Vice Delegate's Desk

Hey all, I'll be serving as Acting Vice-Delegate until the conclusion of the special election. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. I'll be glad to help!

juCNFWO.png

Office of the Vice Delegate
-~-
Week Zero: 29 March 2020

unknown.png

We saw lots of gains in endorsements for the week, and a big jump in the number of Keepers. Go Keepers!

As your Acting Vice Delegate I shared over 200 bottles of TNP's Private Stock rum, and made many new friends. I feel thankful for the opportunity. Since elections are currently underway for a new Vice Delegate, we should see the position filled by next week. Best of luck to all the candidates!

With Robes no longer the VD is the Security Council working to get his endorsements under the cap?

-~-

Week 13 Update
5 April 2020

Hey, all you cool cats and kittens! Its Artemis with another update from the North Pacific Security Council.

First off, I would like to thank @Great Bights Mum for her service as the Acting Vice Delegate and Chair of the Security Council since the resignation of Robespierre. I would also like to thank @Robespierre for his service during his tenure as Vice Delegate. It is my pleasure to take up the role of Vice Delegate in service of the region for the remainder of this term. I look forward to finishing out the term in a strong fashion. But before I go further, I want to finally thank @Crushing Our Enemies for his service as a member of the Security Council and his service to the North Pacific. You have served with honor and distinction for quite some time and I wish you the best in your future endeavors.

6KousAz.png

With Week 13 in the books, the Security Council stands in a fairly good position. We have strong numbers in terms of endorsements given, received and overall influence. With McMasterdonia in P1 and myself in P2, we are no longer in a transition period and this will allow us to focus on building the endorsements of other members of the Security Council through the use of the WADP Telegram and Dispatch Alerts. Shortly after being elected, I sent out two alerts to WA nations. The first was a dispatch for nations that were not endorsing the Delegate, followed by a telegram to the nations that were not endorsing myself. This coming week in conjunction with the Delegate and their Administration, we will be launching Security Council Weeks. More information will be provided regarding this event in the next few days, so it is unlikely that I will be sending out any WADP Alerts for members of the Security Council.

I would also like to note that as a region we continue to grow in the number of World Assembly Members and the number of Keepers of the North. I take this a good sign as we move forward. Our goal for the remainder of the term is to continue to build up the endorsements received and further increase the Average Security Council Rating.

Stay Safe out there among all the craziness of the world,

Artemis

-~-
Week 14 Update
12 April 2020

J2Bddla.png

Hey, all you cool cats and kittens! Its Artemis with another update from the North Pacific Security Council.

Well, all I can say is there is a lot of red up on that table this week. For the most part, I believe that this can be attributed to the wide range of operations that the NPA has been taking part in with their WA Blockade Run over the past week. I applaud the NPA for their excellent work in these operations. Overall the Security Council, Delegate and Vice Delegate are maintaining a high percentage of WA endorsements sent out to the region with activity occurring on a daily basis. This to me offsets the loss in endorsements over the past week. We will continue to work on this and hopefully, we will see quite a bit of green on the board next update.

I know that I said we would be starting an event promoting the Security Council this past week, but due to scheduling issues, we are pushing this back slightly. Look for an announcement for this event in the coming days!

On another note, I would like to thank r3n for his work in making some changes to the "Endorse" page. With this update to the page, we are now able to see new nations that have become eligible for endorsing since the last major update. I encourage you all to check out this update which can be found here.

Watch out for anyone with the Sardine Oil. That's how the big cats will get ya.

~Artemis

-~-
Week 15 Update
19 April 2020

Hey, all you cool Kats and Kittens, its Artemis here with another cool and rad update!

We definitely made a strong push this week on increasing endorsements and a bit of shuffling on positions. We see the delegate is approaching 1,100 endorsements and an increase of 22 WA Residents and an increase of 15 Keepers of the North. Endorsements sent remain high and Security Council members are regularly logging in to their nations.

aNfHFUP.png

We have scheduled Ask Me Anything events for each member of the Security Council, the Vice Delegate and the Delegate to happen over the next 10 days! This will be a great opportunity to learn more about each member of the Security Council, their history in NS and finally answer your burning question about what the difference is between a waffle and a pancake! Here is the schedule for the AMA's so be sure to get your popcorn ready and your keyboards charged.

