Map Claims Thread

Alta Italia:
What program do you guys normally use to update the map?
(I doubt I can help; just curious.)
Not sure what Alunya uses, but I use Paintbrush since I have a Mac.

PLEASE, EVERYONE, TRY TO REFRAIN FROM DEBATING ABOUT THE FILE OR THE PURPOSES OF VARIOUS CLAIMS IN THIS THREAD. IF YOU WANT, START A THREAD IN THIS SUBFORUM TALKING ABOUT IT. THIS IS A MAP CLAIMS THREAD, NOT A MAP CONVERSATION THREAD. STRICTLY NEW CLAIMS ONLY PLEASE. THANKS.​

Syrixia:
PLEASE, EVERYONE, TRY TO REFRAIN FROM DEBATING ABOUT THE FILE OR THE PURPOSES OF VARIOUS CLAIMS IN THIS THREAD. IF YOU WANT, START A THREAD IN THIS SUBFORUM TALKING ABOUT IT. THIS IS A MAP CLAIMS THREAD, NOT A MAP CONVERSATION THREAD. STRICTLY NEW CLAIMS ONLY PLEASE. THANKS.​
Time to make a Map Discussion Thread

What this is is a fantastic opportunity for an RP. Have your nation make an announcement that the area is off-limits and go from there.

Agreed! I'd definitely contribute to the RP.

(BTW: MAP DISCUSSION THREAD PLOX.)

Nierr:
What this is is a fantastic opportunity for an RP. Have your nation make an announcement that the area is off-limits and go from there.

Syrixia:
Agreed! I'd definitely contribute to the RP.

(BTW: MAP DISCUSSION THREAD PLOX.)

OOC: Ok, go to map discussion thread.

Hello, I know the map is in the works of being rewritten, and I don't want my claim to be found as disturbing or annoying, but I found this old map of Guslantis that was built off of the previous map of TNP, and I kinda like the shape of Guslantis in it. If you could, could you morph the claim to match the shape of Guslantis in this map?

[img=300,300]http://i41.tinypic.com/2hg74o8.png[/img]

I'll get on that tomorrow. Siblings were over today; that's why I was practically absent on the forum.

I've analyzed the map and because you're next to Cascadia your morphed claim would give you less land. Is this OK?

MAP UPDATED!
CHECK IT OUT HERE!

CLAIM APPROVALS:
Guslantis​

Footnote(s):
NOTE: Any comments on these footnotes should be made in the map discussion thread.

1. I've refurbished the labels for many nations with dark names and dark colors that kept going into bad image quality. To be honest, I think they look much better now, and they're more seeable. Hopefully the nations whose labels I fixed can agree with me.

2. I've put Guslantis' name off the coast of Guslantis since his new claim wasn't big enough to fit it inside it. Also, I was in a hurry so the border isn't as concise as the one I made for Alta Italia, but I think you'll live- if you don't like it I can fix it in the next update.

3. Nierr, as you moved your claim, I have removed the one I put there. However I have forgotten where the post is containing the image of the new claim since you didn't post it here; thus I have sent you a PM.

4. The Ninety-Nine Percent passed its CTE limit a while ago. Alunya did not remove it on the update after Dec. 16 so I did in this one. I have managed to preserve the parts of the name labels of Abacathea and Great Bights Mum that were located in the Ninety-Nine Percent's territory.

5A: As Hapre has CTE'd and as removed from the map by Alunya a while ago, she did not announce that the enclave inside Alunya is now unclaimed. So, here I am announcing it. The enclave formerly claimed by Hapre located inside Alunya is unclaimed and up for grabs.

5B: It is recommended that a new nation wishing to occupy a spot in the area where Hapre was should also occupy the enclave, as it is near impossible to be named or even put a name near it, because Alunya's territory is black and the enclave is too small. Any existing nations desiring exclaves are encouraged not to claim this one.

6: I have been careful to look and try to figure it out for literally fifteen minutes and I am determined that the image uploader I use, imgur, makes the file a jpg instead of preserving its png-hood of which I made sure, especially this time, that I gave it. As Lord Lore recommended, next update I shall be trying Puush.

