DISCUSSION: NPTO Headquarters Under Siege

Nightsong

Bookworm
I do apologize to my fellow NPTO Members that I am away from the HQ at such a trying time yet my being home in Kalti at this point in time is merely a coincidence. The Forum, my nation's oversight governmental body for the Confederation, wished to have a discussion on the status of international relations. As such, with the overthrow of the Monarchy of Guslantis by a newly instated Empire of Guslantis, I am bringing forward this discussion on behalf of the entire NPTO with the recommendations put forward by The Forum.

The current situation that must be dealt with immediately is two-fold:
  • Do the Deputy Chair and I call for an evacuation of the NPTO HQ in Guslantis?
  • Do the Deputy Chair and I call for a temporary closure of the NPTO HQ in Guslantis and open a new one elsewhere? If so, where?
Do note that I can order both of the above actions to happen through my own power as Chairwomen as the NPTO yet I would like to have the Deputy Chair involved and in agreement with any action that is taken. However as it stands, after much back and forth discussion, The Forum and I have reached a few conclusions of our own. I believe that an evacuation should be called of the NPTO HQ with any nation willing to help. Furthermore, I am also in favor of closing the NPTO HQ in Guslantis and relocating it either temporarily or permanently. Both the Kaltian and Andalucian Forum representatives have turned down offers to house an NPTO HQ but the Callaician representatives have been willing to allow it on the grounds that they are more centrally located in Eras to the vast majority of countries.

To all members of the NPTO, please bring your ideas to the table. The former Monarchy of Guslantis, henceforth known as the Union of Guslantis In Exile shall be welcome in this discussion and treated as a member of the NPTO per their membership status that still stands.

----
Bhean Uasail Corie Desiuso
Chairwomen of the NPTO

It is the position of the Union of Guslantis In Exile to offer its opinion on the HQ and its location. With the new leader, who is only known to us as Vega, and her already blatant threat to detonate the HQ, I do not personally believe that staying in NPTO HQ would be a smart decision for the Organization to make. The Union has already decided that, when we get an army together, we will be returning to the Diamond City and liberating the capital from the Krieg Clan. However, she said in a release that any outsiders coming to liberate the capital will be met with a detonation of the NPTO HQ in Guslantis. That being said, we do think NPTO HQ should temporarily be moved from Guslantis to a set building in a safer state. We don't want our planned liberation to domino into a complete destruction of the NPTO HQ and its Executive. As much pain as it brings me to say this, move the HQ for the safety of the members and really, for the Guslant citizens as well. And when this whole thing is over, the NPTO HQ Building will be waiting for us when we get back.

The kingdom of Wolfsea offers full use of it's facilities in Port Horizon to serve as a temporary base, along with full use of our military in the liberation campaign. Given our distance from Guslantis, command network and our considerable defences our offer should at least be considered.

As previously noted, in Jaipur there is a wing of Parliament Hall open for the NPTO to use. Parliament Hall is a very large complex, with such things as a public mall and numerous government buildings; so this will most certainly give the NPTO a large space to use.

Our submarine carrier, the Manta, is prepared to extract NPTO councillors should a stealth evacuation be required, along with a squad of Imperial Ravens for hostage rescue.

In addition to Wolfsea's offer, we can also deploy forty members of Section Alpha to assist with the hostage rescue. Also, we can send in our bomb defuser experts to attempt to defuse the bombs; however, since the complexity of the bomb can vary, we will only deploy the bomb defusers when everyone is evacuated, and if the current Guslantian government-in-exile request it.

Xentherida:
In addition to Wolfsea's offer, we can also deploy forty members of Section Alpha to assist with the hostage rescue. Also, we can send in our bomb defuser experts to attempt to defuse the bombs; however, since the complexity of the bomb can vary, we will only deploy the bomb defusers when everyone is evacuated, and if the current Guslantian government-in-exile request it.
Anders Garvin, Master of the Imperial Ravens, looks forward to working alongside Section Alpha in this operation should it prove necessary.

After further consultation with Bhean Uasail Corie Desiuso, my fellow representatives and I on the Forum d'Entesa have decided to put the 'Eastát de Aeir' at the NPTO's disposal. This building is normally a secondary residence for the Forum d'Entesa and the Forum de la Saviesa and it is more than capable of acting as a temporary HQ. If you do choose to utilize the building, a contingent of Guardians shall be dispatched as a secondary layer of security on top of the NPTO Security. The building itself is located in Nova Roma, the capital of Callaici and just a short walk from the main governmental buildings that house the Praeses Sapientia, the Aquila Concilium, the Corvus Concilium and the Concilium Iudicii.

XCoEomN.jpg

Domina Rhea
Membre dels Nou
Forum d'Entesa

So as it stands, we now have a few offers on the table. Those being the following:
- Wolfsea has offered to lead a stealth evacuation to extract NPTO councilors
- Xentherida has offered to to send in bomb technicians to attempt to defuse the bombs
- Callaici, Syrixia and Wolfsea have all offered viable locations for a temporary NPTO HQ

All three of the above offers could be put to a vote or discussed further, I shall leave that to the members of the NPTO to decide.

