The Speaker's Desk

Regional Assembly Digest
(29-08-2016 - 05-09-2016)

Speaker of the Regional Assembly: Zyvetskistaahn
Deputy Speaker: Iopjvi
Deputy Speaker: United Regions of Geographic Masses

Old Business: Please find below a list of proposals that have passed and failed this past week.

No old business this week. :(

New Business: Below can be found a list of proposals currently before the assembly.

1. NPA Doctrine Revisions: Under discussion
2. Regional Officer amendment to the Bill of Rights: Under discussion

Other Business: See below for other matters that may concern you as a member of the RA.

1. We extend a warm welcome to our newest Assembly members: Durrachium, Swasal, InocanWarrior, Antarticeuropa, Nasania, kxwww, Proveny, addu1992, Silverakia, shadowrik, and
Ash.

2. We bid a fond farewell to those who have left us: Berdina, Apathetical, Kanudos, nydna, Amerion, Troperia, mels, Jacmob01, RoseNoire, Wombat_Hero, Kyle Germita, Dave1997, hnt, Drundhill, Citriux, Ambassador of New Natolonof, Melhiceradam, CnocBride, Bourgognesace, and InocanWarrior.

3. Candidacy declarations in the September General Election have closed and the campaigning period has started. Standing for Delegate are Bootsie and Plembobria; for Vice Delegate are Lord Lore, Yeraennus, Praetor, Lord Ravenclaw, and Romanoffia; and for Speaker is Zyvetskistaahn. Campaigning lasts for four days, with voting beginning on Thursday and lasting for five days. Good luck to all the candidates and remember: vote early, vote often!

Iopjvi's Quack of the Week
A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause gout.

Zyvetskistaahn Presents: Long Names
My name is fourteen letters long, but it's not the longest name ever.Complete Lawlessness is longer.

You are receiving this telegram because you are a member of the Regional Assembly of The North Pacific. Please inform the Speaker or a Deputy Speaker if you wish to stop receiving the Weekly Digest.

I am in some confusion as to the citizenship status of Yatzatz. They are not listed in the Citizens registry, nor are they mentioned in a post in this topic. From what I have been able to glean from the applications topic they applied (time=1469620476), were conditionally granted citizenship (time=1469702508), failed their first admin check (time=1470068022), and according to admin records were masked as Citizen (time=1470751860), shortly before this post which did not explicitly identify them. Clarification would be appreciated.

~Eluvatar as Election Commissioner

Yatzatz's application for citizenship was rejected due to failing the admin check and they were told of the need to reapply; as they have not reapplied they are not a citizen. However, it appears that they have been incorrectly masked as a citizen, which I will notify both Yatzatz themself and the Administrative team of.

Regional Assembly Digest
(05-09-2016 - 20-09-2016)

Old Business: Please find below a list of proposals that have passed and failed this past week.

No old business this week. :(

New Business: Below can be found a list of proposals currently before the assembly.

1. Regional Officer amendment to the Bill of Rights: Under discussion
2. Security Assessments Bill: At vote
3. A Bill to Fix an Ambiguity in the Regional Security Law: Under discussion

Other Business: See below for other matters that may concern you as a member of the RA.

1. We extend a warm welcome to our newest Assembly members: Tremagne de Taelmia, Barbarossistan, kropia, LosNobles, Pritaino, Constellation, Nessuno, Beeen, stalin1953, artiza, Naurm, Scorch, R2green3, Unimaginable Doom, Pallaith, pyrist, Dortenburg, Alozia, Altmoras, Vantaria, Thugger Thugger, Greliser, Bourgognesace, RepublicofRawls, Citriux, Cthemonkey04, Victorian Coasts, TheHarambe, Abbey Anumia, PRA, DaMurica, Andrenne, Yatzatz, Independent Homer, Possibly this, ir_goyanes, Kosumi, Naogera, and Gatland!

