Update from That Place - aka Oracia

[img=150,90]http://z1.ifrm.com/2511/149/0/f5019362/CapreciaFlagGradientSmall.png[/img] [img=150,90]http://www.nationstates.net/images/flags/uploads/rflags/nysa__35884.png[/img]
THE ORACIAN SOCIETY
Nysa & Caprecia ~ Unity in Friendship

THAT GOVERNMENT THING:
Founders: Kingborough (Nysa) & TheDomination (Caprecia)
Prime Minister: Florinthus
RolePlay Ministers: Lines (Caprecia) and Ikarius (Nysa)
Constitution

THIS MONTH'S OOC HAPPENINGS:
- Florinthus elected 1st Prime Minister of the Oracian Society, defeating rival candidates Hahklallah, Cameron and Raz.
- Ikarius reelected Roleplay Minister of Nysa for 3rd term, defeating Kingborough.
- Roleplay Minister Election act passes the General Assembly to fix loopholes.
- Everyone notices we had a government all this time.

THIS MONTHS IC HAPPENINGS:
- Deltoria and Jandrea begin alliance discussions with the aim of forming a Caprecian Minor Union.
- The United Kingdom of Syntreal begins discussions on formation.
- Winter Olympics take place in Millerainia - boycotted by Angleterra after bumbling by IOOC during host selection.
- Host city applications open for the Summer Olympics. Lead contenders include Cias, Badenburg, Ki'Tal and New Orleans.
- Winner of Jandrean elections Damien Andros injured in crash, leaving him unable to serve. Sitting PM Michael Roveran keeps his seat.
- The 8th National Conference is called in Falsea to elect a new General Secretary and Premier
- New Emperor elected in Carpathia and Moldova.
- Major powers of Nysa condemn Perentium for human rights violations; Hahklallah considering intervention.
- Coup fails in the Agrias Combine.

MESSAGE FROM THE EDITOR:
Greetings and sorry we haven't got an update to you earlier.

You may or may not know we both joined the Commonwealth of Regions early last year, and have now left that organisation a couple of months ago. Just before leaving, our two regions decided to merge forums and roleplay worlds and since then, Nysa and Caprecia have also merged our governments to form the Oracian Society - so we've been dealing with all the repercussions of that and getting used to each other. We've also been joined by many members from Alterra following its schism, and many ex-Commonwealth members who came to stay with us when we left.

We've also honestly never put a huge priority on our foreign affairs in the past as roleplay regions, but our new Prime Minister has kicked things into gear so look forward to even more boring news from us. So, read down for said boring news.

~ Kingborough

TALK OF THE REGION:
Since our merger, we've never been better and are having a great time. We've got an activity of 35-40 members visiting the forum a day and over a hundred posts a day, some awesome maps thanks to the esteemed Lines, and we've written a new snazzy constitution to deal with our merged government.

Caprecia will celebrate it's 7th annieversary this July, and Nysa it's 2nd ... as fate would have it, we discovered last July when me and Dom went to post happy birthday topics that both our regions share the same founding day - the 29th - just several years apart. It's a strange world.

Thanks to the esteemed Mesta and Deckard Christopher, Oracia also has its own talkshows. The Oracian Report and Crossfire by Mestra and the DC Show by Deckard, which have been generating a ton of interest. The people of Oracia have been able to meet on Skype and debate and discuss our region in some interesting talks on everything from history to evil Kubanizian babies (don't ask). It's always great to put a voice to a name :) You can check out the talkshows here.

A while back Ikarius hosted an Oracian poker tournament on IRC, which I am told was a blast. We also have had some great literature turning up, with Raz writing a SAO fanfic for us and a poetry circle being opened with some beautiful submissions from Zanaro, Valus and Mestra.

That's all I can think of for now, and I'm sure you're bored by now so I'll end this here.

WELCOME TO NEW PEOPLE
Finally, we'd like to welcome these new people to Oracia who joined recently;

Xylonia
Dohake
Brum Brum
Karjellin
Jonathan
Solarius

OTHER COOL THINGS
Click it! I dare you.

Our Forums
Shiny Maps