Court Filings

Rejection of Indictment

Reasons drafted by Zyvetskistaahn and joined by Wonderess, with Lady Raven Wing abstaining.

Procedural Defect

The Court Rules and Procedures require that “All criminal charges brought before the Court must be presented in the form of an indictment.” They also require that “All indictments [...] must be presented using an established template, if one exists.”

The request for indictment that has been filed does not meet either of these requirements. It is fundamental to the form of an indictment that it must actually contain a criminal charge, the request does not appear to contain any specific charge. Further, template established by the Court has not been properly completed, as no specifics of the crime have been set out.

For those reasons, the request does not meet the procedural requirements of indictments.

No crime charged

Beyond amounting to a procedural defect, the lack of a specific crime being charged is also a substantive flaw in the request.

The Bill of Rights, in article 6, provides that “No Nation shall be held to answer for a crime in a manner not prescribed by the Constitution or the Legal Code.” The Legal Code, Chapter 1, clause 1 provides “No criminal case may be brought before the Court of the North Pacific against any resident for any crime not listed in the Criminal Code.”

Absent a specific charge of a crime listed in the Criminal Code, the Court can not accept an indictment, by reason of the above provisions. Additionally, accepting a charge of an unspecified crime would rob the proposed Defendant of the ability to know and respond to the charges against them, key facets of the right to a fair trial, which the Court must protect.

Conclusion

For those reasons, the Court rejects the request for indictment filed by Rwekaza concerning Territorio di Nessuno. The request may be resubmitted only if significant changes have been made to address these reasons.

Indictment

I bring forward the following charge(s) holding that all the below is true and honest to the best of my belief.

Name of Complainant:
Prydania

Name(s) of Accused:
Pigeonstan (Nation: Pigeonstan) a Citizen of the North Pacific. As of this filling, citizen number 3835.

Date(s) of Alleged Crime(s): June 17, 2020

Crimes:

Count 1: Conspiracy to Commit Fraud (Legal Code 1.3.12) (Legal Code 1.8.24)

Section 1.3: Fraud
12. "Fraud" is defined as an intentional deception, by falsehood or omission, made for some benefit or to damage another individual.

Section 1.8. Conspiracy
24. "Conspiracy" is defined as planning, attempting, or helping to commit any crime under this criminal code.

The accused committed the act of Conspiracy to Commit Fraud by presenting himself as a government official with the authority to act on the government's behalf towards the region of the South Pacific, for the purpose of their personal benefit and to the detriment of the reputation of the North Pacific and Syrixia.

Count 2: Conspiracy to Commit Fraud (Legal Code 1.3.12) (Legal Code 1.8.24)

The accused committed the act of Conspiracy to Commit Fraud by misrepresenting the reason for his dismissal from the Ministry of Culture in the North Pacific Executive Discord Server, such representations were meant to damage the reputation of Syrixia and benefit the accused by presenting themselves as the victim of a minor personal dispute.

Count 3: Conspiracy to Commit Fraud (Legal Code 1.3.12) (Legal Code 1.8.24)

The accused committed the act of Conspiracy to Commit Fraud by misrepresenting the reason for his dismissal from the Ministry of Culture in the North Pacific General Discord Server, such representations were meant to damage the reputation of Syrixia and benefit the accused by presenting themselves as the victim of a misunderstanding.

Count 4: Gross Misconduct (Legal Code 1.9.25)

Section 1.9. Gross Misconduct
25. "Gross Misconduct" is defined as the violation of an individual's legally mandated sworn oath, either willfully or through negligence.

The accused did commit the crime of Gross Misconduct by violating the Citizens Oath. The accused violated the oaths requirements to be obedient to the laws of the North Pacific and to be responsible in action when the accused presented themselves as a government official without authorization to a foriegn power, and by committing the crime of Conspiracy to Commit Fraud as outlined in Count 1.

