Map Discussion Thread

Syrixia:
Andrew:
Dont remove me :(
Quick question; not to be rude but I'm just curious: have you done, like, any RP at all in recent years that would justify your continued place on the map?

Again; just curious. No offense.
I would like to point out Syrixia that the rules for staying on the map have remained virtually the same since you were on the cartography team. The only difference is how much it is enforced.

So if you must criticize the policies of the cartography team I hope that you are ready to criticize yourself first.

Vazos:
Syrixia:
Andrew:
Quick question; not to be rude but I'm just curious: have you done, like, any RP at all in recent years that would justify your continued place on the map?

Better question for someone who's actually a cartographer to ask, maybe.
Maybe he did nothing in RP, I don't want to check it now, but he did lot of good stuffs..

He welcomed me, when I registreted to this website

People's places on the map aren't "justified" when they fail to meet the requirements for a continued presence on the map.

Andrew currently meets the requirements, whether he chooses to actively RP or not.

I would love for everyone on the map to RP. I would love for everyone on the map to RP well. Both of those things don't happen, however, and I fully recognise that the map is both an rp map and TNP's regional map.

Nierr:
People's places on the map aren't "justified" when they fail to meet the requirements for a continued presence on the map.

Andrew currently meets the requirements, whether he chooses to actively RP or not.

I would love for everyone on the map to RP. I would love for everyone on the map to RP well. Both of those things don't happen, however, and I fully recognise that the map is both an rp map and TNP's regional map.
I think "be active" is a good enough requirement for retention of map position.

It's not like map is overcrowded or anything (my area is deathly empty. :< ).

so I'll echo Nierr's statement.

The criteria I use is based off of activity on the forum in general because its largely a community map and therefor I use their activity in the community as gauge for staying on it.

Therefor the only real reason these days I remove people is for failing to post on the forum for 30 days. Then after removal a 7 day grace period in which someone can not make a claim on a removed nation's land.

Granted we do give a little leeway to people who have contributed to the region in a noticeable way, are members of the civilian government, or who have actively stated that they will be absent.

Syrixia:
Andrew:

Dont worry I take no offence. And to answer your question, no. I haven't. However, recent RP have gotten me thinking whether I should start.

Andrew:
Syrixia:
Andrew:

Dont worry I take no offence. And to answer your question, no. I haven't. However, recent RP have gotten me thinking whether I should start.
As proven a couple posts ago by the map gods, you don't have to. But you totes should! It is soooooo fun. :w00t:

Kannex:
True Sebland:
Hey could I change my claim to this --> http://imgur.com/YqlArrs
It's near Kannex (I claimed a bit of Kannex aswell if it's ok with him) and the islands near it + Litge Town (a Colonial relic from when True Sebland was considered a colonial superpower. Nowadays a very popular tourist destination).
Thank you
Why do you need some of my land?
I liked the shape of the claim and I would like to have the spring of the river in my land. It's really not that much land. I would be grateful if you gave it to me, but I will respect your decision.

It's hardly any land tbh, you can't tell the difference (beige), but if it's because you would loose land you can always claim the land west from me (red). My country has an odd shape without that small extra land and I would really apreciate you giving it to me, but once again it's your decision. :)http://imgur.com/WqcQzyf

And thus, it's not going to happen. I'll do my usual magic and update the map without taking land from Kannex's claim.

Hi brand new nation here "Holgan Empire". Is there a current map of the North Pacific Region? I hate to be a pain in the butt, but since I don't know how you're all laid out as far as countries, its hard to imagine just how our Empire fits in....

IT also makes it hard to say where the Holgen Empire's borders are located, are we bigger than the Russian Federation, or small to th point that we look like Baja California. So if you can help a new player it would be helpful.

SHEBA1:
Hi brand new nation here "Holgan Empire". Is there a current map of the North Pacific Region? I hate to be a pain in the butt, but since I don't know how you're all laid out as far as countries, its hard to imagine just how our Empire fits in....

