Local News Topic

c6VZDMn.png

OPINION
Lèse-majesté is incompatible with constitutional monarchy

Xiuying Ren
2020-16-12 10:10:09

t1qCuwq.png

Fuck the Emperor of Mintoria!

Yes, I just committed lèse-majesté. Should I be arrested for it?

Technically, I committed lèse-majesté in Mintoria. But I'm not in Mintoria right now. I'm in Zhen. If Mintorian authorities are interested, I'm a constitutional law professor at Natan III University Faculty of Law in Sihuan, capital of the State of Zhenmen. My hometown is Gaoling, Qingrendong Province. Matt Ocho could go suck a lemon for all I care or punish people in his fun dungeon. Mintoria seems to take pride in punishing people in various ways, I wouldn't be surprised if it is a source of national pride.

Before I throw myself off my own train of thought, I don't really care about the affairs of that Aleman nation. This is not about Mintoria. This is about the idea of making it illegal for anyone to criticize their leaders. Unfortunately, there are still countries with these laws enacted and very active. This includes countries like Astragon and the Aydin Empire, which came as no surprise in my recollection. It's the fact that it exists in countries like Lanorth, Plembobria, and Prydania. All constitutional monarchies. This case is the same in Zhenmen.

We pride ourselves as a parliamentary democracy with a free and open society, in direct contradiction to many aspects telling otherwise. At present, the Constitution of Zhen, described as "democratic, fair, and just," is just a fanciful description. The truth is it features a hereditary monarchical institution which bars women from becoming reigning empress, bans on parties associated with a certain set of political beliefs, and a law protecting the monarch from any and all forms of criticism because they are "inviolable."

This provision has been defined by Article 113 in the Penal Code. It is illegal to "defame, insult, and threaten the monarch, the regent, and members of the Imperial Family." Violators may face punishment from 30 days to 4 years of imprisonment, with fines not exceeding ₭5000 (150 IBU).

Yes. This is a criminal offense today. In a world where we drive motorized vehicles, travel on paved roads, and look up information in a world-wide network of cables called "The Internet." The fact that a feudal law still holds relevance in a modern, democratic system of governance puts into question the existence of some monarchies in the world. Particularly, constitutional monarchies protected by the law. Recalling the article I wrote about how Richard VI still haunts constitutional monarchies, I honestly thought I had put to rest much of my fears about the future of monarchy and accepted some institutions will eventually come around, if I sow a little seed of awareness in the great expanse of information online.

Turns out, the problem is bigger than I thought. This is not just about constitutional monarchies throwing their influence around in an attempt to control government. This is about the last leap forward to save monarchy. It's a do or die moment. Much of the free world moved on from the idea of a sacred monarchy. Their words are not sacramental. They are inspirational. Their likeness is not religious. They are symbolic. Their voice is not too pure for people far down in society. Everyone can hear them.

Likewise, because everyone can hear them, they should feel free to talk back. Be entitled to insult monarchs. Fuck Princess Regent Shi, fuck Emperor Rajesh of Syrixia, fuck Kaidshah Sabhrain of Astragon. Their likeness are just symbols. People should not fear eternal damnation when drawing dicks on their portraits. Their words are mere sources of inspiration. If it doesn't inspire, then don't bother listening. In fact, send them a box of coupons to make fun of their state-funded lives. That's everyone's right. That's how it should be in a constitutional monarchy. That's what it was like in the former Zhenmen Special Administrative Region before the revolution.

Meng cornered both mainlanders and Zhenmen in Chaoyang, Qingrengdong and the Zhenmen Islands. Now, we must respect mainlander laws by giving up our SAR status? That isn't right. And our elected delegates in the interim parliament knew this. Yet they voted for the dissolution of Zhenmen SAR to establish this ugly compromise between the mainland and SAR governments, at the suicide of the latter. With the loss of SAR status, we also lost the assurance of liberty and political freedom. It is now violated by the so-called "Wartime Constitution'' and our only hope of a restoration of suspended rights depends on the slim chance of unification under the legitimate government. This slim chance is now zero thanks to the conditional cease-fire put in place, allowing Zhenmen and the United States of South Iteria to co-exist and interact economically, among other outrageous cooperative activities, in the false name of peace.

While the government plays pretend harmony and do charades in vain diplomatic futility, we have to deal with inviolable persons who weren't even elected to qualify for leadership in the first place. What is "inviolable" about them, anyway?

In Saintonge, a world-famous constitutional monarchy and origin of the term lèse-majesté, have long abolished this law in the Saintonian Revolution and was banned by the 1792 Declaration of Rights. Like Zhenmen, there is no grounded reality in the conception of such a law. As Saintonge most likely determined for them to easily abolish it, it was only ever a form of excessive narcissism in the monarchy.

For Zhen, it was more extreme. The Emperor was venerated in "Tianxia," the imperial cult, as its head priest. It was said they were the only living person in direct contact with heaven. They had the only right, the divine right. It was Zheng, the first Zhen emperor, who established the title "Tianzi" or "Son of Heaven." As a result of divine right, imbued with heaven's divinity, the Emperor is sacred and inviolable. "The Emperor" we supposedly have is currently committing atrocities in Zhujing. Technically, since he massacred the Imperial Family and violently overthrew the national government, facing charges of treason, it can legally be said there is no emperor at the moment. This, among multiple charges along the lines of crimes against humanity, it is beyond a reasonable doubt. Meng is too guilty to be in any position of state leadership. Too irredeemable to be recognized as a living human being.

Without Meng, or an emperor, and the Imperial Family, leaves only one person: The Regent.

It is admirable for Princess Shi to go around visiting hospitals and schools, cutting ribbons. She has much to learn and we have to learn about her as well. But it is difficult to look at the monarchy as a harmless institution, intertwined in our nation's history, when its own history is filled with an endless list of abuses. Meng made sure it was written in their family's blood. It remains to be seen whether she will hide behind lèse-majesté or will the government never seek any prosecution on lèse-majesté crimes. So far, since the revolution, nobody has been arrested or sentenced for this.

Government would argue lèse-majesté is a matter of "national security" or, if they are pettier, "national pride." The truth here is hidden in plain sight. Lèse-majesté in Santonian is "to do wrong to majesty." The only person who stands to gain anything in this law is the monarch. It was originally created to only serve their interests. There are no valid reasons for democracies with ceremonial monarchies to preserve lèse-majesté. No rational legitimacy in an equitable, modern society. To say it is a political crime will lead to disastrous, paradoxical consequences. If state control is involved in the censorship of speech beyond the norm already in their control, it might extend to other forms of speech and create a dangerous tendency to expand censorship.

Furthermore, lèse-majesté is self-defeatist. Why does the monarchy need laws to protect them from written and verbal injuries? Both are just words spoken in ink or spit, totally harmless. The monarchy, embodying an ideal as an institution, and then the government prosecutes people insulting the monarchy, the institution fails to be an ideal. Instead, it becomes a person. Only a tangible person has feelings and would assert them when challenged. An intangible concept of an institution depends on something greater than natural partiality brought by human emotion. In a constitutional monarchy, as I've written in another article about this subject, their greatest strength is their role as a symbol. Wrapped in both fairytale and history, they are paramount guardians of national heritage. Because of this, they can never be persons. To become an ideal, they must sacrifice their individuality. This should be their service.

What is the rationale behind "lèse-majesté" in Zhen? If my senile memory serves me right, survivors of the pre-revolution political establishment Meng massacred were appointed in the interim parliament. They used their sway to save remnants of the status quo, including lèse-majesté without much explanation, given the hasty expediency to pass these laws. Whatever they were trying to protect, the Zhen people weren't in their agenda. Though lacking any explanation from themselves, it can be easily said it was all cosmetic. A matter of tradition in their deficient sense of priority.

The interpretation of the inviolable person of the monarch has been disgustingly extended to include imperial household staff, other courtiers, and many more individuals by association with the monarch. In 2004, my friend Xiang Lai was supposedly arrested for an unflattering social media post about Emperor Taiping's military aide, Chieh Chang. But when his family visited the police station where he was held, on-duty officers claimed they never arrested Lai. It's been 17 years and he is still missing. He is only one of 166 government critics arrested and disappeared since 1980. Some suggest the numbers even go higher, around at least 10,000 people, since 1932.

But then the Vermillion Revolution happened in 2010. The new constitution was just proclaimed. It was in the middle of a civil war momentarily put on hold by a cease-fire agreement. Despite the inconclusive war where thousands died and millions more displaced in the chaos, the citizens and new residents of the Zhenmen SAR had high expectations of a new beginning. Lessons were learned, and they were learned through blood and tears. It was time to use this wisdom to move forward for a better tomorrow.

This was what I thought too. Like them, after reading the text of the final draft, we all let hell loose on those bastards we elected in the interim parliament. I personally joined the protests for the entire six months. They kept pre-revolution laws banning select parties, limiting imperial succession to males, and lèse-majesté—All absurd. None of these laws ever existed in Zhenmen. Nobody, not even the radicals when it was still a special administrative region, would dare propose laws to criminalize insults against anyone. And the freedoms we enjoyed were thanks to the Goyaneans—supposed colonizing abusers. Ironically, the way of life they imposed on Zhenmen turned out to be a thousand times better than life ever was in the mainland.

Last edited:
c6VZDMn.png

LOCAL / NEWS
Shen announces bill to legalize same-sex marriage

Andreas Peng
2020-17-12 00:33:16

7jbonnb.png

Shen in 2016 VHB Conference supports gay marriage in party platform
PHOTO: ZRK News

SIHUAN - A day ago in the National Assembly, Yong Shen finally announced a bill for the legal recognition of same-sex marriage. This is affirming the VHB party's pro-gay marriage platform the party voted almost five years ago in the eve of the 2016 General Elections.

The nation has been warming up to LGBT relations for over a decade after VHB passed legislation such as the 2014 Gender Equity Education Act, protecting students from gender and sexual orientation discrimination; and the 2017 Employment Service Act which was amended to include banning discrimination on sexual orientation in the workplace.

With a premier who personally led the pro-gay marriage platform campaign in the party, LGBT VHB members and activists are confident LGBT rights will finally be achieved by the end of Shen's term.

The Pink Alliance has been organizing many of the demonstrations supporting LGBT rights this year. After Shen made his announcement, Pink Alliance vice president Aubrey Tang commented, "It's important that citizens have a final say in their relationships. The right to be a spouse, to have children, and to be a part of a family should be a universal human right. It is love, the most powerful thing in the world."

However, despite the president's outright liberal attitude, many are skeptical about a same-sex marriage law. ZNSP and ZNBP, supported by the older generation and conservative Courantists, are the main political groups against same-sex marriages.

Yesterday morning, ZKKPB spokesperson Fr. Daniu Kim announced the Courantist Church's official position. He said, "Although the Via has made up its mind on the matter, it should be clear individual churches have the only right to grant sacraments of marriage. This was the understanding between the Goyanean government and the [Courantist] Church. This is still the understanding between the [Zhenmen] government and the Church. Now, we expect them to know this is indisputable. Here [in Zhen], a homosexual union is not and can never be a marriage as properly understood and so-called."

Currently, according to the 2017 Civil Matters Involving Foreign Elements Act, citizens with foreign same-sex spouses married in a country where it is legal are recognized.

Disagreements between VHB with his own party and the opposition parties, particularly ZNSP and ZNBP, have made it difficult for Shen to propose the bill. 4 attempts to fill the bill through parliamentary committees failed due to his failure to reform labor laws over the last three years. Although public opinion on same-sex marriage has risen to 75% in a 2020 poll by the Constitutional Reform Alliance, VHB old guard made internal campaigns to return party lines backing anti-gay marriage and support the status quo.

Since 1997, only same-sex civil unions in Zhenmen SAR were recognized after the Goyanean supreme court re-interpreted the law in a landmark 1997 court case. But it is up to churches and other religions to recognize same-sex marriage. This was upheld by the Enforcement Act after Goyanes returned Zhenmen in 1999 and, up until 2012 when it was extended to include the rest of South Zhen, homosexuality in the mainland was illegal. Decriminalization began after the Zhen Sovereignty Declaration, which included the Principles for Peace, Prosperity and Reunification. It promised both Zhenmen and the USSI will commit key legislation for the liberalization of Zhen society, among them are LGBT rights. The USSI enshrined LGBT rights and gay marriage in its constitution immediately after the declaration was signed.

Last edited:
PsMpXVT.png

The Heilagurkonungur Once More? Or for the First Time?

by Pálmfríður Brodd

Býkonsviði- The term "Heilagurkonungur" gives politically astute Prydanian and Prydanian historians alike fits. It's a fundamentally contentious term that will likely never escape the shadow of the man who wielded it like a weapon, the late King Anders III. It is important, however, to examine the history of the term before we talk about the muck Anders dragged it through before examining why it's being bandied about once more.

The Development of the Holy Crown
The term "Heilagurkonungur" means "Holy King" in Prydanian Makari. This is not the same as the Syrixian concept of a divine emperor- rather it's an idea of a reigning monarch embodying the holy aspects of their office to their fullest, a sort of pious protector, or paladin monarch. Some will point to the current King's namesake, King Tobias I, as the start of the concept in Prydania. The King so pious he was made a saint. We can push it back further though. King Tobias I's father, King Vortgyn I, was not just the first King of this country in a unified sense he was also a saint. While Vortgyn I is more well known as a warrior King, he is also recognized in most Messianic denominations as the Saint of Slaying Werewolves. Can we go further back though? Yes. Perhaps it's the first of the three Loðbrók Saints; Lord Kaldor Loðbrók, Grand Thane of Stormurholmr and pretender King of Heorot. It was his conversion to Messianism, after all, that led to the conversion of most of our ancestors. The image of St. Kaldor awestruck before the stag with the holy cross between its antlers is well known to most Prydanians.