2. We bid a fond farewell to those who have left us: Frozentophat, milbey, Yuno, TheGreatMing787, Valenair, tonail, milbey, The Republic of Sylvan, Gottberg, ImSpyguy, Kilactic, SG & BG Burster, cvlang, FranKania, Atain, Praxore, PenguPolis, Elspeth and Samina, Avelor, Silverakia, dinosinatra, andree, razzym, Corporal Clegg, Molgradea, and Hughy.c. We are sorry to see them go.

3. The September General Election has concluded. Plembobria was elected Delegate, Lord Ravenclaw was elected Vice Delegate, and Zyvetskistaahn was reelected Speaker. Congratulations to the winners and commiserations to the unsuccessful candidates.

4. The Speaker's Office is looking for a new Deputy Speaker. To apply, send a private message expressing interest and including a short statement of why you wish to be a Deputy Speaker to the Speaker on the regional forum.

You are receiving this telegram because you are a member of the Regional Assembly of The North Pacific. Please inform the Speaker or a Deputy Speaker if you wish to stop receiving the Weekly Digest.

Regional Assembly Digest
(20-09-2016 - 26-09-2016)

1. Security Assessments Bill: Passed

1. Regional Officer amendment to the Bill of Rights: Under discussion
2. A Bill to Fix an Ambiguity in the Regional Security Law: Under discussion
3. A debate on the implications of the WA Accord on Campaign Spam

1. We extend a warm welcome to our newest Assembly members: Misael G. Bartlet, Hel_Purel, Lord dreyman, Vimodia, Diam Ghem, Karazan, StardustStorm, and MaStErMeMeDaDdY!

2. We bid a fond farewell to those who have left us: Punk D, Paulmeyer17, Naogera, Blue Wolf II, OPArsenal, asianhacker, Doyleada, The Scientific League, The Emporer of Rednaxland, The Transval Republic, New Drayton, Diva Tudors, TheScouts, and Shaymin Flight. We are sorry to see them go.

3. The Speaker’s Office is looking for a new Deputy Speaker. To apply, send a private message expressing interest and including a short statement of why you wish to be a Deputy Speaker to the Speaker on the regional forum.

4. The Standing Procedures maintained by the Speaker’s Office have been amended to better reflect the procedure that has been applied to treaties.

It is with regret that I must note that Quak1234 is no longer a Deputy Speaker. This is due to him having not logged on to this forum in the last fourteen days without prior notice and, thereby, having abandoned the office of Deputy Speaker under clause 7 of Section 4.2 of the Codified Law.

Quak has served as part of the Speaker's Office for over a year, having been first appointed by my predecessor COE. He was incredibly diligent and humorous in all the work he did for the Office, whether in the Assembly managing business or working on admissions and removals of citizenship. It is most unfortunate for the Office, and I think the Assembly at large, that it is now lacking such a first-rate member.

spk_seal.png

I hereby appoint Kondratev to the position of Deputy Speaker. Welcome to the Speaker's Office. You may take your oath.

Thanks, guys. I look forward to working with Zyvet and you all to help spin this great hamster wheel that powers TNP.

court_seal.png

Sentencing Order of the Court of the North Pacific
In the case of The North Pacific v. The Swedish Republic of New Kenya

Order drafted by Eluvatar, joined by Altmoras and Kialga

Pursuant to this sentence:

Eluvatar:
court_seal.png

Sentencing Order of the Court of the North Pacific
In the case of The North Pacific v. The Swedish Republic of New Kenya

Order drafted by Eluvatar, joined by Altmoras and Kialga

The Court took into consideration the relevant clauses 7 and 8 of the North Pacific Sentencing Code (Legal Code, Chapter 2):

7. Conspiracy will be punished by a sentence strictly less than what would be appropriate for the original crime.
8. Gross Misconduct will be punished by removal from office and the suspension of voting rights for whatever finite duration the Court sees fit.

