Trillium Accord

The Council of Knowledge of The Rose Forum had appointed Mr. Aiden Falk as the League's representative to the Trillium Council. He listened intently as the Kannexan representative, Ms. Nikola Vantas, outlined the issues facing Pelhafor and the declaration of war from the Armed Republic of Cogoria. Thinking to himself: "well, the League could always send in Peacekeepers to help clean up and stabilize the situation ... no, that would be a terrible idea without a clearer picture of what is going happening on the ground ... thank god for our neutrality in that it prevents us from being dragged into these petty squabbles unless we choose to help." Sitting up straighter, Aiden addressed the assembled representatives: "while The Rose League is fully aware of the recent declaration of war from the Armed Republic of Cogoria on the State of Pelhafor we are not fully aware of the situation on the ground and as such are not willing to commit any resources until a more clear picture of the situation has been presented. Who is fighting whom in Pelhafor and what role are the Cogorians trying to play in all of this?"

Nikola Vantas nodded. The Kannexan delegate pressed a remote control, and a presentation screen clicked into power. The light beamed into focus and showed several pictures, among them the map of Pelhafor with its Six Provinces and images of the military men rumored to be running Pelhafor.

"As far as we know, a coup d'etat occurred in Pelhafor three weeks ago after a round of anti-government protests. At least twenty thousand protesters are estimated to have marched on the capital Zarya. Given the political chaos we cannot verify who fired the first shot, or whether this was a genuine coup attempt or not...

"President Hermann, the Pelhaforan President, was reported killed in the coup attempt. Subsequently, a group of Pelhaforan generals invoked the state of emergency and took control of the Pelhaforan state apparatus. The generals call themselves the National Peace Council and are led by a General Staubmeyer -- they have controlled Pelhafor since then.

"The National Peace Council has stated they are defending Pelhafor against communist revolutionaries, a claim which has been bolstered by the recent air raid by Cogoria on the Pelhaforan coast. Currently, the Armed Republic of Cogoria has made explicit calls in support of a communist revolution in Pelhafor."

Gareth Kol had been tasked with Chairing the Trillium Council on behalf of Ceretis. Not even having unpacked his personal effect in his office there was already turmoil in TNP. 'Trial by fire' he thought to himself as he watched the presentation by the Kannexian delegate. The intelligence department of the republic hadn't been able to make heads or tails so far on the situation in Pelhafor. Not long ago it seemed the fledgling democracy was stable enough, then a rather sudden burst of activity in such a short period of time. Who could have guessed there would be a coup, attacks on civilians, and an air battle between communist forces and the new Pelhaforan government in such quick succession.

A message flashed across the screen of the encrypted comm built into Kol's desk. <Carrier Task Force 33 and Surface Action Group 16 have been deployed by KRPACCOM...> He read through the rest of the dispatch between the various points in Ms. Vantas's presentation. When she had finished, Gareth paused for a moment taking in the all the information. Leaning forward he started "Thank you Ms. Vantas, the people of Ceretis have been watching the events unfold with a bit of hesitance thus far due to the rather murky situation. I'm glad you could assist in clearing up the information a bit for all of us present, and hope you keep us in the loop as more information becomes available. I would like to add that a short while ago our Department of Defense, on the advice from the Office of Strategic Services has directed the Ceretian Navy to deploy forces to the area should the their services be needed. Your people should know that they are not alone in the desire to maintain peace and stability in the region so close to the Kannexian homeland. Let us know if there is some way we may be of assistance."

Looking over at the representative from Esplandia "On a similar note, is there any further news on the situation in Tajis? Last we understood the situation in Pelhafor may have ties to the recent events across the border?"

Michael Fitzpatrick felt a bit out of sorts. The ink on the signatures for the accord hadn't even dried and already there was a possibility of needing to call up troops. He hoped it didn't come to that. He thanked the Ceretin chairman Kol (he had to check his notes to make sure) and then answered as best he could.

'We are unsure of the exact situation developing in Tajis. Riots after elections are common, but initial reports from the Tajin government paints a convincing picture of communist aid. Though the Tajin security agency has not found any ties to Pelhafor, they are not ruling anything out.'

He paused, shuffling through some notes while he considered what he would say next. 'With the military in the middle of reorganizing our troops to best aid the RAC, we won't be able to provide any military support currently. However our carrier the Queen Catheryn is currently near Port Auguston and can provide air support to Pelhafor if needed.'