The stag though...that gives away the real secret. The Royal family's emblem- the stag- comes from the Thaunic god Jägdar. Jägdar's role in the Thaunic faith is that of the hunting god, and is often symbolized by the stag. Our ancestors, the people of the Andrennian Kingdom of Heorot, venerated Jägdar. And the Loðbróki clan- which our Royal family emerged from- were chief among Jägdar's followers. The Thaunics today even refer to His Majesty as "Champion of Jägdar," along with an assortment of other Thaunic titles. And that is the root of the Heilagurkonungur concept; the clan chiefs, the governors, the petty kings, the Grand Thanes, and finally the Kings of Prydania; they've all claimed a sort of divine inspiration, be it from Jägdar or the Messiah. Regardless of if they knew or not, or even cared or not.

The idea of the "Heilagurkonungur" grew as religious toleration took its shape in this country. King Vortgyn II settled the issues between Thaunics and Messianists his saintly father had stirred up granting Thaunics religious freedom if their clergy in Prydanian swore loyalty to his throne. They did. From that point onward the Prydanian monarch was equal parts Champion of Jägdar and Defender of the [Messianic] Faith in this country. The advent of the Laurentist Reformation did little to change this.

The concept fell out of use when King Erik VI bent the knee to UKAG, rendering the Prydanian monarchs vassals to the King-Emperor in Gothis. The re-emergence of Prydanian nationalism in 1819 following the twin events of King Rikard III's successful defence of Prydania during the Wars of the Callisean Republic and the dissolution of UKAG was new in that it was a strictly Enlightenment based "secular" nationalism, where religion was often shunted off to the side. Not out of sight, but hardly at the centre of the Crown's identity. Prydanian monarchs from Richard III-Robert VII were content to let the Thaunics and the state church operate on their own. Enter Anders III.

Anders III and a New Type of Fascism
Our first fascist King, Richard VI, had little to no time for the Church. Or the Thaunics. The Social Commonwealth movement that supported his dictatorship would play with Messianic or Thaunic themes for propaganda purposes, but Richard VI himself didn't seem to have much time for faith. He was a mid 20th century fascist in every sense, meaning he was a bit of a revolutionary. A nationalistic one, to be sure, but still someone who saw the rising nationalism of his time as a means to supplant old ways with a new modern outlook of national greatness. The church, the Thanunics...all of that was too stogy for Richard VI.

His grandson Anders III, however, was not so dismissive. The second Social Commonwealth dictatorship of 1984-2002 was not a retread of Richard VI's government. It was a refined sort of fascism. Stefan Toft understood the need to learn why the first dictatorship fell, and to avoid repeating those mistakes. It was a fascism that had a veneer of respectability to anyone who didn't look hard enough. And it was decidedly more traditional. Fascist thought had time to stew between the end of the Fascist War in 1951 and the emergence of Anders III's regime in 1984. It refined itself in the shadows. Casting out revolutionary concepts, and codifying itself around authoritarian nationalism that leaned heavily into the traditional.

Anders embraced the concept of the Heilagurkonungur, which had last been truly invoked in the 1600s. Anders dressed his public image in the vestments of the idea, portraying himself as the defender of Prydanian civilization, a holy king guided by ancestors and angels alike to defend hearth, home, and kin.

The Unexpected Rebirth of the Heilagurkonungur
Of all the things the Syndicalist coup of 2002 smashed, the thing the victorious FRE was least interested in putting back together was the concept of the Heilagurkonungur. Then-Prince Tobias Loðbrók took great pains to repudiate Anders' legacy.
The new King has, so far, lived up to that. The mass pardon granted to Syndicalist Outer Party members and Syndicalist Republic Armed Forces personnel below the rank of Captain was something Anders never would have considered. His Majesty's call for calm, and insistence on giving the Messianist League rebels earlier this year a chance to stand down resulted in a largely peaceful resolution to that uprising. King Tobias III has even seemingly made it a point to make amends with the victims of Anders' reign. Even if their path was touched by Syndicalism.
The avoidance of the Heilagurkonungur concept goes along with this. Neither His Majesty, Absalonhöll, or the government have invoked the imagery associated with it.

So why are we discussing it?

That's because other people are invoking the Heilagurkonungur concept. Not political parties, just people. The roots of this come from the Civil War. The Syndicalist regime's militant atheism lead to the FRE being seen as an agent for religious liberty. And His Majesty- then just a rebel prince- was a huge part of the FRE's public face. To underestimate the role then-Prince Tobias had in galvanizing support for the anti-Syndicalist movement is to vastly misunderstand the Prydanian Civil War and the FRE in particular.
The Syndicalists, of course, did not discriminate when it came to persecuting religious faith. This meant that Laurentists, Courantists, Thaunics, Shaddaists...they all found some sort of salvation in the FRE- and Prince Tobias'- message.

This is how the modern concept of the Heilagurkonungur is being born- not as a defender of the ancient religions, but as a guardian of faithful, whatever they happen to believe in. We see this in events like last year, when His Majesty addressed the country's largest Shaddaist congregation on Yirhet'kel, in the midst of the Christmas season. We see this when His Majesty gives a speech to commemorate the Advent Executions, both the six Courantist martyrs and the Laurenist and Shaddaist clergymen whose deaths immediately proceeded it. We see this when His Majesty engages in the Summer Solstice festival not as a political stunt like his uncle did, but as a celebration to bring Prydanians of all faiths together.

The War. The reconciliation and the healing afterwards. To be clear; I'm not accusing His Majesty of trying to be a Heilagurkonungur. What I am saying is that by simply being a voice against the injustices visited upon the faithful His Majesty is being viewed as a protector of faith, a Defender of the Faith if you will.
Anders desperately wanted the trappings of the Heilagurkonungur. He reached down and tried to take it. His nephew does not aspire to be a Heilagurkonungur. That title is foisted upwards onto him. Perhaps the fact that he does not seek the title has made it all the more appropriate that it should be applied to him.

Absalonhöll did not respond to a request to comment on this story.

Last edited:
Royal Zäiten:

New Document Declassification Reveals More About Xel’s Achilles Heel

In a recent document declassification from the Palais, the truth of one of his Majesty Xel’s Dens long-time disabilities has come to light. We all know that he uses his cane whenever he walks long distances that aren’t just around the Palais. He needs it because of a Haglund's deformity in his left ankle that he had surgery on when he was 10. What we just now learned is that the surgery messed up his Achilles’ tendon in there, and they didn’t know about it until he tore it while playing sports 6 years later. By then they couldn’t really do anything about it, so he’s needed to use a cane ever since. It is very commendable that his Majesty is willing and able to be transparent about even personal subjects like this.

OOC Note: Sorry it is so short. Each time I tried to make it longer, all I ended up doing was just saying how great King Xel is for 2+ paragraphs.
image0.jpg

The fact that it is a sword cane is classified information.

Bomb Rocks City Center

Earlier this morning, yet another attack has rendered Kiroyev immobile. At approximately 9AM, a delivery truck laden with explosives detonated just outside of Hremansk Plaza, mere blocks from the residence of Premier Ygor Szubrov, and the gathering place of Yamanta Parliament. The attack is reminiscent of those against the Ministry of Internal Affairs, perpetrated by still at large terrorist leader "Soszeta" who's true identity still remains unknown, even after months of reports alluding to his capture. This latest attack on the people of Kiroyev follows the devastating massacre at the Tzar Street Shopping Center just weeks ago, and with a similar casualty count. Once again, the organization known as the Black Star, an extremist Svrtanist group, has taken responsibility, and vows to bring more bloodshed to our great nation.

With the ongoing conflict against the Epiphani Legions to the south, it now seems that war has come from two fronts now.

Z8kYmXV.png

STATE CURATOR RESIGNS; SECRETARY OF STATE ELEVATED AS TEMPORARY REPLACEMENT
by Prakash Patel in Pataliputra
December 23, 2001

amit-shah-in-hubballi_6f72adde-3b65-11ea-bfbd-f812f33ac46f.jpg

The now-former State Curator exiting Chota Unnees.

Earlier today, the R. Hon. Diwan Sahab Ji suddenly and unexpectedly resigned from his position as State Curator. This move was quickly met with a myriad of questions from members of both the Government and the Opposition, as soon after the State Curator's resignation many members of the Diet began alleging that the resignation was, in fact, a dismissal. Though the Jade Palace did not respond when asked for comment, the State Curator made a public statement outside Chota Unnees. "During my tenure," the State Curator said, "I have done everything I can to continue my predecessor's lofty work of ensuring strong Imperial leadership in the modern world, in areas from foreign trade to global technology. However, despite the immense progress we have made in this regard over the years, in recent times for a variety of reasons that trend has slowed."

"I believe it was right to persevere, even when the situation seemed precarious."
the State Curator continued. "But, it is now clear to me that it is in the best interests of the state for a new curator to lead that effort. So I am today announcing that I will resign as party supremo of the People's Freedom Party effective immediately so that a successor can be chosen. The process for electing a new supremo will begin in the coming week. I have kept His Majesty the Emperor fully informed of my intentions, and they have His Majesty's blessing." After these brief remarks, an adjutant Government aide took to the pedestal and made the second bombshell announcement of the afternoon; that Secretary of State Rahul Khanna would be assuming the role of Acting Curator. A few hours later, it was in turn announced that Secretary Khanna will in turn be appointing Permanent Representative of the Empire to the Luscova Pact Chirag Thakur as his successor in the office of the Secretary of State.

It is as of yet unknown who will replace Thakur as Permanent Representative of the Empire to the Luscova Pact, but in his capacity as Secretary of State he is expected to name said replacement relatively soon. Meanwhile, it is equally unknown how this sudden decision came about. There are many possible explanations, ranging from the State Curator's harsh drop in approval ratings following the Iraelian constitutional referendum to the State Curator's rivals within his own party seeking to distance the party from the Hightonian scandal. Additionally, it could be a combination of these factors as well as others that contributed to the State Curator's resignation. As previously mentioned, however, there is a more grim possibility: that the State Curator was dismissed. If this is true, regardless of what its justification was, a historic precedent will have been set, as a State Curator has only been previously dismissed once, during the State of Emergency.

The upcoming SJP snap leadership election is not expected to be contentious, with Acting State Curator Khanna sitting as the clear favorite to be confirmed to the party leadership and, consequently, to be dubbed Rahul Sahab. With the 2021 general election fast approaching, only time will tell how he will guide HM Government during the final portion of the term.

IBC will continue to post updates on this story as it evolves.

Translation by Vijay Dongre
December 23, 2001

Share This Story!

Last edited:
The Peoples' Telegraph - the voice of Socialism in Osynstry

Llywellia, the New Year, and the Northern elections approach swiftly

WORLD NEWS | Cymbria
- 15:36, 24 Swyntury 1094, Arthur Wesburn

The Osynstric people have seen much change this year - and knew it was coming - but the type of change was... unexpected. Had you asked anyone in Aeaftury, or January if you live outside of our nation, whether Jeremy Wilson would remain Prime Minister at the end of the year, most would have simply said "No."

And yet, here we are. An alliance with the continent, a spat with the ISAO and half of an eventful election campaign over, we still wait for the locally elected mayors, as well as the Northern elections - however the latter seems concluded with the victory of Wetherby. As I had said this time last month, should the left win Cymbria, the North is guaranteed.

This year also heralded immense change in terms of our institutions. The Human Rights Act was expanded to include the rights to utilities and water, for the first time in history, more people identified as irreligious than religious, and the Osynstric administration has finally opened its arms to the world, after much awaiting from its predecessors - many of whom are watching from the grave.

As we prepare to ring in the new year, and Messianists worldwide - some of whom in our own borders, albeit not exactly a great proportion - celebrate their annual festival, we have many questions for ourselves to have answered by next Swyntury, in 1095 (or 2021, should you wish to use the universal years).

Will the North defy expectations and back the right or centre?
Will Wilson's administration find 2021 as easy as 2020 in terms of their luck?
Will any major economic woes take place, either on the scale of 2019's housing crisis, or the 2013 financial meltdown?

Only time can tell us that. Or us in the future. Either way, we have a lot of waiting. Remember, you can also make your difference by voting in your respective local election, and thus make history.

RAP

Government Proposes Anti Abortion Bill calling it "An effort to defend human rights"

By: Alessandro Emmanuele di Giugini

NUOVA ANTOFAGOSTA -- With the Parliament returning from Recess yesterday, it seems that the Government wants to immediately get back into the swing of things. Today the Minister of Health and Labour, Giorgio Barbageleta proposed amendments to the Act for Human Foetus Protection and Conditions for Pregnancy Termination of 2004.

The Act Currently

The Act currently allows for the termination of pregnancy under four conditions:
1.) The life or health of the mother is under direct threat
2.) There is an irreversible birth defect
3.) There is evidence of an incurable illness
4.) There is Reasonable suspicion that the pregnancy was conceived under illegal circumstances (rape, incest).

As it stands, around 90% of the approximately 2,000 legal abortions performed per year in Predice occur under points two and three.

The Proposed Amendment

The Proposed Amendment would remove points two and three from the four conditions of legal pregnancy termination, making Predice's abortion laws, already strict, some of the strictest in the world.

The Minister of Health and Labour, during a speech said: "This bill guarantees the human rights of every human being, chief among them being the right to life."

Potential Ramifications

According to the think tank La Nostra Bandiera, the bill would doubtless lead to so called "abortion tourism", most likely to Saintonge, which has laws similar to current Predicean abortion laws, but would have less strict laws than Predice, should this law pass. A rise in illegal abortions was also noted as a possible ramification, with more mothers likely dying in these underground abortions. The potential rise of incurable genetic illnesses, and birth defects was also noted in the think tank's report. In all, the traditionally Centre-Right think tank came out in opposition to the bill. The Report's conclusion read: "This bill has the potential to do irreparable damage to women's rights in Predice."

