TNP v. Elu (Old)

I had already indicated that pretrial motions should end at 6pm EST on the 24th, Counsellor. You posted 2 minutes later. That may not seem like much, but fair is fair. I would have been just as hard on the prosecution had they not posted within the timelimit.

I want to be fair, Counsellor, but I don't want this trial to be sidelined and delayed and setbacked continuously. The period for pretrial motions has ended and the Justices have now retired to consider those before them. When I return and announce our decision, we'll be entering discovery.

This court is still adjourned, gentlemen, as hard as it is to believe at the moment. I would appreciate if you two put a little trust in the justice system.

Your honor, I asked for clarification primarily because the court did not respond to defense's comments and I wanted to ensure I understood protocol.

I am content that I have a better understanding than before. Thank you and I look forward to the court's decision...

...retires to other matters.

The Defense believes that it has effectively been deprived of its ability to file pre-trial motions (our motions to dismiss were not such, as they predated pleas), or even a response to the Prosecution's motions, as a result of what we consider to be an ill-defined scheduling structure. The Defense will be appealing the decisions related to scheduling, which deprive my client of his right to respond and thus his right to a fair trial, to the full Court within the next 48 hours.

You have that option. We're already considering motions to dismiss, you might as well give us more to do.

Due to the Request for Review relating to this case, I'm extending the current recess until 24 hours after a decision has been posted to that review.

I trust neither Counsel have a problem with this.

Back