Nikola Vantas gave a curt bow of the head, an oriental gesture of respect and gratitude. Vantas looked Teutonic enough, with clear-white skin and blonde hair, but as most Kannexans, she bore influence from the customs of North Kannex. "On behalf of the Kannexan Government, I thank you for your support. We currently await the Cogorian response -- their reaction will dictate Kannex's plan of action. As always, we pray for peace -- and security." She spared a brief glance at her papers, then continued to address her fellow delegates. "I propose a general resolution from the Trillium Council to the effect of warding off Cogorian aggression. If the whole might of the Trillium Alliance appears against Cogoria, she may hesitate to act rashly."

Aiden listened to the responses given by the Ceretin, Esplandian and Kannexan ambassadors and was shaking his head in dismay by the time Ms. Vantas was speaking again. Quickly realizing that the situation was deteriorating and could escalate much more beyond what was already happening, Aiden looked over his notes before addressing everyone. "As you are all aware, The Rose League is a fully neutral entity that protects the neutrality, peace and security of the nation's of Kalti, Callaici and Andalucia. As such, we will not take a side in condemning or not condemning Cogoria over their recent action yet we acknowledge that the condemnation is the most prudent path forward in the face of Cogoria showing no regard for the national sovereignty of Pelhafor. For the time being, one division of Peacekeepers from Callaici has been put on standby and is ready to act should they be needed. At the moment, my superiors and I see no reason to send our forces into a war which may exasperate the problems already there. However, should the Alliance members choose to get involved and require the use of our Peacekeepers, we shall provide aid to help facilitate an end to hostilities and act as mediators between the varying sides."

"Quite true Mr. Falk, we agree that the current situation has the potential to escalate much further especially with the internal faction fighting in both Pelhafor and Tajis as well as the outside intervention of Cogoria in Pelhafor. I can assure you that the movement of the type of forces into the area by our military does not mean we seek war. Instead it gives us options; the type of options we need in the area to potentially avert war. The additional forces in the area though should signify that we are ready to act should those involved choose otherwise. Had our military decided there was no chance for peaceful resolution, they would have sent in a far different type and quantity of military forces and we would not be talking at this time about the 'potential' for war."

"I would at this time like to thank the League for preparing peacekeeping forces should the need arise, your people's kindness continues to show. Let us hope there will be no need for great intervention."

Taking a sip of water Gareth turned his attention to the Esplandian representative "Thank you Mr. Fitzpatrick for updating us on the events in Tajis, we hope there will be no further violence. Please keep us informed of any updates if the situation should change. Regarding the placement of additional forces in the area... I believe we have enough there and en route to carry out whatever actions are needed and to show this situation has our attention. Addition of further forces most likely would not benefit the situation at this time. We thank your people though for offering the services of the Carrier Queen Catheryn if the need arises."

"Ms. Vantas, I agree with you and with Mr. Falk regarding a resolution from the Council 'to the effect of warding off' further aggression. I recognize that the Rose League, in order to maintain neutrality, will not be joining us as a signatory on the document. If Mr. Fitzpatrick agrees, let us choose our words carefully, but still be resolute, and hope that these words might begin to build a bridge to peace. Since you brought the matter forward Ms. Vantas, might you have a draft started?"

Pausing for a moment before ceding the floor to further discussion Gareth sought to make his position more apparent. "Delegates, I seek that the message we pass to the Corogan government is firm, but does not seek to incite further action. They are to know that our forces do not seek war but will not back down should there be no better path. We must make clear our interest in ending these hostilities between them and the people of Pelhafor before it devolves further. The people in Pelhafor must be free to choose their destiny. The Pelhaforans can not easily unwind these recent events when the specter of war looms over their head, or threat of outside influence seeks to put its thumb on the political scale!"

"We must move swiftly to end this situation with the Corogans so attention may be given to the unrest in Pelhafor. We can not allow a nation, a people, so close to Kannen Reich to tear themselves apart, nor can we allow a foreign influence to descend upon them like wolves all for ideological gain. It is my intention, with the approval of the membership, that we open discussions with the Corogan government to bring this incident to an end. I hope they will hear our call for peace, but they should as well not take our words for those of weakness. What say you all?" With that Kol sat back in his chair.