Outrage

The announcement was met with outrage from women's groups and the opposition in Parliament, with a Member of Parliament for Enough! calling the bill "a disgrace". It appears that the bill has even led to cracks in the Governing Coalition, with several members for Citizens saying outright, that they would vote against the bill. Indeed, even a cabinet member has said, that she would vote against the bill, Minister of Education and Research, Maria Pelagatti. The Leader of Citizens stated that: "On this bill, we were absolutely not consulted."
The outrage has already sparked several large street protests throughout the country.
Though the Government has refused to comment on the issue as of yet, the Doge's Palace released a statement which read in part: "It is not His Serenity's place to comment on events transpiring in the Government."

Last edited:
THE SILOYEV TIMES
HOMEARCANSTOTSKAWORLDBUSINESSENTERTAINMENTSPORTSWEATHERSUBSCRIBE
NEW FUTURISTIC ARMY GOGGLES TO REACH ARCANSTOTSKAN SOLDIERS BY 2022
By Vladislav Zotov | 7/18/2021
US-Army-mixed-reality-headset-to-enter-the-field-in-2021-1.png

An Army sergeant wearing the new IVDS goggles at Fort Kalensk, Kropolym, Arcanstotska on July 8, 2021 (Army)

I know what you're thinking: "this sounds like it's straight out of a science-fiction book." They even look like something you'd see in some sci-fi video game, but believe it or not, these goggles will change the way Arcanstotskan soldiers see the battlefield forever.

After the defeat of the West Vaasan insurgency in late January of this year, the Ministry of Defense has taken the time to look back on the conflict in order to determine where improvements can be made to increase combat effectiveness. With high casualty rates among Army soldiers during the war in the east, it was decided that Arcanstotskan soldiers needed a new edge on the battlefield. That's where IVDS comes in.

The Integrated Visual Display System, or IVDS, is a new set of high-tech goggles under development by the Army which are intended to provide soldiers with real time battlefield information in a digital display format. This will include 3D digital maps of the environment around them provided via satellite and drone imaging, allow them to see in the dark and through smoke and fog via full panoramic view and night-vision and thermal settings, and will even allow soldiers to see around corners via cameras on their weapons which are connected to the goggles. Squad leaders will also have the ability to mark objectives, targets, and enemy combatants using a marker system connected between them and their squad. The goggles are a joint development effort between the Army and Larya Technologies.

"These goggles will change how Arcanstotskan soldiers fight the second republic's next conflicts, whenever those may be," said Larion Georgiy Gavrikov, Larya Technologies' technical fellow for mixed reality, in an interview with The Siloyev Times.

The IVDS goggles utilize the same mixed reality technologies developed for Larya Technologies' HUDLens glasses developed last year prior to the outbreak of the West Vaasa War. As stated previously, they'll be used to give soldiers more information than they've ever had on the battlefield before.

Attached to the helmets of soldiers, the clear goggles allow for the soldiers to know where they are and what's around them thanks to a heads-up display, or HUD, system which presents them with a digital overhead compass and overlays maps of their environment.

Following a recent field testing at Fort Kalensk near Kropolym, individual soldiers have had plenty of positive things to say about the IVDS goggles.

"It's a combination of various things we already use on the battlefield, like GPS, communication equipment, and maps of the area of operation," said Sgt. Kostenka Pashkina, a veteran of the Battle of Yelamki. "But it's not confusing nor frustrating to handle. It's as easy to use as a smartphone."

Another field test is scheduled for later this year in August. There, soldiers wearing the IVDS goggles will be tasked with clearing an enemy trench network at night - one of the more dangerous and challenging tasks soldiers may encounter in war.

Army leaders believe that the improvements which IDVS goggles bring to the field will help improve battlefield awareness and training, and will make the difference between life and death for Army soldiers.

The Army and Larya Technologies continue to work on developing the technology and current plans aim towards getting 30,000 models out to Arcanstotskan soldiers by early 2022.

Last edited:
c6VZDMn.png

OPINION
Restricting freedoms for security is self-defeating

Xiuying Ren
2020-20-12 21:46:09

FrqAcMZ.png

United we're one, divided we're alone.

Do you have children, other family, or friends? If they joined a political party, have you ever asked the name of their party? If not, are you afraid you won't like the answer?

This situation might be observed in Valland. They banned far-right parties and organizations. People might ask questions twice to make sure who is and who isn't.

So is Valland totalitarian? An oppressive state that relies on exerting their authority by stepping on people's rights? Even if it means killing them? If there is any doubt to this, that's because there should be. It shouldn't even be a question in the first place. Their form of government is a presidential constitutional democracy. Valland is a democratic federation. They have the same rights we have in Zhenmen (more so if it was still the Zhenmen SAR). They choose their leaders through open and free elections. They exercise their freedoms to the full promise of liberty. They live in the peace and quiet of a fair and just society.

What about Mintoria? Are they a totalitarian state? Not only did they ban far-right and far-left parties, their monarch still plays an active part in their government and is protected from criticism by lèse-majesté. As much as Mintoria would seem less democratic, it is not a totalitarian state. Although it is inaccurate to say that Mintorians, Vallish, and Zhen people all share the same level of freedoms, it would be more inaccurate to describe Mintoria as an autocracy. It is still a constitutional monarchy with a more political-than-ceremonial head of state. It still has constitutional democracy.

Gotmark bans all political parties. There should be no question that it is a totalitarian and very oppressive country. -Not. It may have banned political parties, but it still regularly hosts elections. What happened was they abolished partisan politics. A democracy without political parties is still a democracy at the end of the day. Though Gotmark it is not a constitutional monarchy. It is an absolute monarchy. Elected Gotish politicians serve solely at the Grand Duke's pleasure. Democracy exists there at his express will.

All of this pales in comparison to the state of political freedoms in Astragon, which is non-existent. The only form of democracy that existed in Astragon was in Rio Verde. Since mid-2020, there are no more elections. There is no such thing as freedom of expression, civil liberties, and individual rights. The caste system, on the basis of background over merit, confines people to their family's class of occupations. The children inherit their parent's jobs and they can't become anything else in life. The only guaranteed freedom in Astragon is exclusive to Sabhrain's pet peacocks in their free roam of her palace. They are proud in suppressing any ideology which threatens their autocratic, socially-stratified way of life. One notable event was during the Syndicalist uprisings of the 1930s. The government did not hold back in admitting they have killed more than 30,000 people in the process. It may have been justified during armed rebellion, but there is no excuse for dragging people into unmarked vans and executing them without due process of law, if the stories are true. It would be no surprise due to the fact that Astragon still suffers from active insurgencies.

Why am I mentioning these countries?

These are the possible parallel realities for Zhen in its foreseeable future. Noting Princess Shi's interventions in the past, there might be a situation where Zhen might expand her constitutional responsibilities for national security. If she decided, in light of the unproductive disagreements recently exhibited by partisan politics, she could ban political parties altogether and suspend the Wartime Constitution. Government would be answerable only to her. The final nail in democracy's coffin would be Shi sponsoring extra-judicial arrests and killings in the name of wartime security. With the growing tensions between the state and the people in their exercise of political freedom, in the midst of a difficult situation perpetuated by the ongoing civil war, it is not difficult to imagine these scenarios.

In fact, there's a possibility our government is about to take the first step by surpassing Vallish political freedom restrictions. On the 17th of this month, opposition and ZNSP leader Xuan Guiqing announced his party's upcoming proposal: "Security Enhancement Bill." He stated in a Twitcher post it contains "decisive measures for crime prevention and anti-terrorism." He neglected to mention in his social media what it actually contains. Its key features, from what I've read so far, are the following:
  • The establishment of an executive board with the abilities to tag any individual and organization as "terrorists" or countries as "terrorist hotspots" within 72 hours following a terrorist act, and to authorize warrantless detention and arrests of suspected terrorists.
  • To imprison people for 12 years if found guilty of "inciting to commit terrorism by means of speeches, proclamations, writings, and the like, with or without taking part in the act of terrorism."
  • Without court permission, to wiretap or to perform other forms of surveillance on suspected terrorists. To this end, military and law enforcement will have the ability to order communication services for access to customer data, such as calls and messages.
  • To detain suspected terrorists for up to 60 days without judicial warrant.
  • To repeal Dual Citizenship Law and revoke the citizenship of any person who is also a citizen of another country, including Goyanes and Ascalon.
  • To ban and deport migrants without citizenship from countries (except in the Iterian League) tagged as terrorist hotspots.
  • To authorize and fund law enforcement to immediately deport illegal migrants without due process.
  • To repeal constitutional provision guaranteeing asylum to foreigners and indefinitely ban refugees (except in the Iterian League).
  • To require individuals to inform employers if they are an ex-convict or if they have records stating they are potentially dangerous in any way.
To empower an executive board to act like an arbitrary judge, jury, and executioner is a dangerous idea. The appointees of this organ are handpicked and directly report to the Premier, without the approval or prompt knowledge of the National Assembly. Its members are not required to be an assemblyman. Furthermore, this anti-terrorism executive board will tag countries, individuals, and organizations, and authorize warrantless arrests and detention, without established protocols and requirements in the bill. The basis of their actions will be solely defined by its members under the personal purview of the Premier. Even if some of our freedoms are not guaranteed because we are technically in a state of war, it does not mean the state should begin legislating more measures to violate liberties and individual rights by forgoing principles of free speech, privacy, non-refoulement, and the right to life—to start a new life.

Criminals should be another concern. War does not directly affect criminality. It has always been there before the war and their lives shouldn't be more difficult because of who they are, especially for non-serious offenders who want to start a new life. The lives of ordinary citizens have already been made difficult by this hopeless war. We should be more accommodating to those who are less-fortunate and to those who are willing to do better in life.

Repealing the Dual Citizenship Law is a rider provision. It has no relation to criminality, terrorism, or "Security Enhancement" whatsoever. The ZNSP has always been known for their aggressive anti-immigration stances and, once again, they have stood out. It is unfair for any citizen, regardless of where they come from, to have their lives taken away from them on the basis of one group's xenophobia or their other country's situation.

The same could be said about political parties. Certain ideologies and the organizations representing them, particularly the people who advocate for them, should not lose their right because another state uses this certain ideology to achieve their nefarious goals. Not only because they should be entitled according to the freedoms promised to us by equality in democratic society, but because the people should be able to decide for themselves whether these ideologies are wrong or not. Not the state. If a small group of dangerous radicals are suppressed from expressing their ideas, they will have the legitimacy to claim they are victims of political oppression. They will cry to the public about how their freedoms are being violated. The public, not knowing what they really are due to restrictions on their activities, might be more likely to sympathize with these dangerous groups. If people are not allowed to evaluate these movements by themselves, it will feed them unnecessary concerns. These concerns turn to questions about government agenda controlling political freedoms, turn to suspicions about a hidden agenda by the government, then the suspicions become full-fledged conspiracies. Eventually, these conspiracy theorists would associate themselves with these radical ideologies and organizations.

By banning them, governments are actually giving them what they want: Drama, controversy, and sensationalism. They prosper from the harsh realities of life. The continued activities of armed, rebellious groups in Astragon is proof of that. They can ban parties, elections, and drastically curtail freedoms. But it will not stop people from waking up. Every morning, there will always be at least one Astragonese who will wake up realizing their government is not giving them the opportunities their people need and deserve.

It's also not healthy to ban parties due to its side-effect of demonization and the very dangerous, hateful rhetoric that comes out of it. As a grad-school student in the late 90s, around the time when Goyanes and Zhen negotiated the return of Zhenmen, I was exposed to an environment where my politically-active classmates and professors were subjected or participating in violent exchanges of political slurs. There was no shortage of words like jækel (bastard) suffixed at the name of any hated political group and 香蕉人 (banana people), Zhen people who love Goyanes. Back then, it was a fight between Pro-Unification and Pro-Goyanes. Those who wanted Zhenmen to become part of Zhen again and those who wanted to stay under Goyanean rule, both sides either ended up badly bruised or killed out of the harmful bitterness and excessive divisiveness of hateful rhetoric. Now, the fight is between Pro-LGBT and Anti-LGBT. Pro-Liberty and Pro-Security. Pro-Cessation and Pro-War.

As a parent, I can still remember the days when I used to warn my boys about certain parties with certain political ideologies. All of which were legal. Although the Goyanean government suspended parties during the Fascist War, these freedoms were restored after it ended and I was able to enjoy the privilege of associating myself freely with any political party. I never realized how important it was at the time. I had my biases, and I still do. But I want my children to have the same choices as I did, as was the Goyanean promise in our little corner of democracy in Iteria. This was reaffirmed and insured in the 1999 Handover. Then the Zhen Revolution came.

The Zhen Sovereignty Declaration did not make a permanent peace between Zhenmen and the USSI. It only made war bearable for both sides (at least for politicians and the elite) while we continued shooting at each other. Although others like me ended up on the right side of Zhen, the powers that be elected to abolish several key freedoms because we are still at war. One of those was political freedom. The right to have political beliefs without fear of disenfranchisement. Regardless of ideology, everyone has the right to express their ideas and find others who share the same beliefs, and may organize their ideas as a movement or an organization. Then we have freedom of association. There are other forms of association besides political parties. We should have the free right to voluntarily join collective groups such as NGOs, charities, and even those secret treehouse clubs that suburban kids enjoy. I was a proud member of the "11 o'clock Society"—because midnight is too late!

At present, the Constitution criminalizes far-left parties and organizations. Did it stop the civil war...?

No.

The question now is: How much is the government willing to sacrifice for peace?

