thegemini For Delegate- A Stronger Region!

thegemini:
Imkihca:
thegemini:
I have been on talks with the Privy Council for two weeks and they certainly haven't ever said anything about a treaty being drafted.
Hey there, I just wanted to say that as a member of Alexandria's Privy council the first and only time I have heard from you was just over two days ago in a telegram regarding my position on a treaty and the reason I have not mentioned a previous treaty would be because I haven't had time to reply and say anything at all to it yet for which I'm very sorry. I'm a busy gal with a bad habit of losing track of time but I'm still pretty sure two days aren't two weeks... :P
First of all, your not the main privy councillor I talked to. Your just on here to back up the current Delegate. Please don't post on this forum if your here to just stir the pot for him.
I'm actually here to defend myself and my fellow Privy Councillors, you said you spoke to the council two weeks ago and I just wanted to confirm and clarify that this was not actually the case.

Lord Ravenclaw:
I'd like to put to rest the claims made by this candidate two pages ago about talking to Alexandria's privy council for two weeks:

Firstly, you don't seem to have realised that I am Alexandria's head of state. You have most certainly not been in communication with the Privy Council for two weeks.

When I said that the reasons for the treaty not being moved beyond drafting were obvious I'd hoped you would have understood, but you didn't: Delegate SillyString and I agreed that it would be incredibly unprofessional and a pure conflict of interest for me to sign a treaty twice - not to mention an insult. I'd sign as the Sovereign of Alexandria, and as Delegate of The North Pacific. To avoid that, the treaty was kept on the drafting table until such a time I was no longer delegate to be picked up should my successor choose to do so.

As for why Diamete didn't know? Why would he when it didn't move beyond a draft? I don't need a Foreign Minister to write a treaty, especially since the entire basis of my NS experience is in foreign affairs and diplomacy. That said, in his own words "I've had you writing my documents since I realised you were better than me at it!" which plays into it.

It is decidedly unwise to make wild comments about what it is you've been doing while representing The North Pacific in the Kingdom of Alexandria, least of all because in Alexandria, I -can- find out and verify it.

I do not need to discredit you with the Privy Council of State. You've done that well enough already.

While I am the Sovereign of Alexandria - it is Fiermont (better known as Feirmont) who has been running Alexandria's executive since January of this year - since when it became likely that I would win the General Election I appointed a Regent to keep the government on its course. Since that point, my name has been posted on statements, and people have posted them on their accounts while an admin uses a special moderation tool (like the NSforum has) to change the posting author to make them appear to have come from me. I take the separation of hats, duties and roles incredibly seriously, I always have, and always will.

That "treaty" isn't on the law books because it has not been presented to the RA, and nor will it be while I am in office. Perhaps I'll present it in my final days? Most likely not.

... If I were putting my interests ahead of this region Gemini, there would be an executive council full of Alexandrian loyalists, that treaty would have been a done deal, I would have been doing security checks and I would have loudly made an arse of The North Pacific on a world state repeatedly by interfering in minor things that didn't actually mean anything, by closing embassies with regions over perceived slights, or even disregarding the will of the region on things like WA votes.

The Delegate of The North Pacific governs with the consent and agreement of the Regional Assembly. It is charged with, and swears to, follow the laws of the region, to protect it and carry out its constitutionally mandated duties. If you believe that I have violated that oath, I would invite you to file the suitable charges with the Attorney General with your supporting evidence.

"because its about time you took some goddamn responsibility in the areas of Foreign Policy and Embassies would be nice."

I fail to see where I have not taken responsibility in that area. I suggest you actually read my review of the term that has passed - since I don't believe you bothered to.
First, of all Delegate, no one ever said that you did anything criminal and I have no intention of filing a criminal charge.

Second, I did talk to one of your privy councillors for two weeks and they had plenty of time to say something about the treaty under SillyString and yet they didn't. They acted very much like there never was a treaty. I'm simply saying that no one ever told me about a past treaty.

Thirdly, how am I discredited when as a newly appointed ambassador (and I'm supposedly so inexperienced) I was never told anything about a drafted treaty. And again it wasn't published anywhere because it still needs to go before the RA, so if no one tells me and its not published, how the hell am I supposed to know?

Fourth, I did read your manifesto, and obviously I wouldn't be running for Delegate if I agreed with it. Seriously? Lol

You seem to be missing something - you've done little but make spurious allegations, insult the region and make yourself look foolish. This section is public - and if you honestly think our treaty allies, and other regions TNP works with aren't reading this then...

Diamete didn't mention it because he didn't know as I have said about three times by now.

Lord Ravenclaw:
You seem to be missing something - you've done little but make spurious allegations, insult the region and make yourself look foolish. This section is public - and if you honestly think our treaty allies, and other regions TNP works with aren't reading this then...

Diamete didn't mention it because he didn't know as I have said about three times by now.
Well the allies dont have a say in our Democratic elections and vice versa.
I can make you one absolute promise though.

I will submit a report ,whether I'm elected Delegate or not, and explain the situation with the treaty. That's how strongly I feel about. I will even share copies of messages. And yes I know this is public.

