The Minister's Office

I would like to announce the addition of Yayness Cheese man, scukey1, and Perfekta to the Diplomatic Corps. Welcome new ambassadors!

Minister Ravenclaw; if I may ask, I haven't been checking around here lately. The Festival of the Arts and RP commitments as well as RL have been getting in the way. What've I missed, and what do I need to do? Anything you need from Lazarus?

I recommend you keep in contact with your team leader, Myroria. He'll be able to tell you what is needed from the staff. :)

To outgoing minister Raven or the incoming minister:

As far as I know I am still ambassador to British Isles, Canada, and LKE. I wish to resign from my ambassadorships effective immediately. Thank you.

Malvad

Thank you Malvad. :) I'm sure my successor will keep that in mind.

Are you resigning from the Diplomatic Corps entirely or just from your postings?

Lord Ravenclaw:

Are you resigning from the Diplomatic Corps entirely or just from your postings?
Lord Ravenclaw, I presume you are not prepared to take on another term as Foreign Affairs Minister?

Lord Ravenclaw:

Just from my postings, thank you.

Thank you Malvad. I won't remove you from the Diplomatic Corps group, so you can reapply for postings whenever you wish.

Gradea:

While I would have been prepared in the event the position was unable to be filled, it is the general consensus that new blood is needed for the Minister's position and there is no way in any language that you can define me as "new blood". I will remain as an Advisor to the Delegate; as well as both a member of the Diplomatic Corps (without postings) and as a Senior Diplomat (should that system be kept).

That said, I have, with that knowledge in mind, accepted a teaching role in The East Pacific; both as a caretaker Minister of Foreign Affairs there, and as a Mentor to a rising star of their region (until November).

Quick question to the minister:

I was looking through the embassies making sure all the ambassadors had the foreign envoy making, and i noticed that some of the embassies have been inactive for a year or more. In some cases there have been no embassy posts since 2013.

Gratifyingly most of the embassies are pretty active, which is a great improvement, but can I ask how long an embassy is allowed to be inactive before it is closed?

Generally there is a rough policy of two to three months, though personally I'd lean towards giving people a bit more leeway. McM helped archive some I picked out as especially inactive at the beginning of the term; I'll go through again and report which parts of the herd need to be culled to the admin thread. ;)

There are some other factors that allow some regions to slip through the cracks and keep an inactive embassy open; IDU, for example, hasn't posted an update in quite some time and even though our treaty doesn't require us to keep embassies open, I'd rather leave it since they're our ally.

A quick question - what is the typical process for Ambassador approvals by this office? I ask because it would seem that no Ambassador has been processed from any region since January, even though there have been several applications.

Asta is indeed Minister of Foreign Affairs at the moment. Current deputies I believe are Zyvet and Tomb. I have asked Asta to take a look at the executive applications thread, as well as poked all Ministers to manage their own applications regularly.

There is currently a large question in the cabinet about the Mentoring System, as well as a more specific training program for diplomats. I am waiting to hear from McMasterdonia and Myroria regarding their own ideas on that front, and I am also waiting for an opportunity for the Cabinet to discuss diplomatic training and means in a setting that befits its importance.

I am appointing mcmasterdonia as the Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs. As a former Minister of Foreign Affairs and Delegate I am confident that mcmasterdonia is more than qualified to hold the position. :tnp:

A while ago the Ministry of Foreign Affairs released a short update to our embassies. I just realized that I should probably make it public so the citizens of TNP may read it as well... :duh:

mofa_seal.png

THE NORTH PACIFIC
MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS

1st August 2016
Magicality City, The North Pacific

A brief update:

To our embassies,

The North Pacific Diplomatic Corps would like to send out a brief update on what the region has been up to in the past while.

In May, Lord Ravenclaw was reelected as Delegate. The election was extended as voters voted reopen nominations rather than electing the candidates unopposed. Bootsie was re-elected as Vice Delegate as was Zyvetskistaahn as Speaker. quak1234 and Mister Masses continue to serve him as Deputy Speakers. Lord Ravenclaw appointed flemingovia as Minister of Communications, Gladio as Minister of Defence, Plembobria as Minister of Home Affairs and Mousebumples as Minister of World Assembly Affairs. Lord Ravenclaw accepted applications to the remaining ministries and Kasch was appointed Minister of the newly created Gameside Affairs, IndieGirl is in charge of Culture & Entertainment and Praetor was chosen for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

The Judicial Election has just finished; SillyString is the new Attorney General. Gracius Maximus, Kialga and Eluvatar were elected as justices with the last serving as Chief Justice.

The North Pacific is part of an endeavour to reduce the number of mass-telegram campaigns aimed at all WA nations for WA resolutions. The signatories agreed to collaborate to take measures to counter such campaigns, including having the Delegates of the signatories vote early against the resolutions, issuing telegram campaigns in response in their own regions or more widely, and compiling a list of those that use such campaigns regularly (presumably with the intention of tending to vote against their proposals as a deterrent measure).

Since the recent Imgur flood courtesy of Firehelm, The North Pacific has gained 42 citizens. Several of these citizens have joined us on Discord and in the Executive Staff.

Due to the influx of nations our Delegate has surpassed 1000 endorsements. His vote has been crucial in affecting the outcome of several resolutions, most recently, defeating Ivo's attempt to besmirch the TITO in Liberate California. The North Pacific has also contributed to passing Repeal Condemn the Pacific after the resolution failing twice in the recent months.

The North Pacific Army is very much active, they've completed twelve operations recently and are able to field approximately 13 troops.

The North Pacific is looking forward to continuing to bring new individuals into the community in the next while.

Sincerely,
The Diplomatic Corps of The North Pacific

ETDNL, congratulations! I look forward to working with you as we run this rather large ministry.

Back