Last edited:
unknown.png

Reports of Syrixian representatives flying into Kang sparking buzz about strengthening Kasugan-Syrixian relations​

With reports of back channel talks and Syrixian diplomats visiting the country amidst Kasu bucking the Iterian League line on Century Iteria, speculation is rife on the foreign policy goals and aims of the current government. PM Dinh, a firm member of the Iteroskeptic crowd, has flirted with increasing economic and diplomatic cooperation with the Syrixian Empire in lieu of the Iterian League, but has not taken any serious steps toward such a policy. However, that may change, with him showing greater interest in the Syrixian Empire after the Pataliputran Odinspyl's conclusion.

Opposition Leader Thuan Penh criticized the idea of eschewing closer Iterian ties in favor of closer Syrixian ties, stating that "Kasugans are Iterians, not Syrixians." Penh and the Community Party have been vocal in opposing and criticizing the government's Iterian League policy, most notably in regards to the stance on Century Iteria, remarking that "It's stupid, frankly, to have voted against the proposal, we need to be on board with the rest of the continent."

Pushing back on Penh's remarks, the Foreign Secretary stated that Century Iteria would have "sacrified Kasugan sovereignty for an unachievable and costly goal." As well, she stated that Syrixia had been a good friend to Kasu in the past and that there is great potential in promoting trade with the Empire.

The Foreign Secretary, though, would not respond to any questions in regards to questions on what the Dinh Government plans to do in regards to Syrixia, stating that she is not at liberty to discuss the administration's ongoing efforts. Whether they truly plan to pursue stronger ties with Syrixia is still up for speculation, although it seems increasingly likely.

A man sits in his car in the parking lot of a local shopping centre. His radio finishes a commercial about a chain of restaurants and he turns it up.

"...and good afternoon, Lanceria! Welcome back to RTN Cinq, your best source for 24/7 news radio. Today celebrations are being prepared across the Lanceria as the nation prepares for the coming of the new year. Queen-Empress Amelia is set to make her end of year speech at 7pm in the annual tradition to wrap up the year. She's expected to highlight the peaceful prosperity we've enjoyed in 2020. The New Year's Parade & Bash in Saint-Cyr will also be running with a record number of floats this year starting early this evening at 5pm, breaking for the year end speech being broadcast at 7 and continuing from 7:30 till 9pm. Bourdenne Square is where the bash is being held this year featuring a variety of artists in this year's Top 100 from Les Vallées to Marie Alonette who returns this year after headling the show in 1995. It's expected to be packed with celebrators until well after midnight

Saint-Cyr Police looks to wish everyone a Happy New Year today but also cautioned against making a foolish start to 2021. Officers will be keeping a sharp eye out for those who may be driving under the influence or causing property damage of any sort through the course of the celebrations. The Conservation Society of Massena has also strongly encouraged municipalities and private parties to reconsider using fireworks because of its potentially severe effects on birds and bats in the air tonight.

The car door opens and the man's wife gets in with a bottle of wine.

We here at RTN Cinq wish you all the best in 2021, stick here for live updates through the evening and weather updates for the upcoming we-"

The radio host is interrupted as the man starts the car again. Before he can speak again, the woman switches to a music station and the two drive away.

THE SILOYEV TIMES

DISCOVERY OF AYDINESE JETS IN SEPARATIST WEAPONS CACHE SPARKS NATIONAL OUTRAGE
By Pavel Ziminov | 1/1/2021
2928.jpg

Protestors outside the Aydinese Embassy in Siloyev, December 31 2020
New Year's Eve, usually a time of national celebration with the Great New Year's Feast, has seen a wave of protests across Arcanstotska. A massive anti-Aydinese government protest has gathered outside the Aydinese Embassy in Siloyev, while other protests gather in cities across the nation such as Sirinsk, Liyev, Stavrozniki, Ramelensk, and Kropolym. Aydinese living in Arcanstotska have come under attack by rioters and furious Arcanstotskans, with police forces doing their best to protect them.

Why all the outrage? Well, to answer that question we must turn to the war in West Vaasa between Arcanstotska and the "West Vaasan Free State." On December 29, a platoon of soldiers were sent to inspect the ruins of a warehouse in the countryside. The warehouse, like so many others in the region, was being used by the West Vaasan separatists to store their weapons and ammunition. The warehouse had been destroyed by Norsian air forces and Sergeant First Class Nikolai Kamarov of the 12th Air Assault Infantry Division led his platoon into the building's ruins to confirm damage, gather surviving intelligence, and capture or kill any separatist fighters who had managed to survive.

"We entered the ruined structure and we began assessing the damage and checking for any militants who might have survived," SFC. Kamarov said in an interview with The Siloyev Times, "then a soldier in my platoon got my attention of the radio, saying he had found something and that I needed to see it immediately. It was a blown off piece of the jet with the Aydinese air force's roundel on it. Then we let command know."

Not long after the discovery, President Pevlovich released a statement revealing the news to the public and calling the Aydinese government "either lazy and incompetent or utterly and absolutely hostile to Arcanstotska's stability and safety." Since then, protests have been erupting across the nation. Some call for economic sanctions and demanding economic reparations. Some demand the severing of all economic and diplomatic ties to Aydin. A few even call for military action against the Aydin Empire.

"The Aydinese government has gone far beyond the line!" One protester in Liyev told the press, "They're in league with the West Vaasan terrorists!"

Though, at least according to Aydinese officials, there is more to this story than meets the eye. Even before the terrorist West Vaasan Free State sprung up in rebellion, officials in Antalya claim that military and monetary assets have been disappearing from Aydin. Though the popular interpretation seems to be that the Aydin Empire has been secretly backing the W.V.F.S., some speculate that it may have been some rogue politician or general within their government. Though, if that's true, then it serves to illustrate Aydinese government incompetence; the inability to keep track of their own officials and/or military leaders. Many have already accused this as an attempt by Grand Sultan Osmanek I's government to cover their tracks in the region and avoid consequences for supporting terrorists.

Whether it was the Grand Sultan or some government or military rogue, one thing is certain: this will have a severe impact on Aydin's diplomacy with the wider international community for the foreseeable future.

OOC Notice: @Slon I owe you an unanswered DM question. Sorry!

c6VZDMn.png

BUSINESS
Seytarian democracy is a corporate bordello

Guanting Liang
2021-1-1 16:73:08

wGU2AzK.png

Fake Flag of Seytaria (It might as well be real).

Seytaria is a "global center for science and philosophy." Said they to themselves, said they. Seytaria is "a leading force in health, science, and culture around the world." Said they to themselves, said they. Let them keep telling themselves this. While there will always be a market for anything, no market or wealth will hide the fact that Seytarian democracy is a scam.

Let's have a refresher to remind ourselves of the many things that make "good business."

There's a reason why "service with a smile" became a popular catchphrase for the stereotypical manager. A basis for putting up colorful and pretty signs in every storefront. An almost instinctive drive for salespeople to make friends, shake hands, and even border-line flirt with customers. The reason, like many comprehensive things, is most likely complicated and maybe intangible. But this is not the care for everything. It's actually simple. The kid opening a lemonade stand every summer understands this the most: "People will never go out of business."

The currency will always be the avatar of market economy. They may replace banknotes with digital credit and redesign currency symbols. What it won't ever replace are people. They are what drives businesses forward. They are the very thing that made business possible. After all, they are its creator. The concept of fair exchange in trade has been there since time immemorial. My 5-year-old daughter was generous enough to enlighten me how this works: "Make something good, something sells good." Albeit, in its primitive form, there was no professional discipline or conventional respect to it. Neither was every person expected to honor a fair trade. It took time, civilization, and people.

Now, who runs the world? I'm sorry to disappoint dictators, hands-on monarchs, and semi-divine beings. As much as people seem to like you, they only like you because they're afraid of you, not because they genuinely love you. If they genuinely love you, you wouldn't be hiding behind your fenced palaces and laws prohibiting people from criticizing you—and centuries-old taboo to criticize leaders was never an exception; just an excuse. People could overthrow entire governments if they so desired.

If the clues are still unclear, the answer is: People. It's the same thing that rules most of the world's leading powers, including wannabes like Osynstry. They all have a form of government where people nominate and elect individuals into positions of power. Some of them have developed societies where the idea of the government telling people what to do is frowned upon. I don't know about any of my readers, but I like my government to not make their responsibilities a business. I don't want them to sell me a service if I voted them in. I want them to do their job because I voted for them. Ideally, government service shouldn't be for profit. That's why candidates don't advertise the latest products. They're not supposed to be bought.

"Unitary parliamentary constitutional merchant republic" is how Seytaria describes its form of democracy. What does that mean?

It's the saddest thing next to an amateur's sales pitch. It's every pretentious fruit basket hiding the rotting peach seeds. Apparently, after 1847, 44 years after independence from Mintoria, whatever form of democracy that existed before the modern Seytarian republic was formed, was abandoned in favor of a more strange system of governance. Despite the bad name Mintoria gets, it did have historical movements for democracy. Though developing democracies, Goyanes and Saintonge were already leading powers at the time. They would have made a strong impression on political reform movements worldwide.

Yet, somehow, Seytaria ended up as a geopolitical anomaly. Their political mantra is that government is "where people put their money." Legislative representatives are elected in a rank-based system measuring their quarterly net worth. The richest businesses either buy the politicians or buy the legislative seats themselves. The people who sit in the legislature get to vote the president, and that's the only tangible form of democracy in Seytaria. They somewhat believe this will maintain a vicious cycle of progress to create an economic juggernaut, a force the world has never seen before. This is reflective of Seytaria's edifice materialism. A country where the people spend, spend, spend in the name of innovation. Despite its superficiality, Seytarians sincerely believe they are innovating 24/7 as a result. In truth, all of this is more indicative of nationwide narcissism than any sort of positive progress other countries might praise.

It's a scam. Whoever put this system in place, they duped the people who supported the movement behind it in the beginning. It doesn't take a genius to discover their rights were stolen, right in front of them, except if they're an idiot. Who, in their right mind, agrees their country should only be run by people who can afford it? Whatever situation they were in, it's definitely not consensual. There's a difference between saying "Yes!" if someone asked you to marry them and screaming "Yes!" at gunpoint.

Seytarian democracy is a corporate bordello. A whorehouse from the money, by the money, and for the money. No man. Not even by the marks they left on the banknotes. In a country that values wealth over merit, people are nothing without money. That's why it's difficult to imagine important scientific and philosophical endeavors in Seytaria. If there will be any scientific or philosophical development, it's about How to Make More Money: The Scientific Method followed by How to Make Even More Money: The Big Idea. Although, in this respect, Seytaria could still become world-renowned. They could be the world lab for casino managers and the international school for young con artists. Seytaria also claims that "private military endeavors'' give them credit for achievements in "health, science, and culture around the world."

With an economy as big as Seytaria's, it also indicates rich countries have been doing a lot of business with them. It's surprising. Not all illegitimate businesses can't even get away with illegal drugs. Legitimate businesses in democracies like Prydania and Saintonge won't survive the onslaught of social justice warriors, if businesses would do anything that may suggest they're against anti-immigration. Infamous Prydanian stateswoman Tenna Nygaard will always be the premier example of what happens if anyone holds onto unacceptable beliefs. She lost both her position as opposition leader and her credibility as a respectable politician. I can't imagine many top, international businesses confidently establish a permanent presence in Seytaria. Though it would be fair to assume Mintoria dominates the foreign market there, as it is one of their former colonies. They'd be an exception. Still, that's not something to be proud of.

This is why Seytaria's self-proclaimed global reputation is questionable. Its form of government is not good for all investors, especially for outstanding enterprises from respectable countries like Goyanes and Iraelia, more so in Saintonge. Saintonge leads the world in its respect, not only for consumers, workers, or the environment, but also morality. This is just one of many factors making Saintonge a reputable global trade partner. Its prosperity is not completely measured by the standard of material wealth or technological development, but also based on the quality of life, transparency, and the accountability of government. Like the lemonade stand.

Assured by the determined little smile behind those kid-sized counters says a lot about the quality of service. When the kid tells us they're doing this for family or for charity, or simply for fun, is transparency. The ever-watchful supervision by their lurksome parents is their accountability. The lemonade stand is also democratic. We nominate which lemonade stand to visit, elect which one is the best stand, and, afterwards, decide if the best stand really did make the best lemonade. There's no better place to do business than a country with a government who is open and willing to work with everyone, not just the wealthy and technocratic few. It has to work for businesses, consumers, everyone.

Goyanes, Iraelia, Kasu, Saintonge, and many more countries in their league, contribute to the model of an excellent market for the global economy. They stand for good business. Seytaria is certainly stands for business. For them, any business will do. Even monkey business.

Last edited:
rtHYRkj.png

Thokozani Chamisa

5/1/2021

q2eVllu.jpg

["Martyrs of Iteria" painted by Davu Kasim in 1933 depicts the struggle of Iterian populations against foreign aggression]

Opinion: Democracy is just Gotic for “servitude”

Like many at the Herald I have watched with increasing irritation as Xiuyang Ren, a journalist for the Sor-Ijterianske Dagsreveyen(what a mouthful!) and self-appointed spokesperson for all things democratic has spent the last month peddling colonialist lies and blatant half-truths about our glorious nation. Truth be told I had no intention of writing anything until my eldest daughter asked me a rather complicated question “Mama” she said with a quizzical look on her face “why do so many iterian’s hate being Iterian?” it was a question that has kept me up several nights in a row and one I intend to try and solve in this opinion piece.

To answer this question, we must first understand what it is to be Iterian in the first place. Iteria is arguably the oldest inhabited continent in the world (I can already hear the legions of keyboard warriors in Gothis and Meterra typing up a storm) its roots stretching back farther than anyone can reliably trace. Iteria is a continent where upturned pottery shards have more history than the oldest royal lines in Craviter or Gothis combined. Iteria has birthed no less than two of the world's most significant religions, its combined economic clout puts it on a par with any of the world's other major markets and its nations have contributed to global culture and history in ways few others can match.