Monday (20th of April): @mcmasterdonia 10am EST ( (time=1587391200) )
Tuesday (21st of April): @Artemis 8:00PM CDT ( (time=1587517200) )
Wednesday (22nd of April): @Great Bights Mum ( (time=1587600000) )
Thursday (23rd of April): @Sil Dorsett 8:00PM EST ( (time=1587686400) )
Friday (24th of April): @Pallaith 5:30PM PDT ( (time=1587774600) )
Saturday (25th of April): @El Fiji Grande (TBD)
Sunday (26th of April): @Siwale 12:06 EST ( (time=1587917160) )
Monday (27th of April): @Lord Lore 5:30 PM CDT ( (time=1588026600) )
Tuesday (28th of April): @Marcus Antonius 7:00 PM BST ( (time=1588096800) )
Wednesday (29th of April): @Nessuno 9:00 PM CET ( (time=1588186800) )

Keep it cool!
~Artemis

Last edited:

-~-
Week 16 Update
26 April 2020
Hey, all you fabulously cool cats and kittens out there! It's me with another update from the Security Council!

HEWl5Kt.png

Well, we definitely hit the surge and held Security Week at just the right time! This past week we have seen a surge of almost 400 new WA nations and 116 new Keepers of the North! McMasterdonia has broken the record for most endorsements held and all members of the Security Council are now over 1000 endorsements! These are some fantastic numbers, but there is always room for improvement. I would like to see the ASCR (Average Security Council Rating) increase. This past week it dropped 4.34 points. I'd like to see it rise back above 60%.

This week has been encouraging to see so many new faces in the community and to give them the opportunity to interact with each member of the Security Council. I want to thank each member of the Council for taking part in this event and to the residents of our community for their involvement as well. I look forward to seeing the Fireside Chats that the Ministry of Radio is working on publishing and to see the final results of the Security Week.

Till next week!

~Artemis

-~-
Week 17 Update
3 May 2020

All I can say is WOW! These numbers are insane right now. I would say that the Security Week event could not have happened at a better time and we really reaped the benefits of the surge. Hats off to all those involved in the planning and execution of this event. Thank you to everyone that participated in the "Ask Me Anythings" and congrats to all those who won some cool prizes! We saw the average endorsements for the Security Council increase from 923 to 1142! We also gave out 1071 cards to 889 nations in what was the LARGEST CARD GIVEAWAY EVER! This is in terms of the quantity and value of the cards.

HI0Ji2O.png

I think the numbers above speak for themselves and I won't be going into much detail on them. Overall impressive gains across the board. The only number that keeps me up at night is the Average Security Council Rating of 57.84%. I'd like to see that number increase.

Currently, the Security Council is discussing Wonderess' application to join the Security Council. Deliberations are ongoing regarding the applicant.

That is all I have for this update! Thank you so much for all your participation! If you haven't already, be sure to apply to be a citizen and vote in the upcoming General Election which will go to a vote in the next couple of days!

~Artemis

Last edited:

-~-
Week 1 Update
11 May 2020

Hello Everyone!

Wow, what a success of an election. 150 ballots cast and counted! What a testament and statement to the strength of democracy in the North Pacific. I want to congratulate @Prydania and @St George on their election to the Delegacy and Speakership respectively. I am looking forward to working with both of them over the coming term on a variety of projects. I also want to take a moment to thank @mcmasterdonia for their amazing service as Delegate for these past two terms. It has truly been a pleasure and honor serving with you. I wish you the best in your future endeavors, whatever they might be.

