The Speaker's Desk

Regional Assembly Digest
(19-03-2017 - 25-03-2017)

Speaker of the Regional Assembly: Pallaith
Deputy Speaker: Zyvetskistaahn
Deputy Speaker: Religioncord
Deputy Speaker: Sheppey

Old Business: A list of proposals that have passed and failed this past week.

No Old Business this week!

New Business: A list of proposals currently before the assembly.

1. Election Reform Bill: Under discussion
2. Official Regional Turtle Bill: Under discussion
3. Filibuster Bill: Under discussion
4. Unlawful Publication of Sensitive Material Bill: Under discussion

Other Business: Other matters that may concern you as a member of the RA.

1. We extend a warm welcome to our newest Assembly members: Snieves, Slothdemon, Northern Scovia, Yodrizzle, DeroTurtle, AntonioSokolavin, and Mamagagalala9952!

2. We bid a fond farewell to those who have left us: Glonia Tunkiants, Lavabeard and Minthas.

3. Any RA member who wishes to apply for a role in the Speaker’s Office should send a private message to the Speaker expressing interest. If you have an inkling of talent or interest in the work we do, we would love to hear from you!

You are receiving this telegram because you are a member of the Regional Assembly of The North Pacific. Please inform the Speaker or a Deputy Speaker if you wish to stop receiving the Weekly Digest.

Regional Assembly Digest
(26-03-2017 - 01-04-2017)

Deputy Speaker: Zyvetskistaahn

1. Election Reform Bill: Under discussion
2. Official Regional Turtle Bill: Under discussion
3. Filibuster Bill: Under discussion
4. Unlawful Publication of Sensitive Material Bill: Under discussion

1. We extend a warm welcome to our newest Assembly members, or at least we would if we had any. There’s a bunch of them on the way though!

2. We bid a fond farewell to those who have left us: Ceretis, John_Doe, bawrai, Nuclear Cornflakes, Aleura, pandapig12, Garypeters37, Moosira, Kingfisher101, Bucketgang, Taflon, and Ornge.

3. This week we have added Siwale to help us out in the Speaker’s Office as general staff. Sadly we must say goodbye to our faithful deputy Ornge. He did great work for the region and was a lifesaver when I was unable to regularly perform my duties. Thank you for your service, and good luck in the future! Any RA member who wishes to apply for a role in the Speaker’s Office should send a private message to the Speaker expressing interest. If you have an inkling of talent or interest in the work we do, we would love to hear from you!

You are receiving this telegram because you are a member of the Regional Assembly of The North Pacific. Please inform the Speaker or a Deputy Speaker if you wish to stop receiving the Weekly Digest.

On account of my election to the office of Justice, which precludes also serving as Deputy Speaker, I resign the office of Deputy Speaker.

I've spent a very long time in the Speaker's Office as Speaker and as Deputy Speaker and have enjoyed it greatly, but it's time to for me to move on, for a while at least. I'd like to thank Mr Speaker for keeping me on after the last election and letting me play a part in his team; I'm glad to have such a proficient successor and wish him every success going forward.

Zyvetskistaahn:
On account of my election to the office of Justice, which precludes also serving as Deputy Speaker, I resign the office of Deputy Speaker.

I've spent a very long time in the Speaker's Office as Speaker and as Deputy Speaker and have enjoyed it greatly, but it's time to for me to move on, for a while at least. I'd like to thank Mr Speaker for keeping me on after the last election and letting me play a part in his team; I'm glad to have such a proficient successor and wish him every success going forward.
Your shadow has loomed over this office the entire time I have been it, you were simply the finest Speaker I had ever known in my time in TNP, and definitely are one of the greats. We will definitely miss having you here, but I think your time as deputy was well spent, the office should be able to go on. Thank you for the vote of confidence, and good luck with administering justice.

spk_seal.png
April 3, 2017​

I would like to formally announce the selection of Siwale as Deputy Speaker. As our newest staff member Siwale has gone above and beyond, showing enthusiasm, curiosity, and consistently quality work. I know I can rely on him to be present and working tirelessly to continue the fantastic service we expect of this office. I have seen him display these same things in the other ministries and have no doubt he will thrive in this role.

