Map Claims Thread

Our Cartography Committee has added Syrixia to the map.

For explanation on our exclaves as well as the map image, please check out our forum thread in the Docks- "The Empire Reveals Itself"

-The Syrixian Diplomatic Committee

TheEmpireOfSyrixia:

For explanation on our exclaves as well as the map image, please check out our forum thread in the Docks- "The Empire Reveals Itself"

NOTICE::
It is important that all claims for territory be made explicit here in the Map Claims Thread. One should also reference the most current Political Map when making a claim.

This should be done by all applicants as it might arise that each wishes to claim the same, or part of the same, territory. Claims will be processed in the order that they are listed by date and time stamp. Claims sent by personal message (PM) or telegram (TG) will not be processed -- this is to provide transparency and fairness to all applicants.
Syrixia, your claim is noted as being based upon the following map as you referenced here.

Syrixia's Map Claim

I shall use that claim as a guideline in establishing your territories, but where there is an existing claim on the current Political Map, those prior claims will have precedence. I also reserve the right to modify the number and sizes of territories you have claimed. (Only one of your exclaves was unclaimed. -- Edit.)

>^,,^<
Alunya

yeah most of your claims for exclaves are in other peoples territories like the islands you highlighted right of the coast of me is mine

Hi Alunya,

First of all, thank you so much for all you're doing and all your help on the Regional Map.
It looks really good and I just wanted to thank you for that.

And Alunya, I was wondering if you could please expand my land area so that my northern border touches the rest of Flutiestan and my western border touches the landlocked lake in the landmass.
As far as my southern border goes, you can put that anywhere you see fit since it will not matter according to the RP I am coming up with.

Of course, I do appreciate your help in forward, Alunya :)

Thanks,

~ Tomb

Interesting stuff about Syrixia, here. I'll be checking the news... I hope to see an RP treaty and not an RP war!

Okay, so the quality of this image is ridiculous. I apologise in advance. >_>

map_zps4ba96bf2.jpg
Could I get a rough representation of what I've outlined? Whatever's easiest (fairest) for you. Thanks! ^_^

We have finished a new map. We have added several major countries, more mountains, some deserts, and Syrixia.

www.syrixianationstates.wordpress.com

Click "Exploration Program Map"

Alunya:
TheEmpireOfSyrixia:

NOTICE::
It is important that all claims for territory be made explicit here in the Map Claims Thread. One should also reference the most current Political Map when making a claim.

This should be done by all applicants as it might arise that each wishes to claim the same, or part of the same, territory. Claims will be processed in the order that they are listed by date and time stamp. Claims sent by personal message (PM) or telegram (TG) will not be processed -- this is to provide transparency and fairness to all applicants.
Syrixia, your claim is noted as being based upon the following map as you referenced here.

Syrixia's Map Claim

I shall use that claim as a guideline in establishing your territories, but where there is an existing claim on the current Political Map, those prior claims will have precedence. I also reserve the right to modify the number and sizes of territories you have claimed. (Only one of your exclaves was unclaimed. -- Edit.)

>^,,^<
Alunya
No, it's fine, we realized we were using an outdated map. We have a new map. Check out website,

www.syrixianationstates.com.

You'll know what page it's on.

Okay, as former cartographer, I'm just going to throw this out there. Alu, please forgive me if I step on any toes.

First off, the forum has this dandy tool called BBCode, which allows you to embed images instead of making Alu fumble through a confusing website to find your map requests. It's pretty easy to figure out, but since the first time I suggested that was ignored, allow me to make a step by step guide. It's quite easy to do. Right click an image (your lovely map), select "Copy image URL". Next, go to where you want to post it. You make a bracket, like so [ img ]YourImageURL.com/png[ /img ] (just remove the spaces inside the brackets) and bam. If you feel this image would be too large (as most maps are), you can spoiler it using the exact same format, except instead of using img, write spoiler. I hope that all makes sense.

Second off, it's really considered bad etiquette to just slap nations besides your own onto the map, as well as making any edits outside of your own nation. A cartographer tries extremely hard to put the project together, and to just have someone whimsically add whatever they want across the entire region is a slap in the face. Also, regarding adding nations, if those nations want to be added, they can request it. It only takes up space on the map for nations that might actually want to RP. Additionally, please refrain from also adding puppet nations, since they don't have any RP value except to you.

Sincerely,

a disgruntled RPer and cartographer.

