The Beach May 2014 Update

6ane3mC.png
The Beach May Update
May 2014

Introducing the new Regional Administration

TuqmvMx.jpg
The Big Kahuna with the Bonfire around the... Bonfire singing Kumbaya

The Beach recently unveiled a new administration. TheStonedSurfers, in conjunction with former Beach President Leivan, suspended the previous Constitution instituted several changes in how the government works.

The Founder of The Beach has assumed executive control of the region, styling himself as His Total Awesomeness, TheStonedSurfers, the Big Kahuna of The Beach. He has full executive authority over the region. The day-to-day operations of the region have been vested in a new executive committee called The Bonfire.

The Bonfire is made up of four members. Leivan, who is the Chief Advisor to the Big Kahuna and Chairman of The Bonfire; Tacheles, who has been appointed as Regional Affairs Advisor to the Big Kahuna; Andrew, who has been appointed Foreign Affairs Advisor to the Big Kahuna; Massachusettscity has been appointed Membership Affairs Advisor; and Retracia, The Beach's WA Delegate, has been appointed World Assembly Advisor.

All members of The Beach are now part of the Council of Sand, the membership council which functions as a pseudo legislature. Any one who is resident in The Beach may submit ideas, suggestions, and even formal legislation for the Council of Sand to vote on. If a majority of members agree on a proposal, the Big Kahuna has stated that he will implement the requests gladly.

Read the Big Kahuna's Formal Address to The Beach here

Meet the Beach

We are here with TheStonedSurfers, founder and Big Kahuna of The Beach. He has been around for all the great events in our region, and has agreed to sit down with Chief Advisor Leivan and answer a few questions.

Interview:
XxgioDw.jpg
The Big Kahuna takes time out from surfing for the interview

1. How did you decide that you wanted to found the Beach? Why call it that?

I had been through several other regions, some very well known, some not so well known, and saw how different regions operated. There were many that were close to what I wanted, but not quite. So, I decided to found my own region and work at creating a place I’d like to call home.
Why call it the Beach? Because I love the beach and that lazy, laid back feeling you get at it. There’s no where else on Earth where I feel more comfortable or relaxed than at the beach. It is truly my refuge.

2. What was it like to recruit the first residents and form the first government?

Recruiting my first residents was an exciting time. To think that, with all of these messages bombarding people who come into the game fresh, or who return to the game after a period of inactivity, that they would give my region a chance was an amazing feeling. Some of those who I first recruited are still residing in the region today.

3. You and Leivan decided recently to abolish the government and start over. What can we expect from the Beach in the coming months?

It wasn’t an easy decision to abolish the government. I had wanted to establish a strong government from the beginning so that the residents could take control of their region as soon as possible. However, it came to be that it wasn’t working as well as hoped. Thus the decision was made to abolish the government and start over.
What you can expect from the Beach in the coming months is a renewed commitment to building a strong, entertaining region that participates in the wider NS community. A region where the natives can be proud that they made the choice to call the Beach their home.

4. Surfing or sand castles?

Surfing.

5. What would you say to anyone interested in joining the Beach?

I would tell anyone interested in joining the Beach to come on in and have a look around. We don’t bite, unless you ask us to. We’re open to everyone who wants to be a part of something that I believe is special.

Thanks to TheStonedSurfers for a wonderful interview. With this we start our new Meet the Beach segment, and we hope that you have enjoyed it!

The Beach-Europeia Constructive Partnership Agreement

treaties_7.jpg
The Beach Leadership and Europeian Delegation discussing terms in the lavish Kahuna's Hut

The Beach and Europeian delegations have come to the negotiating tables once again for the discussion of the terms in the Partnership agreement. Several weeks ago the Partnership Agreements was near ready for Ratifications of both the regional legislatures but due to the disbanding of the Beach Constitution and its old government, the Agreement became void.

New negotiations have began and new terms are on the table. The Partnership Agreement guarantees a complete friendly and diplomatic alliance with Europeia and the creation of an 'Architect' office to assist the Regional Government of The Beach in the creation of a sustainable government and community. It also allows Citizens of The Beach to apply on the Europeian forums for Provisional Citizenship, without requiring a nation in the Europeian region. This gives Citizens of The Beach the chance to participate in the Europeian Republican Navy and the Citizens' Assembly of Europeia.

For more information on the The Beach-Europeia Partnership Agreement go here

The Beach Adopts Official Holidays & Observances

Yj4Unbl.jpg
The Big Kahuna (center), Leivan (left), and Andrew (right), cheering new holidays

The Big Kahuna officially proclaimed a list of holidays and observances for The Beach. Official holidays include New Years Eve, New Years Day, Earth Day, 420 Day (April 20), Solstice Day (Winter & Summer), and Equinox Day (Spring & Autumn). The Kahuna also established observances to commemorate his own birthday, GLBT members of The Beach, Global Harmony Week, and even a Creative Writing Week.

You can read the full text of Holidays and Observances here

The Beach Weather Forecast

WErz8ss.png

Expect much of the same throughout 2014 and 2015 with highs around 85F/30C. Expect a cool down in 2016 with the high only reaching 84F/29C. Break out the sweaters!

The Beach Foreign Update is brought to you by the Foreign Relations Office of His Total Awesomeness, TheStonedSurfers, Big Kahuna of The Beach and distributed monthly to our embassies and consolates around the world!

Thank you for reading!

Looks like the region is doing well and of course lovely weather at the beach. Though I admit that I prefer it a little bit warmer if I intend to go for a swim.

Yeah. In reality, I'm spoiled by living in North Carolina. That's about what our ocean temperature gets to in the midst of summer. It's quite pleasing

really? o_O

I'm from Australia and I think the water temperature would rarely get to 29 degrees Celsius. Even if it is 40 degrees on the beach :P

Back