Count 5: Gross Misconduct (Legal Code 1.9.25)

The accused did commit the crime of Gross Misconduct by violating the Citizens Oath. The accused violated the oaths requirements to be obedient to the laws of the North Pacific and to be responsible in action when the accused purposefully misrepresented the reason for their dismissal from the government in the North Pacific Executive Discord Server, and by committing the crime of Conspiracy to Commit Fraud as outlined in Count 2.

Count 6: Gross Misconduct (Legal Code 1.9.25)

The accused did commit the crime of Gross Misconduct by violating the Citizens Oath. The accused violated the oaths requirements to be obedient to the laws of the North Pacific and to be responsible in action when the accused purposefully misrepresented the reason for their dismissal from the government in the North Pacific General Discord Server, and by committing the crime of Conspiracy to Commit Fraud as outlined in Count 3.

Count 7: Gross Misconduct (Legal Code 1.9.25)

The accused did commit the crime of Gross Misconduct by violating the Citizens Oath. The accused violated the oaths requirements to be responsible in action when the accused acted negligent by failing to read and comprehend the entire post containing instructions provided to all members of the Ministry of Culture by Syrixia, and then acted on incomplete and flawed assumptions without first asking for clarification, endangering interregional relations with The South Pacific in the process.

Specifics of Crime(s):

Pigeonstan (hereby referred to as the accused) was informed by general ping of the current projects by the Ministry of Culture. The instructions were clear and addressed to specific members of the Ministry. The accused failed to read and properly comprehend the instructions given. Instead the accused joined the official Discord server for the region of The South Pacific. Upon joining, the accused did represent himself as an official of the North Pacific government on official government business. The accused did not have permission from the Delegate, his ministers, or any other lawful government authority to represent himself as such to a foriegn government. By presenting themselves as an official of the North Pacific on official duty, the accused did cause confusion and attempted to benefit themselves by having an authority which they did not have. Such an action constitutes a conspiracy to commit Fraud by benefit of oneself, by attempting to damage the reputation of the region abroad, by attempting to damage the reputation of Syrixia and the Ministry of Culture, and by attempting to Damage the reputation of the Northern Broadcast Service, Ministry of Radio, and Dreadton. Such an action further constitutes a violation of the Citizens Oath requirement to be obedient to the Laws of the region and responsible in action.

The accused was removed as a staff member of the Ministry of Culture by Minister Syrixia due to prior bad conduct and due to the above entitled matter. The accused was informed of their removal and the reason for such an action. The accused did misrepresent the reason for his dismissal to other members of the The North Pacific [Executive] Discord Server. The accused did intentionally attempt to harm the reputation of Syrixia, the Minister of Culture by painting his dismissal as a result of a trivial disagreement. Such an action constitutes a conspiracy to commit Fraud by attempting to damage another individual. Such an action further constitutes a violation of the Citizens Oath requirement to be obedient to the Laws of the region and responsible in action.

The accused did misrepresent the reason for his dismissal to other citizens of the region in the #citizens-chanel of the North Pacific Regional Discord server. The accused claimed that he was sent by the Ministry of Culture to the South Pacific, and that it was not his fault that they misrepresented themselves. The accused attempted to frame their dismissal as a misunderstanding, once again attempted to harm the reputation of Syrixia. Such an action constitutes a conspiracy to commit Fraud by attempting to damage another individual. Such an action further constitutes a violation of the Citizens Oath requirement to be obedient to the Laws of the region and responsible in action.

Summary of Events:

The accused, along with all other members of the Ministry of Culture, were informed of current projects of the Ministry.The accused then joined the South Pacific Discord server. Once he joined, he claimed to have been sent from the Ministry of Culture to make a Northern Broadcast Service show with the South Pacific Regional Government. The South Pacific Regional officers knew of no such plans and reached out to the Minister of Communications, Gorundu who was in the channel .

