TNP Civil Liberties Union

Yup, IRC is 'private property', so to speak and not under the control of TNP government or legal system. Censorship can therefore be entirely arbitrary.

Advice? Did someone say advice?

About chat, in general, people say stuff they haven't thought through. Everything anyone says is construed as if it were something that had been thought through. So here is my advice:

1. Stay off irc.
2. Failing that, avoid topics dealing with politics, religion or sex.
3. When those subjects inevitably come up, heed the wisdom of Thumper. "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."

If you weren't banned, it's really not that big of a deal- most likely you were doing something a bit improper and they felt the need to eject you. If you can get back into #tnp, you're fine.

I suggest finding the op that kicked you, clarifying what you did wrong if you don't know, and apologizing. Move on. As long as you don't offend again, again, it's not that big of a deal.

Great Bights Mum:
Advice? Did someone say advice?

About chat, in general, people say stuff they haven't thought through. Everything anyone says is construed as if it were something that had been thought through. So here is my advice:

1. Stay off irc.
2. Failing that, avoid topics dealing with politics, religion or sex.
3. When those subjects inevitably come up, heed the wisdom of Thumper. "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."
[me] has indicated its intention to follow the recommendations of Option 1.

Iro:
If you weren't banned, it's really not that big of a deal- most likely you were doing something a bit improper and they felt the need to eject you. If you can get back into #tnp, you're fine.

I suggest finding the op that kicked you, clarifying what you did wrong if you don't know, and apologizing. Move on. As long as you don't offend again, again, it's not that big of a deal.

Following the advice from GBM, I'm not going back on IRC. If you can clarify and find out on my behalf, I would appreciate your help.

Chasmanthe:
1. I got kicked from the IRC on fridayedit:saturday. Presumably I have no rights in regard to this, it could have been a case of the op removing a disturbance (i.e. me) in the most effective way possible, can anyone offer me some guidance?

The last line that was said to me was "trivialities to hide what you should really be sorry for" and I am at a loss to identify what this refers to - there are so many things I've done wrong it needs to be spelled out to me.
I have no idea even what thread this is, but since it was me, I'm responding, apologies if it doesn't quite belong. Let's review what you (Chas) said

[08:42] <+Chasmanthe> I'm sorry I came here
[08:43] <+Chasmanthe> I'm sorry I talked to you people
[08:43] <+Chasmanthe> I'm sorry I was born
[08:43] <+Chasmanthe> I'm sorry I ever played NationStates
[08:43] <+Chasmanthe> I'm sorry I joined the North Pacific
[08:43] <+Chasmanthe> I'm sorry I joined the army and left it
[08:43] <+Chasmanthe> I'm sorry I ever said anything nice to anybody
[08:43] <+Chasmanthe> I'm sorry I ever doubted the government
[08:44] <+Chasmanthe> you all suck
[08:44] <+Chasmanthe> really badly
[08:44] <+frattastan> A bunch of trivialities to hide what you should really sorry about.
[08:44] <+frattastan> *really be
[08:44] <+Chasmanthe> telegram me
[08:44] * Chasmanthe was kicked by Erastide (dude... shut up)
I personally have no intentions of apologizing. There was no ban, it was one kick, and given the sentiment as read, I'm not sure why you're complaining, it appeared you didn't even want to be there. I have no clue what fratt was talking about, I wasn't there before you went off.

Hey, remember, were all Libertarians who are plotting to take over the world and then leave everyone alone. :P

I am currently in a good mood.

Allow me to make a few minor points in response to Former English Colony.

I did not ask you to apologize, and I don't think anybody would expect you to.

I didn't ask you for an explanation or justification, nor can I see any reason why you would feel compelled to give one, however, I am pleased that you did, because that's what I wanted. You've almost made me happy.

I'm never setting foot in #tnp again. People who think they know me will suspect this is out of spite and crazed childish behaviour. Whereas, actually, if anybody was paying attention, I resolved to not go on IRC on the advice of GBM.

Secondly, as a gesture of goodwill to DD, I will withdraw from the VD race and endorse his campaign.

May I just say, Chas, I love the questions in your sig. Particularly the last one, and the answer that applies for my particular office.
I'm irremovable. :3

SillyString:
May I just say, Chas, I love the questions in your sig. Particularly the last one, and the answer that applies for my particular office.
I'm irremovable. :3
Lifted wholesale from Tony Benn :)

I think if we can answer those five for any powerful person we come across, we would understand a lot more about democracy than we currently do.

I move for a vote of no confidence in the founder of this organization.

It's quite clear to me that he has blatantly voted against the override of the WA verification repeal bill, while there are some substantial privacy concerns regarding it, supposedly the very rights and liberties that TNPCLU was established to protect.

The concerns raised against WA verification are as follows: One, it infringes on the privacy of upstanding TNP citizens; two, it impedes the ability of the NPA to defend TNP and her allies; and three, it provides no actual security or prosecutory advantages.

In light of this, he has damaged the credibility of TNPCLU and must be removed.

Code:
<Romanoffie | Ne Romanoffie pas | Je ne sais pas>

And why stop there? Why shouldn't a nation who doesn't reside here be accorded the protections offered by our Bill of Rights? Is it fair to discriminate against them?

Back