Aiden excused himself from the discussion and stepped out of the room to make a call to Tribune Johan, who was in charge of the division of Callaician Peacekeepers that had been put on standby. The conversation was kept very brief but mainly focused on calling up a small contingent, a team of ten people, as military observers. After finalizing the details of these military observers, Aiden returned to the room.

"Mr. Kol, your proposals are sound and I see no issue with the way you want to proceed. Having said that, I just got off the phone with Tribune Johan, one of our officers who is in charge of the Callaician Peacekeepers I had mentioned were put on standby. The two of us agreed that it would be best to form a team of ten people to act as military observers. These ten Peacekeepers are part of a group known within the League as the Crimson Berets and are made up of military observers, military advisers and liaison officers. They are strictly impartial and hold the League's neutrality in the highest regard but their main role centers on implementing peace agreements, negotiating between the parties involved and preventing a dangerous escalation of conflicts. Should at any time you wish to utilize them, let me know."

Fitzpatrick considered all the proposals that had been put forward, and nodded in agreement. He was glad that his counterparts were moving towards a peaceful solution. "I believe that we should be firm with Cogoria and we must let them know their aggressive actions will not stand. War must be averted, especially with the unrest in Pelhafor and Tajis, but we must also show the world that the Accord will back its promises to its members. The world is watching us, looking to see if we can stand apart from the failures of the old alliances and the bureaucracy of the DU and NPTO. We must proceed confidently and cautiously forward. I second Mr. Kol's proposal to open discussions with Cogoria."

Nikola Vantas nodded. "We are in favor of seeking a peaceful solution to the Pelhaforan crisis. The Kannexan Government is in favor of opening peace talks with the Armed Republic of Cogoria."

Resolution 1:
The Trillium Council,

Concerned with the continuing internal and external violence surrounding the State of Emergency in the State of Pelhafor,

Noting that the volatile situation in the State of Pelhafor may have a destabilizing effect on neighboring nations and the region as a whole, and possessing the utmost wish to avoid that scenario,

Concerned that the precarious situation in the State of Pelhafor is ripe for exploitation by foreign nations wishing to advance their own agenda,

Stressing that any foreign intervention in the Pelhaforan crisis with force of arms will only exacerbate the suffering for the people of Pelhafor, and prolong the violence and instability in Pelhafor and the surrounding region,

hereby

RECOGNIZES the sincere desire of the Cogorian people to promote freedom of political choice and desire of the Pelhaforan people to have a voice in their government;

APPEALS to the compassion and even mindedness of the people and government of the Armed Republic of Cogoria;

CONDEMNS the recent aerial attack by the Armed Republic of Cogoria on the State of Pelhafor as an unnecessary and destabilizing act of aggression;

CALLS UPON the Armed Republic of Cogoria to retract its declaration of war as well as its threats against the State of Pelhafor, and to respect the national sovereignty thereof;

IMPLORES all parties involved to seek a peaceful solution to the Pelhaforan crisis, in accordance with international norms and the interests of peace and stability in the world, so that the State of Pelhafor may return to a status of peace, security, democracy, and rule of law as soon as possible;

REAFFIRMS the Trillium Alliance's continued reverence for the rule of law, democracy, and the use of peaceful means in international diplomacy.

Esplandia affirms this resolution in condemnation of the Cogorian actions.

In the name of His Majesty Sherwin IV de Dracosta,
King of Esplandia

His Representative,
Michael Fitzpatrick

Looking over the document he subconsciously gave a slight nod of approval. "This looks good, I believe it conveys our message. If none of the members see any changes they would like to suggest, I believe we should put this forward. I also still urge that we as well send to them a message seeking a cease fire and request they allow the Trillium to assist in negotiating a peace between the people of Cogoria and those of Pelhafor."

Reporters from across The North Pacific and global news wire services gathered in the press room at the Trillium Alliance Headquarters. They had been told there would be a brief news release regarding the situation in Pelhafor. It was the usual sort of press room, an inoffensive backdrop with the alliance's seal prominently displayed. The flags of the member states neatly set in a row of stands on either side of the great seal. A slender minimalist podium stood waiting for the arrival of a speaker.

