mcmasterdonia

Just like a queef in the wind, so is life
-
-
-
TNP Nation
McMasterdonia
Honourable Ambassadors of the Nation States of the Democratic Union,

I come before you today to demand action. You will have no doubt been briefed on the terrible attack against the McMasterdonian State, our Royal Family, and the now-deceased Queen Matilda II of McMasterdonia. This attack was carried out during a state visit to the nation of Eumenor, a member of this distinguished body, and until today a highly respected nation in the North Pacific.

The Government of Eumenor has previously declared that they support a pacifist approach and they had welcomed the McMasterdonian state visit. Since the start of this visit, it has been apparent to all observers that the Government had gone cold on the proposed relationship with the Kingdom of McMasterdonia. We believed that the Government of Eumenor was honourable and that they would continue forward with the agreed plans.

The Government of Eumenor had guaranteed the safety of the Queen and her delegation when we agreed to visit Eumenor. The details of this state visit were carefully planned over a period of many months, and the Spokesman himself personally oversaw the security procedures and the routes that would be taken by the delegation in order to ensure maximum safety and a minimal impact on the people of Eumenor.

Our faith in the Government of Eumenor was smashed to pieces hours ago, when our beloved Queen was brutally murdered by a professional assassination squad while under the protection of the Eumenorian state. In McMasterdonia, the security services would have responded immediately to any calls for help from any foreign government official under attack on our soil. Why did the security services of Eumenor not respond or arrive in time to even apprehend any of the attackers on the Royal Delegation?

To add salt to our injury, the Government of Eumenor has completely refused to respond to our requests for access to the attack site. They have not responded to our requests for the bodies of the Royal Delegation to be returned to the people of McMasterdonia. Their government has acted in a reprehensible and despicable manner.

We have no choice to believe that either the government of Eumenor was negligent, or they were directly involved in this devestating attack. Their complete inaction and lack of response to our reasonable requests has led the Government to believe that the Spokesman and his government is completely hostile towards our great Kingdom.

We demand that the Democratic Union take action against Eumenor. We demand that Eumenor allow McMasterdonian investigators to access the bomb site without the interference of Eumenorian officials. We demand that the bodies of the Royal Delegation are returned to McMasterdonia without any interference or inappropriate interference.

If appropriate action is not taken immediately, the Kingdom of McMasterdonia does not guarantee that we will not seek alternative action against Eumenor to ensure the safe delivery of the McMasterdonian bodies, and the independent investigation of the site where our Queen and Head of State was brutally gunned down.

Count Gregor
McMasterdonian Ambassador to the Democratic Union

Can the McMasterdonian delegation provide any evidence of Eumenorian participation in this event? I will not discount the tragedy and horror of it, but it is far too early to begin firing accusations.

I feel it is appropriate for us to question the Eumenorian delegate on the matter.

Patrice Hossam
Plembobrian DU ambassador

plembobria:
Can the McMasterdonian delegation provide any evidence of Eumenorian participation in this event? I will not discount the tragedy and horror of it, but it is far too early to begin firing accusations.

I feel it is appropriate for us to question the Eumenorian delegate on the matter.

Patrice Hossam
Plembobrian DU ambassador
We have offered what we believe is quite clear evidence to show that Eumenor was at the very least negligent in their role in the state visit and that they did not afford the appropriate protection or assistance to a foreign head of state as would be expected.

The point of contention is whether or not Eumenor was actively involved in this attack. The Kingdom is prepared to table evidence that demonstrates that the Spokesperson withdrew only hours before the visit to the Embassy was to occur. This was done with no explanation whatsoever and it was quite clearly a sign of great disrespect to our monarch.

Furthermore, the manner in which this has been handled by Eumenor clearly demonstrates that their government is unwilling to allow access to the attack side. They have been in control of the site for hours now and are almost certainly handling the evidence and the body of our Queen! This is an outrage and cannot be tolerated! It is one matter to deny access to the attack site, it is another to handle the corpse of a foreign head of state without any involvement whatsoever of the home of that head of state! It is completely outrageous and cannot be explained.

