PC Discussion: New Sekai's Application

RPI

TNPer
New Sekai has applied to become a councilor on the Peace Council with the following application:
New Sekai's Application:
Nation name: The United States of New Sekai.
Nation's head of goverment and/or head of state: Sensô Kyôki The King.
NPTO ambassador: Sensô Kyôki.
Reason for applying to the Peace Council: We want to maintain and promote peace across The North Pacific.
Kinds of operations of the Peacekeeping Forces that you would approve of: We approve all peacekeeping operations, if its seemed to the legitimate government want to maintain peace.
Kinds of operations that you would disapprove of: We disapprove the peacekeeping operations, if its seemed to the legitimate government not/not showing maintain peace.
Kind of executive policy that you would disapprove of: We disapprove the executive policies, if its seemed to be putting the risk of maintaining peace.
Discussion on this must last two days before a vote is scheduled [if it is sent to vote].

It appears New Sekai is centering its application around the need for maintaining peace. I also see that he would prefer not to use the Peacekeeping Forces in a foreign nation if the nation does not approve; whilst this is usually a good thing, it isn't always. What are your thoughts, representatives from Plembobria and Eumenor?

The Honourable Delegate's assertions, that peacekeepers must be used in certain situations with or without the approval of that country's government, are echoed by those of Eumenor.

However, the Applicant's indication of his devotion to preserving peace is admirable. To this end, the Eumenorian delegate requests of New Sekai a brief description of New Sekai's military and peacekeeping history in order to assess the part they would play in this organ.

Since New Sekai appears to be currently undergoing peace talks after a brief but bloody civil war, we think the government of the nation to be much to volatile, and much to dangerous to place on the Council at this time.

An interesting point, delegate from Plembobria (OOC: do we have names?). A point I had never considered until now. Perhaps we should allow the delegate from New Sekai to speak on this matter and on the matter raised by Eumenor?

New Sekai has informed me that they wish to suspend their application until the results of the NPTO chair vote are announced. I grant this suspension, and as soon as the results are announced, I will require an immediate decision from New Sekai as to whether or not the government wishes to keep their application up for discussion.

RPI:
New Sekai has informed me that they wish to suspend their application until the results of the NPTO chair vote are announced. I grant this suspension, and as soon as the results are announced, I will require an immediate decision from New Sekai as to whether or not the government wishes to keep their application up for discussion.
Thank you.

Since the government of New Sekai seems to be mostly re-established, and since New Sekai has stated on several instances a preference for neutrality, the Plembobrian delegation would like to voice its support for this application.

plembobria:
Since the government of New Sekai seems to be mostly re-established, and since New Sekai has stated on several instances a preference for neutrality, the Plembobrian delegation would like to voice its support for this application.
Thank you.

Back