6pKQMf7.png

Now onto the numbers. We continue with some strong gains across the board. You will see that I have included Delegate-Elect Prydania on the board to give a clear indication of where we are in the coming transition. We have already targeted some 200 Keepers who are not endorsing Pry to encourage them to retain their Keeper status. The Security Council will be including messages to those they endorse asking them to be sure to endorse Prydania as well. I will be using the WADP to send out regular dispatch and telegram alerts encouraging nations to endorse Pry. We have some work to do to get Prydania to the Delegacy, but it is something that we can accomplish by all working together to make it happen. At this time I do ask that no one unendorse @mcmasterdonia at this time.

Warmest Regards and here is to a great term!
~Artemis of Sundred

-~-
Week 2 Update
19 May 2020

a4uEtwg.png

Howdy All,

As you can see, our numbers continue to grow. Over the next few days, we are expecting some drastic changes to the numbers in the region with an expected CTE event of nations joining from Youtube. We will continue to monitor the numbers as they come in and adjusting our strategy. We will continue to push hard to get Prydania to P2 before having McMasterdonia lowering their endorsement counts.

Just a reminder that the WADP will see epic cards being given out to nations involved so be sure to get out and endorse everyone to win more cards!

Sorry for the rather short update, but hopefully next week we will see some more progress on a number of projects!

~Artemis

-~-
Week 3 Update
25 May 2020

kXMgvhH.png

Howdy All!

Well, the wave of CTE's has hit and as you can see from the numbers almost all members of the Security Council felt it to some degree. Overall, I would say the wave of CTE's have had less of an impact on our overall WA numbers than we were expecting, but we will continue to monitor and engage with the members who have joined through the Youtube Wave.

We will continue to push forward with bringing Prydania to number 2 in endorsements before reducing McMasterdonia's counts. I have been posting dispatches and sending WADP telegrams to aid with this in addition to several telegrams sent out by Prydania, McMasterdonia, and other members of the Security Council. Gameside Advocates have also been assisting with posting on the Regional Message Board.

I would like to note that some of you might have noticed that the endorse page (https://forum.thenorthpacific.org/pages/endorse/) was recently not working. This bug has been identified and fixed so please use that page to exchange endorsements and see who is not endorsing your nation!

This past week the Security Council has been discussing a member that has applied to join the council. Discussion is ongoing.

Remember to endorse Prydania if you have not already done so and tell all your friends to do the same as well!

Peace Out!
~Artemis

Mr. Vice Delegate,

It’s been nearly two weeks since the citizenry was last updated as to the activities of your Office and I was wondering when the next weekly report was scheduled to be given from you.

I noticed that the seventy-second volume of the World Assembly Development Program (WADP) awards were published on the thirty-first of May, but since that date we have yet to see any reports from you over the past twelve days. Seeing as to how you have not indicated any sort of leave of absence, I was wondering why this is.

Thank you for your concern Robespierre. There will indeed be an update posted tomorrow.

-~-
Week 5 Update
7 June 2020

DPB72U5.png

Greetings All!

Yes, I know it has been two weeks since my last update but never fear for I have one for you today! Several community members were concerned by the lack of an update this past week but I can assure you that myself and members of the Council were remaining active and attending to our duties. Over the past two weeks, we have really seen the CTE event from the YouTube flood and it has impacted our numbers to a degree. We still remain strong in our numbers and we have seen Prydania continue to increase their numbers thanks in part to WADP Telegrams, Dispatches, and personal telegrams from members of the Council and the Delegate. Prydania is closing in on P2 in terms of endorsements in terms of almost 100 endorsements. This is where we will need the community's support in pushing Prydania into the in-game delegacy. During your endotarting, be sure to telegram nations asking them to share their endorsement with yourself, the Delegate, and members of the Security Council.

Currently, the Security Council continues its deliberations regarding an application to the Security Council.

Keep on Endotarting, my Friends!

~Artemis

-~-
Week 6Update
14 June 2020

zfGvN4i.png

Greetings TNPers!

Well, we continue to see the CTE rolling in from the YouTube Wave. Overall there were losses across the board. But we continue to see Prydania climbing up the ranks. Currently, he sits at less than 100 away from the Delegacy, so we will continue to focus our efforts on propelling him forward. We will maintain sending regular WADP telegrams, dispatches, and person telegrams to nations during endotarting. If you have not done so already, please endorse Prydania!

