-
Deputy Speaker
-
-
-
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Previously: PressWatch report on PressBot and Foot-in-Mouth Syndrome

It's not often that PressWatch can reference old British tv shows about battling robots, but The Rejected Realms surprise elections gives us an opportunity to do just that:

Gradea

Pros: Gradea is why there's an election in the first place.
Cons: Outmatched in terms of ideas, experience and renown, Gradea will need some serious luck to make any headway.
Rating: 2/10. Will lose badly and probably end up on fire.

CrazyGirl

Pros: Home grown, popular, most experienced candidate.
Cons: May not be entirely serious about competing.
Rating: 7/10. A lot will depend on how seriously CG competes, could mop up a lot of votes from the pre-Unibot era.

Cormac

Pros: Experienced and has the ability to step up to the best of them.
Cons: RELIABILITY.
Rating: 8/10. Perhaps the favourite and definitely a serious contender. Past successes are interspersed with repeated reliability issues.

Unibot

Pros: Incumbent. His record inside TRR.
Cons: His record outside TRR.
Rating: 7/10. It's hard to deny that his record within The Rejected Realms is very good, however outside of TRR he has a very poor reputation and his use of The Rejected Times as an attack paper doesn't help him. A year is a long time for any delegate to hold power in a democracy and that may count against him also.

TRR's election continue, and the presence of two of the most prolific antagonists in recent history - plus one of the region's stalwarts - make this election interesting.

I have all my money on Gradea winning.

On a completely unrelated note, I'm also broke. :P

Good luck to all candidates. :)

Gradea:
Everyone else gets cool robots and I get some dopey looking one.

#poor_little_gradea
Could be worse:

post-439-0-26189900-1342561870.jpg

Gradea:
Why does my robot representation look so stupid?
You're kidding me, Diotior was a great little bot. They actually deliberately let the fur catch fire, that is metal in and of itself.

BTW Robot Wars (BBC) is, and shall forever be, the greatest sports show on TV. Case in point: https://youtu.be/UOJ12b7iNmw

Back