The representatives of the alliance walked out from back stage each taking their place in front of their nation's flag save for Gareth, whom as Chairman stood at the podium. "Good afternoon everybody, it's nice to see you all, and we thank you for being here. This briefing will be shorter than usual, though I'm sure many of you have a long list of questions regarding recent events, but we'll hold those until the end. We'll cut right to the heart of the matter." Kol waited as attendants began passing folders out to the attendees, and gave a couple moments for the press to look through the documents. "In your packets you'll find a basic update of the events thus far for the situation surrounding the unrest in Pelhafor and Tajis. You'll also find a copy of 'Resolution 1' regarding the recent attack on the sovereign state of Pelhafor." Gareth read the resolution into the record...
Resolution 1:
tG7lEnGh.gif
The Trillium Council,

Concerned with the continuing internal and external violence surrounding the State of Emergency in the State of Pelhafor,

Noting that the volatile situation in the State of Pelhafor may have a destabilizing effect on neighboring nations and the region as a whole, and possessing the utmost wish to avoid that scenario,

Concerned that the precarious situation in the State of Pelhafor is ripe for exploitation by foreign nations wishing to advance their own agenda,

Stressing that any foreign intervention in the Pelhaforan crisis with force of arms will only exacerbate the suffering for the people of Pelhafor, and prolong the violence and instability in Pelhafor and the surrounding region,

hereby

RECOGNIZES the sincere desire of the Cogorian people to promote freedom of political choice and desire of the Pelhaforan people to have a voice in their government;

APPEALS to the compassion and even mindedness of the people and government of the Armed Republic of Cogoria;

CONDEMNS the recent aerial attack by the Armed Republic of Cogoria on the State of Pelhafor as an unnecessary and destabilizing act of aggression;

CALLS UPON the Armed Republic of Cogoria to retract its declaration of war as well as its threats against the State of Pelhafor, and to respect the national sovereignty thereof;

IMPLORES all parties involved to seek a peaceful solution to the Pelhaforan crisis, in accordance with international norms and the interests of peace and stability in the world, so that the State of Pelhafor may return to a status of peace, security, democracy, and rule of law as soon as possible;

REAFFIRMS the Trillium Alliance's continued reverence for the rule of law, democracy, and the use of peaceful means in international diplomacy.

... he could see the press practically writing as they wanted to be the first to ask questions. "Again I want to affirm that we stand united and are committed to lasting peace and stability in the region for all parties. We are working diligently though to seek an equitable solution as events unfold. We will allow for follow up questions to any of the representatives as time allows..." The press eagerly worked to get in as many questions as possible before the briefing was called to a close, but the position of the Trillium Alliance regarding the recent attack was made clear by their resolution.

As the other delegates filed into the room Kol sat reviewing his notes. Taking their seats he began, "Representatives, good to see you all again. I would like to confirm that the Cogorian government will be participating in the peace talks. We have been provided with a copy of the ceasefire by their ambassador, and they have requested negotiation begin immediately as their workforce wishes to return to peacetime activities as soon as possible. The packets in front of you contain their current list of requests as well as a copy of the ceasefire and other particulars garnered during the talks including footage of the attacks by the Pelhaforan government on civilians that has been provided by the Cogorians for your review. All of these documents and media have been entered into the official record. We understand a similar copy of this information, except for the recordings of civilian incidents, has already been transmitted to the government of Kannex by the ambassador."

He paused briefly giving the representatives a few moments to look over the information.
cogoria__231127.png

