official floof
-
Pronouns
he/they
TNP Nation
Darcania
Discord
@zephyrkul
I, Darcania, hereby resign from all of my positions. This includes the following:
  • Citizen of The North Pacific
  • Deputy Minister of Home Affairs
  • Home Affairs Mentor
  • Home Affairs
  • Ambassador to Lazarus
  • Foreign Affairs
  • Chief of Staff of the North Pacific Armed Forces
  • The North Pacific Armed Forces
  • May 2015 General Election Commissioner

I joined NationStates at the urging of my sister, as I wished to roleplay and didn't know of any sites where I could roleplay. I joined and spawned in The North Pacific at the end of HMS Unicorn's term as Delegate. While I was quickly lost diving head first into such a large and vibrant community, most of the residents of The North Pacific were kind enough to help me out when I had questions. Since TNP as a whole was a nice and helpful region, I decided to remain.

After a while, at the urging of a recruitment telegram, I joined these forums. I applied for Citizenship and introduced myself, as is normal. It took me a while to figure out how the forums worked, but eventually I figured it out. I joined the NPA to help out with the region I was growing to like while I figured out how to do roleplaying with a nation filled with characters I never RPed with before.

I RPed for a while before considering what else I could do in this region. I applied to join the Ministry of Home Affairs as a mentor, since I was already helping people out unofficially on the regional message board. I asked Andrew, the Minister at the time, if I could be his Deputy Minister. He accepted, and, with my input along with the many others in the HA, the Ministry grew to be the enviable powerhouse it is today.

During this time, I participated in several NPA operations, earning promotions and eventually catching the eye of Eluvatar, who asked me to be the NPA's Chief of Staff before the liberation of Lazarus. I helped Eluvatar and Gladio administer the liberation, and, in the end, we succeeded, thanks in no small part to Kazmr and the many regional armies who assisted Lazarus during this time. For my efforts, I was promoted to Lieutenant, the first officer rank, in a very short time.

Tomb even asked me to be an Election Commissioner. I consider it an honor that so many trusted me with so many important positions.

All this didn't come without downsides, however.

The first major downside was the whole incident involving A Lost Soul and the first WA Cult. The thread covering the incident may be found here. While I attempted to mentor A Lost Soul afterwards, he didn't want to listen and, at the recommendation of the rest of the HA ministry, he was removed as a mentee. His nation was deleted soon afterwards, though he remains. Hopefully, he'll learn from his mistakes and will become a valued member of TNP and NS.

By the time of the Lazarus operation, I was so busy with my responsibilities that I stopped roleplaying, as I simply didn't have the time. This lasted for several weeks, up to now.

Then, starting around the middle of the elections, it seems The North Pacific has turned into a never-ending cycle of nothing but "storms in a teacup", from COE's campaign to RPI's voters (and the reaction against it) to Tomb's failure to handle the incident over Flem's application to the NPAF, from Cormac's motion to recall Tomb to Flem's criminal complaint against Tomb. While I may agree or disagree with the points raised in each, I hate how TNP reacted, especially myself.

It is for this reason that I am resigning from all my positions. I joined NS to RP, and that is what I will do.

[me]

Edit: I will still remain in TNP, and have even received Resident masking. I simply resigned from the NPAF and the government of TNP, executive and legislative branch alike. I'll still be roleplaying in these forums, so you'll still see me around. I'll likely maintain a presence on the RMB, as well. In a few months, I may reapply for Citizenship and resume contributing to the government of TNP, but for now, I will do what I joined NS to do: roleplay.

I know I can't make you change your mind, but I would like to say that you've done great work while you have been here. You have served your region and its residents admirably, and for that, I am sure that I speak for the rest of the region when I thank you.

Darcania, you have been such a help to me and everyone you were around. I am sorry to hear that you will be leaving your positions in Home Affairs, and on the behalf of all the members of our Ministery, your help will be greatly missed. I look forward to RPing with you, and I know it has been tough trying to get around to RPing because of all your duties, as you have told me in the past. This is completely understandable, as I have been overwhelmed as well with all of my jobs and responsibilities. Hopefully, now you can pursue your true interests in the region without the burden of our corrupt politics. :P

[me]

Darcania, I am saddened to hear that you are leaving, It Is a shame, I think that you were a great member with a lot of potential, Thank you for your service friend and best of luck with your future endeavours.

Sorry, DD, had to keep posting. I still think it's hilarious that my resignation post was my 666th post. xD

And no, Yayness, I'll still be a Resident of TNP. I just won't be participating in the government of TNP.

Darcania, my friend, I take this news with great sadness. Thank you for your exemplary service in all the areas that you worked and I wish you the best in NS and RL.

Thank you again,

~ Tomb

We are diminished by your withdrawal, but I hope that our Role Play will be furthered, and hopefully your enjoyment of NationStates.

Take care, and hopefully I'll find the time to join you some day :)

I'm glad you'll still be residing here. Regional politics and government aren't for everyone, but I have a feeling we'll be seeing you again.

Best of luck in whatever you decide to do in NationStates and of course in the real world.

Great Brigantia:
I'm glad you'll still be residing here. Regional politics and government aren't for everyone, but I have a feeling we'll be seeing you again.

Best of luck in whatever you decide to do in NationStates and of course in the real world.
Thank you, Cormac. Sorry we didn't exactly part on the best of terms; while I still disagree with your points and your actions, I will agree that I was way out of line, civil discussion or not.

Either way, though, best of luck with whatever you do. Hopefully, whether or not your proposal passes, it may still bring positive change to The North Pacific.

As well, I look forward to seeing many more well-written WA proposals from you. :)

Darcania, you are without a doubt a very valuable member of our community and you have served this region with distinction. Your departure from government is a great loss but I wish you the very best in your future endeavours.

Darcania, you were one of my foremost mentors in RP and a dear friend in TNP. It's sad to see you resign from all that, but I commend you for your maturity while doing so. Thank you for all you've done and I'll see you over on the RP forum! :D

It saddens us to hear of your decision but it takes great courage and honour to recognise when a decision like this must be taken, we will proudly continue to regard you as a friend and ally.

Back