I highly recommend conferring with the NationStates stickies on Roleplay, as well as Lennart's (albeit outdated) map based RP rules for guidance.

tl;dr embed your map image, stop completely redoing the map.

New Map
The Democratic Republic of Tomb:
-snip-
I was wondering if you could please expand my land area so that my northern border touches the rest of Flutiestan and my western border touches the landlocked lake in the landmass.
As far as my southern border goes, you can put that anywhere you see fit since it will not matter according to the RP I am coming up with.
Done!

James:
Okay, so the quality of this image is ridiculous. I apologise in advance. >_>

map_zps4ba96bf2.jpg
Could I get a rough representation of what I've outlined? Whatever's easiest (fairest) for you. Thanks! ^_^
Done!

Konoha:
Alunya why you don't add the capitals of the nations?
There are two reasons not to do this:
(1) People will change the names of their capitols from time to time, and
(2) They won't tell anyone, meaning a continual search of everyone is required!

Syrixia, you may post your claim in this thread. I know how to find it, of course. The problem is that everyone else needs to see your claim as well, and they may not be able to find it. It is your responsibility to make it visible in this thread.

You are, of course, free to make all the maps you want. Over time, your maps will differ from the official map of The North Pacific. So be it.

>^,,^<
[me]

Here's a map you guys will like. Syrixia was moved to a different location, the occupied regions of Tombian Ixelonia and Syrixian Ixelonia were added as well as Sasten, God N Country N Byron, Yaorozu, The United Planetary Bodies, and some deserts! You guys will love it and I hope it will be the official map as I worked very hard to create it. It includes more countries than Alunya's map and more features, so I guarantee you'll love it!

I will post soon once I figure out how to get images that are 5000 x 5000, which is what the map image is, past PostImage's size limit like Alunya did. If possible is there another site that will accept my image?

The Spokesman of Eumenor:
Syrixia, I'm sure we can sort you out an exclave somewhere near Eumenorian territory. I believe that trade between our nations would benefit both of us.
TheEmpireOfSyrixia:
Sounds good. I'll add one to the map.
Where? Send me a pic before asking Alunya. How are things, Alu? I've not been active for a while, feeling out of the loop.
As mentioned earlier, once you two have agreed on where in Eumenor's territory you both would like to see the exclave/enclave, please post it in this thread so it is known to everyone.

The Cat is doing well, Eumenor. There are some role-plays now. On the other hand, I haven't voted in quite a while.

>^,,^<
Alunya

Glad to hear it. In negotiations with Syrixia. Looking at somewhere not actually in Eumenor, but sharing the Western border. We'll keep you posted.
When I say 'we', I mean 'I'.

Hi Alunya,
I would like to keep Eumenor intact, so could Syrixia take an area, preferably sharing a land border with us for ease of transfer of goods, to the West border, just outside of the current Eumenorian lands? I think (although it's hard to tell with 'the people's council' and all that) that this suits both of us.
You know where to find this post.
Because it's right here.

Can I be on the North Main Island, please. A Nation that includes the Lagoon, mountains and coast to the SW of Zombie Bikers would be nice.

New Map

Hi Alunya,
I would like to keep Eumenor intact, so could Syrixia take an area, preferably sharing a land border with us for ease of transfer of goods, to the West border, just outside of the current Eumenorian lands? I think (although it's hard to tell with 'the people's council' and all that) that this suits both of us.
You know where to find this post.
Because it's right here.
Done!
Nessuno:
Hi, i am Territorio di Nessuno.
Can i have the territory between the Principally of Legington and Tenebritia?
Done!
Chopwellian:
Can I be on the North Main Island, please. A Nation that includes the Lagoon, mountains and coast to the SW of Zombie Bikers would be nice.
I saw this post just four minutes after I had completed Territorio di Nessuno's claim. His was filed first.

That said, I've given you everything except a coast and a lagoon. You also have a nice little exclave, and probably more neighbors than anyone else on the map. One of those is Zombie Bikers, which means you are on the North Island (actually a continent) as well.

And here is the clincher. Oqoyscana's territory may become available on Thursday, November 13th, 2014. If it does, I am giving you, Chopwell first option here and now on it -- let me know before November 13th if you want it. If you don't exercise the option, or decline it, it then goes back into the wilderness for anyone to claim (within reason) after the thirteenth.