-Pallaith

Great job Siwale, I'm happy for you and am sure you will make the best of your time in this position.

Regional Assembly Digest
(02-04-2017 - 09-04-2017)

Deputy Speaker: Siwale

1. RA Review of Sentencing Review: Under discussion
2. Election Reform Bill: Under discussion
3. Official Regional Turtle Bill: Under discussion
4. Filibuster Bill: Under discussion
5. Unlawful Publication of Sensitive Material Bill: Under discussion

1. We extend a warm welcome to our newest Assembly members: ryanstartedthefire, Hardehkunlex, Sereeno, Pigguy49, LCH6, John Cena, Golambre, wicheye, Hermaes, Auburn Rovial, lotapolaris, Recs, Xyre, Wardarth, Aleura, mtboy66, vashnis, Harry Passehi, Praetor, Puczovska, Dearic, and retarded.

2. We bid a fond farewell to those who have left us: Cerian Quilor, Gilgethan, BrannonP, Gatland, Mindy, Kialga, TOHOATNP, Orioles2131, Edu Villad, The Great Cacti, Leo l, The Honorable Duling, The Grim Reaper, Zeliox, Eyes that do not Lie, Nasania, JayDee, and Iraelia.

3. Any RA member who wishes to apply for a role in the Speaker’s Office should send a private message to the Speaker expressing interest. If you have an inkling of talent or interest in the work we do, we would love to hear from you!

Regional Assembly Digest
(10-04-2017 - 17-04-2017)

1. Election Reform Bill: technically under discussion
2. Official Regional Turtle Bill: on the table
3. Filibuster Bill: on the table, getting cold
4. Unlawful Publication of Sensitive Material Bill: on the table, getting colder

1. We extend a warm welcome to our newest Assembly members: Nosy, Saunders, Queen of Felinisians, Glorious Philippine Revolution, Jaxton, RVSMX, Carnotium, Oleoleoleole, Nasania, Chrisemb, Zppix, Wolfensjäger, Grand Lord Cuda, Leichmann21, and North Ocilia.

2. We bid a fond farewell to those who have left us: Queen Storm, Pasargad, Cadmus, BlackroseSeraph, Carmotplan, Rand, Empress Helenne, Delta Force, Hong Kong, iUniques, Bergenaria, Noycen, Tea Googly Coffee Me, adrut9, Caligula, Amerion, Akillian Talleyrand, Marcus Gaius, Equitar, Panama Coalition, SevenNationMerka, Aloenia, Chribri, yoona, and incorrect.

3. We neglected to remark on the fact that with the recent judicial election, we lost a fine member of our team, the legendary Zyvetskistaahn. The Speaker’s Office has not been without him for such a long time, but we will do our best to continue to make him proud and provide consistent, reliable service to everyone. We also did not acknowledge the elevation of our newest Deputy Speaker, the fantastic Siwale. We are happy to have him here, and he has already left quite an impact on the office. Of course, we would always love to have more on the team. Any RA member who wishes to apply for a role in the Speaker’s Office should send a private message to the Speaker expressing interest. If you have an inkling of talent or interest in the work we do, we would love to hear from you!

Regional Assembly Digest
(18-04-2017 - 24-04-2017)

1. Security Council Reform Bill: resuscitated, outlook good
2. Filibuster Bill: new lease on life
3. Election Reform Bill: good as new
4. Official Regional Turtle Bill: peeking from out of its shell
5. Unlawful Publication of Sensitive Material Bill: sinking into the void

1. We extend a warm welcome to our newest Assembly members: Duchatberg, Pfracchia, Antarticeuropa, Yuno, The Leader of Lorthar, Mhazi, Outer Aubrie, Hong Kong, karetheon, Syrixia, Lizu, Nordiceland, Grand Count, Airborne2018, Niccolandia, The Mysterious Seagoat, Alterrastahn and Rishkabob10.