The Court took into consideration the sentencing recommendation by the prosecution:

SillyString:
Apologies for my absence; as I'm sure you can imagine, events this week rather took my attention away from this trial. The sentencing recommendation from my office is as follows:
  • Suspension of voting rights for three months; no loss of office as the defendant does not currently hold any office in TNP;
  • Delayed enforcement of this sentence, due to the defendant not currently being a citizen or having voting rights, such that the suspension of voting rights begins when the defendant next becomes a citizen - or next attains voting privileges, if the franchise is ever extended to non-citizens.

I am unsure if a more extensive defense of my recommendations is required or desired by the court, but I am willing to provide one if asked.

Eluedit: fixed list tag on request

The Court took into consideration the sentencing recommendation by the defense:

flemingovia:
Your honour, in entering this recommendation to the court we are conscious that my client has entered a guilty plea on the understanding, offered by the prosecution and confirmed by the justices, that the sentence to be imposed by the court involves a loss of potential voting rights for a finite period.

The defence would recommend that the period is kept short, and that enforcement of this suspension is not delayed, as the Attorney General has recommended.

Your honour, New Kenya is an impressionable nation who did a foolish thing. He was foolish to suppose that he could win an election in TNP, and doubly foolish to seek to involve Pierconium in his fantasies.

However, he is keen to remain part of TNP – when he appointed me his counsel it was in the hope that this would be possible – and keen to be a productive member of our society. In short, he is precisely what our regional government is seeking at the moment to encourage. It would be a shame if an overly harsh sentence were to discourage his rehabilitation.

Furthermore, delaying the enforcement indefinitely means that whenever New Kenya applies for citizenship, be it in a few months or fifty years, he will be unable to vote for three months because of something he did as a foolish youngling. In effect, this discourages him from ever being rehabilitated or applying for citizenship ever again. This flies in the face of our regional policy of encouraging participation and involvement.

The defence recommends that an appropriate punishment for the crime would be a token suspension of voting privilege for one month, with no delayed enforcement. This sends out the message that he is guilty, while also emphasising the trivial nature of his offence, which in the opinion of the defence should not have been brought to court in the first place.

(if you want to stop reading here, that is fine. But I would like to outline why the specific offence New Kenya was accused of is trivial).

Your Honour, New Kenya never offered a serious threat to our region. It would be harsh indeed to punish him severely when far more damaging threats to our region have gone uncharged or unpunished. I refer to the likes of Upper Kirby or Galapagos Islands. The Security Council certainly never considered him a serious threat to the region; the tone of the discussions showed that as does the fact that even during the trial most of the SC, including the delegate and Vice-Delegate continued to endorse New Kenya. The Army, the Executive Government and the Security Council never considered him a threat, and we believe the sentence should reflect this.

The defence also contends that the details of the charge that New Kenya has pleaded guilty to should warrant a very low sentence. Conspiracy to commit Gross Misconduct is defined in our legal code as

planning, attempting, or helping to commit … the violation of an individual's legally mandated sworn oath, either willfully or through negligence.

The "oath" specifically referenced by the prosecution in the indictment is that New Kenya took on joining the NPA in January 2016:

I, _________ request to join The North Pacific Army. I pledge to serve our regions security and military interests, both at home and abroad. I pledge to obey all military rules and laws, as well as the laws of The North Pacific in my service in the military. I pledge to respect the chain of command and my fellow officers at all times. I pledge my loyalty to the North Pacific Region, our people, and our government.

Let us examine this oath in detail, and see what part of the oath my client is guilty of conspiring to break?

I pledge to serve our regions security and military interests, both at home and abroad.

Your honour, to this New Kenya is clearly guilty. He did not serve our regional security or military interests. The guilty plea reflects this.

However, in sentencing I would urge you not only to reflect what New Kenya did, but what he did not do. In his foolishness, he offered what he could not deliver; but in doing that he divulged no regional or military secrets. He did not directly jeopardise the delegacy or our constitution. It is doubtful that he could have done so, even had Pierconium decided to aid him.

I pledge to obey all military rules and laws, as well as the laws of The North Pacific in my service in the military.

No actual evidence was offered that New Kenya broke any military rules of TNP. The only law he was ultimately charged with breaking is that of conspiracy.

