TNP Map Claims Thread

I just want to make a note to Sytarenne... If you truthfully want Sytarenne, Godiva and New South Sytarenne, I recommend you do the following and ask Nierr if it acceptable (I usually go for a PM so as to not clutter up the forums).

- Claim Sytarenne as your primary nation...
- RP out Godiva and ask for it to be added in a similar manner to the Central Free States which are under the control of the Russian Republic
- RP out New South Sytarenne and why your nations people ended up there

Also... don't pester Nierr... Many of us here are busy IRL and not on 24/7. I don't know what Nierr does for a living but he will get around to the map claims when he can.

Question: What exactly is a lemon?
//BTW// New South Sytarenne is located far away from Sytarenne so I don't think that would work out

Nierr:
You're being a lemon Sytarenne. I'd advise you stop. The result will leave a sour taste in your mouth too.
Finally, someone confronts Sytarenne! :D

Nierr:
Why do you need a colony already?

Edit: Especially as you seem to be expanding into Cronaal somehow?
I don't know what you mean by already since I've always played Merconitonitopia as an empire with various offshore territories.

If you don't want me to have the colony just give me the mainland.

I'd like to claim the area above Syrixia (I'll submit the drawing tomorrow when I have access to my computer) for the colony of Portmantea.

Can you change The United States of New Sekai claim to this:
the_aftermath_of_new_sekai_s_civil_war_map__ns__by_j_r_m_n_k_e-d90i8a9.jpg

Keys:
  • The United States of New Sekai.
  • The Confederate States of New Sekai. (Disputed territorial.)

Due to this: http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/single/?p=8232705&t=7415353 .)

Hello, cartographers!

Below is an image displaying the Helmebaine Alliance HQ. We request it be shown as it is, as the Helmebaine HQ is only one building and its property. However, the difference is that instead of Faibuaizu HQ, which is on a spacious property on a hill in the flat, hilly grasslands of Darcania near Klarliert, Helmebaine HQ is located in an international territory on 7 Ersulia Way, on the main street of Minas Ersul, the capital of Eumenor. Thus, while its building is just as big (if not bigger), its SURROUNDING property is not as large; hence the denotation with a dot and a line connecting the label and the dot.

If the Cartography Team has any questions, please ask me or any Helmebaine Alliance member. And, if the line and/or the label is/are too small, feel free to edit it/them. We ask you to not edit the dot and/or change it into a small territory as the Faibuaizu, NPTO and DU headquarters are.

image.png

Then make it into a territory. We'll figure out an excuse why it's a territory.

Why? I mean we don't have to add alliance HQ's on the map. We've only added ones previously because they've actually been territories. If your HQ is a building or series of buildings in a very small area then great, it's something both different and much closer to how things work in reality.

Attempting to shoehorn that into a territory just to get on the map strikes me as a little desperate for recognition that you don't need/will get from an updated alliance systems map.

It's an international territory, making it just as much eligible to be denoted and/or labeled as a country would. NPTO HQ, for example, is only a single building just larger than the Helmebaine one, the only difference being it has a surrounding territory, as it is just outside of Augustus Town. Just because Helmebaine HQ is in the middle of a large city doesn't mean it shouldn't be denoted. It's still there and it doesn't belong to just Eumenor.

The UN building - technically international territory - isn't included on maps of the real world, as a note. Being an international territory doesn't make it eligible to be on the map. Acceptance by the cartography team does.

Sytarenne:
cough cough

New_South.jpg

cough cough
Do you seriously not think I don't read this topic and go through all the claims when it comes time to make updates?

I saw your claim the first time.

I saw it the second time.

I saw it when you tried to claim four places on the map.

I cautioned you as to your behaviour with regards to stuff.

And so, as Cartographer of the Map of the North Pacific, your claim for additional colonies and land is denied. I will not be entertaining any more claims from you for the rest of the month.

You may appeal this via the part two of the Arbitration and Dispute Resolution section of this post. Please do so in a new topic and uninvolved RP mods will address it. Further appeals to the Fiqh courts or to a special panel containing either the Minister for Entertainment or the Delegate will be open to you following that process.

Please do not post in this topic again.

Updated Claims Map

Tlacopantec:
Tlacopantec:
Could Tlacopantec claim the following area? I guess I might be able to expand it once the nation grows a little bit? Also, are the blank areas assumed to be uninhabited or are there natives, etc. present?
lkX3ew3.png
I'm back from inactivity, (hopefully) for good this time! Could I re-apply for my previous spot (shown in the quote)?
Added, welcome to the map.

