TNP Map Claims Thread

I hadnt checked in awhile the status of the map...I did not realize that yet again we needes to put in another claim...

Anyway, may I have my old spot please? Next to Morheim.

The black line should be about where the border starts.

Thank you.

PaulWallLibertarian42:
I hadnt checked in awhile the status of the map...I did not realize that yet again we needes to put in another claim...

Anyway, may I have my old spot please? Next to Morheim.

The black line should be about where the border starts.

Thank you.
That is actually much larger than your old claim which was concentrated around the northwestern point. Do you want your old claim or this new larger claim?

PaulWallLibertarian42:
You've made, considering the post I'm quoting. three map claims total in your time in TNP. The first was this post in March 2014. Your second was this post, in June 2014. And your new claim is the post above. It is now March 2015.

I'm sorry that circumstances outside of my and anyone else on the cartography or culture ministry team's control have forced you to make three posts over the course of a year, totalling 140 words and two images. I'm sure this was a terrible inconvenience to you and if you could suggest some recompense that myself or a member of the team could make for you, then I am sure we will be able to.

Until then, your claim is under review.

I'm not entirely sure how this works, but do you guys [the cartographers] announce when a claim has been accepted?

If there's no problem with the claim it'll get added to the map and we'll announce it either prior to or when we post the new update.

Well my suggestion would be that if you guys decide to make a new map, those in good standing in the region that had places on the old map be grandfathered in and their stake be included in the new map(s) and then new nations or those without a previous claim would then have to make a new claim. Just a suggestion, and I did not mean to come off in a combative tone my apologies.

And ah yes, the new land addition I beleive on the old map Olvern shared my borders, since that nation has CTEd I was hoping I could expand to take over the territory once occupied by Olvern, if that is not satisfactory then I would be happy to just have my old place back. Thank you.

Adjusted map claim scaled to 1px=4km2;

TNP%20Bel%20adjusted.png

Our survey teams finally completed their exploration of the river forming our western border. Our updated map is below:
tCvfiwK.png

Nierr:
Have you RPed that expanded claim out?
It's not technically an expanded claim, it is a refinement, and I think it's actually a reduction. And as no other nation is affected at this point I'm not sure what there is to role play beyond the sentence I used already.

Under review. Will talk with the other cartographers.

Mr Insanity:
You know Norway XVIII: http://www.nationstates.net/nation=norway_xviii isn't on NationStates, that nation still on this forum? Because I felt like its pointless to have that nation on the map, if it isn't on the NationStates and not on this forum because of being inactive?
The name on the map is missing an X. It should be Norway XXVIII, rather than Norway XVII. Norway XXVIII is in fact, a true nation gameside, so no worries there. I've already alerted Lore that it is missing an X. (:

Kialga:
Mr Insanity:
You know Norway XVIII: http://www.nationstates.net/nation=norway_xviii isn't on NationStates, that nation still on this forum? Because I felt like its pointless to have that nation on the map, if it isn't on the NationStates and not on this forum because of being inactive?
The name on the map is missing an X. It should be Norway XXVIII, rather than Norway XVII. Norway XXVIII is in fact, a true nation gameside, so no worries there. I've already alerted Lore that it is missing an X. (:
Oh thank you. It's just annoying me that because I'm writing a factbook about my nation geography. LOL.

Yes it is working now.

I thought I had already posted this, but my claim is bigger, so I'd like the cartography team to review it.

Alta Italia:
I thought I had already posted this, but my claim is bigger, so I'd like the cartography team to review it.
As I have already told you twice, give us a rough image of what you want. It's ridiculous to expect us to decipher that wall of text.

Ryccia:
Any territory will surfice. The name should be Ryccian North Pacific Territory or RNPT

Denied we need something to go on. "Anything" is too broad of a term for us to even consider adding.

Could I please have the rest of the island which has part controlled by Pacifican Republic Islands?
Thank you very much.

I'm having trouble loading the map.

Could I claim my old territory on the map back please? I'm not around as much, but I very much liked having that position and hope to return to RP in future.

mcmasterdonia:
I'm having trouble loading the map.

Could I claim my old territory on the map back please? I'm not around as much, but I very much liked having that position and hope to return to RP in future.
Sorry but about a month ago most of your territory was carved up and taken by several states. :s

I was just told on the RMB that it was taken by TGR.