2. We bid a fond farewell to those who have left us: Mercy Land, Carebia, Duke91, snieves and slothdemon.

Regional Assembly Digest
(25-04-2017 - 04-05-2017)

1. Security Council Reform Bill: vote scheduled
2. Ratification of the Revised CAIN Treaty: formal debate concluding
3. Filibuster Bill: still there, waiting for its turn
4. Election Reform Bill: getting kind of quiet
5. Official Regional Turtle Bill: returned to hiding in its shell
6. Unlawful Publication of Sensitive Material Bill: somewhere in the void

1. We extend a warm welcome to our newest Assembly members: Ceretis, FriendlyChair, and Avalon.

2. We bid a fond farewell to those who have left us: Duchatberg, rishkabob10, Babiboi89, Yodrizzle, DeroTurtle, AntonioSokolavin, Mamagagalala9952, lepraria, Malvad, Funkadelia, Unimaginable Doom, Lozinak, William Ross, Hiskjriaana, Lord Emmanuel, Lizu, North Ocilia, ryanstartedthefire, Hardehkunlex, Sereeno, Pigguy49, LCH6, John Cena, Hermaes, Recs, Crodaria, and Barbarossistan.

Regional Assembly Digest
(05-05-2017 - 12-05-2017)

1. Security Council Reform Bill: At vote, about to close
2. Ratification of the Revised CAIN Treaty: At vote, closing right after that
3. Filibuster Bill: is this thing on?
4. Election Reform Bill: Bueller? Bueller?
5. Official Regional Turtle Bill: in its shell, but maybe the shell is empty?
6. Unlawful Publication of Sensitive Material Bill: yes, this is still on the list

1. We extend a warm welcome to our newest Assembly members: ShadowSlayer, Allison in chains, DtruASIA, XIV, Trook, Kihla, Zeltheit, The Utopian Initiative, Sumguy129, DuelistKinG, Malashaan, Writinglegend, JayDee, KaNa29, leningrad, Volaika, Dabum17, Jeortopia, Hundred Worlds, TheVampireCode, Great Solordia, Otto IV, Puczovska, lightG98, and HughNeutron!

2. We bid a fond farewell to those who have left us: Highton Islands, Golambre, Wardarth, Aleura, Harry Passehl, Saunders, Havelu, retarded, lotapolaris, Necerierra, kundam, Zppix, Malphe, slothdemon, Larend, and pfracchia.

3. With the election winding down, we will soon have a new Speaker. This can be a crazy job and we always need more help. If you’d like to get involved with the Speaker’s office join our staff. Believe me, the new Speaker will be glad to have you! It’s been a pleasure and an honor serving as your Speaker, I and the rest of the Speaker staff wish the incoming Speaker well and the best of luck!

spk_seal.png

Hello everyone, and welcome to our new term. In the next couple of days, I will be adjusting to the office, so please bear with me and the rest of the staff during the transition of power.

I hope that you enjoy the term with me as your Speaker, and if you need anything, do not hesitate to reach out to me.

At this time, I hereby reappoint my opponent in the election, Owenstacey, to the position of Deputy Speaker. It was good to see him run for this office, and I can't wait to develop his skills some more this term.

Finally, if you would like to help out in the Speaker's Office, do let me know via PM, either here on the forum or on Discord.

Now, shut up, I'm Speaking!

~Boots

Great job, Hundred Worlds! It's good to see more newcomers taking on big responsibilities.

Thanks, abc!

And thank you, Bootsie. I am honored to serve The North Pacific as Deputy Speaker, and I look forward to a great term with you, Owenstacey, and all the staff here in the Speaker's Office.

Regional Assembly Digest
(12-05-2017 - 27-05-2017)

Speaker of the Regional Assembly: Guslantis
Deputy Speaker: The Hundred Worlds

Security Council Reform Bill: Passed, 18-2-16.
Ratification of the revised CAIN treaty: Failed, 14-27-13.