Why then with such an immense cultural heritage do so many of our neighbours continue to debase and betray themselves? We need only look at the colonial period for our answer. For much of the last four hundred years, Iteria has been the persistent target of foreign powers, from the perfidious Suchari to the Gotic barbarians no nation has escaped the machinations of the colonizers unscathed. I could write whole volumes on the actions of Andrenne and Syrixia, but for the sake of keeping things succinct let us focus on the arch-villain, Goyanes.

Goyanean involvement in Iteria began 1629 with the Goyanean South Iteria company, a shameless cabal of colonist merchants who sought to take advantage of the weakened state of the Dazhou empire. Arriving in the coastal cities under the claimed desire to trade the GSIC quickly set about playing off warring factions against one another and installing puppet rulers sympathetic to their interests. For much of the preceding century, Goyanes competed with Syrixia (another shameless colonizer) for control of mainland Zhen, Goyanes eventually taking the upper hand in 1827 and all but annexing the Zhen empire.

The Goyaneans like to paint themselves as the “good guys” of Eras, defenders of freedom and democracy, they are less likely to admit to the fact that until the late 90’s the bottom chunk of Iteria had the word “Goyanean” plastered in big bold letters on every printed map. Indeed, the so-called pride of the nords shamelessly touted its democratic credentials all the while ignoring the fact that millions of its “subjects” existed under the yoke of a foreign regime.

It is because of this history that I so often find myself baffled by nations like Zhenmen. Scroll any Zhenmen news site and it's all in Gojan, let that sink in, an iterian nation that is ostensibly independent is still speaking in the tongue of its former overlord. The continued linguistic domination isn't the only clue to the situation in Zhen, their schools teach a Gojan curriculum, they dress like little gotics and did you see the ads for Ingmar III on twitcher? Yeah, they play at being Gojan in their spare time too.

Colonialism has brainwashed our neighbours, the citizens of Ascalon, Zhen and Kasu all seem to have bought into the false promises of foreign powers. How else do we account for the fact that Ascalon continues to choose isolation over engagement with its fellow Iterians? The fact that kasu would rather bend over backwards for Syrixian business than for mutually beneficial trade with kin nations on their own continent! And then there's Zhen...

Honestly, at this point, it's anyone's guess if any of these people can really be called Iterian anymore...they look it on the outside but evidently inside its all Gojan and Suchari...I digress though. After centuries of being ruled by Gotic scum, denied their sovereignty and having a foreign dialect and culture rammed down their throats at gunpoint the Zhen seem to have forgotten who they are. They extoll the virtues of their democracy and praise their former oppressor like a hostage with Franktorf syndrome.

That’s the only way I can make sense of it, make sense of why they name their streets after rulers who cared so little for the common iterian, idolize a people that wouldn’t even have let most Zhenese drink in Goyanean bars in the “good old days”. Much like an abusive relationship the Zhen empire is a prime example of a people who have been traumatized to the point of subservience when the Goyaneans finally dispensed with their charade of benevolent rule and gave Zhenmen democracy on a golden leash the weak spined traitors in the imperial government duly thanked their master like good little slaves.

So, I must address my next question to Mr. Ren himself, what has your vaunted freedom brought you? Your nation is quite bluntly a fractured mess. You seem so certain your way of life is best but display so little insight into its failings. How about the fact that you continue to argue over LGBT rights? Astragon does not discriminate against such things thanks to a long history of gender fluidity in Iterian culture, but many of your countrymen continue to hold prejudices given to you by your Gotic rulers.

What about the fact that the so-called Zhen empire is in fact little more than two power blocs feuding over the same title? The fact that the democracy princess Shi rules over is little more than a chain of islands? And while we are at it how about the fact that your glorious democracy is so fragile that at any moment it could be snuffed out by the SSI?

You claimed in your article that our citizens lack civil liberties, this claim only proves that you know nothing about us. Astragonese castes all possess associations, representatives who advocate and petition the state on the common man's behalf. Our people possess subsidized healthcare and possess food security greater than many nations in Eras thanks to generous state price controls.

You mock our caste system but let's be honest, is your democratic market any better? Our citizens are guaranteed a livelihood at birth whilst democracies around the world grapple with unemployment and underproductivity thanks to their delusional ideologies that preach “you can be anything you want” like a broken record. Our citizens might inherit their parent's jobs but your people are blessed with unemployment lines, layoffs and restructure all courtesy of the system Uncle Johannes bequeathed you.

Next, let's turn to your love of political parties, it is true our government is a centralized and indeed Topdown authority. This is a necessary system that ensures that the needs of some 110 million people are met effectively. We have all seen the products of democracy, Valland electing a human tub of lard who preaches isolationism whilst he peddles ignorance as a virtue. And what of Andrenne, its king dispensed with democracy as soon as it started to become an inconvenience. Prydania? Its system proved woefully unprepared to deal with the manipulations of both Social commonwealth and syndicalist factions. Highton has been plagued by wine cave scandals and foreign meddling in its elections, Korova is ruled by a king so foolish he wants to abolish his own title in favour of rule by scabbed and dirty masses and Jomfrundland is ruled by crazed racists elected by uneducated barbarians. Your beloved system promises nothing but chaos for Astragon.

The supreme arrogance of proclaiming that we should adopt your system is astounding, not least because it would not work in Astragon. Let's imagine for a moment that your democracy came to the exalted empire, we have over a dozen tribal groups, whose votes will matter more? Will Toruba voices command greater respect than Mondaba? What about the political agenda? Will leaders elected from one tribe value a national interest over that of their own local concerns? And how do you intend to organize a voting system that will not see each tribe simply electing to vote along the lines set by traditional monarchs?

Finally, you say that security issues are a sign that our system is illegitimate, if this is so then would you care to explain the recent communist terror plots in Goyanes? The Ducrijeckan assault on Andrenne’s parliament? How about the murder of Erik Shan-Yin during a session of Ascalons legislature? Evidently, democracies seem no less prone to internal strife then Astragon.

It is therefore my closing argument that Mr Ren turn his burning criticisms inward toward his own house. Astragon does not need democracy, we are better off under our own system than under some chaotic mess imposed by barbarians.

Last edited:
eljPyqy.png

Breaking News

AIO announces internal investigation into stolen equipment

Akram Abay

12/31/20

Basbug1.jpg

General Kadir Baba (Center) announcing the investigation

Earlier this afternoon General Kadir Baba, Chief of the General staff announced that as of tonight a full-scale investigation will be done to discover the member of the military who secretly exported AOI equipment to West Vaasan separatists. According to General Baba, the culprit had stolen approximately twenty fighter jets and several other assets including several transport vehicles and infantry equipment. This was supposedly accomplished by the use of rank to steal military equipment from Arsenals and airbases. General Baba during the press conference stated. "The man responsible for this theft and terrorism shall be found, with the full power of the Aydın İmparatorluk Ordusu behind him his Imperial Majesty, may not worry for this investigation will not just root out the culprit but also the traitors that he cohorts with." At this time there are no current suspects but according to officials, they do have leads that they believe will lead them directly to the traitor. The AOI has also mentioned that there will be harsh punishments levied against any collaborators there was also mention of possible rewards for information that could lead to the arrest of the perpetrators. This all comes after heavy international backlash after stolen Aydini jets had been found inside of West Vaasan storage facilities, leaving many to criticize the government over their lack of responsibility and perceived incompetence.

Reactions: Arc
TVOpsRA.png

25 020` November 18
rOfF5HR.png

GREAT MOTHER ADOPTS ASSAPISCAN GREAT DAUGHTER

In a shocking revival of antiquated protocol, the Great Mother of the Tusacaway, Yinisweyn, executed her right to adopt her first daughter rather than bear her on her own. This move has proved to be extremely controversial, not only because this implies to some a 'loss' of the true Great Family, but also because the woman adopted happened to be Assapiscan. The new Great Daughter of the Tusacaway is Okinee Kiscokin, born in a factory town in Assipisk to a mostly working-class family. Her mother, Anisco Kiscokin, prepared a statement for the Press when visited by our correspondants in the Northwest. She stated: "I am proud that my daughter has been gifted such a prestigious place. All we Assapisca dream of is that our children may one day succeed beyond us". With that in mind, the people of Assipisk and most Assapiscan-dominated towns sported massive celebratory banners and held powwows, applauding the success of one of their own in their mostly marginalized society. Okinee Kiscokin was adopted this morning in the presence of Chieftain Nicamon Pascaw as reported by the Okipah. The circumstances have yet to be totally illuminated by the Great Family and the Okipah. It should also be noted that the last time a Great Daughter was adopted was in the Mistamekan culture of the pre-confederal Tusacaway. However it was recorded that this was an act of self-preservation, as the Mistamekan Great Mother was dying of disease never having brought forth any daughters.

sZLLny3.jpg

Assapiscans generally do not hold large powwows due to their commission.
Today there was a general boycott in honour of the Great Daughter.

The event has struck the nation to its very core, although the Great Mother herself understood that it would cause dismay, stating: "I would not have undergone this task had I not been confident the Tusacwyan people were ready to understand what it is I have chosen to do—My decision to adopt the Great Daughter is not political and it certainly was not done to cast a shadow upon the Mawat on Industrial Development". Despite the Great Mother's affirmations, her adoption has stirred public opinion outside of the Northwest greatly. "The people of the Northwest were put there for a reason," one commentator preached: "Their service to our nation is decidedly due to their lack of morality". Another citizen reported that: "The Assapiscan people have been subjugated in a land that needs not subjugate them. Let's not pretend like what is happening here isn't the same as what happened to the Apithana. This adoption is a push towards bringing down the tradition of caste, and I say we do it now!". The Great daughter Okinee will address the public soon, despite the significantly polarized positions of the public on the entire issue. The Nistokamek affirmed in ensemble that the actions of the Great Mother are legitimate and "hardly an affront against any item of politics."

Last edited:
TVOpsRA.png

25 020` December 29
rOfF5HR.png

NISTOKAMEK ANNOUNCES NATIONWIDE REFERENDUM

As the new year approaches, the Nistokamek has finally revealed their agenda for a contingency in which the Tusacaway widens its relations with foreign countries. Contacts with the formerly acquainted Mayistawscic (Prydania) and Minaskic (Predice) have been given top priority as well as novel relations with the countries of the Sentonskic (Saintonge) and the Koyanskic (Goyanes). Trade, embassies, and restricted travel have all been highlighted as well as prioritizing the export of Tusacwyan agriculture. Chieftain Nicamon Pascaw has also stated that the concept of cultural exchange and expansion of Outlander Studies to lower levels of education. The main proponent of the agenda, Onitawa Mawapiew, and prospective grand ambassador released this statement last week: "A referendum is occurring January 15 from 9`00 to 21`00. The public-at-large will be free to assemble outside their respective Otena and participate in a general vote. You may select either 'Yes' or 'No' to the following statement: I agree that the Tusacaway should implement a plan to expand its concerns with outlander affairs and with foreign commerce, diplomacy, and trade. There will be an additional query as well, and you will be asked to select either 'Yes' or 'No' to the following statement: I agree that the directive within the Mawat of Confederation concerning the freedom of movement is outmoded and requires reevaluation to accommodate the status quo. The government is counting on your participation and we greatly encourage all citizens of voting age to participate".

XuVzXJH.png

"Vote Yes" and "No!" campaign posters which have began to be displayed in the
Tusacaway. The two sides have no official or organized campaign offices.

As the referendum date approaches, movements to vote either 'yes' or 'no' have sprung up about the general population, prompting devout nonpartisans to criticize the referendum motion as being divisive and violating the spirit of kwayapowitic. Within the Nistokamek, the consensus is that however the referendum leans, the government will uphold the decision that the people have made. The referendum also concerns a reevaluation of the Mawat on Confederation which "confines freedom of mobility rights to the Tusacwyan interior". The context of that principle has gone mostly unimpeded for the past three centuries—however, the current proponents of the foreign contingency agenda have sought to understand it from a different perspective. The Department of Outlander Studies at the University of Tawaic suggests that the basis of restricted mobility was to reduce Tusacwyan involvement in foreign affairs and prevent a loss of heritage, suggesting that if the will of the Tusacaway is in favour of outlander relations, a Mawat should be considered to introduce scrutinized mobility to replace that affirmation. Despite that notion being exceedingly clear, Chieftain Nicamon Pascaw himself has stated, "As a Nistokamek we were all in favour of a potential reappraisal of that clause. The question of free mobility would arise eventually, and so we came to a consensus that it should be included in the referendum". Regardless of the individual citizen's partisanship, the message is clear, the Tusacwyan are encouraged to each head to their Otenahk January 15 and vote either 'Yes' or 'No'. There has been no word if polling stations in the Northwest will be considered for the referendum.

Last edited:
Header_3.png

Meet Juan Cox, Seytaria's new wealthiest man.

