The West Pacific was invaded

Cormac's allegiance is to no one but himself and whatever region is convenient for him at the time. This turn of events is not completely surprising to me and I expect that once the coup is overthrown he'll ragequit again.

flemingovia:
Mind you, corMac has a point about twp notions of legitimacy.
So basically what you're saying is that DEN is representing native viewpoints, despite the majority of their forces coming from outside TWP in the first place? Sorry, the princess is in another Castle.

Yuri Dolgorukiy:
flemingovia:
Mind you, corMac has a point about twp notions of legitimacy.
So basically what you're saying is that DEN is representing native viewpoints, despite the majority of their forces coming from outside TWP in the first place? Sorry, the princess is in another Castle.
Um... No that is not what I am saying at all.

I was making the point that TWP have a longstanding and oft-voiced philosophy that in-game power is all that matters and that offsite governments only have such legitimacy as the game delegate gives them.

So there is a certain irony in suddenly using the language of "natives" and "rogue delegacies."

PS. I have been in the game a long time and understand it well. I am also not an imbecile. please do not make posts implying that I am.

The posts from the guardians on the RMB haven't really framed this as a coup. They are talking about it as though they are in open revolt, that the Delegate will remain delegate until he is not... So, I think they understand that this can be part of the problem, but the Delegate still abused their trust which they find unacceptable.

If I was looking to spout DEN propaganda McMaster I'd have my WA over there endorsing their lead. I'm critical of this action by the NPA because we all know TWP wouldn't reciprocate.

Well when had the last time we'd helped TWP been, prior to now?

It's entirely conceivable TWP will change its perspective toward TNP somewhat.

I also had a discussion with one of their guardians last night, who expressed their gratitude that the feeders were giving their assistance in this matter.

Eluvatar:
Well when had the last time we'd helped TWP been, prior to now?

It's entirely conceivable TWP will change its perspective toward TNP somewhat.
LOL good one

Honestly, the way I see it is that if a group of outsiders come in to prop up someone who decided to seize all power and replace all native WFE related information with foreign information, that isn't necessarily TWP deciding it's own business. It's a foreign invasion to prop up a government coordinated and backed by said foreign region. How is that TWP being left to it's own devices in who it wants to lead TWP? Not only is that view cynicism at it's utmost, but it's exceedingly silly to think that intervening against a foreign invasion, not a coup, is somehow immoral or disadvantageous.

I personally am pleased to have seen the level of GCR-wide cooperation that took place last night. Animosity and past grievances were set aside in an effort to protect one of our own from outside forces. If I had a heart, it would be warmed.

Also, the message sent out by Cormac is the clearest picture of his intentions as anyone ever needs. His attempts at damage control and attempting to claim some sort of messiah position on the NS forum is laughable.

Wait what? I totally missed all the action :(

Anyway, how exactly did Cormac get control of a WA nation and maintain his own WA in TNP without getting caught? Am I missing something here?

He resigned from the WA here. Then when he changed his mind, as he does every 7 seconds or so, he resigned WA on the TWP delegate nation and rejoined the WA here, and began tarting up again.

Some retirement, eh?

Nierr:
He resigned from the WA here. Then when he changed his mind, as he does every 7 seconds or so, he resigned WA on the TWP delegate nation and rejoined the WA here, and began tarting up again.

Some retirement, eh?
That's like NS's version of a LUEicide. You wanna go out so you make them hate you enough that they do it for you.

Nierr:

Some retirement, eh?
Oh. I would have expected a more thoroughly thought out plan from someone like Cormac.... Anyways thanks for the explanation ^_^

Yuri Dolgorukiy:
Honestly, the way I see it is that if a group of outsiders come in to prop up someone who decided to seize all power and replace all native WFE related information with foreign information, that isn't necessarily TWP deciding it's own business. It's a foreign invasion to prop up a government coordinated and backed by said foreign region. How is that TWP being left to it's own devices in who it wants to lead TWP? Not only is that view cynicism at it's utmost, but it's exceedingly silly to think that intervening against a foreign invasion, not a coup, is somehow immoral or disadvantageous.
It is hardly a stretch to point out that the West Pacific would not do the same for us, were we to be suffering under a rogue delegate. In fact, during more than one coup in recent years, Guardians of TWP (the very people we helped regain control) have openly sided with coupers and gone so far as to move their nations to the region and post pro-coup propaganda.

I ultimately made the decision to deploy the NPA for two reasons - first, because we got a request to do so from tWP, and second, because I believe that TWP under its own control (and indeed, any region under its own control) is a happier situation than being occupied by DEN/TBR. I made this decision even knowing that, had it been us instead, TWP would not have helped us fight and would instead have likely celebrated our downfall.

Perhaps this event will have a ripple effect, and perhaps if TNP (or another GCR) is ever couped in the future TWP will provide aid just as they received it here. I don't know. It is antithetical to their perspective on the game, though, so I'm not terribly optimistic about it.

Anyway. It's not as simple as invasions being bad.

Things change.

That said, there is a difference between a rogue Delegate or coup that is based from within and a Delegate being controlled by an outside UCR group.

The cooperation I saw, and done my part to put into action over that event was pleasing to see. I was also pleased to see the Spiritus Defence Force and the Taijitu Citizens Militia working in the West Pacific alongside the militaries and volunteers from The East Pacific, The South Pacific, The North Pacific and the Pacific. I had a discussion with the Emperor of the New Pacific Order as well during the course of those events.

Attitudes may start to shift, as the West Pacific itself is starting to change. Time will tell what shape this change will take, but I hope that in the event we or another feeder needs aid to fight such an event or similar, in the future that the West Pacific will remember the aid we gave them and do their best to aid the community and region under threat.

Syrixia:
Yuri Dolgorukiy:
mcmasterdonia:
Elegarth has thanked us and other regions for their support in a telegram to the region.
Likewise. I got a message from Ele as well.
I didn't. :cry:
Sorry you didn't!

Thanks!

TWP has its rythm for stuff, lol, this has included to send our diplomats with our official thank you notice!

But I'd like to thank TNP and NPA again. I still owe thanks yous to other regions/organizations! :p

cheers

Back