1. Election Reform Bill - At Vote
2. Regional Assembly Clarification Bill - Under Debate
3. Delegates' Day Date Bill - Vote Delayed
4. Copyediting the Constibillocode! - Under Discussion

1. We extend a warm welcome to our newest Assembly members: Banterna, New Rogernomics, Cadla, Siegon, Citrus Maximus, Kundam, gpbolico, Highton Islands, Remmy, Tinhampton, Subin, Marabia, Lucariax, DelayWork, Odenstia, pietgoldenhands, sushi1225, christydelgado, TheAmericanOnionStates, Veniyerris, Grossilia, HTM4, RPcoolkid, Strombolia, PanamaCoalition, Mike Power, Trackleelee, Vestrin, MysticalDragon and Hundali.

2. We bid a fond farewell to those who have left us: Auburn_Rovial, Chrisemb, RVSMX, Jaxton, Glorious Philippine Revolution, Queen of Felinisians, Nessuno, Grand Lord Cuda, Leichmann21, Carnotium, Outer Aubrie, Hong Kong, Karetheon, Grand Count, Airborne2018, Niccolandia, The Mysterious Seagoat, vashnis, Antarticeuropa, Alterrastahn, Yuno and Colby.

3. As always, our invitation to any citizen who wishes to apply for the role of Deputy Speaker remains open. If you wish to apply, send a private message to the Speaker expressing interest and please include a statement stating why you wish to be a Deputy Speaker.

Guslantis' Word of the Week:
Majuscule (Noun): Large lettering, either capital or uncial, in which all the letters are the same height.

Regional Assembly Digest
(28-05-2017 - 03-06-2017)

Deputy Speaker: The Hundred Worlds

No old business this week!

1. Election Reform Bill - At Vote
2. Regional Officer Clarification Bill – Debate getting hotter by the second
3. Delegates' Day Date Bill - At Vote
4. Copyediting the Constibillocode! - Still Under Discussion

1. We extend a warm welcome to our newest Assembly members: Yuno, Lucianna, Tadovan, Hong Kong, Genovican Kaiser, BeamBot, swace202, adonis92, Eluvatar, Mallori IV, Atlae, Nayropia, Iraelia, Xgon, Malphe, Sereeno, Conservative Party of TNP, Putins America and Servos.

2. We bid a fond farewell to those who have left us: YeahJust, Trook, Writinglegend, JayDee, Avalon, and Nordiceland.

3. As always, our invitation to any citizen who wishes to apply for the role of Deputy Speaker remains open. If you wish to apply, send a private message to the Speaker expressing interest and please include a statement stating why you wish to be a Deputy Speaker. I'll be appointing a new one soon, so please expedite your expressions of interest.

Guslantis' Word of the Week:
Oracular (Adjective): Resembling an oracle (as in solemnity of delivery)

Sheppey's Quote of the Week:
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford

spk_seal.png

To the kind citizens of the Regional Assembly:

The Election Reform Bill has passed with majority support. However, the Legal Code has not been amended because the Bill makes the Legal Code too long for ZetaBoards posting limits. I am currently working with our forum admin team to figure out how to fix this. Please bear with us.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me.

~Boots

Dear Speaker Bootsie,

I write to you regarding a matter of some importance to me, and some urgency to the region. I am given to understand that in the below-quoted post, I have been nominated to serve as a member of The North Pacific Election Commission:

Pallaith:
In accordance with the new Election Reform Bill, I hereby appoint Crushing Our Enemies, SillyString, Darcania, Eluvatar, Syrixia, and Siwale as Election Commissioners, subject to confirmation votes by the Regional Assembly.

I am also given to understand that for this nomination to take effect, or be voided, requires action by the Regional Assembly.

To the best of my knowledge, a judicial election is scheduled to begin July 1st, 18 days from now. Should more than one of the Delegate's nominations be declined, or rejected by the body you chair, further nominations may have to be made. I therefore believe action on the nominations referred to is a matter of some urgency for The North Pacific.