We need access to the attack site. We need access to the information Eumenor has on the attackers. How was it possible for this attack to happen in broad day light and for no security to come to the assistance of our Queen? These are very serious questions and indicate that Eumenor was at the very least negligent, and quite likely criminally involved in this act of state sanctioned terrorism.

The Kingdom of McMasterdonia is serious about taking action should the DU not take reasonable measures in a reasonable time frame.

OOC: To anyone else, I'd suggest you read our state visit RP thread in National Role Play. We deliberately wrote it in a way to include a fair amount of intrigue. Take from that what you will.

Syrixia does request that Eumenor allows access to the bodies for McMasterdonia, and recommends to Eumenor that it increase its security, especially during state visits. We will not support anything other than what we have just previously mentioned.

I believe a full investigation should occur as well, but I am dubious of the likelyhood of either McMasterdonia or Eumenor being impartial in this matter. Nevertheless, the fact that the Eumonor government is refusing to allow the McMasterdonians even to close to the site is reprehensible.

My I ask of the McMasterdonian delegation, who is heading the government as of now?

plembobria:
I believe a full investigation should occur as well, but I am dubious of the likelyhood of either McMasterdonia or Eumenor being impartial in this matter. Nevertheless, the fact that the Eumonor government is refusing to allow the McMasterdonians even to close to the site is reprehensible.

My I ask of the McMasterdonian delegation, who is heading the government as of now?

As the warden of Royal Caucus, I speak for the government at this time Madam Ambassador. I can assure you that Caucus is meeting and we can expect an announcement momentarily.

Stumbling as she stood, the Russian Republic's representative (wearing a helpful nametag "Hello, my name is Elena Nekrasova") spoke up. "The ambassador from McMasterdonia is right that we have a strict duty under the Collective Defense Agreement. This attack is, by definition, an attack on all of our states." A drop of sweat fell from Elena's pointed chin. "However, beyond the fact that there was such an attack, the information available to us is very, ah, limited. We do not know what actions are necessary to take because we do not know who is behind the attack."

"Under the current circumstances, with both Eumenor and McMasterdonia as members of the Democratic Union, we have an obligation to judge the facts fairly," Elena had to stop to drink a gulp from her teacup, "fairly to both states. We also have an obligation to respond to the attack, which can only be to the truth of the attack."

"I propose an international investigative commission under the auspices of this Democratic Union with police powers in pursuit of its investigation be dispatched to Eumenor, immediately."

A full investigation should occur. However, McMasterdonia should be provided with full access first to allow us to retrieve the bodies and to make our own conclusions without the interference of foreign powers.

It is most concerning to my Government that the Ambassadors to this so-called union are completely ignoring everything I have said. This is a grave insult to the Kingdom and it shall not be forgotten.

We will not simply be ignored. We will not be cast aside. Without an appropriate response other than simply inaction and a bit of hand waving from this body, we will act unilaterally.

I will reiterate the sentiment I expressed earlier. We support an independent investigation, nevertheless the bodies of the deceased belong in the hands of the McMasterdonian government.

The United States of New Sekai motion Zemnaya Svoboda's and mcmasterdonia's proposals. We mean we motion mcmasterdonia's proposal to let them have the "full access first to allow us to retrieve the bodies and to make our own conclusions without the interference of foreign powers."

plembobria:
I will reiterate the sentiment I expressed earlier. We support an independent investigation, nevertheless the bodies of the deceased belong in the hands of the McMasterdonian government.

I thank the Ambassador for her consideration for the bodies of the deceased. However Eumenor continues to have full and unrestricted access to the attack site.

Mr Insanity:
The United States of New Sekai motion Zemnaya Svoboda's and mcmasterdonia's proposals. We mean we motion mcmasterdonia's proposal to let them have the "full access first to allow us to retrieve the bodies and to make our own conclusions without the interference of foreign powers."

I thank the honourable Ambassador and will again reiterate this request. We are growing tired of the lack of response from DU states, and I will write to the chairman urging his involvement immediately.

Letter to the Chairman:
Mr Chairman,

I draw your attention to an urgent matter before the Democratic Union. http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/7434191/1/#new

Our Head of State and Sovereign, Queen Matilda II has been assassinated in Eumenor. It is our belief that the actions of Eumenor in our state visit is a clear indication that Eumenor was already going cold on the Kingdom of McMasterdonia. The sudden changes in the schedule, and the careful planning behind the security of our visit, leads us to believe that the government of Eumenor was certainly involved in this attack.

