RP Issue Discussion

dmb615

TNPer
As mentioned in a thread concerning activity problems, an idea that I believe will increase interest, activity, and RP in the DU is a system of issues, all varying in degree, topic, matters, and appeal. As of typing this, I am leaning toward releasing 4-3 topics a week, mainly being small and relatively unimportant, but creates and develops a bond between the nations that participate. The topics, like the ones on the main NS site, will be authored by those who submit issues to be officially used. I am looking for feedback on this idea, so make your voice heard and state your opinion down below.

This is a great idea, however I am concerned it could get too successful and then the same inactivity maladies that currently plague the DU will plague other organizations such as the GNPTA and the NPTO. I believe for the collective activity of all international organizations it would be necessary to be sure these issues don't warrant too much discussion. Perhaps a discussion quorum and a vote immediately after would be necessary to implement.

Perhaps only one issue would be released per week, and have it be small and catered solely to the DU. Such as whether solar panels/ wind turbines should be installed and used in the DU HQ. As for the NPTO and the GNPTA, I think that they should do the same thing, but cater it toward them specifically. Therefore, the issues do not cause too much discussion outside of the DU, nor do they effect the outside community. I definitely want to see whether this works out by giving it a two week test run, one week with 3-4 topics and one week with one issue drafted solely for the DU. I urge the leaders of the NPTO and the GNPTA to try the same, but to put their spin on it. I also find that the issues can hold some debate, and the options may not be your views on how the issue should be dealt with, so basic options to vote for will be used as well as the option to submit your own solution with your own opinion and your own discussion for the said solution.

As Deputy Chairman of the NPTO myself, I will bring it to the table once the Charter is finalized.

Any day now.

ANY

DAY

NOW.

The first two topics will be released on April 27th. The topics will only be a test run to see what the input on the matter is. If it is successful, then the issues will continue, but if the RP topics are ill-received then tweaks will be made and hopefully any problems will be fixed. I ask for cooperation and participation in this activity from all interested members and all those on the fence about it.

Back