A Balder Update(Vol 14)

Zander

TNPer
4r2vrs.png

King: North East Somerset
Crown Princess: Rach

Statsminister: Isidor C. Somerset
Riksraadet:
Chief of Staff: Cormac, Culture: Seven Deaths, Integration: mcmasterdonia, Foreign Affairs: Fuzzy, Security: Durkadurkiranistan, Media: Cassius Cerebella
Speaker of Riksdag:(Riksdagens Talman) 34625197
Royal Council: Isidor C. Somerset, Charles Cerebella, Zander Cerebella
Forum: http://balderns.net

Statsminster Elections

24.jpg

New Statsminster Isidor, right, discusses his campaign victory with his Chief of Staff, Cormac.

Balder’s first official Statsminster elections earlier this month saw Prince Isidor C. Somerset beat incumbent Fuzzy and Speaker 34625197 to become the next Statsminster. It was a close call, with Isidor taking 5 votes to Fuzzy’s 4 and 346’s 1. The election results were hampered by confusion, as the basic law amendments initially made it unclear who could stand and vote. A ruling by Deputy Speaker mcmasterdonia saw all candidates declared valid, and the invalid votes were removed to leave Isidor with a narrow lead. With the ruling accepted by all candidates, Isidor was appointed, and set to work cleaning all those owl pellets out of the office!

Civil Service

screen_shot_2014-05-02_at_11.12.11_pm.jpg

mcmasterdonia models the new civil service uniform

Balder is creating a civil service! Spearheaded by Integration Minister mcmasterdonia, it will see the creation of offices attached to the various ministries. New members keen to get involved will be able to join the ministry of their choosing as a civil servant, and participate in its day to day activities. Overseen directly by that department's minister, these low level posts will see new members get the chance to participate in every part of Balder's government.

The Treaty of the Old Gods

opera-singer..class.jpeg

Joint Commander Cerebella gives a speech to the troops

Last month, The Treaty of the Old Gods was passed into law by the Riksdag. Presented by King North East Somerset, the treaty is the culmination of months of discussion and work, and strengthens the ties between Balder and Osiris. Alongside confirming our desire to work together to increase and ensure our combined security, stability and strength, the treaty also saw the creation of the The Imperial Sovereign Realms Army. This joint military effort, in which the Balder Jomsvikings and the Sekhmet Legion of Osiris will work together under joint commander Charles Cerebella, will see our armies become the envy of the GCR's!

Norse Sanctuary RP opens

David-Tennant_1526922c.jpg

Seven Deaths celebrates the opening of the Norse Sanctuary

Balder has a new RP in the form of the Norse Sanctuary! A spinoff of Albion's massively popular (and generally just massive) Olympus Resort RP, The Norse Sanctuary sees citizens roleplay as demigods, the sons and daughters of Norse gods, who live together in the sanctuary. The world combines monthly quests lead by Culture Minister Seven Deaths, with an otherwise open RP world which allows participants to start their own topics and cause their own incidents!

Balder's Secrets!

CURRY NIGHT EXPLOSION​
Balder's famous curry night almost ended in disaster last week after head chef and full time pyromaniac Zander Cerebella confused the tumeric with his personal gunpowder stash. The resulting explosion blew out the kitchen windows and removed Zander's eyebrows. "I know the Vindaloo was supposed to be spicy, but I think he might have got carried away" said curry night regular Cormac. "Maybe he should try labelling his bottles properly, this isn't the first time his gunpowder supply has ended up in the food...."

HAIR REGROWTH FORMULA​
It is rumored that King North East Somerset is trying out a hair regrowth formula. "I think he thinks we haven't noticed." Said Fuzzy. "But it is kind of obvious, last week he came in with a receding hairline, and today he came in looking like Cousin It. At first I thought it was a fancy dress costume or something, until Durk got tangled in it and we realised it really was attached."

TIMEY-WIMEY INCIDENT​
New culture minister Seven Deaths went missing for an afternoon last week after his renewed attempts to create a TARDIS opened up a rift in space-time. "IT WORKED! OH. MY. GOD. IT WORKED!" Screamed a still excited SD. "It doesn't matter that I ended up in some parallel dimension where we were enslaved by giant puddings, or that when I escaped from there I landed in the king's bath, the point is it worked! What do you mean where's my arm? AAAAHHHHH!!"

Written by Fuzzy the Owl

Back