The Armed Republic of Cogoria, though feeling justified in her actions shall cease all military operations immediately against the territory of Pelhafor and the Kannexan Reich, pending the completion of negotiations between the opposing powers. All forces currently opperating within Pelhafor shall stand down, and all planned operations postponed indefinitely. The Cogorian forces in international waters shall not engage in hostile activities.
The issuing of this declaration does not preclude Cogorian personnel from acting in self defence. All Cogorian armed forces shall respond to any hostile provocation with immediate and deadly force. Following any hostile provocation the Cogorian military forces designated "Pelhaforan Front" Shall resume and carry out all delayed, postponed and planned operations, military personnel within Pelhafor will pursue their original objectives and it will be assumed that a state of war exists between Cogoria and the belligerent parties.
Signed: Marshall Kuznetsov
Commander of the "Pelhaforan Front"
1.The return of all Cogorian dead from Operation Hammer
2. permission for a salvage fleet to enter Pelhaforan waters to recover the dead still onboard wrecked aircraft
3. Return of ALL P.O.Ws to Cogoria
4. Repatriation of any personnel trapped in Pelhafor
5. The elections in Pelhafor be declared illegal.
6. New elections to be held with participation of ALL parties
7. Cogoria shall be permitted to send a force of 100 (one hundred) observers to ensure elections are carried out legally
8. Kannex shall provide a force of 100 (one hundred) observers to ensure elections are carried out legally
9. A neutral power agreed upon by Cogoria and Kannex shall provide a force of 500 (five hundred) observers to ensure elections are carried out legally.
10. General Staubemyer shall be detained and face an international court to face the consequences for his crimes.
11. Cogoria shall be granted a plot of land on the coast to construct a naval base, in order to ensure further crimes against the workers of Pelhafor will not be carried out in the future.
"The Ceretian Secretary of State has discussed particulars with the Cogoran ambassador regarding the talks. Since recently establishing an embassy and signing a neutrality agreement with the Rose League, they believe the League represents a viable option for heading the peace talks. They are open to having the Rose League negotiate the peace talks, and have taken the League up on their offer to host the event as well. If this is acceptable to members and the League, this is acceptable as well to my government. The Cogorans have also mentioned they will be sending their Foreign Minister Ivan Barishnikov to negotiate on behalf of their government's position. Are there any questions or comments?"

<<<OOC: The previous posts regarding the Pelhaforan Emergency are to be considered suspended until further notice (Return of Kannex / key RP members for the resolution of the Pelhaforan Emergency are present and willing/able to complete the Pelhaforan Emergency thread.) The Pelhaforan Emergency IC is to be regarded as past and having been satisfactorily resolved.>>

<<IC canon story for the Accord and those involved in the conflict is currently recognized as ending in a cease-fire and draw down of hostilities between Cogoria and Pelhafor (Kannex protectorate) resulting in temporary peace until such time that a more permanent lasting peace could be secured.>>>
KEY RELATED THREADS:​

The Empire of Kannex will place 90% of all its armed forces on Rapid Action Contingent status, for the protection of her dear allies Ceretis and Esplandia.

(OOC: Not returning to RP YET, but just making sure nobody messes with above two nations.)

TRILLIUM ACCORD
For the defense of security, peace, and liberty.

tG7lEnGh.gif

The Trillium Alliance, seeking greater cooperation and opportunities for all, looks to expand Alliance Membership and Stellae Partners for Peace (SPP) participation within The North Pacific. We begin by extending a direct invitation of Alliance Membership:
Ilian Coalition
The Grand Federation of Xentherida
The Grandioso Dinastía of Kaschovia

As well we seek nations interested in closer participation, though not sharing all our common interests. We hope they may wish to draw closer ties by joining the Stellae Partners for Peace. In this spirit extend a direct invitation of SPP Membership:
The Chronosynclastic Infundibulm of Sadakoyama

It is our hope that any and all like minded nations across The North Pacific may read our charter and connect with us to join our cause through direct membership or SPP membership.

May this invitation find you all well as we look toward a greater tomorrow.

Gareth Kol
Chairman of the Trillium Council

The Grand Federation of Xentherida accepts its invitation to become a member of the Trillium Accord. Our representative to the Alliance will be Sofia Nordin.

The Trillium Alliance welcomes the Grand Federation of Xentherida. We look forward to meeting Rep. Sofia Nordin, and offices are being prepared at the alliance headquarters in Tver, Ceretis.

Gareth Kol

To: Trillium Council; Tver, Ceretis
From: Adina Icorena, Chairman of the High Authority ; Helena Ielen, Chairman of the Foreign Directorate

After being brought to a vote by the Speaker of the Lower Houses and a Vote in the High Authority. The Office of the Chairman would like to inform your organization that:

The Unified Assembly of the League has passed the Accord by 386 of the required 327 votes needed to compel Prime Minister Denelis of the League to sign the Accord

The Unified Council of the Alliance has passed the Accord by 349 of the required 294 votes needed to compel President Cazzera of the Alliance to sign the Accord.

and finally The High Authority of the Coalition has passed the Accord by 137 of the required 106 votes needed to compel myself and the Foreign Director to sign the Accord.

~ Adina Icorena, Chairman of the High Authority of the Greater Coalition.

