The Never Ending Story

Almost 2 years since my last post. Unreal!

In my last post I wrote about being able to be myself in my new role. Since them, I was promoted twice. I now serve as the Vice President of Understanding What Matters for a fortune 100 company. It's essentially, the Employee Sentiment Guru. For anyone who has been discounted or find themselves in some kind of adversity, don't give up!

In 2020, I also ran for office in my town. I didn't win but got over 11k votes. I plan to return and hope to win. Miss TNP, miss the game, but towards the end of my time in the game, it was just boring. I miss the old days - groans the player who still feels like a noobie relative to the many old players.

I started playing this game in 2004, there are probably players who weren't born then playing now. Insane but that's the circle of life!

I hope it's not another two years for the next update.

So two friends of mine recently became Lt. Governors of states here in the US. Really happy for them and also interesting for me. I pride myself on forecasting. I like to be right, but also love being wrong because it helps me become more right in the future. In one situation, I was oh so right and in another situation I was oh so wrong. I

When I was in college in the late 90s, I told my friend he'd be great politically if he made that move. He was really good at connecting both people and issues. 20+ years later and boom. That's really cool.

After college I met a woman who I thought was too kind to be a politician. I never thought she'd go far politically. 15+ years later and boom she's a Lt. Gov. That's also really cool.

The thing about politics is you can be someone who exudes potential greatness or someone kind, and you can still be successful. Hard work and a little luck go a long way.

As for me - I'm figuring out what 2022 looks like for me politically. One day, I'd love to be governor but I'm going to need a bit of luck to go along with some of the hard work I'm putting in. Hopefully, we can get past this virus and start to get back to some semblance of normalcy.

How has it been more than a year since my last post in this thing? Nuts.

Lots of life changes for me from this year to last. But right now battling covid for the very first time. Not fun at all.

I'm more at peace than I've been in a long time and hoping to be more of my authentic self, period and full stop. We'll see what the future holds.

Got through my battle with Covid.

I head into 2023 with more hope than any year in a very long time. You never know what life will bring and there are always twists and turns but I am looking forward to tackling things at work and in life.

To the young ones on this forum...youth is fleeting so live up your present moments. To my old friends...when and how did we become the old people? Time.

Happy New Year 2023! Looking forward to the possibilities!

So far 2023 has been pretty good. I won a DEI award at my company, got to speak at a panel during a conference in Salt Lake City, and narrowly escaped hitting a moose while driving in Wyoming.

2022 was challenging as I went through a number of personal issues, most notably the death of my marriage. Back out there in the dating world with some positive outcomes mixed with some very interesting situations that I could right a book about. Hopeful to find something real but also patient in the process. But for all you young kids out there confidence, intelligence, and a sense of humor go a long way.

This year my oldest is turning 20 and that's just insane to me. I know we have people who are much younger than that playing the game. I started back in 2004 and I was a wee lad of 26/7 and that same son was barely 1.

I'd really love to write a book in the next 2 years. Just have to hunker down and do it. I'm hopeful to get in shape, try and stay healthy, and help my kiddos achieve their dreams in 2023. Tomorrows are not promised to anyone so I hope to enjoy the days and come back here often with new updates!

Wow...it's actually 8 months later.

I began something back in March 2023, but alas love eluded me in that relationship. In November 2023, I'm making a go of it again. We'll see where this ends up! My middle son, 18, has a girlfriend and it's cool to watch him progress.

Getting ever closer to the 20 year anniversary of when i started playing the game! Can't believe it! Time sure does fly.

Looking forward to running for office in 2024, finalizing my divorce, and watching my middle son graduate high school. Continue to be kind to each other TNPers!

EDIT - I must make a post on Feb 25, 2024 which will be the 10 year anniversary of this blog! Wow!! LW, I'll be around and if so, expect a post!

Last edited:
Back