Annexation of Rhuvenland

plembobria

TNPer
-
I think this international issue warrants the DU's attention. As you already know, the Most Serene Republic of Syrixia has annexed the formerly sovereign nation of Rhuvenland.

The government of Syrixia insists that Rhuvenland support this. Nevertheless, the government of Plembobria believes that an international committee to set up a government is a much better solution for fixing a failed state.

The government of the Kingdom of Plembobria officially urges the Syrixians to help the people of Rhuvenland to build their own government, firmly rooted in the principles of democracy -- and give them independence.

--Plembobrian DU representative, Winston Schneider.

From what I understand about the situation, I find that if the majority of the people, including the government, approves and consents to this "annexation" of the nation. I do agree that an international committee would be more efficient and come up with stronger plans for the state, I also find that Syrixia deserves a shot at fixing this issue in Rhuvenland. I urge that this is watched and monitored, yet no action is to take place until action is needed.

Also, as far as I know, Rhuvenland was not taken by force, which makes it legal when regarding OTPA. If credible facts pop up saying that Rhuvenland was taken by force or threat of force, then the "annexation" is illegal in the eyes of the DU. I doubt this is the case, however.

-Alek Silverson, Representative of Dalies

Well Dailes that is true but look at the numbers involved. The Rhuvish government is a total of 16 people. There are more noble families in Ertolia then there are elected officials in Rhuvenland. And you note that they should be given a chance to fix the problems in Rhuvenland, well they can't even fix the problems in their own nation/

That being said. Approval rates are too high to be anything but lies and misinformation. You get a thousand people in a room you can't get 93% of them to agree that happiness is a good thing let alone get them to think handing control of their government to another nation is a good idea.

The official word from the Andulan Union is that we will be watching carefully and we are heavily considering sanctions.

~Administrator Gilis Olenia of the City of Silena.

The government of Sauceistan seconds Mr. Schneider opinions. It would be best for the people of Rhuvenland for the international community to set up a strong, democratic government, and then get out.

Regardless of what Syrixia reports, a long-term annexation by any nation will not be beneficial to Rhuvenland. We encourage the government to let several nations build a new system rather than be "guided" by a single power with a history of imperialist motives.

-Basil Anderson, DU Rep of Sauceistan

I am unsure if the Syrixian ambassador will even join this discussion, however I ask these questions of him:

What degree of autonomy will the supreme congress of Rhuvenland be granted?

Will the Syrixian government have negative on Rhuvesti laws?

Will Rhuvenland be granted voting representation in the Syrixian parliament proportional to its population?

If not, will the Rhuvesti people be required to pay taxes to Syrixia?

If -- though an unlikely possibility -- the Rhuvesti government issues a declaration of independence, will the government of Syrixia honor it?

I will gladly join this discussion. I must note that when the Rhuvish Supreme Congress is 16 people. There are numerous departments and lower ward congresses as well, many of whom are elected officials.

Now to answer other questions.

1. The Supreme Congress has near total autonomy. Syrixian officials are only turned to when the Congress needs advice from another nation on matters.

2. The Syrixian government respects the culture and laws of Rhuvanland and will not infringe upon its laws.

3. Rhuvanland will have a representative in the Syrixian Parliament, and a Syrixian representative in the Rhuvish Supreme Congress. Votes in both nations are scheduled for tomorrow.

4. The Rhuvish will not be paying taxes to Syrixia, nor will Syrixia be using any of its peoples' tax dollars for Rhuvanland.

5. If the Rhuvish government declares independence this will absolutely be honored.

The United States of New Sekai is staying neutral about this, however still little bit condemned The Most Serene Republic of Syrixia annexed (Or whatever it was.). Aswell, Rhuvenland for letting Syrixia annexed (Again, or whatever it was.) them.

[yoda]

Heavily outdated, this is. Post here, you should not. Bad it is, and confusing as well.

[/yoda]

Back