Gorundu posted in the Culture channel, requesting clarification on what the accused was doing and under what authority. Syrixia confirmed that the accused had no such authority, nor was anything close to what the accused had claimed discussed. Syrixia informed the accused that he was being removed from the ministry due to his actions. The accused proceeded to claim in the public channel of the Executive Discord that his dismissal was due to a minor disagreement held over from the TNP Game Server.

The accused was questioned by a citizen in the regional general discord about an TSP expose. The accused claimed that it has to do with ministry of culture agents entering TSP discord. The Accused then claimed again that they were told to help the South Pacific make a NBS show and that it was not his fault.

Evidence:
https://www.nationstates.net/region...=display_region_rmb?postid=39290523#p39290523

https://www.nationstates.net/region...=display_region_rmb?postid=39290680#p39290680

https://www.nationstates.net/region...=display_region_rmb?postid=39291154#p39291154

https://imgur.com/a/0YtpO64
(Post presented here, from the The North Pacific Executive Discord Private channels, were declassified by order of the Delegate, @Prydania )

Request for Emergency Order on The Preservation of Evidence

The post listed in this motion can be easily manipulated or deleted by the accused or others with no hope of recovery from on site sources. Due to the nature of the charges in this matter, we believe that there is a reasonable risk that this evidence may be tampered with or destroyed. As such, we request that the court issue an Emergency Order preventing the destruction of this evidence during its deliberation on the indictment and during all other matters until this case is resolved.

Based on a clear danger of evidentiary spoliation in this matter, We request that the court issue an Emergency Order preventing the editing, suppression, deletion of the above linked Regional Message Board post identified as Postid=39290523#p39290523, Postid=39290680#p39290680, and Postid=39291154#p39291154, and all other Discord post by the accused, regional officers, Game Side Advocates, and/or any other person who may be able to edit, suppress, or delete the referenced post.

The Court is considering the above request for indictment.

In relation to the requested emergency order, it appears that the regional message board posts have already been deleted. It is now impossible to restrain the deletion of those posts and for that reason the Court does not think it appropriate to make the order sought. The Court considers there is plainly a strong justification for an order to restrain deletion of the Discord posts, in particular the fact that it appears that the prospective Defendant has already deleted the regional message board posts that an order was sought to protect.

The Court therefore orders that the Prospective Defendant, Pigeonstan, must not delete, edit, or otherwise alter any Discord post which are relevant to this request for indictment and, in particular, must not delete, edit, or otherwise alter any Discord post which is contained in the evidence submitted with the request; and any other person who may be able to edit, suppress, or delete and who is aware of the terms of this order must not delete, edit, or otherwise alter any post which the Prospective Defendant is restrained from deleting, editing, or otherwise altering.

ok sorry
i did not know
i belive the first three counts are obsolete due to it not being intent but incompetence
note i was not neglegent but i misunderstood the order
At this stage, the Court considers the request for indictment as filed. You will have an opportunity to enter a plea and to challenge charges stated if the request is accepted. Please do not post repeatedly in this thread, it is premature at this stage and is disruptive of the thread.

Indictment and Request for Approval

I bring forward the following charge(s) and request that Territorio di Nessuno should be banned in TNP for reasons. of the below nation holding that all the below is true and honest to the best of my belief.

Name of Complainant: went and made an alt and raided the region

Name(s) of Accused: Territorio di Nessuno

Date(s) of Alleged Crime(s): June 2 2020

Crime: Rading a region

Specifics of Crime(s): He removed every one on the office team and almost took over the whole region.

Summary of Events: He became WA delegate, removed the officers from their positions, and almost took over if not for Jodilee (her alt is the founder) and went to his main nation like nothing happen.

Reasons for seeking approval (how does the nation pose a clear security threat and why is their removal is necessary for the protection of the region):

If the nation has already been ejected or banned, when was this action taken: 13 days ago

Evidence: https://www.nationstates.net/page=d...n=first_world_order?postid=39188261#p39188261

I also want to say, if I win this case,I want to unbanned from TNP pls thank u. *Walks out of court*

So what happend?
wo wo wo
What about my case!!?!?!??!
Your case will be addressed in due course. Do not keep posting in this thread asking about it, I have told you what is happening. The Court aims to address these matters in three days, yours has been filed for less than one. Repeated posts spamming this thread will not get it addressed any faster and are disruptive.