We demand action be taken against Eumenor or we, the McMasterdonians, will not shy from this act of war. The DU will have to live with the consequences of it's inaction.

Count Gregor,

The Eumenorian delegate stood, all eyes on him.
"Honourable delegates, the delegate has an update on the state of affairs in Eumenor. The government understands the need for transparency in our investigations, and so has allowed the delegate authorise an inpartial investigation into affairs by a coalition of DU nations, acting together as directed by the Union, but not private investigations by individual states, the including at this time McMasterdonia. This investigation will for the moment, regretfully, not give partaking nations access to EumenEYE documents and data, but will allow full access to the crime scene and the rest of the capital.
The situation in Eumenor is constantly evolving, and the delegate is not at liberty to inform you of the current events. All parties involved in the inquiry must be accompanied at all times by (now fully-armed) security officials. There is still a great amount of danger, and for reasons of national security, some details will be lawfully withheld at this time.
Our internal enquirers have now recorded all the information they will be able to recover from the corpses of those involved in the assasination, and so the Eumenorian government will hand over the bodies of the dead at McMasterdonia's earliest convenience."

mcmasterdonia:
plembobria:

I thank the Ambassador for her consideration for the bodies of the deceased. However Eumenor continues to have full and unrestricted access to the attack site.

Mr Insanity:

I thank the honourable Ambassador and will again reiterate this request. We are growing tired of the lack of response from DU states, and I will write to the chairman urging his involvement immediately.

Letter to the Chairman:
Mr Chairman,

I draw your attention to an urgent matter before the Democratic Union. http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/7434191/1/#new

Our Head of State and Sovereign, Queen Matilda II has been assassinated in Eumenor. It is our belief that the actions of Eumenor in our state visit is a clear indication that Eumenor was already going cold on the Kingdom of McMasterdonia. The sudden changes in the schedule, and the careful planning behind the security of our visit, leads us to believe that the government of Eumenor was certainly involved in this attack.

We demand action be taken against Eumenor or we, the McMasterdonians, will not shy from this act of war. The DU will have to live with the consequences of it's inaction.

Count Gregor,
Your welcome. We agreed with Mcmasterdonia about members of The Democratic Union's slow or not responding to the requests.

The Spokesman of Eumenor:
The Eumenorian delegate stood, all eyes on him.
"Honourable delegates, the delegate has an update on the state of affairs in Eumenor. The government understands the need for transparency in our investigations, and so has allowed the delegate authorise an inpartial investigation into affairs by a coalition of DU nations, acting together as directed by the Union, but not private investigations by individual states, the including at this time McMasterdonia. This investigation will for the moment, regretfully, not give partaking nations access to EumenEYE documents and data, but will allow full access to the crime scene and the rest of the capital.
The situation in Eumenor is constantly evolving, and the delegate is not at liberty to inform you of the current events. All parties involved in the inquiry must be accompanied at all times by (now fully-armed) security officials. There is still a great amount of danger, and for reasons of national security, some details will be lawfully withheld at this time.
Our internal enquirers have now recorded all the information they will be able to recover from the corpses of those involved in the assasination, and so the Eumenorian government will hand over the bodies of the dead at McMasterdonia's earliest convenience."
I am glad to hear this. At this time, I can say that no action will be made by Cascadia against Eumenor.We have our reservations, however.

Why is Eumenor the one making demands and determining how this will be handled? This is outrageous. Our Government will not accept these insults against us for much longer. McMasterdonia is entitled to access our dead and to investigate the attack site on our own, without interference, or the negligence of the DU bureaucracy overseeing it.

mcmasterdonia:
Why is Eumenor the one making demands and determining how this will be handled? This is outrageous. Our Government will not accept these insults against us for much longer. McMasterdonia is entitled to access our dead and to investigate the attack site on our own, without interference, or the negligence of the DU bureaucracy overseeing it.
All due respect, honorable delegate from Eumenor, and I say that sincerely; but the McMasterdonian delegate has a point. This is their queen we are talking about. The Head of State of their nation. Their public face. Not to mention this queen was also their Chancellor. The head of government. She was their main woman. It makes sense why they should receive full access. I'm not suggesting all of us should, but I certainly think McMasterdonia should.