With open arms the Trillium Alliance welcomes the Ilian Coalition and we look forward to the arrival of your representative. Offices are being prepared at the headquarters in Tver, Ceretis.

Gareth Kol

To: All Trillium Accord Members
Re: Sharing of Defensive Measures

I am here on behalf of my husband, Aiden Falk, who is currently in talks with the members of The Senate as well as the Joint Chiefs of Staff of the Rose Armed Forces. Their meeting has been about the sharing of defensive measures that The Rose League utilizes to defend the homelands. While we traditionally do not share our defensive technologies with the rest of the world for a variety of reasons, the Joint Chiefs have realized that a greater level of cooperation and friendship can be gained with our allies by sharing some technologies but not all. The Rose Armed Forces utilize two different missiles shields, the Shield of Niamh (Sciath na Niamh) for Kalti and the Shield of Heilyn (Sgiath de Heilyn) for Andalucia. As I had just mentioned, each Shield system is made up of three components… there is the Cromen Haearn (Iron Dome) which is comprised of two mobile all-weather air defense systems - Argia for the interception of artillery shells and short range rockets and Ilun for the interception of short to medium range rockets. The last component is called Izar which utilizes two missiles - Horizon-2 for the atmospheric interception of ballistic missiles and cruise missiles and Boundless-2 for the exo-atmospheric interception of ballistic missiles and ICBM’s. I have prepared a brief summary of all three systems that is being passed around the room right now.

Please take a look over the document, debate among yourselves, reach out to your governments if you need to and let me know which missile defense systems you would like. Do keep in mind that we are only willing to share either the entire Cromen Haearn (Iron Dome) system or just the Izar system so whichever of the two gets more votes for shall be the one shared.

Argia
[c]
Ilun
[c]
Izar
[c]
  • Laser air defense system
  • C-RAM (counter rocket, artillery and mortar)
  • Max range of 15 miles
[c]
  • Short range air defense system
  • C-RAM (counter rocket, artillery and mortar)
  • Max range of 50 miles
[c]
  • Medium to long range SAM (surface to air missile)
    and ABM (anti-ballistic missile)
  • Max range of 200 miles

Caitrin Falk
Husband of Representative Aiden Falk
The Rose League

Ceretis:

TRILLIUM ACCORD
For the defense of security, peace, and liberty.

tG7lEnGh.gif

The Trillium Alliance, seeking greater cooperation and opportunities for all, looks to expand Alliance Membership and Stellae Partners for Peace (SPP) participation within The North Pacific. We begin by extending a direct invitation of Alliance Membership:
Ilian Coalition
The Grand Federation of Xentherida
The Grandioso Dinastía of Kaschovia

As well we seek nations interested in closer participation, though not sharing all our common interests. We hope they may wish to draw closer ties by joining the Stellae Partners for Peace. In this spirit extend a direct invitation of SPP Membership:
The Chronosynclastic Infundibulm of Sadakoyama

It is our hope that any and all like minded nations across The North Pacific may read our charter and connect with us to join our cause through direct membership or SPP membership.

May this invitation find you all well as we look toward a greater tomorrow.

Gareth Kol

Our nation thanks the members of the Stellae Partners for Peace, and we wish to assure them of our continued interest in their work and ideals. Our people share many of the same hopes and goals and we look forward to working together in the future. However, this is an inconvenient time due to internal issues we do not wish to share at this time, and we beg your patience with us. International cooperation is something of a new road for us, and progress will take time.

SM Harper Wade Addison, DDOE

The Grand Dynasty of Kaschovia accepts its invitation to become a member of the Trillium Accord. Our representative to the Alliance will be Leonardo Salvetor.

The Trillium Alliance welcomes The Grand Dynasty of Kaschovia and look forward to meeting Rep. Leonardo Salvetor, currently offices are being prepared at the alliance headquarters in Tver, Ceretis for your delegation's use.

Gareth Kol

SM Harper Wade Addison, DDOE; on behalf of the Trillium Accord members we thank you and your people for their continued interest in our organization and that which we seek. It is understandable that there is a time and place for all things, and certain matters take precedent before others may proceed. The invitation for your people to join shall remain available and we look forward to your future consideration.

We extend to your people our best regards in your current endeavors and hope for a speedy resolution. May all things go according to the wishes of those who hear it.

