Admin Requests

I request that a mask the Speaker has be permitted to reply to topics in the Legal Documents board ( The North Pacific?General Regional Archives?Archives?Legal Records?Legal Documents ) so they can post new treaties.

This should not create any problems as the Speaker already has moderation powers there to open and close topics, and the topic in question is normally closed.

Anime Freak, Florian and Coopersberg done.

Just a silly request: could you make each request a seperate post? ta.

Eluvatar:
I request that a mask the Speaker has be permitted to reply to topics in the Legal Documents board ( The North Pacific?¨General Regional Archives?¨Archives?¨Legal Records?¨Legal Documents ) so they can post new treaties.

This should not create any problems as the Speaker already has moderation powers there to open and close topics, and the topic in question is normally closed.
Private cabinet access mask changed to allow for this.

flemingovia:
Eluvatar:
I request that a mask the Speaker has be permitted to reply to topics in the Legal Documents board ( The North Pacific?¨General Regional Archives?¨Archives?¨Legal Records?¨Legal Documents ) so they can post new treaties.

Only issue I see with it being done that way is that anyone who has the private cabinet access permission will also be able to change those documents.

We may be better off cloning that permission set to a separate Speaker permission set as the Speaker is not constitutionally part of the Cabinet. Elu, can you create a Speaker badge? it's long since past time we had one.

JovanMKD -- Done (does not have either citizen or RA admission at this time)
North African Empire -- Done (does not have either citizen or RA admission at this time)
Chancellor Done -- (does not have either citizen or RA admission at this time)
Scorpionida Done -- (does not have either citizen or RA admission at this time)
There's an issue with all four of these in that the NPA Mask gives them the permission set of the Registered Citizen mask, but I do not see anything that gives the registered citizen status.
Can someone on the government side explain this, because it will present an issue if any NPA mask holder is removed from that mask, and admin need to know what group they are supposed to go into. (In fact this was a concern with some of the recent NPA removals.)

You could always setup a joinable group and give Mcmasterdonia the ability to control the members of that group. That way they are getting the masking for NPA areas of the forum without changing the mask that they are supposed to have. The only downfall to this is that those members don't get a special color.

Hileville, since the NPA has no legal structure, the forum admin other than Elu (who set it up) are at a disadvantage. I only saw the problems I asked about in the last two days especially the remaskings this evening. Since the NPA mask was set up with the permission sets used for registered citizens (who require a security check) and no checks have been noted anywhere on the forums that I can find, I need clarification from those who set it up.
TNP had a nightmare experience giving any non-Admin access to the ACP so we don't do it. That won't change for RL security and privacy reasons.

You wouldn't have to give access to the ACP. You can create a joinable group that the group manager can invite users to. The only permissions the group would have would be to whatever the NPA area of the boards is. I set this system up in TSP and it works quite nice as it relieves the admins of having to change the army masking which could potentially happen daily.

Grosseschnauzer:
JovanMKD -- Done (does not have either citizen or RA admission at this time)
North African Empire -- Done (does not have either citizen or RA admission at this time)
Chancellor Done -- (does not have either citizen or RA admission at this time)
Scorpionida Done -- (does not have either citizen or RA admission at this time)
There's an issue with all four of these in that the NPA Mask gives them the permission set of the Registered Citizen mask, but I do not see anything that gives the registered citizen status.
Can someone on the government side explain this, because it will present an issue if any NPA mask holder is removed from that mask, and admin need to know what group they are supposed to go into. (In fact this was a concern with some of the recent NPA removals.)
When I was doing NPA masking I was running security checks.

As flemingovia restored my ability to see IPs yesterday, I did a limited security check a few applicants myself, and I am prepared to go through the whole list of them over the weekend. I don't have access to the ACP, so I can't ensure they aren't accounts of someone else on the forum, but I can ensure they aren't using proxies.

Grosseschnauzer:
flemingovia:
Eluvatar:

Only issue I see with it being done that way is that anyone who has the private cabinet access permission will also be able to change those documents.

