The Phoenix Union

Much like the Empire of Maloria, the Grand Federation of Xentherida would also like to announce its withdrawal from the Phoenix Union; with its inactivity, and we have decided that it no longer forwards the interests of Xentherida. Henceforth, we would like to commence a one-month period to codify select portions of the PU law into our own, and to negotiate additional trade deals to other nations.

To the Assembled Representatives of the Phoenix Union:

A few weeks ago I gathered together my Lords Paramount and my senior cabinet members of the Waiczyn, and I posed a question to them: “What path should we forge for the future of Arrandal?” It was not an easy question to answer and few of us could agree on anything. One point of contention was that of our future with the Phoenix Union. Not all agreed with me when I sought out admission, but those who did were adamant in their position and lauded the benefits that membership would bring: friendship, allegiance, and economic might. Now, two years later, my people do not see the return on our investment that we’d hoped. We have since been split on the issue, should we stay or withdraw.

This is a decision that I could not make for my people, though the laws of our land give me that authority. So I put it to the representatives of the people. While some still believed in the Union, in the benefits membership would bring, the majority did not.

The conflicts within the Union, the conflicts outside the Union, and what some have seen as a lack of solidarity between members, were deciding factors in their decision. A decision that I will uphold.

So it is with hope for continued relations, but a desire to forge a new path, that I (with the consensus of my people) officially act. Hereby, the Kingdom of Arrandal, withdraws its membership from the Phoenix Union.

Jadzia Serafina Agata ze Calagvic-Valteren din Severyn-Walsthalkenkov,
Sovereign of the Arrand Peoples, King of Arrandal, Prince of Rycerzgrod, Prince of the Arranfels, Prince of the Vlakonval, Duke of Bravondiskraj, Duke of Constantja, Duke of Niantz, and Lady Paramount of the Waiczyn

Letter to the Phoenix Union:
HhZaMbp.png
This is not a letter I expected to write a few months ago when the Crowned Republic was admitted to the Union. Joining the alliance was extremely popular among the residents of the nation, and turnout was extremely high for the special elections to select delegates to send to Pataliputra. Highton joined this Union with hopes of strengthening ties with nearby nations more established on the global stage, and the hope was that both parties would benefit. There were six other members, all of which Highton believed could help towards this goal, but as I write this five of them have left the alliance leaving just two members. Despite the enthusiasm and faith for this Union felt by the majority of the Hightonian people since admission, we must face the fact that this Union can no longer sustain itself.

Therefore, it is with a heavy heart that I am forced to announce that by an 84-11 vote in the Legislature, the Crowned Republic of Highton will withdraw from the Phoenix Union upon the Fourteenth of August, Two Thousand and Eighteen. Despite the departure, the Crowned Republic wishes to maintain and strengthen relations with all current and former members of the Phoenix Union and hopes the end of this experiment is not the end of our united goal of a more stable Craviter. In her speech last week at the Phoenix Union's most recent discussion, Ms. Lucie Marquette hoped the Union could rise from the ashes like it's namesake. However, we believe that is no longer possible following the departures of several other members.

It has been an honor to participate in this Union. This is not something I wanted to write, but it is my duty as Secretary of International Affairs to do so on behalf of the Crowned Republic. We hope recent events will not stifle the future of our nation, the Craviter, and the whole of Eras.

Antonio Fernández
Secretary of International Affairs, Crowned Republic of Highton

Message- circa August 13:
FIHVQ34.png
DECLARATION OF DEPARTURE FROM THE PHOENIX UNION

The Phoenix Union was an experiment, and an ambitious one at that. In the interest of promoting and preserving peace and stability in Craviter, it was created barely two years ago. At first, it fulfilled its goal, however as time marched on it became more fragile, and eventually even fractious. The Union was unable to act properly in the face of a rapidly changing world, yet still its members persevered.

Despite this, the fractiousness within the Phoenix Union's legislature grew, and as a result many a bond between member states grew and has grown less strong. This is the exact opposite of what the Phoenix Union was created to promote. Now, what sharply increasing amounts of members of the Imperial public and government have believed to be an inevitability has occurred. Times change, and so must we.

Therefore, in the interest of marching boldly into the future and of working to restore good faith, stability, and optimism across Craviter; by the mandate of His Majesty the Emperor, made in unison of opinion with the will of His Majesty's Government, the Empire will be departing from the Phoenix Union, effective tomorrow, August 14th.

Rahul Khanna
Secretary of State of the Syrixian Empire

Back