I'm offering this report because:

1. Believe in transparency
2. I'm confident no wrongdoing happen. This is simply lack of knowledge on both sides.

Are you satisfied with that?

I am not sure that your grasping what I'm saying. It's nothing to do with transparency.

That treaty isn't important in its current state. There are at least two other treaties which have more pressing matters that need to be addressed.

Lord Ravenclaw:
I am not sure that your grasping what I'm saying. It's nothing to do with transparency.

That treaty isn't important in its current state. There are at least two other treaties which have more pressing matters that need to be addressed.
You mean don't want a report on the very issue your trying to discredit me on? I can't believe you Delegate.

After you blamed me for breaking diplomatic protocol and yet on such a serious accusation you don't want a report?

Well I will submit it anyway. More than two allies are important. They all are important.

Oh dear. You aren't understanding me and kindly do not address me by my title, that is an attempt to demhumanise me and I am not a robot or some out of touch figure despite your attempts to paint me as such.

What I am trying to say is this: There are currently two treaties we have on the books that need to be addressed. One needs to be amended and possibly reratified with the other signatory. A second needs to be examined to see whether it is still a document which has a working relationship and a basis for the documents continued existence.

I do not need a report from you for the simple reason is I already have two screenshots of the telegrams you sent as well as a screenshot of the PMs you sent on Alexandria's forum, released to me by Alexandria's Chancellor, Privy Councillor of Diplomacy as well as the Privy Councillor of Arts in response to an inquiry from myself.

Any report from you would just tell me what I already know. Initiative isn't a bad thing, but you probably chose the wrong place to exercise it.

Nor am I discrediting you - I'm merely asking questions while trying to help you understand things you seem to be struggling with. One does not accuse me of being lackadaisical with foreign policy and walk away from that without scrutiny.

thegemini, I'm confident your heart's in the right place and I think you're being thoughtful about good things to be thoughtful about.

I would earnestly recommend obtaining more knowledge to exercise your mind with, though. I think that with that, you could become quite a formidable figure here.

Lord Ravenclaw:
Oh dear. You aren't understanding me and kindly do not address me by my title, that is an attempt to demhumanise me and I am not a robot or some out of touch figure despite your attempts to paint me as such.

What I am trying to say is this: There are currently two treaties we have on the books that need to be addressed. One needs to be amended and possibly reratified with the other signatory. A second needs to be examined to see whether it is still a document which has a working relationship and a basis for the documents continued existence.

I do not need a report from you for the simple reason is I already have two screenshots of the telegrams you sent as well as a screenshot of the PMs you sent on Alexandria's forum, released to me by Alexandria's Chancellor, Privy Councillor of Diplomacy as well as the Privy Councillor of Arts in response to an inquiry from myself.

Any report from you would just tell me what I already know. Initiative isn't a bad thing, but you probably chose the wrong place to exercise it.

Nor am I discrediting you - I'm merely asking questions while trying to help you understand things you seem to be struggling with. One does not accuse me of being lackadaisical with foreign policy and walk away from that without scrutiny.
Well I'm still submitting it. And a copy is going to be sent to numerous people. I take seriously someone trying to claim I broke diplomatic protocol. I'm calling you by your title because while Alexandria might be a constitutional monarchy we are a more Democratic government in the TNP and you do have Lord in your title. I mean no disrespect. And not every knows you as Lord Ravenclaw.

And you were trying to discredt me when you implied I broke protocol.
That is certainly what it looks like.

I'm submitting the report because I feel its my duty.

flemingovia:
Oh dear. TheGemini, a word of advice for you:

When you are in a hole, stop digging.
I would appreciate some input on what you would like to see policy wise. Please don't come on here just to undermine me with a one-liner.

Eluvatar:
thegemini, I'm confident your heart's in the right place and I think you're being thoughtful about good things to be thoughtful about.

I would earnestly recommend obtaining more knowledge to exercise your mind with, though. I think that with that, you could become quite a formidable figure here.
Well if my heart is in the right place then I take that as a good reason to continue running for Delegate.

When you have the goddamn gall/balls to try to act like I broke protocol, your going to get a report about happened while I was in-region on the job. It would be the same philosophy if I was delegate.

Bottom line.

As I expressed privately, I admire your courage to seek the highest office in the region despite having spent such short time here. However, I believe I am not the only one here who is more than slightly embarrassed for you. It is commendable to begin your journey in TNP here but it is shocking the tone and general immaturity you have exemplified to a great degree in your exchanges with numerous nations in this thread. I would not feel comfortable voting for you and for the sake of the adult in me, I ask that you conduct yourself in a manner more befitting of the office you seek to win.

thegemini:
I would appreciate some input on what you would like to see policy wise.
thought you would never ask.

Military:
The NPA to go back to being and out-and-out defender force, restoring bridges and building links to other defender forces around NS.

Foreign: Close all on-forum embassies in TNP that have not received a post in a year. Cut back our embassies to those we can maintain. Rename all our ambassadors "Simon". The reason is obvious.

