RolePlay Moderator
-
Deputy Speaker
-
-
-
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
So the European Championships in football/soccer are right around the corner and I figured we could do a fun thing with them, namely a sweepstakes competition where those interested get drawn a team out of a hat and if that team wins the competition, they'll get a nice trophy image they can put in their signature or on their factbook.

All you have to do to sign up is post here. The Euros start in about 10 days or so, so I'm planning on hopefully having a full 24 sign-ups by the first game on June 10th. The draw will be done either a few days before the Euros start or whenever there's a full list of sign-ups, whichever is the closest.

These are the 24 teams in the competition:
Albania
Austria
Belgium
Croatia
Czech Republic
England
France
Germany
Hungary
Iceland
Italy
Northern Ireland
Poland
Portugal
Republic of Ireland
Romania
Russia
Slovakia
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
Turkey
Ukraine
Wales

This topic can also serve as the discussion topic for the tournament. :) Who do you think will win? Who will disappoint? Which player or nation is going to have a breakout tournament and become the next big thing?

Okay, sign me up!

I think this year could be an interesting one considering how much new talent is emerging.

Gradea:
I reckon Germany will win.
Well, that is debatable. They recently lost to Slovakia and haven't been playing as the Germany we know from the World Cup. I think there might be a few dark horses in the competition this time around.

Sign me up! I'm betting on either France or Germany. I'm still disappointed that the Netherlands didn't qualify.

Hello,
could you please sign me up.Since Netherlands didn't qualified,I support England!
e22855.gif

Thanks

Am I on time for this? I support England and Wales but Croatia is doing damn well, so I might put some money on them.

Canarian players play for Spain but as I hope they'll do for a Canarian national football team in the future, I just can't support Spain. They're also kind of boring to watch tbh.

So happy about England today!

Luckily for me, I was able to watch the entire game from school. I was in form when Sturridge saved us from a draw. As you may have guessed, we all went crazy and it was absolutely insane.

Sturridge was terrible until the goal. No first touch at all.

St George:
He might have been, but he kept the team going along with Rashford and Vardy up until the last minute. Through the second half, England battered Wales.

St George:
Not so easy to do when you come from the bench. If he starts regularly he'll show us what he's capable of

Lennart:
St George:
Not so easy to do when you come from the bench. If he starts regularly he'll show us what he's capable of
Or he'll break a leg when we've used all three subs and we're chasing the game...

Does anyone know what would happen if Spain and the Czech Republic both win by 1 goal?

CZE and Croatia would then both be on 4 points, 0 goal difference, and a draw head-to-head. I suspect it's goals scored, which would see Croatia through, but I'm not sure.

The Republic of Ireland have just managed to beat Italy... What a moment!

I loved watching it.

Kasch:
The Republic of Ireland have just managed to beat Italy... What a moment!

I loved watching it.
Well, they sort of beat Italy's reserve team on an irrelevant match for them.

Not saying the Irish didn't do well or didn't deserve it, they do, but if Italy's had actually playing for something, things would have been very different, starting with Italy's lineup.

Also Croatia rules even without Modric and Mandzukic, congratulations to Hungary... and wtf is wrong with Portugal?

My money still on Croatia.

Since Brexit I understand we are not allowing people to come to Britain unless they have useful skills.
Does that mean the England squad is stuck in France?

Yeah, I'm sure that will be the reason.

Anyway, any bets for tonight? I'll go with Italy but Germany is just too powerful

Clash of two teams that are pretty similar. It may come down to Germany's better quality of player.

Back