Rejection of Indictment

Reasons drafted by Zyvetskistaahn and joined by Lady Raven Wing and Wonderess.

Procedural Defect

The Court Rules and Procedures require that “All indictments [...] must be presented using an established template, if one exists.”

The request for indictment that has been filed does not meet that requirement. The template used is for a request for indictment and pre-trial ejection and/or ban, which is appropriate only for the Delegate, as only they are entitled to request pre-trial ejections and/or bans. The post containing the template makes clear it should only be used by the Delegate.

Further, the template, even if it had been appropriate, has not been properly completed, as the section for the complainants name has instead been completed with “went and made an alt and raided the region”.

Crime not known to Law

The indictment purports to charge Territorio di Nessuno with “rading a region”.

The Bill of Rights, in article 6, provides that “No Nation shall be held to answer for a crime in a manner not prescribed by the Constitution or the Legal Code.” The Legal Code, Chapter 1, clause 1 provides “No criminal case may be brought before the Court of the North Pacific against any resident for any crime not listed in the Criminal Code.”

“Rading a region” is not a crime listed in the Criminal Code, so the Court cannot accept the indictment, by reason of the above provisions.

Conclusion

For those reasons, the Court rejects the request for indictment filed by Rwekaza concerning Territorio di Nessuno. The request may be resubmitted only if significant changes have been made to address these reasons.

As is noted above, the filing also includes a request seeking approval of ban. That request is improper, as it may only be made by the Delegate, and is refused both for that reason and because the charges been rejected.

The Court notes that this is the second request for indictment filed over a short period by Rwekaza against Territorio di Nessuno, both being without merit. The Court would advise Rwekaza that, if they seek to file further requests, they check carefully to ensure they comply with the Court’s Rules and the law before doing so.

Indictment

I bring forward the following charge(s) holding that all the below is true and honest to the best of my belief.

Name of Complainant: @Pigeonstan

Name(s) of Accused: @Ihese

Date(s) of Alleged Crime(s): 8/27/2020

Crime:
13. "Fraud" is defined as an intentional deception, by falsehood or omission, made for some benefit or to damage another individual.

25. "Gross Misconduct" is defined as the violation of an individual's legally mandated sworn oath, either willfully or through negligence.

Specifics of Crime(s): fraud to defame pigeonstan over an old mistake of pigeonstans

Summary of Events: ihese was harrassing me on an alt account with telegrams telling me to bitch off and that my mouth was an anus along with other things constituted as harrassment as i reported this due to how horrible the content was he got a 3 day RMB ban and telegram ban

now while this may be something he would sit out he decided to gloat on the forum about how i was making a political play to disable him for TNPV8 and how i was some person abusing the power of reports as he was the one who was harrassing me

therefore i belive what ihese has done to be a clear violation of not taking responsibilities for his own actions and blaming any punishment on me maliciously interfering

Evidence:

along with
the imgur is to prove what he said and the RMB is to prove that he actually did harrass me

Indictment
Name of complainant: @Dakota Sioux
Name of accused: @Prydania
Date(s) of alleged crime(s) 5/11/2020- 5/12/2020
Crime(s) Banning unfairly and harassing me.
Specific(s) of crime(s) Prydania banned me unfairly and TG harassed me after the ban.
Summary of event(s) Prydania banned me unfairly and harrassed me after the fact.
Therefore, I believe what Prydania has done has been a clear violation of abusing powers and harassing me.
Evidence: Will say in The High Court.