We thank the Ambassador from Syrixia for his very reasoned words. We hope that other Ambassadors will be as willing to commit to a solution as he is.

Perhaps Eumenor and McMasterdonia would be interested if Syrixia acted as an impartial country for such an investigation, were it to take place? Eumenor is a fellow member of the Helmebaine and a longtime ally, whereas McMasterdonia is also a longtime ally, which makes such a possibility very easy to pull off.

Thoughts from the delegates of Eumenor and McMasterdonia?

Syrixia:
Perhaps Eumenor and McMasterdonia would be interested if Syrixia acted as an impartial country for such an investigation, were it to take place? Eumenor is a fellow member of the Helmebaine and a longtime ally, whereas McMasterdonia is also a longtime ally, which makes such a possibility very easy to pull off.

I thank the Ambassador from Syrixia for bringing this proposal to the table. The McMasterdonian Government is willing to accept a Syrixian led investigation. However, we must state the following non-negotiable requirements;

1. The Government of Eumenor agrees to allow full unrestricted access to the attack site for as long as the investigative committee requires.
2. The Kingdom of McMasterdonia will be a member of said investigative committee.
3. The Republic of Eumenor will not be a member of this investigative committee, as they have already had time to investigate unilaterally.
4. The bodies of the deceased McMasterdonian citizens will be returned to McMasterdonia before the investigation takes place.
5. Eumenor must agree to keep it's security forces hunting for the assassins. The assassins should be arrested and immediately handed over for a McMasterdonian-led interrogation. We need to find answers and so we must interrogate them.
6. The investigative committee should include one more member, I will suggest the Plembobrian Delegation or the Russian Empire Delegation.

These requirements are very reasonable and they are NON-NEGOTIABLE from the perspective of our government. I hope that these requirements are acceptable to the Government of Eumenor, the distinguished Ambassador from Syrixia, and the other members so-assembled.

~ Ambassador Gregor of McMasterdonia

I would like to hear what the honorable delegate from Eumenor thinks before I state my opinion.

Certainly the ultimate custody of any McMasterdonian dead is in McMasterdonia. The execution of any necessary examination should happen as swiftly as possible to allow for a smooth and appropriate return.

(Apologies for using the wrong account, a bit pressed for time atm.)

mcmasterdonia:
Syrixia:

I thank the Ambassador from Syrixia for bringing this proposal to the table. The McMasterdonian Government is willing to accept a Syrixian led investigation. However, we must state the following non-negotiable requirements;

1. The Government of Eumenor agrees to allow full unrestricted access to the attack site for as long as the investigative committee requires.
2. The Kingdom of McMasterdonia will be a member of said investigative committee.
3. The Republic of Eumenor will not be a member of this investigative committee, as they have already had time to investigate unilaterally.
4. The bodies of the deceased McMasterdonian citizens will be returned to McMasterdonia before the investigation takes place.
5. Eumenor must agree to keep it's security forces hunting for the assassins. The assassins should be arrested and immediately handed over for a McMasterdonian-led interrogation. We need to find answers and so we must interrogate them.
6. The investigative committee should include one more member, I will suggest the Plembobrian Delegation or the Russian Empire Delegation.

These requirements are very reasonable and they are NON-NEGOTIABLE from the perspective of our government. I hope that these requirements are acceptable to the Government of Eumenor, the distinguished Ambassador from Syrixia, and the other members so-assembled.

~ Ambassador Gregor of McMasterdonia
All of these terms are acceptable to the Eumenorian government, and we are pleased to see a nation with our best interests at heart lead the investigation.
The investigation shall proceed.

Very well. I suggest Plembobria as the third investigator, other than McMasterdonia and Syrixia. Given the Russian Empires stated telecommunication issues.

The Government of Eumenor should inform us when the bodies of the deceased are en-route to Mcmasterdonia. There is a Royal McMasterdonian Airlines plane in Eumenor prepared to bring them home.

Back