1-10-2021, 11:58 am dog badog badog badog badog bado
By Amy Lopez dog bldog balog badog badog badog badog ba

1496020.jpg

Then, Mayor Juan Cox at a town hall, Wednesday, 3/7/2013, at City Hall in Seytantium (TEP Photo/Judy Ocasio-Cortez)d llllllllllllllllllllll

Hi Beauty x
On Monday, last week, an hour after stocks opened, Juan Cox 1l1 111
surpassed the pharmaceutical tycoon Anthony Edmond to become1ll1
Seytaria's new richest man. The business magnate saw his wealth 1oo
pique at the crack of noon after yet another surge of Tekha (TKHA)1l
stock. This, the latest in lots of buy-ins by young investors. How-
1lll
ever, Cox's popularity with millennial money has caused his net11ll11
worth to more than quadruple in just the past year alone. Tekha
looll ll
stock's skyrocketing success has seen gains of +480% over lll1lwlll llll
the span of 2020, and already
+30% in the year 2021. lll lll lll lll lll lll l

Cox's journey began in the Capitol Zone of Seytantium. His lll lll lll l
father left him at the age of seven and most of his early years lll lll lll
were spent trying to help his mother, Teresa Cox. And while lll lll lll l
still working toward being a good student, Cox eventually lll lll lll lll
dropped out in ninth grade to pay the bills. In an interview in lll lll lll
2012, Cox said, "I attribute a lot of my success and the success of lll l
my companies to my ability to make those tough decisions. lll lll lllll
When I was fifteen I left the education system to help my mother. lllll
She needed it [and] so I dropped out." Having never competed lll lllll
school, Cox had limited opportunities in the world, especially lll lll ll
with dreams of dominating the corporate sphere. llll lll lll lll lll lll lll

In his early twenties, Cox re-entered education at his own behest.
llll
His mother was his main encouragement and Cox professed that lllll
he was conflicted with leaving his mom behind. Nevertheless, Coxll
graduated from a silver school and promptly took up a job at a llllllll
bank. His degrees in economics and statistics granted him a llllllllllll
formidable position as a financial analyst. But the insatiable lllllllllll
desire to do more pushed Cox to leave the position in 1991.
llllllllllll
With his knowledge intact, he decided to 'make it big' in the stock llll
market. He did make it big, riding the wave of now-computerlllllllll
software giant PageSim.llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Juan_Cox_Fade.jpg

1l
Cox used his newfound multi-millionaire status to launch his own lllll
lll entrepreneurial adventures while also giving back to his mother. His first
llllbusiness Obby, or Lobby without the 'L', was an online store for concert
lll tickets and other event bookings. Eventually, it expanded to hotel rooms
llll llll and fast-food chains. This was all in a matter of fifteen years. In 2015, Obby
lllwas valued at fifty billion dollars. Other Cox companies included online
video-streaming service Streamico ($105 billion), online club service

lOclub ($12 billion), online dating service Virty ($3 billion), and online
automobile transportation service Cines ($29 billion). Thesellll llll llll
corporations are now mostly subsidiaries which fall under investorllll l
llll categorization for 'Project X'. In other words, Cox's own interweb empire.
Others have used the branching 'Project X' name to conspire that Coxll
is harming competition through algorithms.llll llll llll llll llll llll llll llll

Cox knocked down these 'conspiracies' in his 2012 bid for mayor of lll
lllSeytantium. But it would be a complete lie to shun the astounding wealth
llllllllllllllllCox earns without seemingly trying. By 2016, Cox was dubbed a 'decabillionaire',
lla term crafted for the new era of tech enthusiasts and entrepreneurs that
lllllsailed in on the internet revolution. But Teresa Cox passed later that year.

lllJuan Cox resigned his position as mayor and made an oath in a televised
broadcast to make Seytaria a healthier and safer environment. The next

lmorning, Project X announced its long term investment in green energy,
llllcalled Project Tekha. Originally KHA for Kilowatt Harnessing Ambitions,
but redubbed to include Te for Teresa. The project had been a long time

lllllllllcoming and was looking to go public come 2017. It has become a streamlined
alternative to the increasingly expensive uranium industry; which is llll

conducting billion-dollar deals overseas. Cox denounced these llllllllllll
transactions and promised to make Seytaria securer, even if he hadlllllll
to "fight both chambers of the legislature."lllllllllllolllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Tekha became profitable in the second quarter of 2020 and is spendinglll
huge swathes of money to convince consumers that residencies would be
lllllllsafer with a Tekha solar panel, car, and street light. But the innovation doesn't

lllllllllstop there. Cox's company is to start receiving more federal money to construct
llla nationwide high speed, maglev rail network. The promise of profitability
lhas kept the green warehouse afloat for now. However, with such massive
lllllllllllundertakings like replacing the whole infrastructure of Seytaria and taking on the
uranium industry, Cox can't afford to be distracted by the short term llllllll

limplications of tens of billions of Seytarrian dollars. Market capitalization
has inflated Tekha to become the seventh most valued corporation llllllllll

in the whole of Seytarrian lllmarkets. However Cox has only used hisllllll
newfound platform to voice his ambitions for the country and eventually, l
the world.llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

The Peoples' Telegraph - the voice of Socialism in Osynstry

National Party find themselves "under surveillance" by the EC

WORLD NEWS | Cymbria
- 19:04, 13 Aeaftury 1095, Arthur Wesburn

This week, the Nationals have found themselves on the forefront of the news - and that's where they want to be.

As the new elected National Party Leader, Edward Marksham, takes office; he soon sets out his new campaign which has been badged by the Electoral Commission:
"Disingenuous, scaremongering and based upon the assumption that those listening know nothing about the subject in question to the point that they shan't even check their often unfounded claims."

The National-aligned newspaper, the Great Osynstric Telephone, has found itself too the spotlight for contempt - as it, albeit tentatively, accepts the new Leader and his influence over both Osynstry and their own newspaper. The Telephone has long been a source of humour among the press, the "black sheep" which is not afraid to lie blatantly, for there will be nobody who cares enough to object. Today, it has taken it one step further; calling for outright protest against the move to monitor the National Party. It seems unlikely that such violence could take place; but to say that it won't happen or will happen defeats the point, this is not what the etiquette that any source of media should be using.

In response to the new National leadership, it has found itself both far more influential, and actually quite self-destructive. The political right has weathered many storms, and now Marksham is another, halting any progress towards unity on the right through his outright disinterest in co-operation with the Athersic Democrats, whom he had once called "thinly-veiled social democrats", and most Conservatives, who he has said "have truly lost their way". However, in his attempts to unify the right under his sphere of influence, and violently pull the rest of the conservatives in Osynstry kicking and screaming behind him, he threatens to rip apart the very fabric that has been delicately sewn together from the remnants of the Osynstric right in the 1980s onwards. Such blatant and outright disinterest in the current political situation, and demands for his opinions to be respected based on largely false principles can only divide the right; and in particular, liberals are looking at this as the perfect opportunity to seize control of the Opposition.

The Workers' Party have also found this a very useful event; dividing the right is strengthening the left, it turns out, as one thing that many social democratic Workers' Party members can agree with Prime Minister Wilson and Deputy Prime Minister Osbourne on is that Marksham should be kept out of power; and most liberals also agree with him on this.

In conclusion, it appears that Marksham - although he has truly strengthened his own position - seems to unite all those to the left of him in disapproval of himself; and this could prove very, very dangerous indeed, should voters decide to tactically vote against his party. Conservatives also seem conflicted; despite his clear charisma and convincing tone that previous National leaders could only feign for a glimpse of a second, associating themselves with a loudmouth hard-right politician can only remind voters of one Prime Minister: Greenwood. And reminding voters of Greenwood's legacy is about as good for them as making one of their policies martial law.

TVOpsRA.png

25 021` January 14
rOfF5HR.png

NATIONAL REFERENDUM DRAWS NEARER

The polls in Tawaic, Tawiscayew, and Menykawn have been reorganized, reevaluated, and refurbished for the coming nationwide referendum. As they are early in completing their requirements as a ballot locale, the voting stations have been left under the guise of security and the press, who have captured the soon-to-be overwhelmed polls. Localized law enforcement and Okipah have been put on standby in each of the 55 Town Otena, with corporals commissioned to stand at-arms by the polls as peacekeepers. All other Otena will be prepared for the referendum by at least 8`00, when voters will be asked to line up. At 9`00, the referendum will be opened and ballots will be passed out to residents who have both previously reported to their Otenahk and registered to vote, and who are present with a piece of accredited identification. For the following 12 hours, people will be free to appear before their voting station and cast a ballot, answering each of the questions which will be present on the slip. As of yesterday, we are now familiar with what the ballot will look like and how it will be used during your vote. The ballot is a four-folded slip of black paper which will display both queries and their response boxes in the two top quarters of the page. The voter is then asked to tick an 'X' within the answer bubbles and separate the page along the vertical perforated line. Once that is done, the sheets may be folded upwards along the horizontal dotted line. The corresponding numbers on each folded sheet will go into its ballot box accordingly. Effective, simple, and hardly a waste of paper!

4LeCgS1.png

A typical ballot-casting diagram provided in voting stations.

The short period of time between the announcement of the referendum and its execution has been regarded as one of the leading factors in peaceful cooperation. There simply is not enough time for a proponent of one side to organize and campaign effectively before the polling date, additionally, the Nistokamek has not been a sponsor of either option in the vote and has fully endorsed both choices as legitimate and true. The incitement of violence and divisiveness was initially a great fear from the Nistokamek, however their unity and sponsorship of a wholesomely national opinion on the next course of action for the Tusacaway has led to a mostly friendly political air nationwide. Political clashes have not vanished entirely however, and minor incidences have led to arrests related to politically-infused conflict. The Achimowin Otâkosin's preliminary surveys have indicated that the estimated outcome for the referendum will be a 52% 'Yes' and 48% 'No' for K1 as well as a 49% 'Yes' and 51% 'No' for K2. The turnout is expected to be within 50-60% among eligible voters. With such close figures taken from our polls, the expectation is that anything will be possible today. The message for today is clear: Get out the vote!

Last edited:
TVOpsRA.png

25 021` January 15
rOfF5HR.png

"YES" REIGNS VICTORIOUS IN REFERENDUM

The polls for the nationwide referendum closed at 21`00 with over 11 000 000 votes cast representing just over 80% of eligible voters. The outcome has shook the nation to its core! With 64% of polls reporting a "Yes" victory in their jurisdictions for K1 and 55% of polls reporting a "Yes" victory in their jurisdictions for K2. With results such as those, there is no surprise that the proponents of the Tusacaway's potential relationship with the rest of the world have rejoiced loudly and boldly. In the streets of Menykawn and Tawaic, excited and passionate young supporters of the nations future have assembled en masse to celebrate their victory. By their sides, they are perplexingly cheered on by rural physiocracy and a whole swathe of other enthusiastic voters. "Finally, I have something to look forward to!", one Ataiyocan agriculturalist exclaimed during the celebration, "I won't have to hand over the farm anymore!". In Tastueweyas and Tawiscayew, this idyllic picture is slightly altered. While small celebratory gatherings have popped up around those cities, the word within the town has remained mostly quiet and only occasionally disappointed. One commenter from Tastuweyas remarked, "I am not surprised that we lost the referendum, although it really was closer than expected. I just hope they realize that all of this 'potential trade' stuff is too good to be true".

The election results have been remarked for its incredibly stark familiarity. A familiarity with a time in which the country laid divided at a more fundamental level. There is no doubt that the Rough distribution of "Yes" and "No" correlates respectively with areas that were previously subjugated or sought by the Mikho Confederacy, a renegade country formed during the Constitutional Crisis of 1953-1954 and constructed upon the foundations of ethnic supremacy, ultraviolence, and devout patriotism. A political analyst from the PCK reported this evening that "The outcome here represents a kind of hostility to change present ever since the Mikhôno rebels attempted to rapidly reform these areas of the country" and that "Novel concepts with essentially uncertain outcomes such as those presented in this referendum can be off-putting to people who wish but to continue their standard way of life, no questions asked". Heavily militarized towns in the exterior south such as Mysipiew have also contributed vehemently to the "No" cause. The Town Chief and Commander of the Garrison in Mistakesew commented to reporters yesterday, "You can't trust what those dopey hipsters smoking herb by riverside say about politics—let me be clear, these outlanders are people we don't want to meet".

K0Tgh61.png

The outcome of the 2021 Referendum per Otenahk including turnout and
the popular vote represented in the lefthand corner.

Chieftain Nicamon Pascaw grinned as he addressed the people from the steps of the Nistokamek just this evening stating, "I am very surprised to see such a progressive verdict in precarious times such as these—the people may rest assured that the government will most certainly be assembled tomorrow to discuss the implementation of this new plan". The Chieftain was also quick to thank all Tusacwyan citizens for participating in their civic duty, and remarked how happy he was with the turnout for the referendum. He then wrapped up his address by lauding the days when democracy and consensus triumphs over divisiveness and war. A veteran of the Battle of Assipisk himself, Nicamon's voice certainly left an impression on the servicemen and women of the nation. Onitawa Mawapiew also left a press statement just as twilight faded into the night sky in Ceekaskotin. In it, the Chief confirmed that he had been rapidly appointed as the temporary "Grand Ambassador" by the Chieftain, and designated by the government as the principal coordinator of the country's new foreign agenda. What exciting tales the embassies to these foreign nations will bring has sown a thread of great anticipation into the nation's spirit, as well as for what kind of receptions the Tusacaway will receive.

Last edited:
kVgD0iW.png

Fire in the House
by Willy Steinhäuser
16 Januar 2021

9TMSj4u.png

The Nationalrat in session
During the 68th sitting of the National Assembly, Oscar Engelmann and Vanessa Hauser, Elector and Electress of Vöfferhausen and Liksen-Hasor respectively of the National Federalist Party had some fiery remarks about the works of SVP (Sozialistische Volkspartei) governor of Hadenburg, Matteo Tausch. Speaker of the Assembly Cäser Reich had a difficult job controlling the patriotic fever of the NFP's representatives.

Rep. Engelmann said in one instance that "The SVP began to return to its roots. And I think we all know the roots of the Honorable Tausch's party. The only noticeable difference is that they changed Furrer's fascism to Koning's socialist confederalism. The Honorable Tausch keeps ranting about how our nation's holiest city is improving in contrast of Honorable Reichart's governorship, but the reality is that Honorable Tausch's city is a city of hate, anti-nationalism and now begins to show signs of old Prydania's syndicalism."

Mr. Tausch defended his governorship as he said that "If the likes of Rep. Hauser and Engelmann would control the country, General Konrad Wach's old dictatorial system would step into affect again" citing infamous Rep. Paulus Totleben's governorship of Philipsburg, with the requestment and deployment of armed RPK and provincial SEK agents to the 2016 riots.

