made his case. He wondered. If Alexander were still here, would he be running for re-election? He chuckled to himself at the possibility that even had he not ascended to the Secretary-General’s chair? He’d still be conducting this election.

Code:
[b]DECEMBER 2018 COMMONWEALTH ELECTION

Nation:[/b]

[b]Vote:[/b] < ROSHNI -- MISRA >

“Thank you Secretary-General. As stated before, our differences make us stronger, and with such a diverse nation like Guslantis leading this Commonwealth, we shall let the values at our core reign strong. From the cherry blossoms of Miragea to the deserts of Nekrehenet, from the plains of Sino to the hilltops of Talusmanse, Guslantis understands the different types of cultures and most importantly the different types of people that make our nation strong, and I believe that we can use that knowledge to strengthen the Commonwealth in the coming year. Through our partnerships, especially Thomas and her subsidiaries, we have learned to help our brothers and sisters in need, and to push forward through the difficult times. I do not think Councilor Roshni will be a bad choice, and am honored to run against her. I hope I have earned your vote, and thank you for your time here today.”

Misra said before taking a seat and casting his vote.

DECEMBER 2018 COMMONWEALTH ELECTION

Nation:
Guslantis

Vote: Abstain

Nation:
State of Iraelia

Vote: < ROSHNI >

9qbdkp.png

GOVERNMENT OF KREVT
क्रेवती सरकार

Apology Letter
Dear Members Of The Commonwealth.
Today, During the final hearing of Imperial Court Of Krevt for the Attempt of assassination of PM case, we were ashamed, as we couldn't understand the good intentions of the Assassin. We Our sorry for the wrong sentence we gave to the assassin. Today, Govt.Of Krevt is ashamed that we could not help that poor assassin. The Wrongs done to him by the local police during interrogation cannot be paid back. Today we are ashamed of ourselves that we kept the freedom of speech in the court restricted.
This day will be remembered as a day when we, the corrupt government got a lesson. From this point forward We will allow a chance of trial to every person accused of National Crime, even if it is unacceptable by the Society.

We Are ashamed of ourselves. But will keep improving our policies.

Kumar Vishwagupta Maurya
Representative of Govt.
For The Commonwealth

Nation: Triple Federation of Trinster

Vote: < MISRA >

"The vote tally is as such...
Three votes for Vimal Misra. One vote for Roshni Azad. Five abstentions. With the votes tallied? Vimal Misra is has been elected the new Secretary-General of the Commonwealth."

Misra stood before the Commonwealth, his first of many speeches as Commonwealth Secretary-General.

“Members of the Commonwealth, today marks a new beginning to our alliance. One where diversity is at our core. To the delegations of Trinster, Krevt, and Austalgotha, thank you for your endorsement, and I hope I will make you and all of the Commonwealth nations proud in my term as Secretary-General. To my opponent, Roshni, I thank you for your courage to run, and hope you will accept my appointment of you as my deputy. I began this run with my Queen still here, and I know that my victory here would have made her proud. I do ask that if you have suggestions or criticisms during my term, my office is open for you. I again hope that this will be a successful term alongside Roshni and may the Commonwealth thrive and prosper!”

Following the announcement of the results, Roshni nodded respectfully at Barak, before smiling cordially and shaking Misra's hand. "Congratulations." she stated quickly, before sitting back down.

Upon the completion of Misra's short speech, Roshni clapped briefly, and then turned on her microphone. "Mr. Secretary-General, I would be honored to accept the position. May I also say, on behalf of all of us here, our sincerest condolences- Her Majesty was a great leader and diplomat."

Government Of Krevt:
From Prime Minister
From a Past few weeks, The Capital City of Purna witnessed multiple amounts of Terror attacks. The Mastermind of this Whole attack has been busted. Although The attacks are now over, We have incurred losses worth Millions of Krevti Mudras, And our Budget can't cope up with the Repairs. And people too use the Purna City Railway to commute to their offices. Knowing the Importance of The Railway Line and The Expo Center that play one of the major roles in Growth of Economy, The Krevti Government will appreciate if we get some sort of Financial aid. No matter how much you provide us, it'll be a gift for our progress and the welfare of people.

Regards,
Chandravishwa Maurya

Prime Minister of
Krevti Federation.

Barak sat back and whistled quietly.

"The events in Krevt are tragic, but if the government's budget cannot account for repairs then what? Whatever we are able to give? I fear this is the first step towards this body subsidizing the Krevti government in perpetuity."

Roshni nodded. "HM Government is willing to assist the Government of Krevt with humanitarian and financial aid if it is necessary, but in regards to financial subsidies, we feel, as any ally should, that it is important for Krevt to maintain its financial integrity. The Empire agrees with Iraelia, and believes that Krevt should, first and foremost, reallocate funds within its budget to disaster relief and other relevant areas. Krevt is home to a strong economy; this is by no means impossible, and we have every confidence in the ability of Krevt to heal quickly and efficiently from these horrible attacks."