Xentherida:
I would like to register my claim for a colony.
2d77g9w.png
Here is the thread for its information.
Many thanks!

Merconitonitopia:
New claim: http://i.imgur.com/NqYBZTz.png

Edit: Also I claim this as a colony: http://i.imgur.com/tMXNkeu.png

Merconitonitopia:
Nierr:

I don't know what you mean by already since I've always played Merconitonitopia as an empire with various offshore territories.

Merconitonitopia:
Since you're not having the colony, you can claim your original claim, unless you'd prefer the second.
Bootsie:
I'd like to claim the area above Syrixia (I'll submit the drawing tomorrow when I have access to my computer) for the colony of Portmantea.
Just show me where to point my brush - and be sure to RP out the colony.
Pambudia:
I would like to claim this map.
314edk7.jpg
Added.

Mr Insanity:

Keys:

Added - ish. Did a similar thing to the Cronaal situation - although your borders are a bit mad.

After the Great War Saga ends, would it be possible for me to get a small colony, somewhere in between the sizes of Silvia Peninsula and Pelhafor? I already have a place where I want it and a detailed timeline of information about it. It wouldn't be too too big, as evidenced by the size noted just earlier. I don't think that's too much to bargain for, is it? You mentioned Rhuvanland earlier, when I tried to get a colony in the upcoming new continent. I don't think that would count as it's a completely separate nation with a separate government.

If needed, we could talk about it further in the Discussion Thread, however I will end off by saying again that I don't think a small colony like that in the place I have imagined and with the story I have detailed out would be too much of a cartographical problem. And again, I plan on submitting my claim officially after the end of the Great War. It would've been already colonized as it is a relic of the Syrixian Empire that refused to be decolonized back into unclaimed lands, and just kinda kept existing. (That's a big part of the story I've made, hint hint.)

Throw me a PM with more details when it comes time to end the Great War stuff.

BTW: Realistically in the Modern World there is little-to-no colonies left, and if you did have one, you would say "Non Self Governing Territories" not colonies.

I believe I asked you not to post in this topic again.

Please refrain from further posts - that includes any replies to this.

Enough. Further posts here that aren't map claims will be hidden and subject to moderator action.

Responses to this post are also unnecessary and posters should refrain from making them.

I'd like to put Portmantea above Syrixia about that size. I prefer the blue, but any color is fine.

[img=300,285]http://i.imgur.com/ZxJfBy7.png[/img]

Nierr:
Updated Claims Map

Tlacopantec:
Tlacopantec:
Could Tlacopantec claim the following area? I guess I might be able to expand it once the nation grows a little bit? Also, are the blank areas assumed to be uninhabited or are there natives, etc. present?
lkX3ew3.png
I'm back from inactivity, (hopefully) for good this time! Could I re-apply for my previous spot (shown in the quote)?
Added, welcome to the map.

Xentherida:
I would like to register my claim for a colony.
2d77g9w.png
Here is the thread for its information.
Many thanks!

Merconitonitopia:
New claim: http://i.imgur.com/NqYBZTz.png

Edit: Also I claim this as a colony: http://i.imgur.com/tMXNkeu.png

Merconitonitopia:
Nierr:

Merconitonitopia:
Since you're not having the colony, you can claim your original claim, unless you'd prefer the second.
Bootsie:
Just show me where to point my brush - and be sure to RP out the colony.
Pambudia:
I would like to claim this map.
314edk7.jpg
Added.

Mr Insanity:

Keys:

Added - ish. Did a similar thing to the Cronaal situation - although your borders are a bit mad.
Thank you and sorry for that.

That should be fine. I'll probably post another update tonight if I finish the project I'm working on right now.

So this is a big small update.
New Physical Map
New Claims Map

Warning: these images are huge.
Kalatun:
Hey there, here's the claim for Kalatun, another neighbour for Syrixia, perhaps :)

http://postimg.org/image/hicigg7rp/

Any colour is cool with us, and feel free to 'simplify' the borders if they're a bit elaborate xD
Added.
Cascadia:
I'm looking to expand Cascadia. I'll probably post a request tonight, but I'm just letting you know.
Point me where to paint brosef.

Pokes around the new continents looking for a location with a western facing bay...
I'd like to submit the following claim for Tir na Andalucia:
68kYNPn.png

Can I at least move my country to a new continent?

By the way, it's not considered an "additional landmass" so I don't see any problems with it

Nierr and Syrixia said it was way too much land when I tried claiming the same area, so I'm guessing its probably denied

Back