Map Discussion Thread

Lord Lore:
Malvad do you think you could provide a blank sketch? if not I can probably salvage it from the last map.
I sadly do not have an image and I have terrible drawing skills. If you can salvage it from the previous map that would be great. If you can't just tell me and I'll ry to find an image somewhere if possible.

Thanks!

Lord Lore:
That is alright but I still want to cut the tail off that island in the east.
Here ya go, no more tail:
c3wbldK.png

And here you go Kalti that image, mapified.

fOd3r.png

fOd4h.png

To keep it from bluring to bad this time I had to take it to a 480x450 and your total landmass is 72,114 Pixels or 288,456 km2

I'll work on it as my application for the cartography team and I'll send it to Lord Lore.

Could you highlight where on the map you want it to be located?

My old location, Syrixia. The southern coastline of the Western Southern Island. I don't know if that made any sense. You may have to tilt the claim to fit it though.

I've drawn that before, it should be even easier this time.

Lord Lore, you will receive it by tonight as my application for the team. Bootsie, you will also get a copy as it is your nation I'm drawing.

@Bootsie...

This is your old claim that you wish to see on the new map:
lqikaK7.png

Now, I saw the comment that the cartographer's cannot find an area that would fit your claim or be able to edit an area to fit. I propose to you the following map cutout of the larger TNP map. This took me a few minutes of searching but the little peninsula at the bottom is the closest I can come to matching that of your old claim. With some modification on the shape of your claim, would you be willing to compromise for this particular area (obviously size is yet to be determined)?
dsXNQXm.png

Edit: Here is another area on the map that you could easily fit your claim with a little bit of tweaking...
Q5mnDOE.png

Note: Both cutout areas of the regional map are located on the right side continent on the southern portion.

Kalti:
@Bootsie...

lqikaK7.png

Now, I saw the comment that the cartographer's cannot find an area that would fit your claim or be able to edit an area to fit. I propose to you the following map cutout of the larger TNP map. This took me a few minutes of searching but the little peninsula at the bottom is the closest I can come to matching that of your old claim. With some modification on the shape of your claim, would you be willing to compromise for this particular area (obviously size is yet to be determined)?
dsXNQXm.png

Edit: Here is another area on the map that you could easily fit your claim with a little bit of tweaking...
Q5mnDOE.png

Note: Both cutout areas of the regional map are located on the right side continent on the southern portion.
Both those areas have been claimed, the first by me.

Here's a possibility, it fits with little modification and has the advantage of getting rid of an unfortunately phallic peninsula:
TNP_Bootsie.png

Piscivore:
Kalti:
@Bootsie...

lqikaK7.png

dsXNQXm.png

Q5mnDOE.png

Both those areas have been claimed, the first by me.

Here's a possibility, it fits with little modification and has the advantage of getting rid of an unfortunately phallic peninsula:
TNP_Bootsie.png
Sorry 'bout that, just trying to help Bootsie find a spot on the map that would work. Though what you propose would work.

Sadak that will not work becuase I have talked to Egalotir and he wants most of his claim. which includes most of that.

Also Sadak I need you to reupload your claim. You shrunk down the image and I could not transfer it to the map.

Lord Lore:
Sadak that will not work becuase I have talked to Egalotir and he wants most of his claim. which includes most of that.

Also Sadak I need you to reupload your claim. You shrunk down the image and I could not transfer it to the map.
I didn't think I did. Try this
AQkvn_AN.png

If this gets shrunk I can email it.

I didn't expect it to be placed into the map so soon, thank you cartography team.

On a side note, I really find Kalti's claim to be an eyesore. It's far too squared in.

Cronaal:
I didn't expect it to be placed into the map so soon, thank you cartography team.

On a side note, I really find Kalti's claim to be an eyesore. It's far too squared in.
How would you propose changing it?

Kalti:
Cronaal:

A little more varied distances between islands and an entire layout change.

Kalti:
Going by your advice I have created an alternative map:
XkO8wYk.png

What do you think?
I still dislike it.
Try placing it in a way where the islands seem like they would've naturally disconnected during formation

Kalti:
w7nokbt.png

Bit more spread out east to west now instead of north to south...
By far the best rendition.
It feels more connected than a bunch of images thrown together

@Nierr and LordLore...

Would it be possible to modify my map claim layout to the following based on feedback received from Cronaal and Piscivore?
w7nokbt.png

Kalti, I was actually thinking it might look better moved north a bit, and incorporated into the land curving up to the right away from that continent. Here's an example - I'm still learning my way around inkscape so I didn't bother to get rid of the pixellation, and I didn't feel like dealing with all of your smaller islands, but just as a concept:

Screenshot%20from%202015-02-13%20095631.png

(The bluish-green one could stand to be rotated a bit under that layout, but I didn't want to adjust the islands' original orientation.)

I too am uncomfortable with the layout of Kalti. I really like Kalti, but I would urge them to compromise even slightly with the layout of the islands, and maybe their shape, size and number. They just don't fit in. SilyString's layout is better, but still not right. It all looks a bit unprofessional. Remember, the official map doesn't have to match your idea perfectly! I do feel you've overdone the number, though. 3 or 4, fine, but 10?

The Spokesman of Eumenor:
I too am uncomfortable with the layout of Kalti. I really like Kalti, but I would urge them to compromise even slightly with the layout of the islands, and maybe their shape, size and number. They just don't fit in. SilyString's layout is better, but still not right. It all looks a bit unprofessional. Remember, the official map doesn't have to match your idea perfectly! I do feel you've overdone the number, though. 3 or 4, fine, but 10?
Thing is I've already cut down on the number of islands by half when compromising with Lore. What you are essentially proposing is that I do that yet again and get rid of half the islands. If I do that I might as well scrap the entire idea I have for my nation and start completely from scratch.

Kalti:
Thing is I've already cut down on the number of islands by half when compromising with Lore. What you are essentially proposing is that I do that yet again and get rid of half the islands. If I do that I might as well scrap the entire idea I have for my nation and start completely from scratch.
Could you? That'd be great, thanks.

No, Jking, but in all seriousness, if you knocked off a few on the edges and compromised on the shape and orientation, I reckon it'd look a lot better.

But I'm not forcing you to do anything, it's just a friendly suggestion:-D

Kalti:
Cronaal:

I agree with Cronaal. Separate the islands a bit more and make the archipelago look less of a square.

Based on SillyString's suggestion of moving everything north, I have come up with the following map. I've already PM'ed Cronaal about one of the two small grey islands.

pK0mTSz.png

Don't make it too far out. That would make Kaltian waters absolutely MONSTROUS, making Kalti the hugest country in TNP in terms of owned land.

Find a balance between realistic and compact.

Syrixia:
Don't make it too far out. That would make Kaltian waters absolutely MONSTROUS, making Kalti the hugest country in TNP in terms of owned land.

3K3NNJX.png

Edit: made a slight change on the map.

It's like Syrixia's claim, I don't see why you need all those islands.
Yet, unlike Syrixia I have no claim to any part of the mainland continents. Yes, I included three islands from the regional map due to me getting rid of quite a few on my original map. Anyways, here is a very quick breakdown of why I have as many islands as I do. Kalti is an island nation, always has been since I first created it.

QSixZbU.png

We can move your claim northwards, yes, but you are not getting those three additional islands. I'm sorry, but it's not happening.

If unsatisfied by this decision you can seek dispute resolution by following the process outlined here

Back