Fenghe leaned into the mic and spoke up. "Despite fear of sounding callous, I must agree with Mister Barak. If the Krevti government cannot handle the repairs and relief of a few bombings despite having a strong and healthy economy what hope do they have of surviving tornadoes, earthquakes, tsunami's? I am of the opinion that if they cannot even begin to help themselves then the Zhen Empire has no business in assisting them either. When they get their budgetary priorities straight and start an emergency disaster relief fund, then and only then will I feel inclined to infuse their efforts with Zhen Imperial capital."

he leaned back in his chair stroking his greyed goatee.

Vishwakarma Gupta after making a call to Prime Minister Chandravishwa Maurya replies "The Government has increased its Infrastructure and Public Transport Spendings. The Government will now invest 17% Of budget and 9% Of Budget to Infrastructure and Public Transport respectively. Thank you all for showing up the concerns and making us realize that we can actually easily fix up the damages caused."

Fenghe leans back into the mic and states once more with a smile. "I imagine it'll take a little bit to implement those budgetary alterations, but with my reservations gone, I see no reason why Zhen cannot send the financial assistance requested. Whatever you do not use to recover from the attacks however, I would ask you use to supplement your new disaster relief fund for future emergencies."

“That’s a preposterous concern,” Locan’ said, resting his arms on the desk. “We’re not talking about Norsia or Ninhundland here. Krevt, prior to this incident, has proven itself to be a stable and economically sound country. It’s a supplier of military technology, machinery, and automotives to a plethora of countries. They were able to support and uphold themselves prior and generate a profit.

“If we were to loan them money, I trust that they would benefit from such compensation and go on without the continuous need of our support in the future. They may even become even more economically sound than before, especially with the likely investment in infrastructure.”

Edrik Vants stood up before the commonwealth, reading aloud a letter from Grand Vizier Algon Chopra:
From GV Chopra::
I am sure the news coming out of the Vestrugat has left you all speculating. Some of you may wonder what the future has in store? Others are probably still trying to figure out what has transpired over the last few weeks and how that has led to such drastic changes.

To summarize, as succinctly as I can, the province of Greater Lotheland, wanting to reunify with Lothel-Dutia, seceded from Hastenfrakta. There was a series of battles fought, though thankfully casualties remained low. The fighting is now over, thanks greatly to His Majesty Sherwin, King of Esplandia. Things will be changing over the next few months. Drastically changing. Due to the the failure of the Federation to be able to act one way or another during this crisis it was decided a strong leader, invested with the authority of the Vestrugat, was needed. That person was unanimously decided as Sherwin.

He will be named Raektdev of the Vestrugat, the supreme head of the federation. In as much Vestrugatia will become Imperial Vestrugatia. While Austalgotha will recognize Sherwin as Emperor, I shall remain the head of government, and head of state, of Austalgotha. We will maintain our position in the commonwealth. King, nay Emperor, Sherwin supports us and also wishes us to continue our cooperation with this union. Though the structure of the Vestrugat's government will be changing, Sherwin has assured me that our right to operate independently, in so long as we do not act against the Federation, will be upheld.

Das Locan stood before the assembly as the Deputy Secretary–General, wearing a garb made of a pink dress shirt, corduroys and loafers. His heart pounded, as his new responsibilities still struggled to settle in his mind. Before, he considered himself a pinion of clockwork. Now, he was the engineer, and while he was proud, he also felt a tinge of stress already arise. I'll do the best I can, he said to himself prior to accepting the role. For Demescia. For the Commonwealth.

"As the Deputy Secretary–General I would like to call a meeting regarding a flag suggestion from the Iraelians, who have took it upon themselves to give our original flag a traditional yet modern flair, so as to reflect a new era of this decades' old alliance. Iraelians: you have the floor."

Imber Barak spoke, regarding a project the Iraelian delegation had been working on.

"Members of the Commonwealth assembly. What I am about to do I do not do lightly. Yet I do it after an extensive process with my team. I would like to formally propose a new emblem and flag for the Commonwealth. Our symbols have served us well, but they have begun to show their age. Our delegation's design centres on a bold and clean depiction of the Syrixian lion, an update of our current emblem."

B3OjmOj.png

thGAteN.png

Roshni paused for a moment.

"I like it." she finally said. "Especially after the Empire's bimillennium and this Commonwealth's 65th anniversary; it's a good time. I think these new symbols will bring us into the modern age and show that time has not weathered or weakened us, but rather strengthened us."

Helena rises to speak: “I find the emblems very good looking, yet are they flag worthy? They are very modern and sleek, don’t get me wrong, but I’m not sure I see the flag in the same light as you. On the other hand this is the modern world, and such a flag couldn’t do us any harm. So I’ll need to ponder this a little more”

Edrik Vants muttered to his aids. "And of course, we'll have to pay to update all our flags and stationary. Aela knows they won't cough up a dime." His aids just smiled knowingly at him, in full agreement with his assessment.

Vants leaned back in his chair and then addressed Barak, speaking calmly. "The new designs are sufficient. It doesn't look like there's any objections. I motion for a vote on their adoption so we can move this along."

Nation: Syrixian Empire
Amend the Flag and Seal to Those Proposed by Iraelia: <AYE>

Nation: State of Iraelia

Nation: Zhen Empire

Nation: Jewel of Guslantis

Back