Rather disappointing :( but my fault as I had forgotten that there was a short time frame on it. If at some point the land becomes vacant again, I would definitely like to claim it back >__>

Lord Lore:
Alta Italia:
As I have already told you twice, give us a rough image of what you want. It's ridiculous to expect us to decipher that wall of text.

Ryccia:
Any territory will surfice. The name should be Ryccian North Pacific Territory or RNPT

Denied we need something to go on. "Anything" is too broad of a term for us to even consider adding.
As I have told you before, I have tried and failed to do that several times now. What do you suggest I do to make the claim?

Map Update Time

Added Stuzemsazem (JJ), Ryccia and Nebula. Fixed Norway XXVIII's name, and refined Sadakoyama's border.

Also Nebula I should inform you that half of your claim falls under Great Bight Mums' former claim and if she claims her old territory in the next 7 days you will lose half your territory.

Also added an island inbetween Sauceistan and Andulus for the DU's HQ.

I am okay with losing territory, I am rather a small nation at the moment and if I ever decide I need the extra land, I shall fight for it!

Good man Nebula. Alunya and True Sebland your claims are under review. :)

Lord Lore:
Map Update Time

Added Stuzemsazem (JJ), Ryccia and Nebula. Fixed Norway XXVIII's name, and refined Sadakoyama's border.

Also Nebula I should inform you that half of your claim falls under Great Bight Mums' former claim and if she claims her old territory in the next 7 days you will lose half your territory.

Also added an island inbetween Sauceistan and Andulus for the DU's HQ.
I would like to note that my claim's name is Ryccian North Pacific Territories or RNPT. But thanks anyway!

Another Map Update

Added True Sebland, fixed the DU and NPTO HQ.

Note: Ryccia, not changing it to that. That is just unnecessarily clunky and too large for us to practically add without making it like 12 point font. & Alunya we are rejecting your claim because it changing the border of an existing landmass too much.

If possible, I'd like the downsizing of the NPTO HQ to a small territory about 1.5x the size of the Democratic Union island that is on the coast it is currently on. In terms of realism, a territory like that is kind of like the EU choosing Switzerland as its HQ.Also, just in case anyone was wondering, as Acting Deputy Chairman of the NPTO I can submit claims like this on behalf of the NPTO; as it is international territory and does not belong solely to Guslantis.

LL, if the downsizing of the NPTO territory is denied, perhaps we can converse about this in the Agora. I'm open to suggestions.

Syrixia:
If possible, I'd like the downsizing of the NPTO HQ to a small territory about 1.5x the size of the Democratic Union island that is on the coast it is currently on. In terms of realism, a territory like that is kind of like the EU choosing Switzerland as its HQ.Also, just in case anyone was wondering, as Acting Deputy Chairman of the NPTO I can submit claims like this on behalf of the NPTO; as it is international territory and does not belong solely to Guslantis.

LL, if the downsizing of the NPTO territory is denied, perhaps we can converse about this in the Agora. I'm open to suggestions.
I disagree, Syrixia, I believe it should be where the "G" is in Guslantis, and not on the coast it is currently on. Also, after looking at Guslantis' extension, it just looks like an eyesore (not that I'm judging the map, the shape just gives me chills). I don't think a natural country would wrap around the coast like that, especially one based on a European country. Sorry for being crazy.

This is a conversation to be had in either the NPTO subforum or in pm, either way, until you work out any issues between Chair and Vice-Chair or whatever titles you have, it'll stay as is.

If NPTO HQ is, as I'm led to believe it is by Syrixia's post, similar in size to UNHQ in New York, then it shouldn't be included on the map anyway, just like UNHQ isn't included on most maps. Please can you and the rest of the NPTO sort this out quickly and orderly, and then get back with any changes to the cartography team.

As always, any questions or queries, feel free to pm myself or Lord_Lore. You could try Bel, but he might just laugh at you and get back to his pedantry.

Lord Lore:
Another Map Update

Added True Sebland, fixed the DU and NPTO HQ.

Note: Ryccia, not changing it to that. That is just unnecessarily clunky and too large for us to practically add without making it like 12 point font. & Alunya we are rejecting your claim because it changing the border of an existing landmass too much.
Okay, then, I shall revise my claim so that it fits precisely within the landmass limits as delineated on the map!! The territory claimed is in black and may be simply referred to as Alunya.

vpURbo6.png

>^,,^<
[me]

There is a set colour scheme on the map. Your claim, should it eventually be accepted, will be coloured one of the accepted colours for claims, as laid down in the first post of this topic.

Back