Indictment

Crime:

Specifics of Crime(s): fraud to defame pigeonstan over an old mistake of pigeonstans

Summary of Events: ihese was harrassing me on an alt account with telegrams telling me to bitch off and that my mouth was an anus along with other things constituted as harrassment as i reported this due to how horrible the content was he got a 3 day RMB ban and telegram ban

now while this may be something he would sit out he decided to gloat on the forum about how i was making a political play to disable him for TNPV8 and how i was some person abusing the power of reports as he was the one who was harrassing me

therefore i belive what ihese has done to be a clear violation of not taking responsibilities for his own actions and blaming any punishment on me maliciously interfering

Evidence:

along with
the imgur is to prove what he said and the RMB is to prove that he actually did harrass me
The Court will consider the above request for indictment.
Indictment
Specific(s) of crime(s) Prydania banned me unfairly and TG harassed me after the ban.
Summary of event(s) Prydania banned me unfairly and harrassed me after the fact.
Therefore, I believe what Prydania has done has been a clear violation of abusing powers and harassing me.
The Court will consider the above request for indictment.
I, hereby take @Prydania before the High Court of The North Pacific for banning me unfairly.
The above does not appear to be any recognisable filing, as such no action will be taken regarding it.

Indictment

Crime:
13. "Fraud" is defined as an intentional deception, by falsehood or omission, made for some benefit or to damage another individual.

Evidence:

along with
The Court accepts the above indictment. I appoint @Mall Moderating Justice. I will name a Standby Hearing Officer in due course.

EDIT: Further to the above, I appoint @saintpeter Standby Hearing Officer.

Last edited:
Sorry, @Pigeonstan, but one of the conditions was to withdraw the case. You didn't fulfill the agreement, then our diplomatic relationship is broken again. I'd tried all to improve our relationship, but you didn't.

Indictment

Rejection of Indictment

Reasons drafted by Zyvetskistaahn and joined by Mall, with Eluvatar abstaining.

Crime not known to Law

The indictment purports to charge Prydania with “Banning unfairly and harassing me”.

“Banning unfairly and harassing me” is not a crime listed in the Criminal Code, so the Court cannot accept the indictment, by reason of the above provisions.

For that reason, the Court rejects the request for indictment filed by Dakota Sioux concerning Prydania. The request may be resubmitted only if significant changes have been made to address these reasons. [/quote]

Indictment and Request for a Ban

I bring forward the following charge and request that New Francois and all known puppets should be banned from the North Pacific, holding that all the below is true and honest to the best of my belief.

Name of Complainant: @Prydania
Name(s) of Accused: @New Francois
Date(s) of Alleged Crime(s):
14 August 2020
Crime:
Section 1.8 of the Legal Code, Conspiracy. Specifically Conspiracy to commit Treason against TNP (Section 1.1 of the Legal Code).
Specifics of Crime(s): New Francois laid out a plan to start a "revolution" and seize control of TNP on the Regional Message Board of the region First World Order.
Summary of Events:
New Francois, using the puppet account New Francois of First Word Order, began to plan an attempted coup of TNP on First World Order's Regional Message Board. He explains he wishes to start a "revolution" in TNP, indicates he desires a regional conflict, says he plans on "raiding" TNP to take control of it and "change basically everything about the region," claims that "TNP Officials" can't know about this plan because they will "shut it down," and says he could do this easier as either Delegate or Vice Delegate of TNP.
Reasons for seeking approval (how does the nation pose a clear security threat and why is their removal is necessary for the protection of the region):
New Francois' plot is less than a month old, and includes him declaring that he can accomplish his goals of overthrowing TNP's government as either Delegate or Vice Delegate. He is currently running for Vice Delegate and has indicated he will run for Delegate in January 2021. It seems like they are acting on the plan laid out to attempt to topple TNP's legal government.
If the nation has already been ejected or banned, when was this action taken:
I banned the nation in my position as Delegate around 2:30 EST before unbanning them to pursue this indictment.
Evidence:

Oh1Ap5z.jpg

TbyInh3.jpg

g0Pj5uj.jpg

d7lK2fQ.jpg

7LeWBDu.jpg

OE1XoAB.jpg

ppqCn3Q.jpg

I bring forward the following charge and request that New Francois and all known puppets should be banned from the North Pacific, holding that all the below is true and honest to the best of my belief.

