The Speaker's Desk

spk_seal.png

The Speaker's Desk
Welcome! If you have a question, comment, complaint, or other words for the speaker of the Regional Assembly, you may post them in this thread and you will always receive a response. The speaker will also use this thread to make announcements concerning deputies, changes to the standing procedures, etc. Feel free to reply to those posts - this thread is for dialogue. :)

Members disqualified from holding citizenship
  • Abstain is disqualified from holding citizenship as a consequence of being determined to be a threat to regional security. Pursuant to the vote of the Assembly upholding the Vice Delegate's determination.
  • Biyah is disqualified from holding citizenship as a consequence of being determined to be a threat to regional security. Pursuant to the vote of the Assembly upholding the Vice Delegate's determination.
  • Treize_Dreizehn is disqualified from holding citizenship as a consequence of being determined to be a threat to regional security. Pursuant to the vote of the Assembly upholding the Vice Delegate's determination.
  • Cormac is disqualified from holding citizenship as a consequence of being determined to be a threat to regional security. Pursuant to the vote of the Assembly upholding the Vice Delegate's determination.
  • Funkadelia is disqualified from holding citizenship as a consequence of being determined to be a threat to regional security. Pursuant to the vote of the Assembly upholding the Vice Delegate's determination.
  • Aleister is disqualified from holding citizenship as a consequence of being determined to be a threat to regional security. Pursuant to the vote of the Assembly upholding the Vice Delegate's determination.
  • @New Francois is disqualified from holding citizenship as a consequence of being determined to be a threat to regional security. Pursuant to the vote of the Assembly upholding the Vice Delegate's determination.
Members disqualified from voting
  • N/A

Last edited by a moderator:
The 19th of September 2012:

~ Locked "Recall Grosse" by Kingborough. This motion is no longer valid as Grosse has tendered his resignation pending a special election.
~ Moved " Imperilist venture?" to lobby, as it was not appropriate for the Meeting Chambers.
~ Made a ruling on "Recall Eluvatar, The Delegate", permanently locking it. Ruling found here.
~ Made a ruling on "Goodbye TNP", permanently locking it. Ruling found here.

20th of Septemner, 2012:

~ Split discussion over a complaint made by Govindia into their own thread titled "Complaints from Govindia", as they had no connection to the thread where they were posted.

EDIT: Moved content that was originally contained in the OP into this post, to allow the OP to be redesigned without losing history. -COE

23rd of September 2012:

~ Archived constitutional committee threads into regional assembly debate forums and requested the forum be locked or deleted.

24th of September 2012:

~ Cartwrightia, New Kervoskia, HEM, Iro, and Chairman of FCPR were admitted to the Regional Assembly.

25th of September 2012:

~ Letonna, John Ashcroft Land (their TNP nations CTE'd) Terra Lucum and The Archer (failed to login for 30 days) were removed from the Regional Assembly.

Kingborough, I just wanted to send a note of appreciation for the job you have done thus far. this may not be the appropriate place but i didn't want to start a thread.

Thank you Punk D.

On that note;

September 28th 2012:

~ Closed "Amendment to the Bill of Rights" by Cormac Docherty in Meeting Chamber as he wished to withdraw the proposal.

30th September, 2012:

~ The United Democracy (banjected), scs757 and Marcican (failed to login to the forum for more than 30 days) and Giovanni Longo (upon his request that he be removed) have been removed from the Regional Assembly.

6th October, 2012:

~ Ator People was removed from the Regional Assembly because their TNP nation CTE'd.
~ John2845 admitted to the Regional Assembly.

16th of October, 2012:

~ Established a new precedent in response to unnecessary campaigning and speaking in voting threads; ruling found here

17th of October, 2012:
~ Kyle Keeling and Jbwncster were admitted to the RA.

October 24th, 2012:

~ Cartwrightia and Kannedom were removed from the Regional Assembly as their TNP nation's CTE'd.
~ Jurisdictions, Camwood, Jack Dixie and Masanmay were admitted to the Regional Assembly.
~ The WA Voting Regulation Act was closed and results posted.

Mr Speaker,

Govindia has asked me to pass on his apologies, he is currently quite unwell and is not sure when he will be able to return. I tell you this as he does not want his RA membership to be removed due to forum inactivity.