. I pledge to respect the chain of command and my fellow officers at all times.

NK did not break the chain of command of the NPA in his actions. He neither followed nor broke a direct order.

. I pledge my loyalty to the North Pacific Region, our people, and our government.

Your honour, here the defence is willing to concede New Kenya’s guilt and the appropriateness of sentencing him. New Kenya’s approach to Pierconium was certainly not loyal to the Constitutional Government.

But if the court is willing to see lack of "loyalty" as the basis for a severity of punishment then there are thousands of instances that might find themselves in court. Because many of us have sounded off about the Constitutional government, and could be considered “disloyal”. I myself was barred access to the NPA for a while because of fears that I was not loyal enough. It did not land me in court … but after this trial, it could do.

Your honour, if we start to interpret "gross misconduct" as a matter of "Loyalty", and if we further interpret "loyalty" as "talking to or about people" then the protections to free speech accorded us by the bill of rights are severely strained.

Your honour, the contention of the defence is that the only part of his NPA oath that New Kenya can be considered to have broken is that he was not loyal to TNP and did not serve our region’s security. The danger to our region was minimal and the "threat" laughable. We would maintain that in order to preserve the Bill of Rights declaration that punishment should be proportionate to the crime, a lenient or token punishment should be handed down.

The Court finds as follows:

Under The North Pacific Legal Code Chapter 2, Clauses 7 and 8, The Court sees fit that The Swedish Republic of New Kenya will be punished for Conspiracy to commit Gross Misconduct with suspension of voting rights in a limited period as further defined:

If they apply for citizenship in the next 10 months, they will have their voting rights suspended for 2 months. Otherwise, if they join within the next year, they will have their voting rights suspended until this day next year. Otherwise, they will face no suspension of voting rights.

The Speaker of the RA will be informed of this verdict and instructed to make appropriate requests of forum administration and The North Pacific Election Commission.

This decision will stand unless overturned by an appeal. The Court hereby closes the case of The North Pacific v. The Swedish Republic of New Kenya.

The Court instructs the Speaker of the Regional Assembly:
1. To request of forum administration, if and when The Swedish Republic of New Kenya gain citizenship and have their voting rights suspended pursuant to this sentence, not to permit The Swedish Republic of New Kenya voting access during the period of suspension, referring to this sentence.
2. Regardless of action by forum administration, not to count any vote cast by The Swedish Republic of New Kenya in the Regional Assembly during any such period.
3. To instruct any Election Commission supervising any election during any such period not to count any vote cast by The Swedish Republic of New Kenya, referring to this sentence.

At the conclusion of the vote on the citizenship bill, could the Speaker please update the News Box to reflect the ongoing vote on the revocation of the ratification of the treaty on campaign spam?

spk_seal.png
January 14, 2017​

Hello everyone. As you probably saw, I was just elected Speaker of the Regional Assembly. I want to thank each and every one of you who trusted me enough to give me your vote. I will do my part to make you proud and protect that investment so that this office serves you just as capably as it always has, and then some. It's been a while since TNP has elected a new speaker. We owe an enormous debt to Zyvetskistaahn for his outstanding term of service to this region. That kind of greatness casts a long shadow, and I accept that I will be standing within his shadow for a while. It is my hope that as time goes on, you do not forget him, but that you can see the things we do within his shadow that honor and respect his legacy and inch us forward as we follow the path TNP is on in this exciting new term and new year. New challenges will demand new solutions, but we will not address these challenges without keeping in mind all the ways the work Zyvet and his predecessors can continue to serve us. You can count on this office to continue doing what works while finding its footing in new places, most notably the integration of Discord and the continued discussion of citizenship application reform.

I am proud to be here and excited to get started. I know that as the first speaker elected to this role without prior speaker office experience, I am going to need to hit the ground running. To aid me in this effort, I already have a fantastic deputy in Kondratev, my capable and worthy opponent for this office. I hope that he can continue serving you in his capacity as deputy and show me through his example how a dedicated citizen can make an impact in his region and make a difference doing one of the most important and unsung jobs we have in TNP.

