Does Arux sound cool or stupid or medium?

You should know that we won't keep approving name change requests. If you aren't happy with this one, try to think of one you will stick with. We are unlikely to approve a fourth or fifth name change.

I like it, actually. It is only four letters, but two syllables. Let me tell you, a long name like "Sadakoyama" has its drawbacks. Your previous name I couldn't help but read as "styrene" on first look, every time.

"Arux" also has a phonetic similarity to "auroch", an ancient ancestor of cattle with a fearsome reputation. An auroch is a cow the way a sabertooth tiger is a house cat.

mcmasterdonia:
You should know that we won't keep approving name change requests. If you aren't happy with this one, try to think of one you will stick with. We are unlikely to approve a fourth or fifth name change.
This

Usually admins are happy to allow one name change. But not thereafter.

Arux:
quak1234:
33. Its... short. Uncomfortably short when I say it. I feel like you deserve a longer name.
What do you think I should use then :)
I don't know... maybe Piscivore is right, and it is a good name. And considering the flak you're taking for name changes, I suppose I could grow to enjoy this current name of yours, sir Arux.
Edit: Oh, can I ask why the admins don't like doing multiple name changes?

flemingovia:
mcmasterdonia:
This

Usually admins are happy to allow one name change. But not thereafter.
I'm not changing my name here. I'm just seeing if Arux sounds good enough.

quak1234:
Edit: Oh, can I ask why the admins don't like doing multiple name changes?
Because there is a lot of work involved in being an admin already. Security checks, especially, take a lot of time but so does the endless round of remasking from resident to citizen, back to resident to former resident, then back again when folks retake their oath, etc. Add to that reported posts, forum skin changes and other duties.

Are you surprised that admins discourage unnecessary jobs like people who want to change their names over and over again?

Arux:
What about Audentio or Audentiax or whatever?
Those both sound stupid, to me. And awkward to say. The first one sounds like an way off-brand car stereo. The kind that still has a cassette deck. "Sony guts!"

The other one; just, no. It's what a 10 year old names their wizard the first time they play D&D.

Why are you sweating the name so much? Just develop your country; there's no magic name that's going to inspire awe and make others think your nation is super cool just seeing it.

Piscivore:
Arux:
Those both sound stupid, to me. And awkward to say. The first one sounds like an way off-brand car stereo. The kind that still has a cassette deck. "Sony guts!"

The other one; just, no. It's what a 10 year old names their wizard the first time they play D&D.

Why are you sweating the name so much? Just develop your country; there's no magic name that's going to inspire awe and make others think your nation is super cool just seeing it.
I need... uh a good name when I invade the West Pacific. I just need an 'Audio' or 'Wind' or 'Arith' somewhere in it. And I'm not changing Arux in TNP, only for a new Nation which possibly will be my main.

Arux:
Piscivore:
Arux:

I need... uh a good name when I invade the West Pacific. I just need an 'Audio' or 'Wind' or 'Arith' somewhere in it. And I'm not changing Arux in TNP, only for a new Nation which possibly will be my main.
I don't think any of those things are "needs". And you can't "invade" TWP on your own; all you can do is join them and make an ass of yourself. As I recall, you already tried that. Why don't you just...not?

I was being sarcastic - in a way. Apparently suddenly someone made a nation called 'Audentio' now. Well this idea is sacked.

I don't know, Audentiax still sounds pretty cool to me.
No, wait, it does sound silly.
I still think Arux is okay....
No, wait, this is just me getting used to the name.
How about you just choose a name and stick with it. It will only inspire awe in your allies and fear in your enemies once its earned a reputation.

Or here's an idea. You've changed your nation itself 3 million times, and your name to Arux. OH MY GOD STAY STILL. You're like a child on a sugar high.

Personally, change it to 'Australian'. Everybody luvs our country, it'll have the same effect as when you put a hot person as your avatar (looks at Andrew).

Amerion:
Personally, change it to 'Australian'. Everybody luvs our country, it'll have the same effect as when you put a hot person as your avatar (looks at Andrew).
I'm not Australian though. I just got the avatar off the Polandball Wikia Australiaball Page because I like the look of it. :P

Back