We may be better off cloning that permission set to a separate Speaker permission set as the Speaker is not constitutionally part of the Cabinet. Elu, can you create a Speaker badge? it's long since past time we had one.

As I said earlier, the Speaker has moderation powers there and can open/close topics. If the topic is closed, it cannot be posted to. Therefore, only the Speaker gains actual use of that reply ability.

Elu, I'd really prefer to have a cleaner set up especially if we're (1) granting registered citizen status to new NPA members, and (2) giving all Speakers the ability to post treaties in the Legal Documents area. You and I might not be around, and it would be better for these things to be straight forward for the future. I've never understood the rationale for giving the Speaker a Cabinet badge when they're legally not a member of the Cabinet, access can be set up permissions, and it has always looked confusing.

I'll update the ACP instructions on the NPA masking for the other admin so they'll know what is to be done.

Eluvatar:
Please remask Blue Wolf II to be a Court Justice, without override masks.
I'm almost as confused as you are BW.

But all other override masks will be removed except for the Court mask as directed.

I'm having to get a clarification from the Speaker as to exactly how he wants to handle remaskings, with the repeal of the old law on RA admissions, and the adoption of the new Legal Code which has differences.

My internet is poo. This is the first time I have got online all day. Engineer coming out on Tuesday - until then do not rely on me.

Poo poo poo poo poo.

poo

And I'm having problems with graphic images and such on the pages today. (We've had storms moving through this afternoon and evening, and more expected through the weekend.)
I'm able to load pages without the graphics, fonts, and images, but it does make it difficult to navigate.

Please make Romanoffia and Unibot "Cabinet" group members.

Please ensure Romanoffia has Private Cabinet Access and Unibot has Private Cabinet Access and continues to have Army access.

Edit: Please also restore Scandigrad to the North Pacific Army group and Earth to the Regional Assembly group.

Also, our lovely admin team. Real life is busy, just remember we do appreciate all the work you do :)

Could you mask these citizens as NPA members?

Couttsnation

Fynn

Gladio

Adam Royer

Edit: and Carly

Also as Grosse notes below, security checks would be wonderful!

mcmasterdonia:
Also, our lovely admin team. Real life is busy, just remember we do appreciate all the work you do :)

Couttsnation

Fynn

Gladio

Adam Royer

Thanks!
Hate to be a pain about it, but have these had a security check to go with registered nation status?

As long as the NPA default mask includes the registered citizen permission, we need to be certain that anyone getting the NPA mask has had the security check unless they've already been checked in connection with the registered citizen or RA masks previously.

I was having all sort of problems with my internet connection yesterday. Firefox released a new version (13.0.1) we had a bery wind day here all day before the rain and squal line moved through, and there were events downtown where I lived that may have overburdened the internet access points downtown. So I don't know which it was. (I was even doing hard drive maintenance to check for any issues.) It's all better today, so whatever it was it appears it have cleared up. But we're still likely to have more weather here this afternoon (and we need the rain so y'all can have corn in a couple of months. "Knee High by the Fourth of July" in more than an expression. That's when the corn should germinate so you get those full ears, and without rain right then it doesn't happen.)

I'll take care of Elu's requests now. But I do need McM to respond to the security check question.

Ok. For now on I will request security checks, and masking here in the one thread of the admins. It will save admins the time of going to the Ministry of Defence threads to check up on them themselves.

Good idea; I'm going to do that for the registration and membership area as well; it'll make it easier for people to apply or report changes, or seek citizen or foriegn envoys maskings.

mcmasterdonia:

Couttsnation

Fynn

Gladio

Adam Royer

Edit: and Carly

Also as Grosse notes below, security checks would be wonderful!
Done, Done, Done, and Done and Done.

Carly has told me that she is having some issues viewing the private threads in the NPA headquarters. She said she can see the forum rules, but cannot enter any of the threads.... I have no idea what the problem would be.

Back