Date(s) of Alleged Crime(s): 14 August 2020
Crime: Section 1.8 of the Legal Code, Conspiracy. Specifically Conspiracy to commit Treason against TNP (Section 1.1 of the Legal Code).
Specifics of Crime(s): New Francois laid out a plan to start a "revolution" and seize control of TNP on the Regional Message Board of the region First World Order.
Summary of Events: New Francois, using the puppet account New Francois of First Word Order, began to plan an attempted coup of TNP on First World Order's Regional Message Board. He explains he wishes to start a "revolution" in TNP, indicates he desires a regional conflict, says he plans on "raiding" TNP to take control of it and "change basically everything about the region," claims that "TNP Officials" can't know about this plan because they will "shut it down," and says he could do this easier as either Delegate or Vice Delegate of TNP.
Reasons for seeking approval (how does the nation pose a clear security threat and why is their removal is necessary for the protection of the region): New Francois' plot is less than a month old, and includes him declaring that he can accomplish his goals of overthrowing TNP's government as either Delegate or Vice Delegate. He is currently running for Vice Delegate and has indicated he will run for Delegate in January 2021. It seems like they are acting on the plan laid out to attempt to topple TNP's legal government.
If the nation has already been ejected or banned, when was this action taken: I banned the nation in my position as Delegate around 2:30 EST before unbanning them to pursue this indictment.
Evidence:

Oh1Ap5z.jpg

TbyInh3.jpg

g0Pj5uj.jpg

d7lK2fQ.jpg

7LeWBDu.jpg

OE1XoAB.jpg

ppqCn3Q.jpg
The Court is considering the above requests.

In relation to the request for approval, I would note that the nation in question has already been ejected, but that approval is currently only sought for banning. It appears to me that ejections and bans are distinct in law and that an ejection performed (or said to be performed) under section 3.4 of the Legal Code would require approval. In view of that, I would allow the request to be amended to also include request for retrospective approval of the ejection, provided that that amendment is made within the day allowed for retrospective approval to be sought.

In view of that, I would allow the request to be amended to also include request for retrospective approval of the ejection, provided that that amendment is made within the day allowed for retrospective approval to be sought.
I would very much like to amend the request to include retrospective approval of the ejection.

Crime: Section 1.8 of the Legal Code, Conspiracy. Specifically Conspiracy to commit Treason against TNP (Section 1.1 of the Legal Code).
Summary of Events: New Francois, using the puppet account New Francois of First Word Order, began to plan an attempted coup of TNP on First World Order's Regional Message Board. He explains he wishes to start a "revolution" in TNP, indicates he desires a regional conflict, says he plans on "raiding" TNP to take control of it and "change basically everything about the region," claims that "TNP Officials" can't know about this plan because they will "shut it down," and says he could do this easier as either Delegate or Vice Delegate of TNP.
Reasons for seeking approval (how does the nation pose a clear security threat and why is their removal is necessary for the protection of the region): New Francois' plot is less than a month old, and includes him declaring that he can accomplish his goals of overthrowing TNP's government as either Delegate or Vice Delegate. He is currently running for Vice Delegate and has indicated he will run for Delegate in January 2021. It seems like they are acting on the plan laid out to attempt to topple TNP's legal government.
If the nation has already been ejected or banned, when was this action taken: I banned the nation in my position as Delegate around 2:30 EST before unbanning them to pursue this indictment.
Evidence:

Oh1Ap5z.jpg

TbyInh3.jpg

g0Pj5uj.jpg

d7lK2fQ.jpg

7LeWBDu.jpg

OE1XoAB.jpg

ppqCn3Q.jpg

I would very much like to amend the request to include retrospective approval of the ejection.
I have considered the above requests for approval.

