The Eternal Thread: First TNP Edition!

1?
~payday! ?
:hello:
giphy.gif

Currently watching 'Catweazel' on the telly on the 'Talking Pics' channel - I haven't seen this since the 1970's :)

1stseriescrew.jpg

Last edited:
It was a funny series. It's about a chap called Catweazle an eccentric 11th-century wizard who accidentally travels through time. In the first series he arrives in the year 1969 and befriends a young red-headed boy, Edward Bennet, nicknamed Carrot, who spends most of the rest of the series attempting to hide Catweazle from his father and the farmhand, Sam. Catweazle searches for a way to return to his own time while hiding out in a disused water tower, which he calls Castle Saburac, with his familiar, a toad called Touchwood. Catweazle mistakes all modern technology for powerful magic, particularly "elec-trickery" (electricity) and the "telling bone" (telephone).

C_jLMRcWsAAPHkT.jpg

Last edited:
I can't remember if I've seen that one before, I think I might have.

I'm hoping they have more slow television like they did last summer here, I enjoy those shows, but some music added to it would be nice.

Have been following this new series on the BBC.
Once again, it steers away from the original story line of H.G. Wells, but at least it's set in the time period of the original story.

p17292159_b_v8_aa.jpg

Lol

His name is Rafe Spall and he plays the character called George.

Screen-Shot-2019-10-22-at-15.47.07-f5e31a2.png

George, based on the unnamed narrator of the novel, is a man whose life is torn apart by the alien invasion.

“He is an Edwardian gentleman who has defied convention and has fallen in love with an intelligent fierce beautiful woman called Amy (played by Eleanor Tomlinson), much to the disapproval of their family and society as a whole,” Spall tells RadioTimes.com. “They go off and start a new life together in Woking. And then Martians come and obliterate the human race. Buzzkill!”

What else has Rafe spall been in?

Son of actor Timothy Spall, Rafe Spall has starred in the likes of The Big Short (Danny Moses), Life of Pi (the Writer), Hot Fuzz (DC Andy Cartwright) and Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (Eli Mills), Men in Black: International (Agent C) and Black Mirror’s White Christmas (Joe Potter).

“He is an Edwardian gentleman who has defied convention and has fallen in love with an intelligent fierce beautiful woman called Amy (played by Eleanor Tomlinson), much to the disapproval of their family and society as a whole,"

Normally, I suppose, it'd be a perfect match - but perhaps there was too much of a social divide between them. Mésalliance, so to speak.

He has quite blue eyes too :cute: I think I'll watch this series.

Back