Chairwomen of the NPTO

This discussion is too urgent for a vote and/or a consensus. For safety's sake, we must have an executive decision from the Chair.

nptochairman.png

To all NPTO Members,

After much deliberation, I have come to a consensus on what measures must be taken in light of the overthrow of the Monarchy of Guslantis. As such, the following steps are to be enacted:
  • Wolfsea and Xentherida shall lead a stealth extraction mission to retrieve the NPTO Councilors and defuse any bombs if possible.
  • While both Syrixia and Callaici would make great temporary homes for the NPTO HQ, I have decided to give that distinction to the Callaicians and their Eastát de Aeir. The primary reasoning for this is that the Union of Guslantis In Exile has taken up residence in the Plembobrian city of Cummings. Being that Plembobria is an island neighbor of Callaici, I felt it best to have the NPTO temporarily located near the exiled Guslant government to further the work needed to restore the country of Guslantis to the rightful government.
  • With the Eastát de Aeir being used as the temporary NPTO HQ, Dominus Atreus, Domina Rhea and Dominus Silvanus, the Callaician Representatives on the Forum d'Entesa, shall be joining me in Callaici to further the coordination between the Confederation and the NPTO and shall act as liaisons for the Royal Confederation Forces.

Sincerely,
Chairwomen of the NPTO

In a response to this, we invite the Wolvesh Imperial Ravens and Manta for training exercises with the designated Section Alpha members. Blueprints of the NPTO headquarters have been downloaded and are in construction. They should be complete roughly by the time the Wolvesh arrive, in which a more realistic hostage situation can be made.
Up against them are a further sixty elite Section Beta members, who are trained specifically to defend an objective. The training is designed to make everything that can go wrong go wrong.

In the mean time, dozens of bomb disarmers are hard at work, defusing hundreds of fake bombs of various types; some pathetically simple - just a button with wires leading into clay putty - to the more complex ones utilising mercury tilt switches, trick wires, and other nasty tricks.

A sound decision by the Chair. The Empire, due to its proximity to the Empire of Guslantis itself, has dispatched a small fleet to protect Syrixia's territorial waters should Vega decide to attack. SAFF has been ordered to raise their DEFCON levels from 5 to 4 just in case things go south.

To the Leaders of Xentherida,

Sigma and Alef, two Master Assassin's, have been dispatched to be our eyes and ears on the ground during your operation. They will follow any orders you give them but they will ultimately answer to me.

Dominus Atreus
Membre dels Nou, Callaici
Forum d'Entesa

To the Leaders of Syrixia,

The Royal Canticum L of the Orientalem Melodiam of Marmore Mandatum have been put on high alert to watch for any threat to Nova Roma. Should you require the use of any of these forces, let me know.

Domina Rhea
Forum d'Entesa

Kalti:
To the Leaders of Xentherida,

Sigma and Alef, two Master Assassin's, have been dispatched to be our eyes and ears on the ground during your operation. They will follow any orders you give them but they will ultimately answer to me.

Dominus Atreus
Forum d'Entesa
To Dominus Atreus,

Thank you for the Master Assassins; they will be used well. We are planning to use them for infiltrating the headquarters; find out the location of bombs, the guard amounts, and the times they change, all while taking down whoever they can. Once they have recovered a significant amount of intelligence, we can utilise this in our training exercises, so we can become more adept at a location as accurate as possible. In the stealth extraction, we will also utilise them to go ahead and secure the hostages.

Prime Minister Adam Reitano,
No. 3 Cosonia Avenue, Blackwater City.

The United States of New Sekai are going to imposed a diplomatic sanctions and economic sanctions against Guslantis. Also, we are in a decision to either declare a war or not against Guslantis. This is all for restoring peace and removing The Empire of Guslantis's government and restoring The Monarchy of Guslantis's government. We are open to diplomatic talks to stop a war even going to happen, if we finally declare war.

(OOC: I know this is actually first time, The United States of New Sekai is thinking about declaring a war on a internation scale.)

We support an NPTO proposal threatening economic sanctions against Guslantis by all NPTO members. As well as a relocation of the NPTO HQ to a to be determined neutral zone similar to the DU HQ to assure this does not happen again in the future.

Zazumo:
We support an NPTO proposal threatening economic sanctions against Guslantis by all NPTO members. As well as a relocation of the NPTO HQ to a to be determined neutral zone similar to the DU HQ to assure this does not happen again in the future.
See a few posts up. I, as Chair of the NPTO, already ordered the move of the NPTO HQ to Callaici for the time being.

Furthermore, an NPTO proposal is an iffy subject due to the fact that the Monarchy of Guslantis (temporarily the Union of Guslantis In Exile) still holds the membership seat in the NPTO, not the Empire of Guslantis. As such, yes we could impose economic sanctions but we would be doing so against a non-NPTO state.

The fact that there are sanctions to impose is appalling. We must cut off all trade with Vega.

And I see no reason to entrap the NPTO in the mess that would result in imposing sanctions on a non member state. If individual NPTO wish to impose sanctions on the Empire of Guslantis, by all means go for it.

The United States of Cronaal, despite having our own leader taken by Vega, will resume trade and productivity with the Empire of Guslantis. Every gain is vital the the survival of the nation and we will not let a kidnapping stop us.

The Advisory Council believes sanctions shall not be imposed on Guslantis. The current leader is not phased by the failing of her own state, and would probably prefer the economy to plunge into an abyss. Her goal is not to rule, but to control the plunge to a Guslant destruction.

In regards to the HQ, the Guslant government highly disagrees with the decision to move the HQ anywhere else but back to Augustus Town when the Monarchy is back in power. The first Chairwoman of NPTO and Archduchess Hutchinson, who is mostly credited with the idea of an entente, worked very diligently to prepare the nation to host the organization. Moving the HQ permanently out of the Jewel would be utterly disgraceful and be a spit in the face of the representatives that signed the Charter in Augustus Town that day.

We are working very hard to disrupt the power hold that Vega has on the nation's capital, but that is one of the last strongpoints she has left.

-Debra Leopard
Temporary NPTO Rep, Guslantis

Back