Shockingly Rep. Hauser's remarks attacked both His Majesty's coalition and the RU (Reformistische Union) led opposition. She mentioned that this country deserved a better leader then Staatskanzler Franz and the RU was using Kellerman's ideals and honor as a cover-up to push their increasingly socialist democrat agenda. After her comments to the Nationalrat, there was an uproar from both sides of the isle. To counter, Hauser with the rest of the NFP began to sing the Legionärslied, the anthem of 1856 revolutionary general Edmund Neufront's 7th Militia Regiment.

The chanting was silenced by Speaker Reich, but despite calls for order on the assembly floor, several NFP representatives walked out and finished the song on top of the steps of Fellburg Palace.

Last edited:
TVOpsRA.png

25 021` January 21
rOfF5HR.png

MAWAT ON EXTERIOR COMMERCE REDRAFTS BROUGHT INTO FORCE

Last week's referendum brought into consideration a new foreign policy in the Tusacaway. This policy had been worked on the side for some time before the vote, and it is today that those policies have been enacted. The Mawat on Exterior Commerce was a mawat that had lied untouched and unquestioned since the year 24 900` when relations with the Minaskic people were effectively severed and their commerce restricted due to contemporary concerns over the rising dependence on foreign goods and the unreliability of the Minaskic Embassy as a means of representing their state. This was also a period of time in which the Minaskic were in a uniquely domestic crisis, and was the only suitable time for the agreements to be withdrawn. Today, the mawat is nearly unrecognizable from its century-old predecessor and contains many new provisions regarding commerce and diplomacy with outlander countries.

EHYfhwp.jpg

Photograph from the 1854 Minaskic-Tusacwyan diplomatic summit in
which the The Treaty of Friendship and Amity was adopted.

The new mawat introduces two new Confederal Councils, one devoted to ambassadorial matters and one devoted to the affairs of trade and commerce. It also introduces a government office dedicated to Outlander Affairs as a whole, which will be responsible for all coordinated issues of exterior concern. Bilateral commercial agreements will be permitted between countries to set out guidelines for free and fair commerce free of imposition. Domestic businesses will be finally given the opportunity to export to other countries, which is said to offer relief to the growing issue of agricultural stagnation in the Tusacaway. With regards to domestic regulations over trade, Menykawn, Wasaw, and Tawaic will be the sole harbours for all outlander vessels on business in the Tusacaway, a stipulation which also applies to diplomacy. The principal basis of this policy is to expedite distribution since other coastal settlements do not have the capacity to quickly ship and distribute foreign goods as fast as capital-region towns can. It is also thought to be a safer alternative, since there are still many towns in the Tusacaway which are still highly indifferent to outlanders. We can expect to see the workings of this system in action once the first diplomatic summits are conducted, which are expected to conclude by the end of February.

Last edited:
ayQyuet.png

Breaking News

Nuclear Power acquired!

Akram Abay

1/26/21

1YzyHtU.jpg

(A photo of the new plant)

Yesterday, proved to be a spectacular one as the new Ahmed Nuclear Power Plant was opened yesterday afternoon after a three-year construction project started by Grand Sultan Mehmed III in 2018 it was finally finished by Grand Sultan Osmanek bringing much excitement to the nation. The facility will not only be used to power much of the Capital District but will also be utilized in the refining of uranium for the production of nuclear weapons which are according to the AOI. "A necessary deterrent in the modern world."

Although its construction has been met with large amounts of positivity, a few members of the Royal Aydin Oil company are worried that this introduction of nuclear power may spell trouble for the oil and gas industry as it may put many RAO employees out of work. But representatives from the Ahmed Nuclear Energy Company have assured that nuclear power will not interfere with the place of oil in Aydin. But no matter your point of view the creation of this plant will undoubtedly bring many great opportunities to the Aydini people.

Broadcasting Service Lanorth
Crown Prince Charles; the Heir to the Throne, dead at 61

Prince Charles found dead at home of liver failure
2nd of January, 2021
Written by David Watt, Royal Correspondant.

unknown.png

A controversial figure meets his untimely fate.

The lavish lifestyle of Crown-Prince Charles has unfortunately caught up with him, as the Crown-Prince was found by his servant dead at approximately eight in the morning.

Prince Charles was found on the floor, next to the bed, at eight in the morning, the time which he asked to be woken up at the previous night. His skin and eyes seemed to match in colour, both a yellow-ish colour, thanks to jaundice. When he was found, the floor was apparently wet, with smashed bottles of whiskey having been found on the floor, alongside smashed glasses. His corpse was laid out on his bed, and he was changed into his military uniform; what he wanted to wear when he passed.

The body was then placed into a coffin, and moved to the Throne Room, where it shall remain for four days. His funeral is due to be held on the 3rd of February. All Royal Family members are due to be in attendance, yet it is not going to be a state funeral. Prince Charles has refused all offers of a state funeral when he dies, and has stated he wants to have a private funeral, with only loved ones and friends in attendance. His funeral will be carried out according to his wishes. It shall not be broadcasted on television.

Prince Charles was renown for his scandals, wild parties, desire for women and wine. According to guests of said parties, Charles would drink as much as possible, alongside his diet of pure meat, with little to no vegetables, often. He is rumoured to have had several children out of wedlock with women much younger than himself at the time, and has been viewed as a heavily controversial figure, waiting to be involved in another scandal. Charles was an alcoholic, which probably contributed to or caused his liver failure, which was ruled as the official cause of death by the Palace.

Setting aside his lifestyle, the death brings a horrific scene to the Royal Family, as the young Prince Henry has now become the heir to the throne. With Emperor Frederick ageing, and with his many health conditions, some estimate Prince Henry will become Emperor sooner than he wishes to.

All eyes, meanwhile, have turned to the young Prince Henry, now the heir to the throne. An inexperienced Prince, perhaps, now has the weight of the Crown placed onto his shoulders. With Emperor Frederick's health unlikely to improve, it is, unfortunately, only a matter of time, we think.

yhtrd.jpg

Prince Henry.

Prince Henry has said in a statement this morning; "It is with great sadness that I am to announce the death of Prince Charles, my beloved father. I hope, as people of the Realm, we can come together, in unison, to remember my father. That is all I have to say at this moment." Many remarked on Henry's attitude making that statement. Some reckon he was standing tall, attempting to hold back tears, others think he had no tears to hold back at all.

Either way, losing a father and now, being a Crown-Prince of one of the largest and most populous countries on Eras must be a heavy burden for the young Prince. As for myself, writing this article in Constantine, we wish the young Prince the best of luck.

Last edited:
5IiFStZ.png

Good day to all those joining us for the News Hour at twelve. I am your host Eva Folstad. War on the open seas! Or so one would think. Crabmen of the coast duke it out over something not so valuable. A simple purple crab. The Yusslk crab migration season is a major source of food and income for many residents of the coast, but in the past few years the migration season seems to be getting shorter. This anonymous local Ny Hell-Småland crabbing captain had this to say.

“Been crabbing for damn near my whole life. Pots used to come up full, brimming with crab! So many of them they’d try to scurry off overboard! Now… now you’d be lucky to get a handful per. It’s been really hard for a lot of captains. What can you do?”

While the crabmen of Ny Hell-Småland might be struggling, a mere few hundred kilometers south right off the coast of Predice, crabbing captains are reporting record high counts. This has spurred on some desperate measures from the Yalken crabmen. Captains are venturing illegally into foreign waters to lay crab pots before rushing back over the line for international waters. Their trespassing is not gone unnoticed. The Predicean FMSFN, Forza Marittima del Servizio di Frontiera Nazionale or the Border Service’s Maritime Force has not regarded this activity lightly. On several occasions arresting and/or shoving crabmen’s boats back over into international waters. The latest tactic has been to simply cut the bright buoys that indicate where the crab traps have been laid. We had a chance to speak with one of the Border Service Officers.

“It’s an unfortunate situation, but we can’t be lax. What if they weren’t crabbing, what if it’s drop and pick up for smuggling. This is a prime opportunity for such illicit activities. Yes it’s unfortunate, but we can’t sit idle and watch people break our laws. They’re not even from here. That’s not a good look.”

Several port authorities are beginning to require planned routes for approval, but many more seem to be happy to ignore the issue. Hopefully, with time, crabbing can return to a more peaceful way.

5IiFStZ.png

Good day to all those joining us for the News Hour at twelve. I am your host Eva Folstad. The top running story today is the financial collapse of fishing conglomerate Sunde Gruppe. The company filed for bankruptcy earlier this morning after suffering abysmal losses at the end of last year. According to sources the company most famous for it’s tin food stuffs has had supply chain issues for the past year and can no longer maintain it’s holdings. CEO of Sunde Gruppe, Lars Andal, had this to say.

“This is a difficult time for us. This company has over fifty years of history, watching it slowly fade is hard to accept. That being said, we’re looking into certain deals that may save the name.”

Environmentalists have blamed the over fishing of certain species that has led to the demise of Sunde Gruppe and many other small enterprises. Some see it as a double edged sword. This downturn will allow certain animal groups to perhaps recover from their dwindling populations. The flip side is that many are being put out of work. Around eight thousand workers are at risk of losing their jobs following Sunde Gruppe’s bankruptcy filing.

THE VOICE OF DEMOCRACY
The Peoples Voice, Forever

THE ASTURICAN SOCIAL REPUBLIC - ERAS' LAST FASCIST STATE
By Grigoriy Antonov | 1/29/2021

flag_of_the_empire_of_germania_by_theflagandanthemguy_dam20vy-fullview.jpg

National Flag of the Asturican Social Republic, commonly referred to as "Fascist Asturica."

Fascism. What do you think of when you hear that word? The devastating Fascist Wars? The Andrennian Valkyrist Party? The Prydanian Social Commonwealth Party? The state-sponsored glorification of crimes against humanity? Well, apparently in Asturica, the word "fascism" carries a far more positive and proud connotation. To understand how such a horrid ideology can still be alive, let's take a journey back into Asturica's history.

In 1956, the Kingdom of Asturica was overthrown by communist revolutionaries who then established the Democratic Peoples Socialist Republic of Asturica. The House of Aris - Asturica's royal family - was just barely able to flee to Saintonge as the new DPSRA began to hunt them down and solidify its control. The communist government began a brutal period of purges and famines and ruled with an iron fist until 1997. On April 17 of that year, anti-communist revolutionaries overthrew the DPSRA in the hopes of re-establishing the monarchy. The anti-communist movement, known as the "New Asturicans," was made up of a wide variety of groups - republicans, constitutional monarchists, liberal socialists, and yes, even fascists. Once the communist government was out of power, the fascists, under the leadership of one Xacobe Naron, purged the other factions of the New Asturican movement and established themselves as the National Prosperity Party of Asturica. Naron was made Autarca - or Autarch - for life and has been ruling the nation with an iron hand from Sadena ever since.

Little has changed under this new management: the Asturican people have few, if any, civil freedoms. Asturica has continued to exist as a totalitarian police state where total obedience to the national government is required under the threat of force and even execution. The PPN has no tolerance for ethnic minorities and political opponents and satellite imagery has pointed to the existence of several forced labor camps located throughout the nation. Asturican youth are brought up to obey the nation's Autarch without question and to always be ready for war. "Autarch first, family second" is one of the first sentences Asturican are taught in preschool.

The activities of the PPN have by far not gone unnoticed by the international community. In Adonai-Jireh, Prime Minister Taneli Gadi of Iraelia signed into law a wave of new embargoes and sanctions on the Asturican Social Republic. In a speech to the Iraelian Knesset, Prime Minister Gadi stated that Iraelia "shall not cooperate nor do business with a government built upon the foundations of injustice and evil." She also encouraged other nations to take similar measures within the same speech. Arcanstotska followed behind Iraelia not long after, with Prime Minister Tsvetayev signing a similar set of embargoes and sanctions into existence. In response, Autarch Naron delivered a fiery speech declaring that "the Asturican people shall not stand to be ruined by degenerate foreign conspirators." This also all comes after the latest militarization campaign within Asturica, as the nation seems to be gearing up to expand its borders by force.

The Asturican Social Republic has worn the label of "fascist" with a disturbing level of pride. The nation's Autarch has written published numerous books which have attempted to redefine fascism as an "ideology of the common man and his struggles against the malevolent groups of Eras." Needless to say, these pieces of political literature have been widely banned abroad. Yet they are still taught to Asturica's youth and their words have become government policy.

Yet perhaps there may be hope for a brighter future in Asturica. Prince Aurelio, grandson of King Manoel V who fled from Asturica in 1956, has delivered many fiery speeches urging the Asturican people to rise up against the PPN. There are rumors of monarchist and democratic revolutionaries waiting for a time to strike. Perhaps the day may soon come when Asturica will know the end of dictatorship.

But for now, the Asturican people continue to suffer and are forced into loving their suffering. With any hope the end of the PPN's control over Asturica may soon be reality, though it is too early to say for certain.

Last edited:
Z8kYmXV.png

GOVERNMENT ANNOUNCES NEW DIPLOMATIC INITIATIVES
January 27, 2002

ak-antony-.1577020147.jpg

The State Curator announcing the new initiatives in Durban.

Earlier today, Hon'ble Rahul Sahab Ji - having been confirmed without serious opposition as SJP Party Supremo two weeks ago, made two major announcements heralded by many as the Empire's official return to the world stage after four months of seeming reticence on the part of the increasingly embattled Government following two major international relations scandals in quick succession. After rumors abounded following the recent Suavidici state visit to the Empire that this turnaround was on the horizon, it now seems that it has come to fruition.

