Royal Chamberlain Mr. Jack Dawkins
[c]
LEGISLATURE

The Speaker of the Senate Charlie Sheen
Senator Greyvendal
Senator Escanthea

The Lord President of the Assembly 94 Block

~94 BLOCK NAMED NEW KNIGHT COMMANDER~
In an announcement by His Majesty King Augustus, 94 Block was named the new Knight Commander of the region's imperialist military force, The Knights of Ainur. 94 Block is filling the vacancy that was formed with the resignation of Emrys Mercer. For his contributions to both the Knights and the region, Emrys Mercer was appointed to the ceremonial position of Marshal.

Although a relatively new member to the region, 94 Block was rapidly promoted due to his prior military experience. 94 Block has served in various raider organisations, including The Black Riders, Grand Central, and DEN. The current Knights all seem happy regarding the new appointment, although that may be due in fear of running laps. 94 Block took time out of his busy schedule to answer a few questions for us.

In what direction do you hope to lead the Knights?
I plan to lead our Knights in the direction of imperialism. I also plan to do raids that get our name out there as well. I want our Knights to be one of the most powerful forces. I believe I can get us there given time. That's my goal.

How do you feel that you are prepared to take on this role?
I have some experience leading TBR and raising up good raiders. I will use that along with my connections in the raider world to strengthen the Knights. I also believe that the spirit of Ainur is with me and will strengthen my ambition and that of my Knights as well.

You spent some time with The Black Riders. Do you feel that experience will help you here?
I will bring with me their level of professionalism and their passion for raiding. They take this game to a whole new level and I plan to match that within the imperialist sect of raiding.

Emrys Mercer had served as Knight Commander admirably before stepping down. Do you have any comments on filling his shoes?
He served them to the best of his ability. I plan to do the same. I hope that as our first marshal that I can call on him for advice and help if I need it.

It remains to be seen how the Knights will function under new leadership, with most Knights having served only under Emrys throughout the duration of their careers in Ainur. 94 Block got his boots dirty for the first time in Ainur, leading an operation in Rome. In attendance was pointman Sq. Cali SanArkus, Sgt. Michael SanArkus, and assistance was provided by TBR Lt. Wetwork.

Although the Knights continue to occupy the region, further information regarding Rome is minimal, with this little bit of information having been fed to us via a carrier pigeon.

* ELECTION RESULTS *

STEWARD ELECTION
Cali SanArkus: 9
Ashton Mercer: 2
Firebrand: 1
[c]
SENATE ELECTION
Charlie Sheen: 9
Escanthea: 5
Greyvendal: Via By-Election

The recently elected Steward Caligula SanArkus was euphoric to take on the position, citing in an interview that he was both "excited and anxious" to take on the duty. Cali joined the region in June and has since served in varying capacities including Senator, Minister, and Deputy Steward. IThis is his first term as Steward, having narrowly lost to Emrys Mercer in his first and only other time running, two terms ago. Among his first changes is to turn away from the the 'First Minister' and 'Minister without Portfolio' positions and towards more the more traditional specialized roles, with a Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Internal Affairs, and Minister of Colonial Affairs.

Caligula appointed fellow Steward canidate Ashton Mercer to the position of Minister of Internal Affairs. As for Foreign Affairs, Cali announced the incumbent Jack Dawkins would remain in the chair. Long time Ainurian Firebrand was appointed to serve as Minister for Colonial Affairs. All nominations were unanimously approved by the Senate. Cali cited the three's "devotion and commitment to forwarding Ainur" as a major reason for their appointment.

At the request of His Majesty, Steward Cali also nominated Edward Leben to serve as Attorney General. In a phone interview, Cali said Mr. Leben's law experience in Kantrias led to his decision.

The Senate election featured only two candidates for three seats, with former Steward Charlie Sheen up against newcomer Escanthea. A by-election was held to fill the third seat, with usually-just-an-admin Greyvendal beating out the always-loony Michael SanArkus to win the seat.

* O CANADA! *
lp-visit.gif
One of Ainur's longest standing allies, Canada, is allegedly up next for a dual-forum festival, according to a conference call with Steward Cali SanArkus and Minister of Foreign Affairs Jack Dawkins. The two regions originally agreed to a festival over a month ago, but plans stalled.

After taking the position of Steward, Caligula learned through Ainurian ambassador to Canada Crushita that there still remains interest in holding a festival. Contact and discussion then reopened between Ainur and Matilda Love of Canada. Although Cali & Jack were relatively mum about what is planned, the two said that the festival will be held on both region's forums and feature a variety of special events including a scavenger hunt, spam games, and an avatar contest. The Steward and Minister said that no date has been set. Planning is set to continue, with an date being set soon.

In other News...

• [*]Jack Dawkins was appointed to be the first Chamberlain of Ainur. Mr. Dawkins will serve the King directly, assisting him in a variety of Royal matters.
    [*]Ainurian citizens Seobryn and Dawn El Kaiser announced their RL marriage. Congratulations Seo & Dawn!
    [*]In the annual Halloween 'Nationstates Day Z' scenario, Ainur strugled to survive! With no set procedure, some empathetic nations were looking for a cure, some killing them away at gun points, and others soulless individuals became one with the Zombies!
    [*]The forums reached 100,000 posts!
    [*]Ainur is encouraging the Arts in the Mercer Media Centre. Post stories, poems, artwork, etc! We appreciate seeing all your hard work!

Ambassors Note: Hello all our friends in The North Pacific! Nice to see you all again, I hoped you enjoyed reading our update!
You Ambassador,
Crushita
Theres no flag animation so heres some dancing cheese.
:cheese:

That's a shame.

I'd tell you no one would tell on you if you fixed it, but somebody probably would, given the embassies are guest-visible xD

Back