Halloween Zombie Invasion

Alfiswen

TNPer
On the 31st of October the impending zombie invasion will occur

Alfiswen understands and speaks out that this event is of large importance to the safety and prosperity of all nation located in the region of the North Pacific

Alfiswen asks that a summit shall occur on the 30th of October (AWST) between the leaders of this region to discuss and create a action plan to deal with the zombie pandemic considering the previous invasion.

This vote will stay open until the 29th of October at 4:00pm (AWST)

You may vote in this thread by posting "aye" "nay" or "abstain" in black, normal sized text without embellishments. All other votes will not be counted. Votes cast by any other means than a post in this thread will similarly not be counted. A simple majority is needed to pass.

Sorry, no, that's not how it works. Things don't go to the voting floor unless they follow the proper procedure. Also, why vote on having a meeting? Just invite the people who you want to come and see if they show up or not.

Moved from the Voting Floor to the Regional Assembly forum.

I was just thinking of posting something on this, we really should discuss what to do about this and how to deal with it, any suggestions?

Oh yes, that would be an important step. Last time if I had been aware of the situation sooner, I would have been able to fight off the epidemic better.

I think we should try and get everyone to mobilize their military and kill these things before it spreads further, a cure is good but risky, we could lose entire countries if development is too slow, meaning more zombies and less fire power to deal with them.

A nation going by the name The Rogue Nation of Halloween Zombie Apocalypse has arrived to TNP. I'm guessing this is the start, what do we do?

It seems other regions have banned this nation from staying in their region, I propose we do the same, especially since they have said "Prepare to start biting"!!

Parmistine:
I think we should try and get everyone to mobilize their military and kill these things before it spreads further, a cure is good but risky, we could lose entire countries if development is too slow, meaning more zombies and less fire power to deal with them.

A nation going by the name The Rogue Nation of Halloween Zombie Apocalypse has arrived to TNP. I'm guessing this is the start, what do we do?

It seems other regions have banned this nation from staying in their region, I propose we do the same, especially since they have said "Prepare to start biting"!!
a) exterminating proved to not be a very good strategy, curing was. But getting all of TNP to cure seems highly unlikely, given the number of people that will not even login during the space of one day.

If we want consistency, we might as well go for "join the zombie hoard". See if we can get TNP to become zombies fastest. Or at least the biggest zombie region.

b) Kicking someone out because of their nation name is a bit stupid. So no.

SillyString:
Relevant suggestion by Erubatar: clicky
Ok, sounds good but it won't be done in time for this epidemic, we need short term solutions. For example, we should decide on what action to take (military force, cure or both) and just try to get as many as we can to follow it. Also we need a policy on what to do with nations who help spread infection.

My advice would be for the delegate to send out a region-wide telegram encouraging nations to research the cure, and for people during the event to keep the RMB active and keep encouraging the same. The only way TNP has a chance to survive is if we try to reach as many people as possible and convince them to help with the research.

SillyString:
My advice would be for the delegate to send out a region-wide telegram encouraging nations to research the cure, and for people during the event to keep the RMB active and keep encouraging the same. The only way TNP has a chance to survive is if we try to reach as many people as possible and convince them to help with the research.
:agree:

Perhaps McMasterdonia could be lobbied to create a Zombie Fighting Commission or something and create officers to go around encouraging cures and keeping activity up. Maybe cool titles and whatnot?

We could get some graphic designers on the case and make a whole marketing campaign. /commsminister

Iro:
SillyString:
:agree:

Perhaps McMasterdonia could be lobbied to create a Zombie Fighting Commission or something and create officers to go around encouraging cures and keeping activity up. Maybe cool titles and whatnot?

We could get some graphic designers on the case and make a whole marketing campaign. /commsminister
We could sort people into different groups so we have an even number of people finding the cure and using military force, so then if the cure takes too long, we have something to fall back on.

Great ideas by the way.

I'm pretty sure military force failed last time. Especially given the nations that won't be doing anything for the day.

Researching the cure has the potential to carry nations that are letting the zombies do whatever they want.

Former English Colony:
I'm pretty sure military force failed last time. Especially given the nations that won't be doing anything for the day.

Researching the cure has the potential to carry nations that are letting the zombies do whatever they want.
Ok good point, so we should agree on a decision. I'd say by the 29th so we have enough time to spread the information and see what kind of numbers we have.

As to this year, any course of action can be justified legally under Clause 11 of the Bill of Rights, it was designed for emergencies, after all.

So are we going with the cure?

If we are, we can try to get as many people as we can working on the cure, while we use the NPA to work on military force to buy time.

Personally I think that those who join the zombies should get a ban or even permanently banned. They obviously have no concern about the security of The North Pacific and threaten everyone in it.

The NPA doesn't actually have the ability to affect anything about this epidemic at all, aside from also contributing to the cure. :P It's slightly counter-intuitive (though it makes a lot of sense if you dig into it), but national statistics around military/science spending actually make no difference. The only thing that matters is the proportion of infected to uninfected.

Silly is right, the NPA doesn't have the ability to mow down zombies with suppressive fire. I like the sentiment, though. :P

Ok, how fast can we get the word out to people to research the cure when available?

Also, will those who help the zombies be banned, I feel they should.

From what I have gleaned from McMasterdonia, no nations will be banned. I can't speak as to getting the word out, though.

We may have a problem with immigrant zombie nations, since many UCRs will be password protecting their regions and the ejected infecteds will be looking for a home.

I have already sent a telegram out to all members of the region about researching for a cure.

I tried to sound as dramatic as possible.

But helping the zombies is the same as treason.

Chapter 1: Criminal Code

Section 1.1: Treason
2. "Treason" is defined as taking arms or providing material support to a group or region for the purpose of undermining or overthrowing the lawful government of The North Pacific or any of its treatied allies as governed by the Constitution.
3. Specifically, no player maintaining a nation in a region or organization at war with TNP may maintain a nation within TNP, or participate in the governance thereof, for the duration of hostilities.
4. At this time, there are no regions or organizations at war with TNP. At this time TNP is allied with Stargate, the South Pacific, Taijitu, International Democratic Union, Equilism, Balder and Europeia.
5. The Speaker will update the preceding clause as appropriate.

It's pretty much the same thing, I'm not comfortable knowing that there are people who want to harm The North Pacific within it and nothing being done about it.

But even if TNP is completely overrun, it doesn't undermine the lawful government. McM will still be delegate. :P

In terms of protecting against zombie flooders, [violet] has announced on the NS forums that all regions, including GCRs, will have the power to implement certain border controls, either to lock the region down entirely or to set up a key-code, visible to all nations in the region, that people wanting to enter must provide.

These controls will not interfere with the normal process of founding, refounding, or ejecting, but they will stop unauthorized voluntary movement into (and maybe out of?) a region.

It's just traffic from everyone watching the countdown timer refreshing at the same time, I assume. I expect it'll calm down in the next few hours.

Chrome's working for me. By the way, I'm just wondering (and hoping) that our borders are closed, we don't want more infection coming in from other regions.

My zombie count has reached 8 mil

Back