In relation to the request for approval of the ejection. I do not think that I can grant the approval.

While I note there is a deviation from the established template in relation to that request, I would be prepared to overlook that procedural formality having regard to the fact that it is not possible simply to edit posts in this sub-forum and that my suggestion for amending the request to include a request for approval was not clear that the request would need to be corrected to comply with the template.

Greater difficulty is presented by the Legal Code. Section 3.4, clause 23 requires that a request for approval of an ejection or ban, in the case of retrospective approval, must be within one day of the ejection or ban being executed. I do not think that it is open to me to treat an amendment of the request as having been made before the end of that timeframe when that amendment was sought after the timeframe had expired. For that reason, I deny approval of the ejection.

In relation to the request for approval of the ban, I must consider the test set down in section 3.4, clause 22: the ban can only be executed when a nation poses a clear security threat and their removal is necessary for the protection of the region

I accept, on the evidence presented, that the prospective Defendant does appear to pose a security threat. The overall sense of the posts shown, and in particular the reference to “raid[ing]” this region and to the need for secrecy (though plainly undermined by the posts being on an RMB), is of a nation that does plan harm to The North Pacific.

I do not, however, find that the removal of the prospective Defendant, through a ban, is necessary. There does not appear to be evidence that the prospective Defendant was engaged in substantial efforts to gain endorsements or had a large enough pool of influence to make preventing their return to the region necessary; if it was the case that there was a dangerous level of endorsements, that had been resolved through ejection, but I make no finding as to the necessity of that given my earlier conclusion. Additionally, the evidence suggests that the risk posed by the prospective Defendant is related mainly to their efforts to attain office, those efforts would not be stopped by a ban and do not support the case for one being necessary.

I would also note, though this fact could not have been known to the Delegate in advance, that the prospective Defendant's nation has left for another region, despite being presently free to remain in The North Pacific. That factor, too, tends against the necessity of a ban at this stage.

Given that it seems to me that both the condition of a security risk and the necessity of removal need to be shown, and that I do not consider necessity is shown at this stage, I deny approval of the ban.

Evidence:

Oh1Ap5z.jpg

TbyInh3.jpg

g0Pj5uj.jpg

d7lK2fQ.jpg

7LeWBDu.jpg

OE1XoAB.jpg

ppqCn3Q.jpg

The Court accepts the above indictment. I will be Moderating Justice and I will name a Standby Hearing Officer in due course.

EDIT: Further to the above, @Vivanco will be Standby Hearing Officer.

Last edited:
Indictment

Name of Complainant: 9003

Name(s) of Accused: St George

Date(s) of Alleged Crime(s): 11/02/2020

Crime: Gross misconduct

Specifics of Crime(s): St George was biased and abused his power to conduct Speaker’s checks by willingly ignoring a citizenship application with the intent to limit the individuals free speech. Thus infringing on that citizens right to fair and equal treatment under the law. .

Summary of Events:
In the early afternoon EST of the date of the crime, St. George posted several messages in the regional Discord server in which he insulted Wonderess. Below is a summary of those messages.
Follows a conversation showing the strong distaste that St George (known on Discord as MadJack) has for wonderess. The events below occurred while St George held the office of speaker.

A summary of the key messages in the conversation are outlined below.

Wonderess is trash and people shouldn't interact with him - full shun, because that's all he deserves.

Most people in TNP are fundamentally decent period. There are some, like Wonderess and Cosmo, who aren't.

Will not be quoted due to profanity but both summarize to say
"F*** Off"

You are trash pretending to be something better than trash
While this is not a crime in itself, it shows a clear personal bias towards Wonderess.
St George then willingly posted the following
Just a note - the Speakers Office will not be processing Wonderess's citizenship application. It will be left to go the full 14 days allowed by law. I am fully aware of the potential consequences of this action.
He then went on to accept others ignoring said application, as seen here, https://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/9145386/post-10354552. This shows his intent to purposefully delay this specific application, thus infringing on Wonderess's right to "equal and fair treatment"as given by Article 9 of the Bill of Rights.