The WA voting act has passed but three nations were unaccounted for: Gladio, Tim and FALCONKATS; they should be listed under not voting. Also the not voting total is written as 16 but lists 17, so if you add those three it comes to 20.

Also could Sovreignry now be 'confirmed activity' in the RA member list?

Thanks!

Chasmanthe:
The WA voting act has passed but three nations were unaccounted for: Gladio, Tim and FALCONKATS; they should be listed under not voting. Also the not voting total is written as 16 but lists 17, so if you add those three it comes to 20.

Also could Sovreignry now be 'confirmed activity' in the RA member list?

Thanks!
I'll go fix the problems with the WA voting act.

As for confirmed activity, that field of the list is updated and maintained by scripts which have now decided to blow their top and refuse to do their job so for the time being it's not being maintained.

mcmasterdonia:
Mr Speaker,

Govindia has asked me to pass on his apologies, he is currently quite unwell and is not sure when he will be able to return. I tell you this as he does not want his RA membership to be removed due to forum inactivity.
And I'm back.

Had a trip to the ER for a few days, but I'm doing better now.

30th of October, 2012:

~ Felasia was removed from the Regional Assembly for failing to log in to the forum for 30 days.
~ r3naissanc3r was admitted to the Regional Assembly.

1st of November, 2012:
~ Moved "Motion to Recall the Delegate" to a vote.

2nd of November, 2012:

~ Sergenian was removed from the Regional Assembly for failing to login to the forums for 30 days.
~ A series of rules for the voting forums were implemented.
~ Mavis, Anakin.Luke, Koth, Biyah and DRUK were admitted to the Regional Assembly.

2nd of November (continued), 2012:
~ Raymond Sullivan was admitted to the Regional Assembly.

5th of November, 2012:

~ Anakin.Luke (TNP nation has moved out of the region), and Drugged Monkey (has failed to login for 30 days) were removed from the Regional Assembly.

5th of November, 2012 (continued):
~ Welsh Cowboy was admitted to the Regional Assembly.

6th of November, 2012:
~ Cormac Stark was removed from the Regional Assembly at his request.

7th of November, 2012:
~ "The Bigfoot Surströmming Act" and "Blue Wolf's admission to the SC" were placed at a vote in the Regional Assembly.

8th of November, 2012:
~ Cormac Stark and Khan were admitted to the Regional Assembly.

whoops, forgot to update this.

21st of November, 2012:
~ King Durk the Awesome, North East Somerset, tear151, ryanchua94, Seomis and Gaspo were admitted to the regional assembly.

Moosemenland and Joshua were both admitted to the Regional Assembly accordingly.

Raymond Sullivan's nation is no longer in TNP and Chairman of FCPR's nation has CTE'd. Both have been removed as members of the RA.

As Kiwi as resigned as Deputy Speaker, I have taken the chair as Speaker Pro Tempore being the most senior member of the Regional Asse,bly.

Tyler Kazakov has been removed from the Regional Assembly as his TNP nation of record has left TNP.

Following my election as Speaker, I have taken the required oath of office, and Grosse is hereby relieved as Speaker Pro Tempore.

Over the next couple of days I will be getting to grips with what needs to come before the Regional Assembly, and dealing with any backlog of applications. i will also be auditing the RA membership to make sure all details are correct etc.

OK here is how votes are going to work in my term:

1. The speaker will abstain on all votes.
2. You can debate in the debating thread. Voting threads are for votes only.
3. If you feel the pressing need to explain your vote, do it in the debate thread.
4. Voting may be "aye" "nay" or "present", in plain black text.
5. Anything else in the voting thread will be edited away, especially if I think it is an attempt to influence the voting of others.
6. If you take the piss by ignoring the above, your vote will not be counted.

Thats it for now. See you in court.

As of the date and moment of this post, the channel #tnp on irc is the official channel of the office of Speaker of The North Pacific. All speaker announcements will be made in that channel.

Work commitments mean that my access to TNP will be patchy for a few days. Next week my father's funeral takes place on Friday 18th, which means that I will be somewhat distracted most of the week.

pip pip

flemingovia:
Work commitments mean that my access to TNP will be patchy for a few days. Next week my father's funeral takes place on Friday 18th, which means that I will be somewhat distracted most of the week.

pip pip
I'm so terribly sorry for your loss sir. You have my condolences.

May your father rest in peace :hug:

Back