IT also makes it hard to say where the Holgen Empire's borders are located, are we bigger than the Russian Federation, or small to th point that we look like Baja California. So if you can help a new player it would be helpful.
Yeah, it's in this same subforum. Check the other thread.

Just me thinking there wasn't more than two pages of requests. Will be added.

Ceretis it is slightly bigger, but it probably wouldn't be the biggest claim on the map. Plus it would cover the land that nobody wants (I have never seen anyone claim the land) and It wouldn't take up that much coastline. :)

Yeraennus:
Ceretis, there are several other nations with larger claims. GBM, McM, Aurora, Nierr, Natal Republic, Luskainia, Masses, Hemland, hell, even my country is about that big.

I don't know what map you are looking at but True Sebland's claim is much larger than you and all those nations you listed, except GBM.

And tbh, doesn't even make sense. BALLS DEEP into the mainlaind but doesn't have his coasts touch his neighbors and stops short of the opposite coast.

Sebland... when you scale your new claim to the map as a whole, there are only two nations larger than what you are asking for... GBM and McM. My only advice to you is to downscale a little bit. Note... I'm not saying go for a drastic reduction in size but somewhere closer to Natal or Luskainia. I'd be more than happy to help if you would like to go for this. It's entirely up to you but I do remember one of the underlying reasons GBM and McM got the claims (and size) they did was due to their status as admins (among other reasons).

Is it just me or does True Sebland also have a country plot of land on the bottom right hand corner of the map, bordering Zazumo and Ilian Coalition.

Scukey1:
Is it just me or does True Sebland also have a country plot of land on the bottom right hand corner of the map, bordering Zazumo and Ilian Coalition.
I believe he wanted to change the claim, not sure on that one though.

Scukey1:

Kasch:
Scukey1:

He did. Hence why he posted a new claim. It's really up to the Cartography Team whether changes to old claims get accepted or not but it does happen from time to time, as was the case recently with me and a few others.

Nightsong:
Scukey1:

Kasch:
Scukey1:

He did. Hence why he posted a new claim. It's really up to the Cartography Team whether changes to old claims get accepted or not but it does happen from time to time, as was the case recently with me and a few others.
Ok, sorry about that.

Thank you very much Plemb (neighbour :D ). Just one thing, my country is not True Sebland anymore, it's Sierra. But it doesn't really matter, you can change it with the next map update. :) I will make a climate and population map of Sierra. And revive my RP.

Btw: I've got a few ideas/questions for you. I will send you a PM later today. :)

Is there a standard for calculating nation size and/or population density based off of the game-generated population number?

I'm just curious how much space my 5.132 billion citizens are allowed. :P

Also, random question, I have a sovereign seastead (pop. 3.95 billion) off the coast of IndieGirl. Should/could there be map designation for that, as it is not technically an island, per se?

RP populations tend to be far lower than NS populations due to map size restrictions. 1 pixel on the map is 4km^2. For example, my nation is ~2.9 billion on NS, but is ~48 million for RP purposes, and has a population density of ~165.

Yeraennus:
RP populations tend to be far lower than NS populations due to map size restrictions. 1 pixel on the map is 4km^2. For example, my nation is ~2.9 billion on NS, but is ~48 million for RP purposes, and has a population density of ~165.
So, by your calculations, with my ideal population density of 93/km, my RP population would be 85.04 million. At 93/km, that means my nation size would be 914,408.6 km. So that's...228,602 pixels.

I'm thinking I might not get my ideal population density. :horror:

And this isn't even counting my seastead. :unsure:

So, I could double my ideal pop. density to 186/km, and that means I have a nation of 457,204 km, or 114,301 pixels. Is that more doable, or is that still ridiculously huge?

I need to go look at the map again...

I give up calculating. I want this bit. What's the likelihood on this claim?

QU0qXmR.png

Back