Currency Thread

Xentherida

TNPer
-
-
Seeing as my cities thread went reasonably well, I decided to start up a currency thread. Submit yours, and I will convert it against every listed currency.

Drawing tables is hard. Updating a second spreadsheet is harder. So instead, I have a copy of the master file here, which will be updated when I update. Simple and easy. Plus you can see what beautiful equations I use, and the numbers down to the 20th decimal point (if you want to die, take a shot for every 0 you see).

Currency spreadsheet here!

APPLICATION FOR SUBMITTING A CURRENCY:

CURRENCY NAME
NATION THAT USES THE CURRENCY
1 NSD = YOUR CURRENCY TO 1 NSD
1 CURRENCY = NSD TO 1 OF YOUR CURRENCY
Replace the words in capitals with the required information.

Woof
Xentherida
1 NSD = 1.92 WOOF
1 WOOF = 0.52 NSD

I will not accept any applications that do not follow the format. Please do not use symbols; only the currency name is needed.

TO COME UP WITH A TWO-WAY CONVERSION RATE:

STEP 1: Come up with how much your currency is worth in Nationstates Dollars (NSD). This is your currency to NSD ratio.

STEP 2: Do the following calculation: 1 / currency to NSD ratio. ( / means divide.)

STEP 3: Round the number to 2 decimal places.

STEP 4: Remember those numbers and post them onto the thread.

Trinnish Trinsk
The Triple Federation of Trinster
1 Trinsk= 0.75 NSD
1 NSD = 1.33 Trinsk
?
(shorthand name is TFT)

Added.

EDIT: I'm having trouble adding symbols. So I'm editing the layout into a more readable table style. And no more symbols are needed.

CURRENCY NAME: Republic of Jacksonville Dollar
NATION THAT USES THE CURRENCY: Jacksonville City
YOUR CURRENCY CONVERTED TO NSD: 1 Jacksonville Dollar equals 2.35 NSD
NSD CONVERTED INTO YOUR CURRENCY: 1 NSD equals 2.05 Republic of Jacksonville Dollars

Rose Florin (Florin)

The Rose League (Federation of Kalti / Commonwealth Country of Andalucia)

1 NSD = ƒ0.50

ƒ1.00 = 2.00 NSD

ƒ = Rose Florin

I'm behind on editing the OP, but I can guarantee that I've added The Rose League and all the others to the spreadsheet.

Jacksonville. Please, please, PLEASE, follow the example application. And the OP specifically states, "Replace the words in capitals with the required information."

Next, your conversion rates DO NOT ADD UP. Please use the sum supplied to calculate the two-way conversion rate.

So for until it's ALL fixed, I'm denying.

Added Esplandia.

psst. I'll add them to the OP in a minute. When I say added right now, I mean to the holy spreadsheet.

EDIT: Making a table is hard. So now it's on a spreadsheet that you can view.

(Based on Factbook, set slightly ahead in time)

Cronaal Orlens
Cronaal
£1 CRO/COR = $1.13 NSD
$1 NSD = £0.89 CRO/COR

Yrkidding:
How might one convert their currency to NSD?
NSD is generally the agreed upon imaginary international dollar for the sake of conversion. It is generally understood to be roughly equal to a USD.

Converting your currency largely depends on how you want the economy of your nation to be structured. Generally currency rates are largely dependent on the amount of currency in your system in relation to the size of your economy. If you print money faster then economic growth (Like Japan) then you want your currency to be worth less then 1 NSD, while if the opposite is true you want it a bit over 1 NSD. While if you take a moderate approach then you want ir roughly equal.

Imperial Rupee
Syrixian Empire
2.17 NSD = ?1 Rupee
1 NSD = ?0.46 Rupees
?

I'm very curious as to how people are arriving at these conversion rates. NSD is generally taken to be analogous to US dollars and in reality the only currencies that are worth above even the $1.50 mark are all oil-rich Gulf States. I think people definitely should be trying to take that into account.

I'll post my own currencies soon.

Sierran Dollar - SDD ( It was called the "Sierran and Dalmatian federal Dollar" a long time ago, so that's what it is derived from. :) )
Sierra
NSD: 1
SDD: 1

Added:
Jacksonville, Cronaal, Quillinoia, Syrixia, Sierra, Sunto.

DENIED: Lord Emmanuel

REASON: Currency conversions do not add up. At all. I'm assuming it's a typo, but I still have no idea which is which.

The spreadsheet will be updated soon, in accordance with these additions.

St George:
I'm very curious as to how people are arriving at these conversion rates. NSD is generally taken to be analogous to US dollars and in reality the only currencies that are worth above even the $1.50 mark are all oil-rich Gulf States. I think people definitely should be trying to take that into account.
Good to know. In such a case, I'd like to update my currency.

Drac
Darcania
1 Drac = 1.19 NSD
1 NSD = 0.84 Drac

@St. George: My currency exchange rate is based off of the British Pound to US Dollar exchange rate as it stood a few years back when it was as high as 2 USD to 1 GBP. Nowadays, the exchange rate has come down quite a bit but I'm basing mine off old rates (think pre 2008 economic crash exchange numbers). That and it makes it very easy for me to figure out economic numbers from US Dollar / NationStates Dollar to Rose Florin, my made up currency, while not being at a flat 1 to 1 exchange ratio.

Added Lorbank.

Spreadsheet in OP is now updated. "VALUE" is a placeholder while I wait for a proper conversion from Lord Emmanuel. Until then, any conversion involving the Spence will not be shown.

Toliman Acuñar (TAC)
Tolima
1 NSD = 1.85 TAC
1 TAC = 0.54

Added. Spreadsheet updated.

Multiple errors were found in this update, and I am proud to say that they have been quashed! Also, for convenience's sake, I've added a currency to currency (i.e. woof to woof). While it seems obvious that 1 currency obviously equals the same amount, I only did this because I am lazy, and it makes it easier in terms of excel coding.

VHS (V)
Sadakoyama
1 NSD = 2.4 V
1 V = .42 NSD

Our currency is referred to as a "tape" or "tapes". No Sadakhan will say "that costs fifty vee aich ess," they will say "fifty tapes"... or else they will just barter. That's very common because of our high tax rates.

Back