Leave of Absence Requests

I believe her leave should be left alone until its end date in the OP, since it is so close to the end.

I think such a long leave should not have been granted, and I think Abbey should not push herself past her limits just to retain citizenship. I echo what COE said - let it lapse and reapply when you're capable of playing again.

It's not that I don't have the time (trust me, I have faaaar too much free time and would kill for more things to occupy it with), or that I'm not fundamentally well enough to play, but that I will need to try things in order to figure out coping mechanisms and things that I can use to help me maintain full citizenship. I won't be able to do that without my citizenship and without the time to "phase" back into full activity, you will find that I'm just constantly re-applying because I keep on screwing up. Every new (or old, but new to the "new" me) thing that I do comes with a period of adjustment and learning. It's why I'm phasing back into University, starting with home study, and then part time and then possibly eventually full time. You wouldn't turn around to that situation and go "go away until you're ready for full time". Perhaps such a long leave should not have been granted, but I ask that you look at it in terms of my need for a LoA /now/, rather than whether I needed one two months ago. It was done privately because at the time, I was too squeamish about my diagnoses to want to splatter it across the forums.

My disability may seem strange or unusual to you, but that's precisely why I'm asking that you look at this situation perhaps a little differently than you otherwise would. My Borderline Personality Disorder means that my emotions are a rollercoaster and no amount of therapy can stop that, instead I have to learn to deal with those effects and for the most part I have to learn by doing. Doing this transition properly will mean I'll be much more able to cope with full involvement. Giving me an all or nothing means that I'll probably just walk away and find something else to do for fear of overburdening myself by doing too much, too fast.

Abbey Anumia:
I will need to try things in order to figure out coping mechanisms and things that I can use to help me maintain full citizenship.
This is what confuses me. Retaining citizenship requires one post per month, anywhere on the forum. Everything else (more posts, voting, etc) is just gravy. I genuinely don't understand what coping mechanisms are required to do that, or what can help manage it.

I'd get it if we still had the old RA requirements, which required voting - in that case, I can see where voting regularly and also trying to follow legislative discussions could present undue challenge. But with the way things are now, a single post every 30 days that just says "Still a citizen!" suffices to retain citizenship. Given that, I also don't understand how not having citizenship interferes with your ability to phase back in. Residents can post basically anywhere citizens can, and residency would allow you to phase your posting frequency back in.

At the point I made that post, I wasn't aware that the RA Activity requirement had been scaled back. I should, then, be able to keep up with that with little adjustment. That means I won't be asking for my leave to be extended and I will ask for shorter LoAs in any situation such as a hospital admission. It may be that someone else could phase back in with residency but the fact of the matter is that the things that I personally enjoy, legislative and legal stuff, does tend to require citizenship for full involvement. There's no point me trying to phase with activities I don't get any enjoyment from.

Expected Date of Return (GMT): 22 April 2015

Reason for Request: I will be on holiday with little to no internet access.

I will be around sporadically for the next week and official 'gone' from 10 April. While I am away the Attorney General's Office is still in operation and in good hands.

Gracius Maximus:
Expected Date of Return (GMT): 22 April 2015

Reason for Request: I will be on holiday with little to no internet access.

I will be around sporadically for the next week and official 'gone' from 10 April. While I am away the Attorney General's Office is still in operation and in good hands.
Leave accepted.

I'm not expecting to need a formal LoA, but the following will explain what to expect from me between now and whenever I finish a top-priority RL project:

I am now in the two months or so period prior to my due date to submit the annual manuscript to my publisher, except that this time it is a new edition that, for technical publication reasons, has required a complete reorganization of the work (going from two volumes to three and dividing chapters triggered this.) "The Work"
So my posting will be erratic. I plan to still check admin stuff, daily if possible, but RA and SC may be less frequent until the task is completed.
The usual submission date is roughly the end of the weekend following the Fourth of July, but it varies, and I don't know yet whether it will hold this year because of the need to submit a completed revised manuscript (now approaching 4000 pages in print.)

(It usually grows about 75 to 100 pages a year and I started doing this in 1993.)

SillyString:
I think such a long leave should not have been granted, and I think Abbey should not push herself past her limits just to retain citizenship. I echo what COE said - let it lapse and reapply when you're capable of playing again.
Citizens Currently on Leave
Abbey Anumia (until 2015-05-12)

Whether or not someone agrees with such a long LOA being granted, the fact is that it WAS granted. This is not an indefinite LOA. It has an end date, and this should be honoured by the Speaker's department.