One last note: Lajikstan moved out of The North Pacific and their (former) territory is now available. I do check this sort of thing every once in a while, so if you are migrating in and out of The North Pacific, let me know so I don't delete you from the map.

I know some of you use your TNP nation instead of a puppet to go on raids, reinforce TNP Army positions, and to defend. In this case, telegram or personal message me so as not to tip others off about operations in progress. I try very much to be fair, and will keep you on the map as long as you're within TNP and its operations.

>^,,^<
Alunya

Thanks Alunya I'll take Oqoyscana's territory if it does become free.

Here it is, the North Pacific Early November Map, complete with more nations, more mountains, and that oh-so-desired Eumenor-Syrixia trade route!...and Sasten too :D

f1hbom.png

Yea, Syrixia, we kind of have an official map with Alunya as our cartographer, to make any of those things you put on the map official you'd have to go through Alunya.

In other news, with the Lapse of Lajikstan, would it be at all possible for me to claim the territory consisting of the rest of the island that nation once held to my North? I don't think that is too unreasonable especially considering the current size of Eumenor, Egalotir, Aurora Orb, etc. I would become roughly the size of Norway XXVIII.

Syrixia:
Here it is, the North Pacific Early November Map, complete with more nations, more mountains, and that oh-so-desired Eumenor-Syrixia trade route!...and Sasten too :D

f1hbom.png
Did Oqoyscana's time run out?

Nessuno:
Syrixia:

f1hbom.png
You forgott me!
Nonono, I want this map to be the official one; all we need changed is Oqoyscana into Nessuno. There's lots of new things on this map, like God N Country N Byron, Ixelonia, Old Ixelonia, Syrixia, More Aurora Orb, Olvernian etc land, and I added Democratic Donkeys and New Charlzilla. Alunya, if possible you can edit this, but I think we should go off of this.

Besides, I don't have seven islands north of the HMS Unicorn; I have eighteen and a mainland exclave, (As well as an Ixelonian occupied territory and an exclave for diplomatic relations w/ Eumenor). If you wanna stick to the original atleast change that. But I really think you'd like this new map. Sure there are some nations we need to add but we can do that!

Took a look at the political map. Everything is fine; but try to add my version of the Syrixian territories, as well as Old Ixelonia, of which me and Tomb own, and the current location of Ixelonia, west of Tomb. And I think Sasten should have a spot on Nonsensical's island, he deserves it.

Just some suggestions.

Syrixia, I appreciate the enthusiasm.. but Alunya's map is the official one. Unfortunately you don't get to simply change the official map without going through Alunya. That way everything is coordinated and everyones views are taken into consideration.

We don't add nations to the map who don't want to be on it. Roleplay only occurs between nations who want to be involved, that is why the map can sometimes leave off a number of nations.

mcmasterdonia:
Syrixia, I appreciate the enthusiasm.. but Alunya's map is the official one. Unfortunately you don't get to simply change the official map without going through Alunya. That way everything is coordinated and everyones views are taken into consideration.

We don't add nations to the map who don't want to be on it. Roleplay only occurs between nations who want to be involved, that is why the map can sometimes leave off a number of nations.
:agree: like for example i was here for maybe for like 10 days ish before i wanted to be on the map but yeah i think you get my point.Nations who dont ask to be on there will not be on there.

mcmasterdonia:

Alunya can change it if they want to. But at least add the new Syrixian territories. I don't wanna have just seven islands and two small exclaves, I wanna look significant so people realize how active I am and then begin to collaborate with me.

's called diplomatic tactics.

Oh, Alunya, if possible could you keep the giant peak left of your nation? It's too trivial; not worth removing. Possibly we could rename it.

Syrixia:
mcmasterdonia:

Alunya can change it if they want to. But at least add the new Syrixian territories. I don't wanna have just seven islands and two small exclaves, I wanna look significant so people realize how active I am and then begin to collaborate with me.

Oh, Alunya, if possible could you keep the giant peak left of your nation? It's too trivial; not worth removing. Possibly we could rename it.
It's not the size of your nation that matters, it's how you control it. *nod*

New Haven:
Syrixia:
mcmasterdonia:

It's not the size of your nation that matters, it's how you control it. *nod*
This coming from my eternal historic rival. (Check my factbook for details)

And don't think I've forgotten the zombie hordes you sent at me. I'm still fuming.

Alunya hasn't been that active, but I won't complain.

Alunya, TG me pl0x?

Back