I hope that you can establish a time frame in which I and others can expect to be called to answer questions which allows sufficient room for such yet allows for sufficient expediency to be reasonably sure our imminent elections are administered.

Wishing you the best,
Hoping you are well,
Yours faithfully,
~Eluvatar

Regional Assembly Digest
(04-06-2017 - 23-06-2017)

Old Business: A list of proposals that have passed and failed this period:

Election Reform Bill: Passed, 16-6-10.
Delegates' Day Bill: Passed, 20-0-4.
Election Commissioner Confirmations: All Passed.

1. Regional Officer Clarification Bill: Under Discussion
2. Election Reform Bill Reform Bill: Under Discussion
3. Copyediting the Constibillocode: Under Discussion

1. We extend a warm welcome to our newest Assembly members: Notboss Dragonking, Nubius, Indistan, Egalotir, Cristalina, LukaCraft, GrandDukeJames, ShadowDemon, Mralexgamingstrategy, Mouxordia, Pro25, Mr Tickles, TheM4DJekyll, Aragael, Alaric Macharius and cskalon!

2. We bid a fond farewell to those who have left us: Allison in chains, Kihla, Zeltheit, The Utopian Initiative, DuelistKinG, Malashaan, Mall, Dearic, Volaika, TheVampireCode, Great Solordia, Otto IV, lightG98, HughNeutron, Sumguy129, Theesea, Junie, Portlandia, Wolfensjäger, Mhazi, ShadowSlayer, XIV, Jeortopia, Banterna, Highton Islands, Remmy, Subin, Marabia, DelayWork, Odenstia, Piegoldenhands, Christydelgado, FriendlyChair, Sushi1255, TheAmericanOnionStates, Romic and SAA Kanada.

3. As always, our invitation to any citizen who wishes to apply for the role of Deputy Speaker remains open. If you wish to apply, send a private message to the Speaker expressing interest and please include a statement stating why you wish to be a Deputy Speaker. I'll be appointing a new one soon, so please expedite your expressions of interest.

Sheppey's Quote of the Week:
"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." -Albert Einstein.

spk_seal.png

Members of the Regional Assembly:

It is at this time that I formally appoint Owenstacey as Acting Speaker, and resign from my post as Speaker.

It is at this time that I also resign my citizenship and my spot on the Security Council.

I am entering a new season of life, and I think it's best if NationStates as a whole was not part of it.

I will remember all of you, and thank you for the impact and fun you've given me over these six years.

~Boots

spk_seal.png
Regional Assembly Digest
(24-06-2017 - 06-07-2017)

Speaker of the Regional Assembly: [nation=short]Sheppey[/nation]

No old business this week!

1. Copyediting the Constibillocode! - Under Discussion
2. Regional Officer Clarification Bill - Vote Scheduled (07/07/2017)
3. Executive Provisions Bill - Under Discussion

Other Business: Other matters that may concern you as a member of the assembly.

1. We extend a warm welcome to our newest Assembly members: Sir Fawkes, Hermaes, Lucas7105, Atatter, Vashnis, Astar, Lorban, The Freedom Directorate, Blardow, estrategeist, Lucas25457, Malayan Singapuran, Kihla, Ian Chung, alexey4420 and ShadowSlayer!

2. We bid a fond farewell to those who have left us: Hundred Worlds, Mike Power, Genovican Kaiser, Hudali, MysticalDragon, Vestrin ,Trackleelee, HTM4, Grossilia, Yuno, Lucianna, Xgon, Conservative Party of TNP, BeamBot, KaNa29, Enderking539, Sereeno, adonis92, Mallori IV ,Alexey, Servos, Sasten, Tomb and Putins America.

[nation=short]Sheppey[/nation]'s Quote of the Week:
""Everybody can be great. Because anybody can serve."" - Martin Luther King Jr.

The Regional Assembly Digest is sent on behalf of the Speaker's Office to all citizens of The North Pacific. If you have questions about any of the above, please contact Speaker [nation=short]Sheppey[/nation]."

Back