I am also pleased to announce that I will appointing former speaker Zyvetskistaahn as Deputy Speaker as well. You had to know that someone of his immense talents, a pillar of the community and the load-bearing pillar of this office, would not be able to escape so easily. I thank him in advance for his continued service to this office and to this region, and to thank him again even more vociferously for gracing me with his presence and helping to transition this office to a new generation. I know that this will be a great team and that in the days ahead we can carry the torch forward even further as we strive to bring in more staff and educate the region as to the many opportunities and options available to them as members of the RA.

-Pallaith

Thanks guys. I just wanted to add a quick addendum. I am authorizing my deputy Zyvet to commission all special elections, especially the ongoing ones that began under his term as speaker.

Regional Assembly Digest
(13-01-2017 - 23-01-2017)

Speaker of the Regional Assembly: Pallaith
Deputy Speaker: Zyvetskistaahn

Old Business: A list of proposals that have passed and failed this past week couple of months.
1. A motion to Override the Delegate's Veto of the Evidence Redaction Bill: Failed, 11-21-11
2. Evidence Redaction Bill: Passed, 47-10-13, and Vetoed
3. Revocation of the World Assembly Accord on Campaign Spam: Passed, 31-0-7
4. Citizenship Bill: Failed, 18-44-10
5. A Bill to Amend Section 6.1 of the Legal Code; Failed, 15-17-6
6. Ratification of the Coalition Against the Ideology of Nazism
7. A Bill to Amend the Bill of Rights (Regional Officer Amendment): Passed, 42-11-6
8. A Bill to Amend Section 5.5 of the Legal Code: Passed, 28-1-10

New Business: A list of proposals currently before the assembly.

1. Security Council Reform Bill: Under discussion
2. Ballot Validity Bill: Under discussion
3. Election Endorsement Bill: Under discussion

Other Business: Other matters that may concern you as a member of the RA.

1. We extend a warm welcome to our newest Assembly members: Marcus Gaius, Equitiar, sagehen, Weever, The Communist State of Texas, Edu Villad, Elysia, TenaciousTesseract, SpectralFire, NsLHT, Zeliox, James_C, DaMurica, and Selanaia!

2. We bid a fond farewell to those who have left us: Eluvatar, TheHarambe, Allaya, Bourgognesace, Mew States, anopic, Head Guard Garroth, Kondratev, Elegarth, Rausenburg, and Zachary.

3. The January General Election has concluded. Plembobria was reelected Delegate, Tomb was elected Vice Delegate, and Pallaith was elected Speaker. Congratulations to the winners and commiserations to the unsuccessful candidates. Nominations have also reopened for the Attorney General and Court Justice special elections.

4. One of our recently departed RA members was one of our Deputy Speakers, Kondratev. We thank him for his great service to the region and to this office, and extend an invitation to any in the RA who wish to apply for the role of Deputy Speaker. If you wish to apply, send a private message to the Speaker expressing interest and please include a statement stating why you wish to be a Deputy Speaker on the regional forum.

spk_seal.png
January 27, 2017​

I would like to formally announce the selection of Ornge as Deputy Speaker. As one of my opponents in the recent race for Speaker, he had some great ideas and I look forward to working with him to bring some of that new energy into this office. His experience in the Ministry of Communications will also be an asset in enhancing regional education regarding the Regional Assembly, and I look forward to seeing more robust debate in the RA and greater interest in it in general.

-Pallaith

Regional Assembly Digest
(23-01-2017 - 28-01-2017)

Deputy Speaker: Religioncord

Old Business: A list of proposals that have passed and failed this past week.

No Old Business this week.

1. Security Council Reform Bill: Vote Scheduled
2. Ballot Validity Bill: Under discussion
3. Election Endorsement Bill: Under discussion

1. We extend a warm welcome to our newest Assembly members: Rapha, Northern Scovia, Duke91, Cat, Fordana, Cloudempire, Lamb, Ranavor, Necerierra, wkcia, Emyt, Stephen M. Abarca, PBW234, Olmoye, and Queen Storm!