Changing the goalposts while someone is on a LOA is not cool.

And honored that shall be. Abbey has not been removed as of yet, due to her having a thirty day grace period until it lapses. I will do everything in my power to prevent the lapse, and the continuation of the aforementioned leave of one of TNP's first RA Members.

Also, Grosseschnauzer, I am perfectly fine granting the leave given you give me an estimate time period of your leave. You mentioned two months, but I don't know if that's how long you need or if you want it longer.

Bootsie:
And honored that shall be. Abbey has not been removed as of yet, due to her having a thirty day grace period until it lapses. I will do everything in my power to prevent the lapse, and the continuation of the aforementioned leave of one of TNP's first RA Members.

Also, Grosseschnauzer, I am perfectly fine granting the leave given you give me an estimate time period of your leave. You mentioned two months, but I don't know if that's how long you need or if you want it longer.
At the moment, it isn't a formal request, just an FYI. The intended submission date for this every year is usually the end of the weekend following the Fourth of July. I just do not know yet whether that will hold true with this being a totally reorganized work. It could be later in July than the target date. If I'm able to check in and vote or post, I will. But my announced retirement from participation in the R.A. (announced last July) will not take place until afterwards.

Grosseschnauzer:
Bootsie:

At the moment, it isn't a formal request, just an FYI. The intended submission date for this every year is usually the end of the weekend following the Fourth of July. I just do not know yet whether that will hold true with this being a totally reorganized work. It could be later in July than the target date. If I'm able to check in and vote or post, I will. But my announced retirement from participation in the R.A. (announced last July) will not take place until afterwards.
Gotcha. Just wanted to keep the rolls updated and keeping your citizenship as intact as possible.

To: Esteemed Speaker of the Regional Assembly Bootsie and his Office,

Mr. Speaker, I would like to request a LOA starting from May 19th, 2015 to May 25th, 2015.

Reason: My church mission group is traveling on an international mission to the Honduras. From what I learned so far, the areas we’ll be traveling to don’t have the best Internet coverage, and some areas do not even have any coverage at all. I do expect to be able to log on, but I just want to take an LOA to be safe.

Thank you for your time and consideration,

~ Tomb

Dear Esteemed Mr. Speaker and his Office,

I would like to cancel the current LOA that I have.
The current weather in the part of Honduras that we're visiting is not safe for travel, apparently, and so we our church mission has decided to cancel the trip. We do plan to postpone it till July 12th - 18th, but I'll schedule an LOA as we near those dates.

Thank you for your help and patience.

~ Tomb

Date leave begins (GMT): 13 June

Expected date of return (GMT): 20 June

Reason for request: Trip to Washington, DC during those days

Date leave begins (GMT): June 5th 2015 00:00

Expected date of return (GMT): September 8th 2015 00:00

Reason for request: I will enter a period of dormancy for the whole summer, as I will have zero Internet access. I will resume activity after the school year starts again in the fall.

Thank you! :)

Date leave begins (GMT): 6 June

Expected date of return (GMT): 5 July

Reason for request: 2015 FIFA Women's World Cup Canada

Bootsie:
Grosseschnauzer:
Bootsie:

Gotcha. Just wanted to keep the rolls updated and keeping your citizenship as intact as possible.
UPDATE:
The renovations have reached a point where it proves Murphy's Law is correct. The phase that they're in now will replace everything in the kitchen, the bathroom, and some other details, and supposedly it will all be done in one day. (I'm scheduled for next week.) However, this also means removing everything out of all of the kitchen cabinets and drawers and the bathroom and then unpacking all that stuff back into both rooms once the work is finished. (Each probably taking up to a day.) And of course, they're doing this just as I am supposed to be in the final phase of the manuscript revision. And I have to schedule a couple of other things to happen before the end of the month as well.
So I will be around even less than I had thought I could, and it may take me to mid-July to get the manuscript finished, as I am losing about a week to the renovation. If I do drop by, it will be a quick visit, and any posts on debate will be very short and sweet.

Hola,

I am away on a conference in Belgium from monday to Friday 19th June. I may have wi-fi, i may not. If not, i will not be online.

Alright, LoA granted, flemingovia. I wasn't entirely sure if you were asking for a leave before; thanks for clearing that up.

Back