-
Pronouns
he/him/his
TNP Nation
Zemnaya Svoboda
Discord
Eluvatar#8517
SillyString:
I believe the Embassy Row area has been messed with. The main-level forum should be a redirect to a subforum located within it, just like the Archives are set up. Please fix. <3

So I did the switch wondering if anyone would notice or mind. Looks like both are true.

What's the general thought though, between having Embassy Row be a hidden place redirected to and on the front page?

There's a third solution possible of having it visible (and thus having posts there show up in the forum index) but using javascript to hide all the embassy names.

I don't, really. That third option seems interesting, though. Sounds like something to test out in the test forum.

It was done the way it was on purpose, Elu, at r3n's request. It's not a positive positive thing to have a giant list of embassy subforums cluttering it up. I still believe that that is the best option, for the same reason it's the best option for the archive section.

I hate how it is now. >:[ Put it back!

But it's big and bulky, which is exactly why it was done how it was. It makes for a lot of top-level links, which is not ideal.

I like the way it is currently set up. I don't mind using the active topics page to check for posts but it is nice to be able to click on the various embassies from the front page.

Using javascript to hide the links is the best solution. Having it as a redicrect forum hides when there are new posts, and discourages clicking. The way it is now wastes a bunch of prime real estate on links to minor forums. Using java to hide the links gets the best of both worlds.

SillyString:
I could live with a javascript solution. But not a java one. :P
If that were ever implemented, I would have to throw my computer out of a moving airplane into the ocean and swear off the Internet for life.

Did I mention I'd light the computer on fire first?

Crushing Our Enemies:
Using javascript to hide the links is the best solution. Having it as a redicrect forum hides when there are new posts, and discourages clicking. The way it is now wastes a bunch of prime real estate on links to minor forums. Using java to hide the links gets the best of both worlds.
I agree with this.

Darcania:
SillyString:
I could live with a javascript solution. But not a java one. :P
If that were ever implemented, I would have to throw my computer out of a moving airplane into the ocean and swear off the Internet for life.

Did I mention I'd light the computer on fire first?
Excuse me for my lack of tech knowledge, but what is the matter with Java and how is it different to Javascript? :eyebrow:

Java is another word for coffee and it is delicious. Javascript is a programming language, as I understand it, and if you tried to drink it I doubt you'd get very far.

I think that's the main difference.

Back