2. We bid a fond farewell to those who have left us: Yayness, NuclearFizzler, neen, Galadon, Estroya, Boorati, United German Regions, SORT, Boza, Fordana.

3. The Speaker’s office welcomes Ornge as our latest Deputy Speaker. Our invitation to any RA member who wishes to apply for the role of Deputy Speaker remains open. If you wish to apply, send a private message to the Speaker expressing interest and please include a statement stating why you wish to be a Deputy Speaker.

Regional Assembly Digest
(29-01-2017 - 09-02-2017)

1. Security Council Reform Bill: Failed, 11-22-10

1. Ballot Validity Bill: Discussion on hold
2. Election Endorsement Bill: Discussion on hold
3. Security Council Reform Bill: Under Discussion

1. We extend a warm welcome to our newest Assembly members: Dreatos, Toronce, Cerian Quilor, Nick Foxtails, Musasias, LCH6, Zppix, Lozinak, Malicco, Sophista, Cerom, Veniasufia, Barbarussia, New Rivia, Mall, KohGeek, Riechelburg, Markiavellia, President Underwood, and Gilgethan!

2. We bid a fond farewell to those who have left us: Primeboy1, Vian Technocrats, Mirandea, Argonisi Hub, Yuno, Icelus, Mystiry, Jaylanhernandez, Sam Damon, Weever, Mark Stauffenberg, Altmoras, Taiyochi, IWannaBeAWarhol, Hermaes, Hesskin Empire, Navaronia, Librodania.

3. Our office is happily staffed, but there’s always room for more. Our invitation to any RA member who wishes to apply for the role of Deputy Speaker remains open. If you wish to apply, send a private message to the Speaker expressing interest and please include a statement stating why you wish to be a Deputy Speaker. We also extend an invitation to anyone who wishes to participate in the Speaker’s office, but perhaps not on the level of deputy. If you have an inkling of talent or interest in the work we do, we would love to hear from you!

Item 1 under Other Business seems to just be a list of new Citizens with no explanation given. Seems you've forgotten to put "We extend a warm welcome to our newest Assembly members:" before it. :P

A quick (and official) admin question for the Speaker's office.

Historically, different speakers have handled citizen admissions differently.

Some have been happy for admins to remask once the Speaker has posted in the Cit Ap thread that the application is approved and checks have been carried out.

Other speakers have preferred admins to wait until we are told to remask the applicant in the Admin requests thread.

This term, Abbey has been operating under the former assumption, I have been working under the latter assumption!

So can you give us a definite instruction: when would you like us to remask?

My understanding of Mr Speaker's position is that remaskings ought to be carried out if: an applicant has passed both Admin and Vice Delegate checks and been granted citizenship; an applicant has been conditionally granted citizenship and has passed both checks; or an applicant has passed the Admin check and been granted citizenship with the time for the Vice Delegate's check having elapsed.

I should note, I am answering because Mr Speaker presently has limited ability to be on the forum; I believe that he ought to return to more regular access in a week or so. If I am incorrect in my understanding, then I am sure that he will correct me when he gets the opportunity to do so.

Regional Assembly Digest
(10-02-2017 - 22-02-2017)

No Old Business this week

1. Ratification of the Treaty of the Northern Folk: At vote
2. Ballot Validity Bill: Discussion on hold
3. Election Endorsement Bill: Discussion on hold
4. Security Council Reform Bill: Under Discussion

1. We extend a warm welcome to our newest Assembly members: King Leonidas, Libellen, Funkadelia, Canton, Mystiry, Ryccia, Cudwieser, John_Doe, Aloenia, Netp, Olvasztoviktor, TRUEa7, Sint Johannes, Geniva, Lavabeard, Minthas, Hayoc, Havelu, and Kundam!

