Zemnaya Svoboda
Discord
Eluvatar#8517
Category: Education and Creativity
Area of Effect: Educational
Proposed by: Mousebumples

Biomedical Innovation Org:
Description: THE WORLD ASSEMBLY:

UNDERSTANDS that despite the many advances that have been made in medical technology, there are still medical conditions in need of a cure or better treatments.

BELIEVES that, to better assure the health and wellness of citizens living in WA member nations, the World Assembly should work to facilitate the further development and innovation of medical technology and treatments.

SPECIFIES that “biomedical tissues” shall include, at minimum, the following:

1. Blood and blood products, such as platelets and plasma.
  2. Organs, such as the kidneys, liver, and heart.
  3. Stem cells, such as embryonic stem cells, those found in the bone marrow and the umbilical cord, and other adult stem cells.
ENCOURAGES all WA member nations to pass laws to facilitate and encourage the innovation of new treatments involving biomedical tissues.
CREATES the Biomedical Innovation Organization (BIO) within the World Health Authority (WHA), which will be tasked with:

1. Coordinating research on treatments involving biomedical tissues conducted within WA member nations, including the sharing of findings and breakthroughs on an international level.
  2. Including research data for biomedical innovations as a part of the Database Of Clinical Treatments Under Study.
  3. Ensuring that WA member nations appropriately submit patents for biomedical innovations as a part of the Universal Patent Archive.
  4. Developing and distributing an effective and inexpensive test for testing biomedical tissues for any disease or infection prior to transplantation to a recipient.
RECOMMENDS that studies involving biomedical tissues include a control group of some nature.
INSTRUCTS the WHA to allocate an appropriate portion of their budget to assist with the engineering and international implementation of a low-cost and effective system for storing and maintaining previously donated biomedical tissues within WA member nations. This system shall include, at minimum:

1. Medically relevant details with regards to the results of the typing and testing that has been done.
  2. Procedures to prevent the unintended or incorrect transplant or transfusion of biomedical tissues (e.g. the wrong biomedical tissues, etc.)
ESTABLISHES the Biomedical Education Organization (BEO) within the WHA, which shall develop educational programs highlighting:

1. The benefit to patients who are treated with biomedical tissues,
  2. The details involved in donating biomedical tissues to be used for research and/or treatment, and
  3. The importance of creating advance health care directives to ensure that one's own wishes are followed.
URGES all WA member nations to utilize such educational programs, or equivalents, to better educate their citizens regarding the aforementioned topics.
ARRANGES for the BEO to develop and provide Continuing Education courses for medical professionals throughout the multiverse in order to further the knowledge and expertise of practitioners in all WA member nations.

SUGGESTS that all WA member nations work, independently or collaboratively, to develop new systems, techniques, and technologies through which additional biomedical tissues shall be made available for transplant or transfusion.

Mousebumples:
Hey, Eluvatar! I finally got 3 of my organ and stem cell replacements submitted. Yay! :) As a refresher, they are:

1. Biomedical Donor Rights is a human rights resolution, which will protect those (often) altruistic individuals within our nations who are willing to donate their blood, organs, or stem cells for the benefit of others. The forum thread can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=198807
  2. Biomedical Recipient Rights is another human rights resolution, which will protect those who are medically in need. Its clauses work to make transplants and transfusions as safe and successful as possible. The forum thread can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=198808
  3. Biomedical Innovation Organization is an educational resolution, which will help to foster further developments and innovations in this arena. It will also provide educational programs for member nations, which should work to increase citizen knowledge about the donation process and increase the availability of biomedical tissues for medical procedures. The forum thread can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=193537
They’re all in a row on the first page of the GA proposals, if that helps you locate them in the proposal list.

Thanks (hopefully) for your support! :) Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns. And, of course, I'll be lurking on the TNP boards, too, if anything comes up during the debate process there.
Mouse

*waves* I'll be at work when the first proposal (probably) goes to vote. Biomedical Donor Rights is currently exactly at quorum, so provided that there's no loss of approvals, that one should be up first. (The other proposals probably wont reach quorum until the major, or later, update.)

Anyhow, if there are questions on any of these, let me know! :)

GA Resolution at Vote: Biomedical Donor Rights
http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/6960149/

2 for (mcmasterdonia, Queen Ravenna Fontainon); 0 against; 0 abstain; 0 present

To vote one must have a WA nation in TNP or be a member of NPA. I vote for if most of the votes are in for, and against if most of the votes are against. I don't count "present" votes as votes for this. This means that a vote for abstain is a vote against my voting either way.

Zemnaya Svoboda's vote for "Biomedical Donor Rights" has been noted.

GA Resolution at Vote: Biomedical Innovation Org
http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/6960149/

3 for (mcmasterdonia [NPA], Queen Ravenna Fontainon, Eastern Hungry [NPA]); 1 against (Jamie Anumia); 0 abstain; 0 present

To vote one must have a WA nation in TNP or be a member of NPA. I vote for if most of the votes are in for, and against if most of the votes are against. I don't count "present" votes as votes for this. This means that a vote for abstain is a vote against my voting either way.

I will vote for this.

3 minutes ago: The General Assembly resolution Biomedical Innovation Org was passed 8,850 votes to 1,130, and implemented in all WA member nations.

Voting on this resolution has ended.

Thanks to those nations who cast their votes. Your participation is a great help to the region.

This topic has been locked and sent to the Archives for safekeeping. If you would like this topic to be re-opened for further discussion, please contact the WA Delegate, a Global Moderator, or an Administrator for assistance. Thank you.

Voting on this resolution has ended.

Thanks to those nations who cast their votes. Your participation is a great help to the region.

This topic has been locked and sent to the Archives for safekeeping. If you would like this topic to be re-opened for further discussion, please contact the WA Delegate, a Global Moderator, or an Administrator for assistance. Thank you.

Back