-
Pronouns
They/Them
TNP Nation
Guslantis
Discord
bootsie
Dear members of the Cabinet, Mr. Delegate, and others:

I, Bootsie, Minister of Communications, RolePlay Moderator, and Citizen of The North Pacific, would like to call the Cabinet together to discuss the recent actions of Sytarenne and how they are affecting our RolePlay and the region. Every thread Sytarenne involves themselves in, I, or another RP Mod end up closing due to it getting out of hand and turning from gentle RP, to direct attacks. One chilling query from New Aquilia, who has given me permission to share here, reads:

New Aquilia:
but...all i've seen from him is when he doesn't get his own way, he rants and raves and gets the mods called in...I'm getting tired of this...it makes me question trying to rp here
This, as a more veteran RPer, makes me very upset. When I tell non-TNPers that I'm from TNP, I usually get a question about our RP and if it really is as good as they had heard. I don't want people to feel like they aren't welcome to RP as they feel because of someone who is not representative of TNP or our virtues.

I, as an RP Mod, am getting tired of continuing to close threads after about two pages of argument or direct attacks and I would like to recommend action be taken against Sytarenne to show him that we are serious about our intentions and that his behavior is not acceptable.

Thank you for your time and I hope this situation can be resolved soon.

~Bootsie

The quote listed above is from a discussion I had with New Aquilia, who has given permission for the above to be shared.

I think something needs to be said, before we lose at least one roleplayer from our community.

We used to have this thing back in the old days of RP on the pre-Jolt NS forums called the IgnoreBomb. Not sure if that is still around but it seems like it could be useful in this sort of situation.

The most frustrating part for me is that Sytarenne is ignoring the various (and at this point, numerous) cautions that have been handed out by the RP mods. I believe it is time (past time, even) for escalation to the admin team.

In the meantime, I would like to see RP mods taking a stronger role in RP handling - split god-modding, attacking/sniping, or otherwise improper posts out of threads ASAP so that they do not interfere with the original or get people riled up. If people cannot post in a respectful (at minimum!) manner, I see no reason why they should be able to post freely at all.

And, again, escalate all complaints to the admins, because this is getting ridiculous.

Perhaps I could speak to Sytarenne. He is one of Home Affairs' mentees and I am his Mentor. Perhaps a little nudge informing him to keep his calm and civility in the Region before we do anything more..... heavy

He has received a warning. His continued behavior could well see more.

Communicating how he could do better would definitely be helpful.

Back