2. We bid a fond farewell to those who have left us: DeFreeze, Moosira, Mouxordia, kundam, Litzerland, LilyAnne, sagehen, The Communist State of Texas, Elysia, TenaciousTesseract, SpectralFire, NsLHT, BluieGamer, pohotu3, MrCleansLawyer, Lennart, OufessStan, Artemis Noldóran, Liberlandrija, Didge259 Of Ashwater, SirPotatoes, Greg Rather, and Weever.

3. As always, our invitation to any RA member who wishes to apply for the role of Deputy Speaker remains open. If you wish to apply, send a private message to the Speaker expressing interest and please include a statement stating why you wish to be a Deputy Speaker. We also extend an invitation to anyone who wishes to participate in the Speaker’s office, but perhaps not on the level of deputy. If you have an inkling of talent or interest in the work we do, we would love to hear from you!

I just wanted to give a huge thank you to Ornge, for really stepping up the last couple of weeks. A couple weeks ago my grandmother passed away and I promptly had to hop on a plane to attend the funeral. I've been caching up on the things that piled up during that last week, and I feel things are finally starting to return to normal. I regret that word of my unexpected absence didn't travel as far as it should have, I meant to make a statement earlier but it didn't seem to work out. I promised you guys prompt processing of applications and regular communication. I intend to live up to that promise. Sorry for the slack, we'll be working double time to make up for it.

I cannot stress enough how much of a lifesaver Ornge has been, and of course without Zyvet we wouldn't be on top of the RA voting process. But without a few key talented personnel, it doesn't take long for us to fall behind. There's plenty to do and as I have been saying in our digests, we would love to have more hands on deck. We use a lot of lists and study posts, and more eyeballs can help us complete those processes faster. I do hope if you're looking for a way to get more involved in TNP you give us a thought.

I am aware the latest digest is a tad behind when it comes to citizen lists. We wanted to get one out as soon as we could since it's been to long since the last one. Rest assured, the ending (soon to be finished) RA vote and the rest of the citizen changes will show up on the next one. We may have to plan these to be every 2 weeks going forward, so that we can get them out more regularly. And that's all for now.

flemingovia:
A quick (and official) admin question for the Speaker's office.

Historically, different speakers have handled citizen admissions differently.

Some have been happy for admins to remask once the Speaker has posted in the Cit Ap thread that the application is approved and checks have been carried out.

Other speakers have preferred admins to wait until we are told to remask the applicant in the Admin requests thread.

This term, Abbey has been operating under the former assumption, I have been working under the latter assumption!

So can you give us a definite instruction: when would you like us to remask?
Zyvet is correct, I was operating under the assumption of the former, as Abbey was. I was willing to wait for the admins to do that when they check the thread, and only used the admin thread when some time had passed. However, I felt that was rushing them needlessly so I backed off to just waiting for masking based on the applications thread. That is still how I would like to do it, especially since when I have mentioned it directly to admins I have also linked to that thread. I have no particular allegiance to either method though, if the admin team feels it is easier to use the admin requests thread this office would be happy to do so.

Regional Assembly Digest
(22-02-2017 - 10-03-2017)

Deputy Speaker: Sheppey

1. Ratification of the Treaty of the Northern Folk: Passed, 27-8-5

1. Official Regional Turtle Bill: Under discussion
2. A Motion to Admit Lord Ravenclaw to the Security Council: At vote
3. Unlawful Publication of Sensitive Material Bill: Under discussion
4. Security Council Reform Bill: Discussion on hold
5. Ballot Validity Bill: Discussion on hold
6. Election Endorsement Bill: Discussion on hold

1. We extend a warm welcome to our newest Assembly members: iUniques, Caligula, Bawrai, Bucketgang, Nuclear Cornflakes, William Ross, Aleura, pandapig12, Garypeters37, Moosira, Kingfisher101, The Great Cacti, Portlandia, Joshbly, Leo I, Amaryllisia, Tafilon, Fordana, Orioles2131, guirrc,The Honorable Duling, BrannonP and Mindy!