As a note, you need to remove 'property of the North Pacific. All rights reserved.' The map is categorically not the property of TNP. It is my property and I claim all intellectual rights to the map.

Edit: this is the map file you want for my claim.

1. In the future, please post such remarks and all future replies to this post in the map discussion thread.

2. I will be making no such change. The statement existed in the square you're referring to before I even started updating this map when Alunya went absent. As I am but an assistant and Alunya is the officially appointed cartographer, you will have to discuss this with her. As such, it will remain there until she comments on the subject.

EDIT: Ok. I will be putting your claim on the map in the next update.

I'd like to add two new islands to my nation...

1v8grQx.gif
The above island would be located directly east of the Kaltian mainland.

grandcay.gif
The above island would be located directly south of the Kaltian mainland.

Nierr:
As a note, you need to remove 'property of the North Pacific. All rights reserved.' The map is categorically not the property of TNP. It is my property and I claim all intellectual rights to the map.

Edit: this is the map file you want for my claim.
I'd like to claim something like the below:

[img=550,550]http://i.imgur.com/5UbUPbU.png[/img]

McMasterdonia, Kialga, I'd like to discuss rivers and borders with you guys to make it a bit more interesting if possible :) I've already started drawing in some rivers that cross borders, if you don't mind, I'd like to continue that. If Kialga's interested I'd like to redo our border entirely as it's currently a very dull straight line.

I'm also sketching out the internal details of the Russian Republic:

[img=550,550]http://i.imgur.com/eMfuDpr.png[/img]

The dot in a circle on the coast is of course the capital, Petrograd :)

I should point out that, Kalti, I am not as good at resizing as Alunya and I will need to actually draw your islands. Sorry about dat lol.

Syrixia:
I should point out that, Kalti, I am not as good at resizing as Alunya and I will need to actually draw your islands. Sorry about dat lol.
Lol. Are we needing the Cat to come and do the cartography?

No he's just not going to hurt the quality of the map by copy and pasting random images in :P

I was gonna say that lol. The Cat is good at copy pasting like that, but still that's not an excuse lol. The copy-pasted islands you have are enough lol, I'll draw the other two in.

Sorry, New Sekai. No more claims are allowed for now as the map is being redone. Speaking of, I will post the map in a few mins.

MAP UPDATED!
CHECK IT OUT HERE!

CLAIM APPROVALS:
Zemnaya Svoboda, Andulus, Nierr, Kalti​

Footnote(s):
NOTE: Any comments on these footnotes should be made in the map discussion thread.

1. The cartographeracy is now Nierr's, providing he is officially appointed. Nierr, please make sure all these islands are replicated on your map, along with the prediscussed edited borders of some countries. I've analyzed each claim and they make sense from an RP perspective. All clear from the King Giraffe's POV. ;D

2. The square in the bottom left has been edited. The map scale is still there, Nierr has been credited (along with the other cartographers to a lesser extent) with his property rights, and the official cartographer space says N/A, since Nierr has not yet been officially appointed. That said, I back a Nierran ascension to the cartographeracy.

Diolch i chi Syrixia, I understand the map is being updated but the new islands look good... I only asked for them to be added since they will be a future roleplay area I'm going to explore in the next few weeks once I've started school again and have everything settled.

Claims are now being accepted again and Syrixian support of a Nierran cartographeracy is hereby revoked due to a ruling by the Minister of Culture.

A cartographeracy issue too complex to explain. I will put Alunya back in next update.

I've read a comment by Nierr and I've decided that during the time I'm working on the map, new claims will be accepted but new islands will NOT.

Island nations looking for claims (Example: New Sekai) should find a suitable place on the TNP mainland to claim.

Just don't go Archegnum-Original-Claim and claim a colossal swath of land for yourself.

What if your entire nation is based around an island pre-dating the new map.
And if you wish to change that to fit the geography?

just move the island then, onto the same plate where your mainland is. Though I think it's already on the same plate. I'll check

Back