TNP Writer's Club

Being an active and interested writer myself, I am more than happy to join such a club. I am currently working on several novel plots and ideas, but I haven't felt that inspired lately.

I truly love that this thread exists. We have many great writers by nature, in this game. I can't wait to read more.

I mostly write poetry, but don't worry. I refuse to inflict it on the unwilling. :lol:

I'm not really into in novel writing because it feels weird to be writing all by myself. So I write fanfiction where I can upload chapter by chapter and get instant feedback/reviews. And, reading is fun xD

Yuno:
I'm not really into in novel writing because it feels weird to be writing all by myself. So I write fanfiction where I can upload chapter by chapter and get instant feedback/reviews. And, reading is fun xD
(I hope this doesn't count as an unwelcome Gravedig)

Writing Fanfiction is definately a nice feeling when you get chapter by chapter feedback. On the other hand, it really is different from writing a novel when you're writing serially - I got so into the habit of writing fanfic that when I did some original writing for the first time in a while a few months back, I found myself writing for serialized readership despite it not being intended as that.

I completely agree, since Gradea didn't really offer much in terms of activities or anything, being the OP, I might create another writer's club soon and propose some more writing ideas for everyone to try.

I like that idea.

In a writers club I did in College, at the beginning of the meeting, we had a five minute quick write, where we got some kind of very vague prompt (a picture, a word, maybe just an idea) and wrote, to get the juices going, as it were.

A writer's group I'm part of on another website does a weekly contest where the previous week's winner posts a prompt, you write something up to 500 words, and then at the end of the week we vote on it and the winner puts up the next prompt.

I'm probably going to take Creative Writing next year so come next fall I should have a few things for you all.

Back