Fuckwittery: Draw up a list of the five TNP players I dislike the most and ask admin to autocorrect their names to "Fartbelly". All of them. Let confusion reign!

Culture: Make English (proper English) spelling and grammar compulsory. Set all times to Greenwich Mean Time (adjusted at the moment for British Summer Time.) Institute tea and biscuits at 4pm. Sing God save the Queen before any cabinet session. Play cricket. Complain about the weather. Queue politely. introduce mild xenophobia.

that is enough to be going on with. I will set the rest of your policies when i get home later.

flemingovia:
thegemini:
I would appreciate some input on what you would like to see policy wise.
thought you would never ask.

Military:
The NPA to go back to being and out-and-out defender force, restoring bridges and building links to other defender forces around NS.

Foreign: Close all on-forum embassies in TNP that have not received a post in a year. Cut back our embassies to those we can maintain. Rename all our ambassadors "Simon". The reason is obvious.

Fuckwittery: Draw up a list of the five TNP players I dislike the most and ask admin to autocorrect their names to "Fartbelly". All of them. Let confusion reign!

Culture: Make English (proper English) spelling and grammar compulsory. Set all times to Greenwich Mean Time (adjusted at the moment for British Summer Time.) Institute tea and biscuits at 4pm. Sing God save the Queen before any cabinet session. Play cricket. Complain about the weather. Queue politely. introduce mild xenophobia.

that is enough to be going on with. I will set the rest of your policies when i get home later.
Speaking of Queen...the Delegate is a noted monarchist. King of the region of Alexandria. And democracy goes down the drain.

Dont reelect a monarchist.

Amerion:
As I expressed privately, I admire your courage to seek the highest office in the region despite having spent such short time here. However, I believe I am not the only one here who is more than slightly embarrassed for you. It is commendable to begin your journey in TNP here but it is shocking the tone and general immaturity you have exemplified to a great degree in your exchanges with numerous nations in this thread. I would not feel comfortable voting for you and for the sake of the adult in me, I ask that you conduct yourself in a manner more befitting of the office you seek to win.
Just keep in mind that you can elect me or a monarchist in the world's largest democracy.

thegemini:
Amerion:
Just keep in mind that you can elect me or a monarchist in the world's largest democracy.
What am I, chopped liver?

Cronaal:
thegemini:
Control over two regions is to much. He is either fulltime TNP patriot or fulltime monarchist
No, things don't work like that.
He can't be both. The founder of one and Delegate of this one. He is either 100% TNP or 100% Kingdom of Alexandria. We are the largest democracy in the world.

He has to much power. Maybe His Majesty should be granted Letters Patent for the title of Monopoly Man.

thegemini:
Cronaal:
thegemini:
Control over two regions is to much. He is either fulltime TNP patriot or fulltime monarchist
He can't be both. The founder of one and Delegate of this one. He is either 100% TNP or 100% Kingdom of Alexandria. We are the largest democracy in the world.

He has to much power. Maybe His Majesty should be granted Letters Patent for the title of Monopoly Man.
Do you not understand NationStates? There are multiple people who are members of multiple regions, you aren't tied down to one. So many players take on responsibilities to multiple regions, be it to expand their influence and expand their playtime in the game. You can lead a region and do work in another without being against either, it's part of the game.

:fish:

Kialga:
thegemini:
Cronaal:
thegemini:

Do you not understand NationStates? There are multiple people who are members of multiple regions, you aren't tied down to one. So many players take on responsibilities to multiple regions, be it to expand their influence and expand their playtime in the game. You can lead a region and do work in another without being against either, it's part of the game.

You cant deny that a Monarchist Delegate would give a poor public image to a Democratic region.

Can you point to instances where the role of Lord Ravenclaw's Alexandria nation has given The North Pacific a poor public image?

Its simple. He is a King and founder of a region , one of the largest monarchies, AND the Delegate of the largest democracy in game.

thegemini:
Its simple. He is a King and founder of a region , one of the largest monarchies, AND the Delegate of the largest democracy in game.
Right, but that doesn't actually answer Eluvatar's question....

thegemini:
A strong democracy that we claim to be looks less valid because of this. That's how I feel.
Ok, and that's allowed and accepted, however, Eluvatar, a turtle far better versed in politics than any turtle I've ever met, especially the politics of TNP (and I) wish to know when the international community has ever thought less of TNP as a result of Lord Ravenclaw being bi-regional

Are you having a laugh?

You decided to go the public image route while using a two year old region as a weapon? You're either desperate, an idiot or both and I can't decide which.

If people decide for whatever reason to not support my reelection, I hope that they support Praetor. It'll be a very cold day in hell before I think you are anything more than utterly small minded and full of hot air.

Delegate, I will entertain any cock and bull story you send me. Just make sure you attach a signature. They are quite laughable.

Lord Ravenclaw:
Are you having a laugh?

You decided to go the public image route while using a two year old region as a weapon? You're either desperate, an idiot or both and I can't decide which.

If people decide for whatever reason to not support my reelection, I hope that they support Praetor. It'll be a very cold day in hell before I think you are anything more than utterly small minded and full of hot air.
This

Back