Gareth Kol

My fellow delegates to this august body, it is known among us that our current standing documents are deficient. They lack a clear direction and the foundation they are built upon is shaky at best. The fact our organization is fractured into two separate documents in itself is a mildly troubling showing disunity in our ranks. Though with reviewing the charter it can not be edited it due to a build in bullet shield against any attempts to review it. As such I would like to propose my own solution to this issue the nations mentioned in the document I propose withdraw from the Trillium Accord and its Charter and SPP Charter. And to ratify the Trillium Compact and its Collandris Protocol.

Proposed Trillium Protocol:
Preface
The Parties of this Treaty, hereby affirm their unified commitment to the common cause of the promotion of fundamental freedoms and human rights, as well as the safeguarding of freedom, justice, and peace. We seek to preserve the values of democracy and shun coercion, intimidation and the use of force as instruments of diplomacy in a civilized world. We shall promote the establishment of free institutions and sound governance of a stable and democratic nature in all our Members. We shall endeavor to promote peace and well-being through strengthening economic ties and relations between democratic organizations. Furthermore, we affirm our commitment to the principles of human rights and our respect for national sovereignty, political self-determination and the use of peaceful means to resolve disputes.

Article 1 - Membership In the Compact
Membership in the Compact shall be separated into three levels of membership:
  • - Trillium Signatories (Compact Members)
    • - Compact Members shall be bound to all the decisions made by the Trillium Council
    • - Compact Members are eligible for full participate in the Rapid Deployment Plan
    • - Compact Members can be accepted into the alliance by a simple majority vote of the Council (50%+1 Vote)
  • - Stellae Signatories (Associate Members)
    • - Associate Members, have access to full participation in the programs of the Compact, but have the freedom to opt-out of Military/Defense programs of the Accord while retaining voting rights in the Council.
    • - Associate Members are eligible for participation in the Rapid Deployment Plan’s Humanitarian Aid Division.
    • - Associate Members can be accepted into the alliance by a super majority of the Council (66%+1 Vote)
  • - Non-Member Status (Observer States)
    • - Observers States have the ability to engaging in discussion, but are barred from voting in the Council and are further barred from participation in Compact Programs without a special exemption from the Council.
    • - Observer States must be accepted to their status by at least simple majority of the council (50%+1 Vote)
Membership in the Compact in any of the three levels mentioned above can be suspended from the Compact with a simple majority (50%+1 vote) and during the suspension period can be removed from the Compact with a week of deliberation in the Council and a further vote with a super majority (66%+1 vote).

Article 2 - Mutual Defense of the Accord
While the Member-States of the Compact have come to the agreement that war is not an acceptable policy for resolution of international disputes, the nations present also recognize that not every nation shall accept this premise. The Full Members of this Compact maintain the right to self-defense and as such are bound to defend other Member-States of this Compact, both Full Members and Associate Members. While Associate Members are not bound to the defense of Full Members, they are urged to join the Compact in its collective defense efforts.

Article 3 - Rapid Deployment
Named the “Trillium Rapid Deployment Group”, the TRDG is the Official Joint Military Force of the Compact, consisting of Volunteer Divisions from the Military and Paramilitary Forces of the Member-States of the Compact. The leadership of the TRDG shall be approved by the Full Members of the Council and shall be divided into two separate operational divisions described below.
  • - Self-Defense Division
    • - Based out of Eborum, Esplandia, Hasfradic League
    • - The S.D.D. is responsible for the immediate response and defense of a Member-State until the Military Forces of the Accord can fully respond to a threat against the sovereignty of a Member-State.
  • - Humanitarian Aid Division
    • - Based out of Piast, Ceretis
    • - The H.A.D. is responsible for management and oversight of Humanitarian Aid Missions to Compact and Non-Compact States across the World of Eras as decided by the Council of the Accord.