9. Each Nation in The North Pacific is guaranteed the organization and operation of the governmental authorities of the region on fundamental principles of democracy, accountability, and transparency. No action by the governmental authorities of the region shall deny to any Nation of The North Pacific, due process of law, including prior notice and the opportunity to be heard, nor deny to any Nation of The North Pacific the equal and fair treatment and protection of the provisions of the Constitution. No governmental authority shall have power to adopt or impose an ex post facto law or a bill of attainder as to any act for purposes of criminal proceedings.

Evidence:
Just a note - the Speakers Office will not be processing Wonderess's citizenship application. It will be left to go the full 14 days allowed by law. I am fully aware of the potential consequences of this action.

It would be to the detriment of the office, the Regional Assembly and to TNP to endorse the application of someone who would happily malign, exclude and discriminate against people based on their sexuality or other innate characteristics.

Bill of Rights Article 9
9. Each Nation in The North Pacific is guaranteed the organization and operation of the governmental authorities of the region on fundamental principles of democracy, accountability, and transparency. No action by the governmental authorities of the region shall deny to any Nation of The North Pacific, due process of law, including prior notice and the opportunity to be heard, nor deny to any Nation of The North Pacific the equal and fair treatment and protection of the provisions of the Constitution. No governmental authority shall have power to adopt or impose an ex post facto law or a bill of attainder as to any act for purposes of criminal proceedings.

Follows a conversation showing the strong distaste the St George aka MadJack has for wonderess. The events below occurred while St George was in the office of speaker.

A summary of the key messages in the conversation are outlined below.

Wonderess is trash and people shouldn't interact with him - full shun, because that's all he deserves.

Most people in TNP are fundamentally decent period. There are some, like Wonderess and Cosmo, who aren't.

Will not be quoted due to profanity but both summarize to say
"F*** Off"

You are trash pretending to be something better than trash

Indictment

Name of Complainant: McMasterdonia

Name(s) of Accused: 9003

Date(s) of Alleged Crime(s): Sunday 13 December 2020

Crime: Perjury

Section 1.4: Perjury
14. "Perjury" is defined as the willful provision of deceptive testimony provided under oath and the provision of altered evidence with the intent to deceive in a criminal trial being heard by the Court of The North Pacific.

Specifics of Crime(s):
The accused 9003 wilfully provided deceptive testimony during the trial of The North Pacific v St George. The accused provided evidence to the Court in the form of a complaint that included quotes by Madjack AKA St George made about Wonderess. When questions on this evidence, the accused claimed that they had not seen the quotes before until they were posted in the thread. This is clearly deceptive testimony provided by 9003 in order to deceive the Court.

Summary of Events: As above.

Evidence: and https://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/6989211/post-10354701

Indictment

Name of Complainant: Vivanco

Name(s) of Accused: Nubt II of Mortipal

Date(s) of Alleged Crime(s): Thursday 28th of October 2021

Crime:
Espionage

Section 1.2: Espionage
6. "Espionage" is defined as sharing information with a group or region when that act of sharing has not been legitimately sanctioned by the entity the information is gathered from, as limited by this section.

Specifics of Crime(s):

The Accused, Nubt II of Mortipal, willfully exposed private information being discussed in the Private Halls of the Regional Assembly without authoritation of the Regional Assembly. The Private Halls are a hidden forum only visible for citizens and, as such, members of the Regional Assembly. The accused posted and revealed confidential information being prepared in these halls in their public media "The North Pacific Today", to be exact within their Master Thread, on their Issue 1-T.

This media is of public access, and has thus shared information to the full public, to all groups and regions' access, an information that hasn't been legitimately sanctioned by the entity the information is gathered from, this entity being the Regional Assembly at large as it was gathered from the Private Halls where only members can access.

Summary of Events:

As above.

Evidence:
https://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/9195063/post-10466381
UudwsCF.png

Back