Pronouns
They/Them
TNP Nation
Guslantis
Discord
bootsie
The representative of Guslantis proposes the following motion:

Motion:
A multi-national peacekeeping force based out of Augustus Town should be hereby created to uphold peace in the region. Each participating nation should have a commander on duty in their capital city or other designated city at all times, and waiting for direct orders from a commander-in-chief, who will be from the chairman's nation and chosen by the chairman. All conflicts may be brought to the force's thread, and discussed on by the members to decide what is required, and if the member nations should get involved. If the nations are in agreement, a designated number of troops are sent from the force to handle the situation.
Please feel free to debate the proposal and help the member nation improve it. A proposal requires a motion to vote, and for that motion to be seconded, where it will be put to vote by the chairman

Of course, non-member nations are free to debate their sides of NPTO proposals, they just can't motion to vote or actually vote.

The legitimate Cronaal government is doomed to die. They've been captured and their execution shall be here soon as an international event.
I feel it's a waste of time to even consider voting.

As we have explained several times allegations that there are riots are incorrect, exaggerated and selfish.
Therefore, we ask that these allegations are immediately withdrawn.

I think the motion is too weak. What evidence are there of Nessunos militarism? What has he done to warrant these actions?
For Cronaal, it seems like the battle is lost. The rebels have taken over the country and in my eyes the only solution is a full blown invasion. Which will be costly, both economically and casualty-wise. I think the focus should be at containtment, not eradication at this point.

I agree with Midtkandal, the evidence for Nessuno is actually more OOC than IC and the battle for Cronaal is pretty lost.

Bootsie, could you please remove the Nessuno stuff and replace all notions of eradicating the rebels with containment?

So let's focus on the Cronaal part. I think if we work together to make sure the ESCERPAB does not invade any more land than we can safely prevent the expansion of the war.

I suggest the formation of a border-enforcement group. This can be solved in two ways:
1. Each member nation is assigned a stretch of border to observe, or
2. Each member nation chips in and we form a multi-national force that is commanded by a... Commander appointed by the chairman.
This way we can gather intelligence of rebel movements inside the border and (hopefully) scare them from trying to expand.

It is the belief of the Andulus Director's Board that the NPTO is overreaching meddling with internal affairs of other nations. They do not have the authority to judge the popular uprising of another nation and trying to suppress them is a gross misuse of power.

If it continues Andulus will be forced to impose sanctions against the NPTO and lobby other neutral states to do the same.

As two member states, Guslantis and Syrixia, are involved in the Cronaal conflict I do not think that the matter is internal anymore. The rebels were fighting a battle in the Guslantis capital and pose a major threat to the region. The situation needs to be contained.

Well the battle in the Guslantis capital might just have something to do with outside forces meddling in their affairs. And even if that is true. Gustlantis and Syrixia should not try to use international organizes to contain a fire that they threw fuel on.

:bigdoh:
This is a very narrow view. You speak of imposing sanctions on NPTO. We are legitimately able to discuss our views on international events, and then choose a course of action that we as nations wish to take. If NPTO nations choose not to trade with other nations, that is our choice.
Why so confrontational?

midtkandal:
I suggest the formation of a border-enforcement group. This can be solved in two ways:
1. Each member nation is assigned a stretch of border to observe, or
2. Each member nation chips in and we form a multi-national force that is commanded by a... Commander appointed by the chairman.
This way we can gather intelligence of rebel movements inside the border and (hopefully) scare them from trying to expand.
Guslantis believes that the second option proposed here proves to be a long-term goal for the region, and isn't just a fix to temporarily substain peace in the region. About the Rebellenkampf (Battle of Pigletville), usually a direct attack on a nation's capital would result in war, not diplomatic relations. Our military leader and her staff are now discussing with the new Vilsuun to work out Cronaal's future. If the Syrixian representative could post a revised version of the proposal, that would help us get this to vote.

Motion- Joint Revised by Syrixia and Tronkandal:
The NPTO should work to form a border-enforcement group. This can be solved in two ways:
1. Each member nation is assigned a stretch of border to observe, or:
2. Each member nation chips in and helps to form a multi-national force that is commanded by a border commander appointed by the chairman.
This way the NPTO can gather intelligence of rebel movements inside the border and keep them from trying to expand into the rest of Eknorvia.
Thoughts?

(OOC: He will of course support the rebels, as he has been trying to put them in a more positive light. The rebels' actions, I have found, are somewhat comparable to Adolf Hitler's. His idea of lebensraum and German regaining of glory were good for the Aryan German people, but not good for Europe's Jews or really all the states the Nazis conquered. Similarly, the rebels' actions are good for the Cronaali people due to the corruptivity of Vilsuun Jok'mey, but bad for all the innocent people that were murdered.)

OOC: They shouldn't muck it up too much. Plus, even he has admitted the rebels have murdered thousands of innocents.

OOC: They're rabid dogs who were failed to be controlled. Remember, they were drugged but nobody but a single scientist knew.

(OOC: you should reveal that, otherwise people will think things of the rebels that they aren't.)

(OOC: But it deserves more development. Anyways, BACK TO PROPOSAL DISCUSSION. Where were we?)

Motion- Joint Revised by Syrixia and Tronkandal:
The NPTO should work to form a border-enforcement group. This can be solved in two ways:
1. Each member nation is assigned a stretch of border to observe, or:
2. Each member nation chips in and helps to form a multi-national force that is commanded by a border commander appointed by the chairman.
This way the NPTO can gather intelligence of rebel movements inside the border and keep them from trying to expand into the rest of Eknorvia.
Thoughts?

A proposal can't be in "or format", Syrixia. I'm suggesting that a multi-national peacekeeping force be made (like the UN's Blue Berets), and scratch the idea of sanctions.

I agree, and I hereby motion Bootsie's proposal of an NPTO peacekeeping force to vote.

(OOC: Oh and since you're here, did you get hm message? Read it and reply. Is importance.)

How should this forve be structured? Should each nation contribute with their own "Speciality" (example: Syrixian footsoldiers, Tronkandal MBTs, Guslantis fighters) with their own support and logistics (multi-national at army-level) or smaller units of all military branches (multi-national at platoon/company level)?

On a side note: I think the entire force should be led by an officer of no less rank than a brigadier general (or similar) that is appointed by the chairman. He will function as the link between the political side and the military side of NTPO. Each operation the force undertakes should be led by an officer appointed by the military leader.
The commander will not directly be involved in each operation, as this is the task of the individual operation leader.

Back