Pronouns
They/Them
TNP Nation
Guslantis
Discord
bootsie
The representative of Syrixia proposes the following motion:

Motion:
People wanting to run should declare their candidacy in a thread set up for the elections. (This would be one of four NPTO threads: The elections thread, the applications to join/member list thread, the proposals/NPTO laws thread, and the main thread for general NPTO-related conversation. Thus, it is recommended that a subforum be set up for the organization if possible.) A poll would be called after 3-7 days of candidacy declarations and the winner of the poll gets the corresponding office to the poll. There is a cool-down time of one term or four months between an incumbent running again

NOTE: No one nation should be able to run for both Chairman and Deputy Chairman at the same time, and we should encourage representatives attempting to run for an administrative position to start with Deputy Chairman.
Please feel free to debate the proposal and help the member nation improve it. A proposal requires a motion to vote, and for that motion to be seconded, where it will be put to vote by the chairman.

This sounds fine to me, though if any member wants to comment on it that would be appreciated. It's always good to proofread and edit/revise if needed.

The proposal looks fine. (OOC: Sorry. Fixed this V)
I think three terms (one year) should be the limit. After that the chairman have a two-term "cooldown" before he/she can apply for the position again.

Uhhhh, this isn't for delegate, it's for NPTO chairman.

I think a single term should be 2 months and the term limit should be 3 terms.

As Midtkandal suggested, there should be a "cooldown period". I think that period should be 4 months.

I personally think that four months is enough of a cool down period, because a lot of things can happen in eight months (2 terms).

Agreed. I suggest four months, what do you suggest? Anyone else have suggestions?; the cooldown period is vital to the election structure so we don't have the same candidate running again and again.

Also, so we can have an array of different candidates, we need to recruit more nations.

Syrixia would like to request Guslantis' opinion on the suggested cool down period of four months.

Once their opinion is submitted, further discussion will begin if needed. If not, I will motion to vote.

Alright. Let's get this to vote soon, and then we can have a clean slate proposals-wise, which we need so we can draft the NPTO's Charter.

With a motion and a second, the motion proceeds to the voting floor. That should be up soon. (I promise it will be 3 days of voting, 5 is too much for an organization this small.)

Back