Proposal to recall Punk D.

I'm undecided on running again.

From a recall perspective, this one received more votes than the last one, which I find odd. The last vote, I could understand the position of SillyString et. al. who believed I was grossly misinterpreting the EC's statements.

I was confident in my interpretation and that confidence was perhaps what was most scary for others who believed there was no way I was correct.

In this particular recall, the recall was made because I didn't answer questions to the particular satisfaction of a faction of people. To be blunt, I thought the line of questioning was not really of a constructive nature. I didn't. I also believed that GM answered the relevant portions of the questions.

It seems that more people were concerned about my actions there than not.

I tend to think that I'm a very good judge of something's ability to win from a legislative or election perspective. If I ran in the judicial election, I shouldn't receive one of the top three spots given how the current court is viewed and how the bulk of the blame has been vested in my hands...rightly or wrongly is of little import when thinking about electability (sp?). Electability is just the ability to win an election. I give myself about a 20% chance of coming in 3rd place in the next judicial elections. Not very good odds, and JAL nearly beat me last time. hehehe.

I think folks will have a better impression of my time as a moderator of the current trial than the last several months. Sanc and I didn't get along and to be blunt, he never tried. I did, he wasn't open.

The current court comprised of myself, Hileville, and Blue Wolf will undoubtedly function far better than the prior court. I mean, how could it function worse?

Chas - what I take from this recall vote is not that 2/3rds of the voting populace would support me in a reelection bid, but that 2/3rds of the voting populace thought the recall was nothing short of a waste of everyone's time.

I'm inclined to agree.

punk d:
The current court comprised of myself, Hileville, and Blue Wolf will undoubtedly function far better than the prior court. I mean, how could it function worse?
Remind me never to consider running for court justice - it seems like a thankless job. I voted no in the recall because you just became Chief Justice and have yet to establish a record (in my book). Best of luck in the current case pending before the court.

Back