-
-
Pronouns
He/They/Any
TNP Nation
Frances_Francis_the_First_of_Frances
Discord
Just_a_Lore
Due to a recently need to possibly remove inactive members from the roster, I felt that this was needed to be able to quickly bring removals into an actual process. This will be up for discussion for two days then shall go up for a vote.

The Original Section II:

Section II
Legislative Branch

The Democratic Council shall henceforth be the unicameral body governing the Democratic Union. The Council consists of representatives from each Member State of the Democratic Union. This Council writes and codifies new laws and treaties within the Democratic Union. The Council is headed by a Speaker who shall be elected every four months. This speaker organizes votes on laws and treaties. In the absence of the Speaker the power of the Speaker shall shift to the Deputy Chairperson.

The Revised Section II:

Section II
Legislative Branch

The Democratic Council shall henceforth be the unicameral body governing the Democratic Union. The Council consists of representatives from each Member State of the Democratic Union. This Council writes and codifies new laws and treaties within the Democratic Union. The Council is headed by a Speaker who shall be elected every four months. This Speaker organizes votes on laws and treaties. The Speaker shall also be tasked with tracking the activity of the Democratic Union Members and shall be granted the power to bring votes to remove members to the voting floor due, only on the issue of activity. In the absence of the Speaker the power of the Speaker shall shift to the Deputy Chairperson.

I think a mandatory posting system should be put into place to help ease any possible controversy in the future. Perhaps 1 post on the Democratic Union sub-forum per month should suffice. I too find that the large number of inactive members are causing for pending nations to be bogged down in the 40% requirement of full membership, which needs 7 member states to vote in approval as long as it has the chairman's approval as well.

Overall, I support this proposal.

dmb615:
I think a mandatory posting system should be put into place to help ease any possible controversy in the future. Perhaps 1 post on the Democratic Union sub-forum per month should suffice. I too find that the large number of inactive members are causing for pending nations to be bogged down in the 40% requirement of full membership, which needs 7 member states to vote in approval as long as it has the chairman's approval as well.

Overall, I support this proposal.
This. Perhaps the 40% requirement should be struck out. It seemed good in the beginning, but it is rather impractical now.

Also, good luck getting this passed with so many inactive members.

Back