Currently, the Security Council is voting on an application for a member to join the Security Council. Additional discussion is taking place in regard to a proposal for an amendment to the Line of Succession.

Keep on Keeping on!
~Artemis

Does the Vice Delegate @Artemis intend to close the vote on the application of @Rocketdog to the Security Council, as it has already surpassed the 5 days of voting indicated at the opening of the vote, and provide a statement on why the application is (presumably) rejected?

Does the Vice Delegate @Artemis intend to close the vote on the application of @Rocketdog to the Security Council, as it has already surpassed the 5 days of voting indicated at the opening of the vote, and provide a statement on why the application is (presumably) rejected?
Thank you for your concern. The voting was extended to close this morning to allow all members of the Security Council the ability for their votes to be counted. The application did indeed fail in a 4-4-1 vote. We will be releasing a statement to the Regional Assembly promptly. Once again thank you for your concern.

Mr Vice Delegate, I note with appreciation your dedication to providing reasoning when the Security Council rejects an applicant, as it did with Wonderess and as you stated your intention to do for the application of Brendog. Do you intend to amend the Procedure of the Security Council to make this a requirement going forward?

Mr Vice Delegate, I note with appreciation your dedication to providing reasoning when the Security Council rejects an applicant, as it did with Wonderess and as you stated your intention to do for the application of Brendog. Do you intend to amend the Procedure of the Security Council to make this a requirement going forward?
This is something that the Security Council has informally agreed to do for the time being. I do intend to bring a formal debate and vote regarding changes to the Procedures.

Mr. Vice Delegate,

I couldn’t help but notice that your nation, Sundred, is dangerously close to overtaking outgoing Delegate McMasterdonia for the in-game Delegacy seat. Does this concern you and if so is the Security Council currently taking preventative measures to ensure that an accidental in-game Delegacy does not materialize?

Mr. Vice Delegate,

I couldn’t help but notice that your nation, Sundred, is dangerously close to overtaking outgoing Delegate McMasterdonia for the in-game Delegacy seat. Does this concern you and if so is the Security Council currently taking preventative measures to ensure that an accidental in-game Delegacy does not materialize?
It is being addressed thank you.

Mr. Vice Delegate,

As I noted yesterday afternoon via a post in this thread: Your nation, Sundred, was dangerously close to overtaking the outgoing Delegate, McMasterdonia, in terms of endorsements received. This would have resulted in you becoming an in-game Delegate at last night’s major update had the North Pacific Army, our allies, and to some extent, the Security Council not acted to widen the endorsement count gap between McMasterdonia and yourself.

As past instances have demonstrated, there are groups on NationStates who are willing to take advantage of certain situations (much like this one) and force accidental delegacy changes to occur for a variety of reasons. Even so, none of those reasons would presumably have aligned well with the interests of the North Pacific, and thankfully this was not allowed to materialize in part due to the reactive efforts of some.

I appreciate you responding promptly to my inquiry yesterday with a message indicating that this set of circumstances was being addressed. However, I believe that there are some questions that need to be asked as a result of this ever becoming a possibility in the first place. Please, if you would indulge me, I ask the following:

At what point was the Security Council at-large made aware of the Vice Delegate’s endorsement count as it encroached precariously towards McMasterdonia’s own? Surely this was noticed well before the issue was drawn attention to in a public setting, yes? If so, who amongst the Security Council had been monitoring the transition and, in the likelihood that multiple Security Councilors were overseeing the transition, did any members of the Security Council warn that the Vice Delegate’s endorsement growth needed to be slowed in order to prevent an in-game delegacy from occurring in the immediate future?

If not, then is it fair to say that this was an internal oversight within the Security Council? If you believe that it is not fair to say as such, then I would like to know what preventative measures were being taken to address the possibility of an accidental in-game delegacy as a result of the transition prior to my posting above in this thread where you indicated that the situation was being addressed.

