Just like a queef in the wind, so is life
-
-
-
TNP Nation
McMasterdonia
The Eternal Thread: The First Edition in the North Pacific

Overview

I am creating this thread because I have seen other threads around the forum simply fall down into being a meaningless chat thread. This thread will remain open until it reaches 200 pages, where it will be archived and a new one will take it's place. This is the first time that a chat thread has been created on this forum, and it is no guarantee that it will remain open if it is misused.

The Rules

These rules have been taken from the Eternal thread in general. They have been edited to appropriately meet our needs in this area of the forum.

Keep to the rules. Or I will warn you. I will remove posts that break the rules, and the same standards apply for posting here as they do in other areas of the forum. This means no adult jokes, no explicit language, and no flaming. Read more below.

• Three strikes, you're out - end of. 1 day ban for first infraction in any chat thread. 3 day for the next. 7 day for the next. Why? Because these kinds of threads tend to fly heavy and fast, and it is all too easy to let yourself get caught up in the spirit of things, step out of line, and it tends to snowball like mad. We can’t have that. Forum users with already colorful histories are encouraged to tread even more carefully, as stepping out of line here will only add to that, and prior warnings can and will be taken into account when considering the three strikes notation above.
  • There are no new rules for these threads.Things like ‘do not picspam, do not flame, do not troll, do not bait your fellow posters’ are all very good things to keep in mind'. I would also state quite clearly that emoticon spam will not be tolerated either. Use them as part of your post, but this thread should be for chatting with one another, and discussing things that 'matter'. Don't turn it into a shit-posting thread.
  • Keep it family friendly as much as possible. In other words, however much you want to hug and snuggle and flirt, do not get graphic with it. This has also been a problem in other chat threads, and some have been shut down for it. Keep it clean, or take it elsewhere. Does this mean sensitive topics cannot be discussed? No – but have care, as with any forum here on NS, with how you handle it. This includes foul language and inappropriate/adult jokes. This forum will not tolerate such behaviour.
  • These threads are not a blog, or a stage for you to constantly play out your personal dramas – do not treat them like one. Which is not to say folks can’t ask how one another is doing, offer a shoulder now and then, or give some encouragement. Life happens – and it’s nice to have folks you can talk to about it. Just keep in mind that some things are more appropriate to continue discussing in other places. Please use the blogs area of the forum if you wish to create a blog.
  • Nobody else is allowed to create their own chat thread. This has been created by me as an Administrator, and I take responsibility for what is going on here. Including the removing of inappropriate posts and handing out warnings.
  • Title for the thread: If you’ve got some ideas or preferences, let me know – I’ll edit it in to better suit the locals.

Self-Moderation
  • 1: Ask or remind politely if spamming or inappropriate posting takes place.
  • 2: If it isn't egregious, let it go.
  • 3: If it is, and the polite request/reminder goes ignored, report it to the OP (McMasterdonia).
  • 4: Do not hijack the entire thread by getting into a prolonged argument over it.
  • 5: Remember that the rules of the thread are really no different from the rest of the forums, save TET is intended as a chat thread, and thus, the ideas of 'spamming' and such are somewhat relaxed. Don't be overly-uptight when attempting to help keep things clean.
  • 6: No one is to consider themselves the security officers of TET - while we encourage and appreciate player participation in leading by example, and gently reminding others to keep things on track, the Moderators are the 'arbiters of thread justice' and posters have no authority, perceived or otherwise outside their OP rights in the RP forums.
  • 7: Be excellent to one another. A reminder of the need for better behavior ought to be delivered with this in mind, and with the end goal of keeping the thread clean, and fun for all. Not to impose opinions or preferences on your fellow posters. Remind as you would like to be reminded, keep it civil.
  • 8: Leave the drama, divisiveness, cliques, accusations, and assorted nastiness at the door. Don't track it in all over our nice clean thread. The continuance of the thread is up to you, the forum users, to maintain. Let's keep the fun uninterrupted by keeping things pleasant.
  • 9. If you feel that a post is flaming and/or violates the general rules of practice of this board, please use the report post function.

Most of all, enjoy yourselves!

mcmasterdonia:
hello, kalatun! nice to see you on the forum - I always see you liking my posts ;)
Hey there :)
Yeah, I'm in a good mood today xD

When I was travelling to school work today, I had Mr Blue Sky playing on my iPod and felt tremendously happy :)
Tortoises:
Earlier I went to Bernie Sanders fundraising event. #feelthebern :yes:

The image is too big to show on this thread so here is a link.

How is your day today?
Nice one! So you live in Chicago, huh? :P
I made steam groups for both Bernie Sanders and TNP xD

When I'm bothered I'll post them both up on the RMB.

Lennart:
I think it's amazing that we have a TET in here!

Especially because we have less bronies xD

Plus I'm way more friendly than the NS mods.

Also hopefully people don't start listing their mental problems in their signatures like they do in General.

Kalatun:
mcmasterdonia:
hello, kalatun! nice to see you on the forum - I always see you liking my posts ;)
Hey there :)
Yeah, I'm in a good mood today xD

When I was travelling to school work today, I had Mr Blue Sky playing on my iPod and felt tremendously happy :)
Tortoises:
Earlier I went to Bernie Sanders fundraising event. #feelthebern :yes:

The image is too big to show on this thread so here is a link.

How is your day today?
Nice one! So you live in Chicago, huh? :P
I made steam groups for both Bernie Sanders and TNP xD

When I'm bothered I'll post them both up on the RMB.

Good idea, I'm sure you'll get a lot of people interested. I'm surprised there wasn't a steam group up earlier.

Woah, quite a few nice quotes you've got in there! LOL @Unibot calling you a sleezeball son of a bitch! I'm sure you can find an equally charming quote by DD

On a different note: it's cold outside and pissing it down and I have to go to work. It's not fair!

See you guys later ._.

Nessuno:
Hello ladies and gentlemen.

Hi Nessuno :D

Democratic Donkeys:
Erryone should not post in this thread to make McMasterdonia upset and sad.

The thread wasn't just for my sake. I had read various comments about a chat thread - so here it is. . If people don't use it, that is fine.

P?l? O! Syrixia nibi, setan lati ni di? ninu aw?n fun ni TET! Báwo ni a gbogbo oni? ?e rere? ?e buburu? Ireti ti o dara. Haha!

The Spokesman of Eumenor:
mcmasterdonia:
The Spokesman of Eumenor:
I'm going to archive the thread I set up in the Lounge because this removes the need for it.
Your thread is for unrelated RP chat. This is just for chat.
Too late XD
A chat thread doesn't belong in the RP forum anyway. This can be used for the same purpose.
I can return in. I think nierr said no chat thread in RP, but if it was just unrelated RP posts that would work.

I've been working on my TNP Cup bid for at least a few hours, and now the last bit- the Teaser Trailer- is ready to be uploaded to Vimeo. Hoo boy; really stressed right now.

Back