Notice of Embassy Closure

Blue Wolf II

A Wolf Most Blue
-
TNP Nation
Blue_Wolf_II
arms.png

Due to a recent series of events involving a UDL Lieutenant accused of and later admitting to theft of private NPA mission information from the private NPA forums, and due to an on-going investigation into the UDL's conduct dealing with said thief, combined with their leadership's utter lack of punishment for the person responsible, even when a punishment, however pathetically light, was promised, I am hereby ordering the closer of the United Defenders League effective immediately.

-Blue Wolf II, Vice-Delegate of The North Pacific, Acting Delegate in the Interim.

The fact he wasn't demasked was a mistake, everyone else was demasked -- and he was de'oped like everyone else on IRC. It was simply overlooked when whoever was doing the Admin work for it. We had several people to demask.

Blue Wolf II:
I find that excuse to be both pathetic and unbelievable.
Well, I'm sorry that you feel that way. It's the truth, though. Nonetheless, we're sorry for the confusion.

He's too busy worrying about micromanaging FA with neutral regions in the hope of passively convincing locals there to join his cult to worry about something like that.

Or....I didn't touch Admin CP while demoted, Avakael.

And UDL has never used its forum very much. It wasn't noticed.

unibot:
And UDL has never used its forum very much.
So precisely how does your punishment actually mean anything? It sounds more like you used it as a holiday. If you actually wanted to demonstrate an apology, instead of pretending to cause yourself harm, why didn't you offer some kind of reparations to TNP?

The punishment was more in the loss of IRC ops, the loss of IRC communication in the Officer's Channel and the loss of authority than the forums. Because we rarely use our forums, but heavily rely on IRC.

Ultimately, there were reparations made -- #udl was not able to function well during the suspensions, we were overwhelmed and understaffed.

unibot:
The fact he wasn't demasked was a mistake, everyone else was demasked -- and he was de'oped like everyone else on IRC. It was simply overlooked when whoever was doing the Admin work for it. We had several people to demask.
No. Everyone else was not remasked. You were the only person whose masking changed. Everybody else's remained the same.

I will note though that the forums aren't really used for much.

No. Everyone else was not remasked. You were the only person whose masking changed. Everybody else's remained the same.

That's because I did myself, because I thought being root I needed to do it on myself. I honestly had thought everyone else had already been remasked. >_< Sorry.

You should have brought it up with an admin, they would have rectified that quickly. But nonetheless, sorry. It was overlooked. I thought another Admin had gotten to the demasking.

As Earth has stated else where, the UDL forums are "hardly used" as such, I fail to see what a forum demotion even accomplishes (were it even carried out in the first place). As to his de'op'ing on IRC, what does that accomplish? I couldn't even categorize this as a "slap on the wrist" in the slightest. I find it laughable that your first instinct was to strip Elu only to rescind that order in favor of a bogus temporary demotion. If you also expect anyone to believe that you weren't running the show during this "demotion" period, I'd have to say that your ruse was ill conceived. Why else would Earth be searching high and low for you on IRC the moment an international crisis pops up. I applaud the strong and swift leadership shown by VD Blue Wolf II, it's refreshing to see a leader who will not put up with these shenanigans.

Karpathos:
As Earth has stated else where, the UDL forums are "hardly used" as such, I fail to see what a forum demotion even accomplishes (were it even carried out in the first place). As to his de'op'ing on IRC, what does that accomplish? I couldn't even categorize this as a "slap on the wrist" in the slightest. I find it laughable that your first instinct was to strip Elu only to rescind that order in favor of a bogus temporary demotion. If you also expect anyone to believe that you weren't running the show during this "demotion" period, I'd have to say that your ruse was ill conceived. Why else would Earth be searching high and low for you on IRC the moment an international crisis pops up. I applaud the strong and swift leadership shown by VD Blue Wolf II, it's refreshing to see a leader who will not put up with these shenanigans.
The demotions across the board, but most importantly engineered on IRC, significantly affected the organisations's leadership. We didn't have enough organizers or leaders during most updates -- the demoted officers did not informally take part in update as organizers or leaders because that would be inappropriate for their rank.

Judging by the attitude on the NS forums of UDL leadership and members, ranging from not caring about the incident to openly mocking the concerns of the current TNP government by stating that they will soon be replaced shows that ultimately the UDL just doesn't give a damn about TNP. The UDL is interested in TNPA to be sure, but let's face it: if Eluvatar hadn't come forward no one would ever have been told.

Bokeryville, how do you even honestly consider yourself a TNPer if you support the UDL stealing information from our private forums for their own operational use?

Bokeryville:
I for one will support Unibot and the UDL in this struggle no matter what.

Noted.

unibot:
The demotions across the board, but most importantly engineered on IRC, significantly affected the organisations's [sic] leadership. We didn't have enough organizers or leaders during most updates -- the demoted officers did not informally take part in update as organizers or leaders because that would be inappropriate for their rank.

So you're blaming your recent update losses on what? Not being an OP on IRC? I expected a little better than that.

Back