As I am certain that you are most aware, the Security Council’s duty is to prevent unplanned in-game delegacy changes from occurring - the keyword here being unplanned. That being said, do you see the Council’s performance in this regard as being underwhelming considering that yesterday’s events carried the considerable potential for an unplanned delegacy change to transpire?

If you do not view yesterday’s performance as being underwhelming, then could you explain why it may appear to some as though the North Pacific Army and by extension, our allies when called upon. were more effective in preventing the aforementioned unplanned change than the members of our Security Council tasked with the security of our region were?

Lastly, as the situation is under control now (with the differential in endorsement counts presently being thirty-one between McMasterdonia and yourself), would you be willing to offer up a course of action as to how the Security Council intends to proceed on with this transition and ensure that Prydania safely assumes the in-game delegacy without the Vice Delegate taking the seat in unexpected fashion?

As a means of properly answering each of these questions and making certain that the citizenry is well-informed on the status of the in-game delegacy and the Security Council’s role in this transition going forward, I would like to respectfully request that a report be given by the Security Council in the coming days and that the report suffices the questions asked herein of why seemingly no preventative measures were taken in order to avert an accidental in-game delegacy from materializing prior to the situation being brought to your attention a mere few hours following the conclusion of yesterday’s minor update.

Please answer these questions to the best of your ability, as I know from my time serving as Vice Delegate and gaining insight into the functions of this body that internal matters within the Security Council are subjects that demand careful consideration before being spoken on. Nonetheless, I believe that these questions should be answered.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

-~-
Week 7 Update
21 June 2020

ZByey3Y.png

Howdy!

We are officially in the endgame now of the transition period. Prydania is now in position 3 for endorsements in the North Pacific. Currently, they sit just shy of 20 endorsements behind my nation. I would like to thank the soldiers of the Rejected Realms Army and the European Navy for their assistance with this transition which is greatly appreciated.

Over this past week, we have seen a jump in the number of Keepers of the North and we continue to see strong endorsement numbers despite the number of CTE that continue to straggle in from the Youtube Wave.

Now to address the recent concern that some in the community have expressed. The Security Council and I always appreciate hearing concerns from citizens of the North Pacific regarding the security and stability of the region. I will gladly address the concerns that were raised regarding the closeness of the endorsements numbers between McMasterdonia and myself this past week as well as the distance between Prydania and the in-game Delegacy. We as a body have not been blind to the numbers nor have we ignored them. To indicate otherwise would concerning. The closeness of the endorsements numbers had been noted prior to the public comment raised by one of our citizens. I can assure you all that the Security Council has been monitoring and been advising during this transition period.

It was pointed out that the Security Council's duty is to prevent unplanned in-game delegacy changes from occurring. I would like to correct that statement. It is the duty of the Security Council to protect and maintain the security and stability of the North Pacific. While an "un-planned" delegacy transfer was possible, it did not happen. Not in a single instance was the security or stability of the region threatened. There was no random or hostile individual who potentially would have taken the delegacy, but a duly elected Vice Delegate who was able to do their duty in maintaining the Second Most Endorsements in the region and respond quickly and achieve results to address the concerns of some individuals. The transition process has always involved the North Pacific Army. From my knowledge, our allies were called in to assist with the transition, as is the right of the Delegate to request so.

There was no concern if the Vice Delegate was to assume the Delegacy in this transition. It has been noted by several in the community that it would make sense for the duly elected Vice Delegate to hold the position till Delegate Prydania was able to assume the position. There has been precedent in the past for the Vice Delegate of the North Pacific to do so during transition periods. This is not a new concept, but one that has not happened often. Traditionally, when the outgoing delegate has a significant gap in endorsements from the Vice Delegate, it's advantageous for them to maintain the in-game delegacy while the elected delegate is endotarting. But in this case, this argument does not apply, given that McMasterdonia and I had about the same number of endorsements.

As always, the security of the region and its stability is the primary concern for the Vice Delegate and the Security Council and we will continue to monitor and act when appropriate. We take concerns from citizens and residents of the region to heart and welcome feedback from the community as a whole in the best ways we can address that feedback to build a better and more secure community.

Remember to continue to endorse Prydania to aid in the transition.