2. We bid a fond farewell to those who have left us: William Ross, Aleura, Weath, James_C, DeMurica, Selanaia, Myroria, Syrixia, Techislovakia, United States of Hellenic Citizens, Sankami, Unitate Real Greliser, Northern Scovia, Aesonn, Belemptia, Cloudempire, Wolves, Ranavor, Korallastan, Soilitania, Olmoye, Dreatos, Toronce, Foxesregime, Emyt, Marcimist, Hayoc, Proxy of Demescia, Rapha, Malicco, Zppix, LCH6, Musasias, Corporal Clegg, Zak6858, Madman0908, and McMasterdonia.

3. We are pleased to announce the appointment of our new Deputy Speaker, Owenstacey! In addition to expanding the deputy ranks, as we have been saying for weeks the Speaker’s Office has been recruiting people to join our office and help out. I can now announce we have selected Zelgathon and Nogori to serve in the Speaker’s Office as general staff. They will assist us in tracking changes in citizenship and residency and putting together material for the Speaker’s Office. There’s always room for more, if you want to gain experience in this line of work or want to help out. Any RA member who wishes to apply should send a private message to the Speaker expressing interest. If you have an inkling of talent or interest in the work we do, we would love to hear from you!

spk_seal.png
March 10, 2017​

As the digest stated, I have decided to appoint Owenstacey as our newest Deputy Speaker. We received several applicants for the position and as part of their review they were tasked with preparing a version of the latest digest, collecting the list of new and departing citizens. Owenstacey stood out for providing flawless lists and a correctly formatted digest. The others provided solid work as well but the test was the lack of clear guidance. We left them to fend for themselves to some degree, and Owenstacey demonstrated a knack for figuring things out on the fly. I admire that and believe it will serve this office well as we continue to grind out these citizen apps.

I am also introducing a general staff to this office. The first to join it are Zelgathon and Nogori, the other applicants for Deputy Speaker. They will be our eyes and ears in Discord and on the forum, catching angles the rest of the Speaker's Office might be missing. As we expand our communication and outreach to the region to enhance RA participation, they will be key to that effort as well. Ultimately, we hope this staff will provide a pool from which we can draw additional talent to serve the Speaker's Office at its highest levels, should the personnel become required. I wish all of them well as we figure out how to further develop this important part of TNP.

-Pallaith

Congratulations to Owenstacey on the appointment and congrats to both Zel and Nogori on joining the Speaker's Office. Best of luck, guys! :)

Regional Assembly Digest
(11-03-2017 - 18-03-2017)

Deputy Speaker: Sheppey

1. A Motion to Admit Lord Ravenclaw to the Security Council: Passed, 36-2-4

1. Filibuster Bill: Under discussion
2. Official Regional Turtle Bill: in Formal Debate
2. Unlawful Publication of Sensitive Material Bill: Under discussion
3. Security Council Reform Bill: Discussion on hold
4. Election Endorsement Bill: Discussion on hold

1. We extend a warm welcome to our newest Assembly members: Babiboi89, BlackroseSeraph, Polar Arc, Carmotplan, Secretary to The Committee, Rand, The Grim Reaper, Goddess Helenne, Delta Force, JayDee, Sankami, Skittleyflakes, Iraelia, Grand Lord Cuda, Scarface One, BaasRed, Noycen, Tee Googly Coffee Me, adrut9, Chribri, SevenNationMerka, yoona, incorrect, Akillian Talleyrand, Mercy Land, and The Libertatem Regnum of Larend!

2. We bid a fond farewell to those who have left us: Sophista, Cerom, Sairaya, New Rivia, Riechelburg, f1since08, leningrad, Barbarussia, Markiavellia, President Underwood, Supree, Libellen, Cudwieser, Wolfsea, Selvaris, Frozentophat, Ryccia, Canton, Stephen M. Abarca, Agadirl, netp, olvasztoviktor, TRUEa7, and Sint Johannes.

3. This week we have added Havelu to help us out in the Speaker’s Office as general staff. Any RA member who wishes to apply for a role in the Speaker’s Office should send a private message to the Speaker expressing interest. If you have an inkling of talent or interest in the work we do, we would love to hear from you!

Back