The first of these is the announcement of a new treaty of alliance with the State of Iraelia, to be dubbed the Treaty of Adonai-Jireh. After the most recent Iraelian general election in which a coalition of left-wing, pan-Iterianist parties toppled the Conservative Party government and its allies, a referendum on both the monarchy and Iraelia's membership in the Sangatha followed - a key political promise from the more moderate member parties of the new governing coalition to their more left-leaning colleagues in order to cinch their participation. Said referendum resulted in Iraelians both ditching their monarchy and Sangatha membership due to, as many analysts have pointed out, both increasing pan-Iterianist sentiment amongst the Iraelian youth as well as the unfortunate timing of the referendum in relation to the scandal surrounding HM Government.

However, in what many conservative commentators have called a swift foreign policy victory for newly-affirmed State Curator Hon'ble Rahul Sahab Ji, the new Treaty of Adonai-Jireh has ensured that, while Iraelia has chosen to walk a new path, the ancient alliance and ties of friendship between the Empire and the sons of Yihud will continue. The treaty, which is now set for ratification by the Imperial Diet and the Iraelian Knesset within the week, establishes free trade between the Empire and Iraelia, lays out the orderly withdrawal by the Imperial Navy from its bases in the country, and creates new legal mechanisms allowing for Iraelia to make similar treaties with other members of the Sangatha if it so chooses.

Most importantly, however, is the new treaty's defense provisions. The treaty pledges a mutual commitment to friendly cooperation on all matters of defense, paving the way for future joint exercises and continued military and intelligence cooperation. However, this language also clearly nixes mandated mutual defense. "Difficult choices define the struggle for life." stated Iraelian Prime Minister Taneli Gadi following the announcement of the Treaty. "These were never black and white choices, but choices that weighed many important truths. All truths are true, even if we must make a choice between them. Iraelia has chosen its own path, but it's not a lonely one. Our friends, our allies, will be there with us."

The second announcement, meanwhile, was yet another confirmation of rumors, this time of a more specific variety. Following the highly publicized snub by the Principality of Kasu towards the Iterian League's Century Iteria initiative, rumors abounded in regards to the presence of Imperial representatives in Kang, the Kasugan capital, and whether this could lead to a historic improvement of relations between the two countries; relations which were usually considered for most of history thus far to be neutral, with generally little contact until the modern period. The announcement itself was of a treaty of alliance between the Empire and Kasu to be signed at a summit at Durban by the State Curator and the Prime Minister of Kasu, and therefore to be dubbed the Treaty of Durban.

The Treaty of Durban - similarly to the Treaty of Adonai-Jireh - would establish heightened military and economic cooperation - though not free trade - as well as laying the groundwork for Imperial assistance with the development of Kasugan telecommunications and Internet infrastructure, in particular for Imperial financing of the expansion of fiber-optic and broadband services within Kasu. The Durban summit, which will likely also include further diplomatic discussions on the future of the Imperial-Kasugan relationship, cultural exchanges, and other pleasantries, will likely occur sometime next month, just before the general election the month after.

IBC will continue to post updates on this topic as it evolves.

January 27, 2002

Share This Story!

THE DELACIAN EYE

NEW INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT ANNOUNCES OPENING IN DETRETA

by Matthew Aarons
on Feb 1st, 2021

DETRETA - Recently yesterday, the first commercial flight landed at Detreta's new international airport marking a milestone in the nations development of infrastructure. "It was surely a ton of hard work, but it was worth every nail and beam put into it" says project coordinator Jim Felado. The new Detreta Del'Mana International Airport serves the Greater Detreta area around the nations de-facto capital. It was created to supplement the smaller Detreta Brownlow Memorial Airport. It sports many terminals and areas for both domestic and international travel, with additional general aviation sections and cargo sectors. "This gives us a major opportunity." says Delacian United Airways chairman and CEO Edmond Richardson. "A major opportunity to expand."

Currently, the airport has been under construction for 6 years as the nation continued its expansion and development. The airport has brought a wave of excitement across the Greater Detreta area, as well as the nation as a whole. Although many are benefiting from and enjoying the airport, many are opposed to the airport. Many have spoken about the negative environmental impact from increased air travel despite the nations efforts to curb them. Others have criticized that emissions from aircraft could effect the health of many citizens living in the Greater Detreta metropolitan area. Nevertheless, the airport will serve Detreta and the nation for centuries to come.

Last edited:
NEW ALEMAN TODAY

NEW ALEMAN EMBASSY CLOSES IN NUOVA ANTOFAGOSTA AS BORDERS SEE RECORD MILITARY BUILDUP AND TRAINING EXERCISES

Dec 25th 2020
Earlier today at 7:30 AM The red banner of our Great Socialist Republic has lowered over the Nuova Antofagosta Embassy in Predice. The embassy staff is coming home for the holidays as the doors close for an undetermined amount of time. When inquired about the closing of the embassy, foreign affairs officials stated that
"The Embassy is an older building, it needs love and care to remain beautiful and a symbol of diplomacy. with the holidays most of our staff wanted to come home, it is the perfect time for thorough renovations. We have other ways of communicating to the Predicean state in this time."

The Embassy despite needing renovations has closed in a time where tensions with Predice are at a record high, and the military build-up on the border is the largest build-up seen to date. The Socialist Republics Armed Forces are performing constant land and air exercises in the border regions. and are expected to carry out their exercises for two more weeks, with today and new years eve being the only days where the exercises pause."

Mboto Jones announces Naizerri recognition of Tristainian Independence - Observers Confused
Mboto Jones took to the airwaves today to announce that the Marä of Naizerre would be formally recognising the independence of the Minotrian province of Tristain. The regional government of Tristain plans to hold an independence referendum, despite Mintoria's Constitutional Court ruling that such an action was illegal. Any such referendum going ahead will likely lead to conflict with the central government, led by Imperial Chancellor Wilhelm Städtler, whom Jones labelled "wandïrï", Sango for a foolish person.

Naizerre announced that they would accept a representative from Tristain's government as a recognised ambassador, and Jones announced a "längö tî matânga", a day of feasting and revelry to celebrate shared Naizerri-Tristain ties, though when pressed on what those ties are, a government spokesman later declined to comment.

9UxfONH.png

Statement from the Mondic government on the issue of Mintorian Tristain​
Upon hearing about the recent Imperial Court ruling in Mintoria, Sudo would like to voice its support for the Mintorian government. Under the Mintorian Constitution, secession is not authorized. Mondari also agreed with the Plembobrian Court's 2018 ruling in that, secession is not authorized under the [Plembobrian] Constitution. Permitting or supporting this illegal secession will only cause instability and a rise in tensions in the Craviterean region.
Jackson Campbell
Secretary of Foreign Relations and Trade

Last edited:
THE DAILY ARCANSTOTSKAN

YUMOVSK MAN STEALS HELICOPTER AND LANDS ON PROVINCIAL ASSEMBLY BUILDING TO SET UP BARBECUE ON ROOF, IS ARRESTED
By Yulian Zhirenkov | 2/6/2021
YUMOVSK - Yesterday was looking to be just another average day in the Yumovsk provincial assembly as the assembly members were preparing to discuss a finance reform. This however was interrupted at 11:32 AM by an extremely unexpected and unwelcome surprise visitor.

Lavro Korchagin, aged 39, according to several witnesses, drove through the gates of a local estate, abandoned his car and stole the estate owner's T1.2M helicopter. He then flew the helicopter back to his own house where, according to his girlfriend, he proceeded to pack his grill, propane tank, four pounds of steak, and other barbecue equipment before he flew into the provincial capital of Yukala.

By this time, local law enforcement authorities had already been made aware of the situation and were working to track Korchagin down. When they arrived at his place of residence, his girlfriend told them he planned to fly to the provincial assembly building in Yukala.

Korchagin touched down on the roof of the provincial assembly building at 11:32 AM just as the members of the assembly were starting their meeting. Upon his arrival, the members of the assembly were escorted outside and to a safe location, fearing that this was a malicious activity. However, upon landing, Korchagin immediately set out to set up his barbecue equipment, though he was ultimately unable to get his grill going.

Police of course had been on the scene as soon as Korchagin arrived. Soon after his arrival, Korchagin was taken into custody by police officers. Korchagin was subsequently charged for vehicle theft, trespassing, breaking and entering, and property damage. The stolen helicopter was thereafter returned to its owner.

gBQBuAQ.jpg

PRESIDENT NERBANGAL DENOUNCES KIAN UNION

PvpmWou.jpg

Following days of political rallies in our nation's capital, President Nerbangal has declared the Kian Union supported government of Stakhr to be an illegitimate organisation that does not represent the will of the people. The sovereign went on to criticise the Union, calling it an "Imperialist organisation fueled by greed and violence" he then produced a sheepherder puppy and held it aloft declaring "The Union is like this dog, weak and easily led! just like a dog, they chase their own tails and are enslaved to their instincts! A firm hand is needed to reign in these northern pillagers!"

Following the speech, the government formally declared that the territories of Stakhr liberated from the KU by the Ten Rings are to be recognized by Karzastan as the legitimate government of the people. The ministry of state encourages all citizens to contribute to patriotic efforts by purchasing locally made goods and destroying or handing in all goods that bear union origin.​

Last edited:

THE DELACIAN EYE

FIRST DELACIAN SPACE CENTER HAS BEGUN CONSTRUCTION

by Matthew Aarons
on Feb 8th, 2021

GESAN - This morning, the Delacian Space Exploration Administration (DEXA) announced construction of the new Gesan Space Center. The new space center will be capable of launching the first space mission from DEXA which will place a communications satellite into orbit. The facility will hold three launch pads and a vehicle assembly building for the assembly of launch vehicles. "This will usher in a new era. We will show the world that we are not weak!" says DEXA administrator Joseph Rodriguez.

The space center is said to be fully completed in late December of 2021, and to have it's launch facilities running by at least May. A launch vehicle is currently being planned to launch the first mission.

Maloria Today

Today, Haddick Co. and Halbert Oil Co. signed a deal with premier oil company Petrómont. In the deal signed today, Halbert Oil Co. is purchasing a significant stake in the oil reserves from Petrómont while the Haddick Co. has been given contract over the development of the oil infrastructure in the nation. Executives from both companies expressed their optimism with the deal with a spokesman for both companies stating, “This is a very big day for the people Montendria. Their people will be provided with good paying jobs and salaries that continually further an increase in the standard of living.”

The Imperial Government as well as the Ministry of Foreign Affairs released a statement today as well about the deal, saying, “We are happy in any way we can to help the Government of Montendria and we are committed to furthering the development of economic growth in Craviter.” The Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Haddick Co., and Halbert Oil Co. hinted at further deals in the future.

Z8kYmXV.png

GOVERNMENT AND CORPORATIONS SIGN DEALS IN MONTENDRIA
Februry 12, 2002

unknown.png

Corte-Real, the capital of the Republic of Montendria.

Ana Belen Durán, President of the Republic of Montendria, along with Hon'ble Rahul Sahab Ji, announced a new series of deals between the Empire and Montendria earlier today. Riding the wave of new foreign deals signed by HM Government in recent weeks, the State Curator reportedly began negotiations on the deal following initial reports of large Malorian corporations negotiating with Montendrian state oil company PetroMont. These reports were confirmed earlier today when Haddick Co. and Halbert Oil Co. signed deals giving them combined control over roughly 20% of Montendrian oil reserves.

Montedria has been a steadfast Imperial ally since the Empire brokered the Treaty of Kalety between its more longtime ally, the Republic of Caselania, and Montendria roughly four decades ago. In that time, the relationship between the two has deepened, despite the lingering tensions between Montendria and its immediate neighbors. Soon after independence, the Empire concluded a mutual defense agreement with Montendria that still lasts to this day, and the Imperial Investment Corporation began financial programs throughout the country to assist its continuingly beleaguered and generally impoverished population.

Now, however, it seems as if, thanks to Haddick and Halbert's investments, Pataliputra is stepping up its activities in the region. The first deal signed today not only gave IP control over 10% of Montendrian oil reserves, but 40% of Montendrian natural gas reserves. The second deal, meanwhile, commissioned the construction of a gas pipeline from Montendria to Janapadha. In addition, following the announcement of the deals, the Yamala Corporation announced one of its own, acquiring Montendrian phone manufacturer MontMobil and signing on to assist Montendria as a whole with telecommunications infrastructure. Reports seem to be indicating Alef Inc. is in the works of signing a telecommunications infrastructure deal of its own, but nothing has yet been confirmed.

"We look forward to working with the Empire as we have for many years, and we thank them for their generosity." said President Durán following the joint announcement. "These new shifts will create millions of jobs and help lift Montendrians out of poverty, and we can't wait to get started." The State Curator followed up, stating that "Ensuring the safety and security of our allies in Montendria is not just in our vital interests - it is a matter of human decency and compassion. It is time we took a more active role in our relationship with Montendria, and that starts today."

IBC will continue to post updates on this topic as it evolves.

February 12, 2002

Share This Story!

(Post approved by @Holdac)

RAP

RAP Sports announces new podcast hosted by web celebrities

By: Elisabetta Taglialetti

NUOVA ANTOFAGOSTA, Predice -- RAP's Sports division announced a new podcast called "Mostly a Sports Show", signing on 4 web celebrities who ran an internet podcast of the same name to host it.

What the show will be about

The Show, as the name suggests, will be covering the world of sports every week on Monday, beginning at 7:00PM and ending at 9:00PM.
Covered topics include Prydanian hockey all the way to Goyanean football.

The Hosts

The hosts, known to popular imagination as Mike, Zac, Greg and Andy met on a sports forum 11 years ago, becoming good friends. They began hosting their podcast "Mostly a Sports Show" 7 years ago, and though off to a slow start, they blew up in 2015, garnering over 3 million Viedéo subscribers by the end of that year. They are now one of the biggest sports podcasts on that platform, and have recieved international acclaim.

Back