Warmest Regards,
~Artemis
Vice Delegate of the North Pacific

I would add to the above that Artemis has been leading our efforts in both monitoring the transition and endorsement counts. I am grateful for his role in this.

The way I see it, my duty is to hold the delegacy until Prydania is able to take it directly. As he is the elected Delegate. Prydania is very close at this point and we have been in regular communication about the transition and my intentions. While it is true that in the past Vice Delegates have taken the Delegacy, this has usually been as a last resort (i.e. Pasargad in lieu of Blue Wolf II taking it) - or if they were already acting as Delegate prior to the election (SillyString I think is the most recent example of this). This has caused some problems and disruption in the past, particularly in the former case, where it was exploited by people in-game to make our transition to the elected Delegate more difficult.

I will make sure that the legally elected Delegate takes the delegacy as is his right. Our transition has been made more difficult due to actions by citizens who should frankly know better. This has included unendorsing my nation prematurely before they were asked to do so, and has even included posting on the regional message board asking for nations to unendorse me. This kind of thing just makes it more difficult but it does happen every transition. Including during the last one between El Fiji Grande and myself. We have tried to get on top of this as soon as possible.

While nations are free to endorse and unendorse who they wish, I would appreciate it if they did not unendorse me until Prydania is ahead of Sundred. Likewise, I would prefer that they not take to the regional message board and post messages seeking the withdrawal of endorsements. When/If the time comes for that, we will let you know.

At this rate, Prydania will take the Delegacy either tomorrow or the next day. We are very close. Lets be patient and get it done right.

-~-
Week 8Update
28 June 2020

RsrOq8R.png

Hello Peeps!

Well, we continue to see the decline in the number of WA nations in the region. We are attributing this to the remainder of the Youtube Wave CTEs. But in other news, Prydania successfully took the in-game delegacy earlier this week. This was entirely a team effort and I would like to thank all those in the community for their support as well as our allies for their assistance.

Regarding the weekly update notice, we have added some new information to the table. Will now be including the number of RMB posts made by Security Councillors during the previous week. Additionally, we will be including the influence rank in the data as well. Further, I would like to thank r3n for his efforts in helping build a tool that makes collating this information.

Till next week!

~Artemis

Due to recently contracting the Coronavirus, I will be taking a brief hiatus away from NS to focus on my health. In my absence I am naming @Pallaith as Acting Chair of the Security Council.

Due to recently contracting the Coronavirus, I will be taking a brief hiatus away from NS to focus on my health. In my absence I am naming @Pallaith as Acting Chair of the Security Council.
I hope you get better soon Artemis, I'm sure Pallaith will be fine in your absence. Your health always comes first.

-~-
Week 9 Update
5 July 2020

q5jMMwx.png

Well as you all know, Artemis will be taking some time off to ride out the dreaded coronavirus. All of us in the Security Council wish him well and hope that not having to track all these endorsements will give him plenty of time to rest and recharge. This is not a walk in the park, so we'll keep him in our thoughts and welcome him back when he's feeling better and able to start poking his head in the game again. We thank you for your patience as we give him this necessary space and help him with the duties that need to be done while he's gone.

The snapshot for the current state of endorsements is above. The decline in overall endorsements is still fairly steep, but before we can get that dramatically changed we need to mind the gap between first and second. The gap between Prydania and Artemis is still not very robust, and is still only about the same distance it was last week. We will need to keep Prydania's number climbing, at the same time we deal with the shedding of WA nations, and that's going to be a challenge for a while yet. On another note, I hope that our new tracking of RMB posts encourages more frequent engagement between the SC and the gameside community, so I will personally hope to see those numbers climb in the weeks ahead. It takes time to build new habits though, so don't fret too much yet. Also, note the addition, as promised, of the influence rank.

I don't know how long I'll be here doing these, but no matter who is, keep on endotarting, keep on encouraging your fellow TNPers to do the same, and keep your eyes peeled for the next update.

-Pallaith

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you all for the well wishes. I will be returning to normal activity this coming Sunday.

Back