Constitutional Amendments

plembobria

TNPer
-
Please comment on this. I'm sure quite a few things need to be added.

Section III of the Constitution of the Democratic Union shall be amended to read:

The Executive Branch of the Democratic Union is the Office of the Chairperson. The Office of the Chairperson consists of the Chairperson and Deputy Chairperson, both elected every four months. The Chairperson shall have the power to veto any law or treaty that receives less than a 65% approval in the Democratic Council. The Chairperson is elected every four months with the Deputy Chairperson seat being filled with the runner up in the election. If no other candidates run, then the Chairperson may appoint a Deputy Chairperson. In the case of resignation, or removal from office of the Chairman, the Deputy Chairman shall become the Chairman.

The following shall be appended to the Constitution:

The holders of all offices defined under this constitution may be removed from office by a vote of two-thirds of the Democratic Council.

If any holder of any office defined under this constitution who shall fail to fulfill their duties when they shall actually be needed, their office shall become vacant, except in the case of the vation of the Office of the Chairman, who shall be succeeded by the Deputy Chairman.

No nation shall hold more than one office defined under this constitution simultaneously.

It looks good for a solid base, but there should be a plan 'B' incase the Deputy Chairman is inactive or resigns. Other than that, it seems like a much needed ammendment.

I would also like to see that in case of inactivity, a period of lets say 3 weeks without a post, the deputy automatically becomes chairman. In the event of both not being able to be active or resign, an immediate special election should begin, and will be organized by the Speaker of Assembly.

dmb615:
It looks good for a solid base, but there should be a plan 'B' incase the Deputy Chairman is inactive or resigns. Other than that, it seems like a much needed ammendment.
I second this (even though i'm not yet in the DU).

Might also want to shut the gap that would allow the chair to appoint themselves as justice. And make your little caretaker vote legitimate.

Back