Article 4 - Trillium Compact Initiatives
  • Initiative of Cultural Exchange
    Members of the Compact assist one another in better understanding each other’s national culture. The hope is that an exchange of cultural knowledge shall assist in preventing any misunderstanding from arising. Furthermore, there shall be a sharing of select cultural outreach programs. These programs are to include exhibitions of cultural material and the distribution of cultural media.
  • Initiative of Scientific Research
    Members of the Compact assist one another in an exchange of existing knowledge as well as cooperating in the research of new technology and ideas for the benefit of all. Furthermore, Members may assist one another in the formation of new research facilities and share their use in the furthering the pursuits of the mind.
  • Initiative of Travel
    Members of the Compact shall work to lessen the barriers of travel for the people’s of their nation as well as the people’s of the nation’s of the Trillium Compact.
  • Initiative of Economy
    Members of the Compact shall work to reduce and remove as many trade barriers as possible allowing greater freedom in the movement of goods. Furthermore, Members shall cooperatively identify and remedy difficulties present in the exchange of goods including but not limited to communication, currency exchange, fast tracking of regulatory requirements, and assisting in locating potential goods and services needed by other Members.

Article 5 - Governance of the Accord
This Compact shall be governed by a Council of Representatives of each Compact Member and Associate Member of this treaty. Officially known as the Trillium Commission, this body shall consist of one legally designated representative of each nation and shall follow the below rules:
  • - While each member-state shall be considered equal within the Council and have the power to call votes, the Council shall designate a Speaker to announce the end of voting and to act as the public face of the Compact.
  • - Votes shall be conducted after two members of the accord motion a proposal to a vote, and shall be conducted for 5 days, or until each member of the Council has cast a vote.
  • - This Council shall physically meet in the former Headquarters of the Trillion Accord in Tver, Ceretis

Article 6 - Ratification of the Treaty
The initial member-states of this treaty shall be as followed:
  • The Kingdom Republic of the Ceretis ; Full Member
  • The Grand Federation of Xentherida; Full Member
  • The League of Hastfradic Nations; Full Member
  • The Coalition of the Greater Ilian Region; Full Member
    -
  • The Merillian League of Kalti & Andalucia; Stellae Member
This treaty shall come into effect once a Legal Representative of each of these Fives Nations have signed the treaty. This treaty shall also act as a mutual agreement to replace the Trillium Accord Charter and the Stellae Partnership for Peace Charter.

Article 7 - Miscellaneous Provisions
Provision 6a
We declare hereby that none of our existing obligations and treaties stand in contradiction to this Collandris Protocol, and we pledge to not enter into any treaties or obligation that will contradict the terms of this Treaty.

Provision 6b
This above Treaty shall be translated into the national languages of all member-states with each version being officially reproduced and distributed to all member-states of this organization with the official version being a Mercanti-Version located within the Headquarters of the Compact.

~Marcella Kelona

Caitrin de Oliveira, the Merilian League representative to the Trillium Accord looked over the proposed changes made by Marcella Kelona, the Ilian representative to the Trillium Accord. After having read through everything, she responded, "Senhora Kelona, your proposal to reorganize and re-brand the Trillium Accord as the Trillium Compact has my full backing. For too long have the Accord and the Stellae Partners operated under different banners. It is high time that we unify both sides and the new charter accomplishes that goal. Seeing as the Merilian League can still sign on as a Stellae Signatory, I'm fully confident in having both Prime Minister Nightsong and Prime Minister Avelar sign off and ratify it."

Donal Fitzpatrick read through the the proposal and liked what he saw. He spoke up and seconded the Merillian League's approval. 'This is a far stronger and better written charter which fixes many flaws which we've come to notice over the last year. It is a good document and Esplandia..' he paused '...nay the entire Hastfradic League, will gladly get behind. We support the Illian's efforts wholeheartedly.'

The Xentheridan delegate, Magnus Jansson, had been silent until now, but, as he read the new protocol, he found his opportunity to speak up.

"We too find this proposal suitable for a reorganisation of the Trillium Accord, and, much like the honourable delegates of the Hastfridic League and Merillian League, we find it far stronger than the previous charter. Xentherida will gladly sign this new protocol."

Gareth read through the proposal put forward by delegate Kelona. It certainly was more toward the spirit intended by the Trillium Accord, but in a far more sleek and easy to follow document.

"I have to concur with the other members of the Trillium, this new Trillium Compact and Collandris Protocol appear to be the next step forward for our distinguished organization. With this refined compact and protocol, we are not rejecting our past as the Trillium Accord, but evolving into the next, and greater phase, one of superior harmony."

Finishing one last read through, he could find very little that would cause hesitation back home for ratification. "If there is no objection or further business on the matter I recommend we advance this proposal to our respective national bodies for official ratification."

Back